Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:06:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin better or paypal?  (Read 281173 times)
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 09:14:58 PM

Well, you can't compare them because they are two different things. Bitcoin is a currency and paypal is a payment service. For buying things online, i prefer using paypal as more online merchant i use accept paypal as the payment method, only a few accept bitcoin. But i prefer bitcoin to send fund and as a form of investment.

why your say bitcoin and paypal is difference,
paypal and bitcoin not diference is same digital curency can payment online, but youre true many store online is accepted paypal use payment , because paypal is complete regulation and supported feture dispute so many store online is prefered to use paypal
and many make money online prefered use bitcoin because is easy use and can grow capital money, is same digital curency but difference customer and client

Well both bitcoin and paypal can fuction as means of payment, but bitcoin have another use which is a form of investment where paypal can't therefore i said bitcoin and paypal is difference. One have advantages to the other, Paypal has the popularity with online merchant, bitcoin has less transaction fee. For me paypal is better rightnow, but if more merchant which i use accept bitcoin, then things can change.

Yes, the fact is right that PayPal is not a currency and Bitcoin is. But we are considering the terms of usage. PayPal is used by allot of countries and Bitcoin has now gained the popularity more than PayPal. It is about usability and transaction fees, which is comparatively low in Bitcoin.
But we also know that the wallet of the bitcoin are the type of payment processors they send money from one person to another like paypal and other payment processors. So if someone is comparing between paypal and bitcoin then they are talking about the transaction system of bitcoin through which we pay for goods and services like paypal.

If we are talking about bitcoin and paypal as a payment system, i still prefer paypal for buying things because PayPal provides buyer protection so i feel safer when i want to buy something. I prefer bitcoin for sending funds to friends or family because of lower fee ( i don't mind it arrived much later).

Well bitcoin got a good protection too but Paypal is widely used. That is the real reason I keep on using it. Bitcoin accepting online stores have limited items on their websites so sometimes you could not see the item you are looking for.
You would need to go to another online store and see that they only accept Paypal as an online payment. This is the real problem now for bitcoin and somehow Paypal wins in that.
yeah this is worst case scenario about bitcoin. but usage of bitcoin is increasing new shops, and online marketing started accepting bitcoin, Payeer also added bitcoin into its payment systems, so anywhere Payeer is accepted than bitcoin is accepted too.

not only payeer and online shops are on the use of bitcoin but any business and any company related to any field of life which when come to know about the benefits of bitcoin for themselves immediately come to adopt it for their usage and for their customers in order to get the all the benefit from bitcoin. They also know that with the adoption of bitcoin their business will be able to accessed all over the world.
only very smart business owners and peopel do this.. some people may still reject/avoid using bitcoin after knowing all these features and benefit and these people are just stupid or totally un responsive. what else I could say.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 12:50:35 AM

According to my opinion Bitcoin is better than PayPal because PayPal have some circumstances/roadblocks
It is not safe when the time comes to transfer a large amount of money
But in future Bitcoin's growth has a bright value in which there is no threat in transfer in money
Also the crypto currency exchange is simpler..
bitcoin is really too much better than paypal because bitcoin paypal is not able to use in many countries and bitcoin is very much useful currency because we can bitcoin in everywhere for online shopping.
I agree with you . bitcoin can be used all over the place. and also the account registration process bitcoin is easy. while PayPal provides a more complex requirements. for some people in the world paypal can not be used in their country.
iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 09:08:18 AM

Well, you can't compare them because they are two different things. Bitcoin is a currency and paypal is a payment service. For buying things online, i prefer using paypal as more online merchant i use accept paypal as the payment method, only a few accept bitcoin. But i prefer bitcoin to send fund and as a form of investment.

paypal and bitcoin not diference is same digital curency can payment online, but youre true many store online is accepted paypal use payment , because paypal is complete regulation and supported feture dispute so many store online is prefered to use paypal
and many make money online prefered use bitcoin because is easy use and can grow capital money, is same digital curency but difference customer and client

Well both bitcoin and paypal can fuction as means of payment, but bitcoin have another use which is a form of investment where paypal can't therefore i said bitcoin and paypal is difference. One have advantages to the other, Paypal has the popularity with online merchant, bitcoin has less transaction fee. For me paypal is better rightnow, but if more merchant which i use accept bitcoin, then things can change.

Yes, the fact is right that PayPal is not a currency and Bitcoin is. But we are considering the terms of usage. PayPal is used by allot of countries and Bitcoin has now gained the popularity more than PayPal. It is about usability and transaction fees, which is comparatively low in Bitcoin.
But we also know that the wallet of the bitcoin are the type of payment processors they send money from one person to another like paypal and other payment processors. So if someone is comparing between paypal and bitcoin then they are talking about the transaction system of bitcoin through which we pay for goods and services like paypal.

If we are talking about bitcoin and paypal as a payment system, i still prefer paypal for buying things because PayPal provides buyer protection so i feel safer when i want to buy something. I prefer bitcoin for sending funds to friends or family because of lower fee ( i don't mind it arrived much later).

Well bitcoin got a good protection too but Paypal is widely used. That is the real reason I keep on using it. Bitcoin accepting online stores have limited items on their websites so sometimes you could not see the item you are looking for.
You would need to go to another online store and see that they only accept Paypal as an online payment. This is the real problem now for bitcoin and somehow Paypal wins in that.

We need more merchants to add Bitcoin as a payment gateway and if the merchant is like eBay who provides buyer's protection then it would be a great success for Bitcoin. People now may prefer PayPal more than Bitcoin while buying but if merchants start using Bitcoin as payment gateway then I guess more than 75% of the people will turn towards Bitcoin.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 02:56:42 PM

I have been told that don't accept payments via paypal, is that right?
Because when buyer will have his bitcoins then he can claim back money from paypal by saying that i haven't received desired product.

Most of the community in bitcoin world/crypto world would say of course that bitcoin is better than paypal, and some are not. But in reality update there are some merchant in paypal are now ready to accept bitcoin to their services, Which in this news it shows that in the long run the Paypal itself will adopt the features and concepts of bitcoin.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 07:00:31 PM

Because when buyer will have his bitcoins then he can claim back money from paypal by saying that i haven't received desired product.

Most of the community in bitcoin world/crypto world would say of course that bitcoin is better than paypal, and some are not. But in reality update there are some merchant in paypal are now ready to accept bitcoin to their services, Which in this news it shows that in the long run the Paypal itself will adopt the features and concepts of bitcoin.

I don't see how PayPal would ever incorporate something so non refundable as Bitcoin. Buyers protection is one of the main reasons people get attracted to PayPal. Bitcoin doesn't allow PayPal to do that, and thus they won't bother. Other than that, Bitcoin has the potential to completely outperform their service, and I am sure they know that too. I don't see any pro's for PayPal when it comes to Bitcoin.
Diced90

Activity: 994
Merit: 515

Get'em boys

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 09:34:51 PM

IMO we can't have these go head to head because bitcoin on one side is decentralized currency with no obligation of paying taxes while PayPal(US) has the mandate to report to IRS for sales of  goods and services on some of its customers. But I would pick BTC over paypal despite it being a young currency .
sunsilk

Activity: 2940
Merit: 620

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 11:54:51 PM

According to my opinion Bitcoin is better than PayPal because PayPal have some circumstances/roadblocks
But in future Bitcoin's growth has a bright value in which there is no threat in transfer in money
bitcoin is really too much better than paypal because bitcoin paypal is not able to use in many countries and bitcoin is very much useful currency because we can bitcoin in everywhere for online shopping.
I agree with you . bitcoin can be used all over the place. and also the account registration process bitcoin is easy. while PayPal provides a more complex requirements. for some people in the world paypal can not be used in their country.

Yeah there are many restrictions when it comes to PayPal they don't cover some countries which people wants to use them.

I doubt it that PayPal will consider those people and good thing that there is a good alternative for them which is bitcoin.

I hate PayPal to require verification, it's very hassle for those people who doesn't have knowledge on their verification.

roadbits
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 02:55:07 PM

But you forgot one important thing that if you want to buy something online from the unknown person you must need to go through always escrow and it will add additional cost and delay purchases. So I always use Paypal to buy online with unknown person and use bitcoins only to trade with trusted people I know them.
bitbob82

Activity: 630

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 07:19:17 PM

although paypal is providing their service, but still their service is not available everywhere. bitcoin is still very new but its service is still available everywhere. bitcoin is a unversal currency and is becoming more and more popular as time pass and hope that it will provide more facilities to as in future.
FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 12:30:31 PM

Yes it is bitcoin better than paypal. Because paypal has many requirements asking to their clients before paypal give clients what they want. unlike bitcoin is not asking any valid requirements, it is because being anonymous of bitcoin that's why its best.
That is not a big problem for the paypal to collect the info of identity but the actual problem come in when you login and realize that paypal has locked your account because of that many people are tired from paypal and the current world is much busy and they want a more convenient way for payment.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 01:45:37 PM

I don't use paypal and i'm only using bitcoin and for me bitcoins reached my satisfaction because it is fast and it charge only smaller fees which is best for me because even though i send big amount of bitcoin or money it still charge small amount of money. Another thing why Bitcoin is better than paypal is you don't need some verification on creating an account and you don't need to submit personal informations just to start using it.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 02:24:59 PM

although paypal is providing their service, but still their service is not available everywhere. bitcoin is still very new but its service is still available everywhere. bitcoin is a unversal currency and is becoming more and more popular as time pass and hope that it will provide more facilities to as in future.

You have to look at PayPal from this point (the point of how average people use PayPal) -> What is PayPal being used for most of the times? Purchasing goods due to it's near global adoption. Why do they prefer PayPal beside its near global adoption? It's buyers protection. It's an incredibly powerful combination that will make sure PayPal keeps growing when it comes to the number of active users they have. Bitcoin will grow as well, but more in other aspects than just being a currency.
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 03:57:02 PM

Yeah you are exactly right bitcoin doesn't have any barriers in sending any amount of payment plus there is barely any fees while receiving or sending bitcoins but if you see in terms of being accepted as a payment method currently PayPal is better as it is widely accepted online while bitcoin still needs more awareness but I prefer using bitcoin as an investment platform only.
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1358
Merit: 622

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2017, 05:08:50 PM

Yeah you are exactly right bitcoin doesn't have any barriers in sending any amount of payment plus there is barely any fees while receiving or sending bitcoins but if you see in terms of being accepted as a payment method currently PayPal is better as it is widely accepted online while bitcoin still needs more awareness but I prefer using bitcoin as an investment platform only.
Bitcoin still not widely due to buyers protection they can not start a case or reverse the payment once the product or service is not right or something wrong with the service..
Bitcoin is good because of low payment fee for every transaction but the transaction still not instant..  so for me both of them are good to use because of advantage and disadvantage.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 08:30:28 PM

yeah paypal is not available in everywhere and other thing is that paypal is very older and paypal users is decreasing day by day and a huge number of people are joining and using bitcoin because bitcoin is modern currency and profitable than paypal. 
SFL

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 04:44:52 AM

Yes of course bitcoin is better than paypal...
kidoseagle0312

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 05:04:52 PM

Bitcoin is really better than Paypal especially in terms of Sending money international, like correct sample 1000$ via Paypal to relatives in Canada it will cost 5%-8% deduction from 1000$. And the worst is it will take 3 to 4 days before his/her relatives to withdraw from Paypal to canada's bank account. While in Bitcoin it will only cost 1.5% and in just an hours it will be completed the transaction.
salmanahmedone

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 06:53:00 PM

Yes, bitcoin is easy to use when you compare it with paypal but i am sure many people who are already using payplan and are satisfied with its services will not prefer bitcoin or anything, They wana stick with paypal.
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 09:26:46 PM

Bitcoin is really better than Paypal especially in terms of Sending money international, like correct sample 1000$ via Paypal to relatives in Canada it will cost 5%-8% deduction from 1000$. And the worst is it will take 3 to 4 days before his/her relatives to withdraw from Paypal to canada's bank account. While in Bitcoin it will only cost 1.5% and in just an hours it will be completed the transaction.
yes it is right to say that bitcoin is better than paypal but in fact in past paypal was also a good service provider, although their service was not present everywhere, as in Pakistan and in Afghanistan the do not have their service while the service of bitcoin is available everywhere and form all over the word people are using bitcoin.
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 07:44:39 PM

I don't use paypal and i'm only using bitcoin and for me bitcoins reached my satisfaction because it is fast and it charge only smaller fees which is best for me because even though i send big amount of bitcoin or money it still charge small amount of money. Another thing why Bitcoin is better than paypal is you don't need some verification on creating an account and you don't need to submit personal informations just to start using it.
yes i will also choose bitcoin. although paypal is such an old method of payment and most of the people where using so. but now through bitcoin you can send and receive in a very very easy way therefore now the trend of the people toward paypal is also changing and now they are giving prefernce to bitcoin instead of paypal.
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 »
  Print  

Jump to: