Poll
Question: When to hit $10,000?
Jan 2016 - 3 (1.3%)
Feb 2016 - 1 (0.4%)
Mar 2016 - 3 (1.3%)
April 2016 - 11 (4.8%)
Longer than this - 210 (92.1%)
Total Voters: 228

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When to hit $10,000?  (Read 28156 times)
shogdite

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

LIR Dev. www.letitride.io

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 09:03:40 PM

I agree with majority of the predictions here. It will be more than 5 years before the price of $10,000.

I hope the majority of people here are right but I just can't see it personally unless the 10k has been crazy inflated.  As long as it is still alive in 5 years I'd be happy enough. 0 chance of it in 2016 lol

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hellacopter

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 09:08:12 PM

I don't think that Bitcoin price will reach 10.000$ this year, even after the next coming halving. That's very high level and it's most likely that Bitcoin will reach it just in few months. But we dont exactly predict the future, so everything is possible
nejibens

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 09:13:46 PM

10.000$ is really high price, i don't know if Bitcoin will reach this price soon, but it's of course not simple.
luciann

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 09:18:52 PM

I agree with majority of the predictions here. It will be more than 5 years before the price of $10,000.

Hopefully by the time I hit my 30`s I can see this if I`m lucky.

But knowing time is never on someones side and we dont have enough of it, i`ll be happy to see $1k alone.

KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 05:49:55 AM

10.000$ is really high price, i don't know if Bitcoin will reach this price soon, but it's of course not simple.

$10000 is really high, but such a big rise can be expected only when users can mass adoption take place in accordance to the time period of existence.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Rutdam

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 03:02:08 PM

$10000 is really high, but such a big rise can be expected only when users can mass adoption take place in accordance to the time period of existence.

According to the effect of network on the price. If the number of user increase 10 folds, the price will increase 100 folds. So the mass adoption can increase the price a lot.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 04:37:19 PM

According to the effect of network on the price. If the number of user increase 10 folds, the price will increase 100 folds. So the mass adoption can increase the price a lot.

And what if all these users are faucet farmers only and looking for free ways to collect as many Bitcoins as they can?

I am quite sure that these people will not have any effect on the price as they only look for free coins.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 04:55:56 PM

And what if all these users are faucet farmers only and looking for free ways to collect as many Bitcoins as they can?

I am quite sure that these people will not have any effect on the price as they only look for free coins.

In that case I guess the network effect would be zero. But it seems like quite an implausible scenario. Is there anything to suggest that the demographics of new users has changed so dramatically?

This space intentionally left blank.
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 07:58:30 PM

10k is a figure that will  probably never happen. I just don't see it happening since the resistance is too big.
Even at just 500 dollar there are enough sell orders to keep the price there for years.
techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 09:13:52 PM

In that case I guess the network effect would be zero. But it seems like quite an implausible scenario. Is there anything to suggest that the demographics of new users has changed so dramatically?

That scenario of faucet farms to start with wont even happen.

Who would have the right mind to just continue to waste their time on a faucet? unless youre botting thats a different story.

uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 10:35:45 PM

10k is a figure that will  probably never happen. I just don't see it happening since the resistance is too big.
Even at just 500 dollar there are enough sell orders to keep the price there for years.
Agree. Talking about $10k price now is like talking about colonization of planets beyond the solar system. It is an interesting topic, but for sci-fi section.

this space is intentionally left blank
jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 11:16:55 PM

Agree. Talking about $10k price now is like talking about colonization of planets beyond the solar system. It is an interesting topic, but for sci-fi section.

LOL.
But that is the way it is. The price should slowly evolve to around 500 and then test 550 etc.
With the current sentiment i guess the price is good where it is.

Alas, finally some stability. Many people, me included has waited for this.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 12:07:57 AM

That scenario of faucet farms to start with wont even happen.

Who would have the right mind to just continue to waste their time on a faucet? unless youre botting thats a different story.

Just look at how much traffic some popular faucets are generating every day. People that burn through faucets can earn around 0.0025BTC per day if they have enough free time. People from India and other countries where a large portion of the people don't have much income will welcome these faucets with open arms.
SocialBunnerGuy

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 01:00:51 AM

It would definitely take a ton of years before we can hit that number. The first thing we have to do is actually spread the information of Bitcoin. Let people actually know about it. It's like trying to just to grade 9 before dealing with grade 7 and 8. One step at a time. There's no need to rush.
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1175

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 05:20:28 AM

It would definitely take a ton of years before we can hit that number. The first thing we have to do is actually spread the information of Bitcoin. Let people actually know about it. It's like trying to just to grade 9 before dealing with grade 7 and 8. One step at a time. There's no need to rush.

Yeah, it will be years from now before it could reach $10,000 or might be the unexpected drop..But for sure, if bitcoin is adopted by many, the price won't drop that easy even if don't reach a very high price..
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 08:47:28 AM

Yeah, it will be years from now before it could reach $10,000 or might be the unexpected drop..But for sure, if bitcoin is adopted by many, the price won't drop that easy even if don't reach a very high price..
Yes, if we get the mass adoption , we may finally reach that price in a very, very distant future. There are however very many 'ifs' on the way. The first one being, for example, with too many pumps and dumps of Bitcoin (at the verge of halving that is no.1 topic in here) the broader public may not be interested in switching into Bitcoin, in order not to carry the risk of losing their money.

this space is intentionally left blank
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 04:46:54 PM

Will never happen, but it has its potential to give such a big price. Bitcoin might reach $10000 only after having a long history equal to our national currencies or long ago existed currencies.
Zaun

Activity: 770

Forza Roma

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 06:04:49 PM

Will never happen, but it has its potential to give such a big price. Bitcoin might reach $10000 only after having a long history equal to our national currencies or long ago existed currencies.

I do not think it will ever happen, and I mean never its just unrealistic and not possible at all in my opinion, the bitcoin is now too small and even if its big it will not reach this amount.
I think the bitcoin can max go to the 5k in its life time honestly.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 6134

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 06:44:44 PM

If Bitcoin manages to fix the following problems:

• scalability
  • energy consumption (which leads to high real transaction costs)
  • usability for non-technical minded people

then 10.000 are a possibility in the next 5 years. But in other cases I think the long-term value of BTC is only slightly above the actual price. I predict $500-1000 as the maximum for the second half of 2016, so the poll is very far away from reality (as we are already seeing) Wink.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 07:02:05 PM

If Bitcoin manages to fix the following problems:

• scalability
  • energy consumption (which leads to high real transaction costs)
  • usability for non-technical minded people

then 10.000 are a possibility in the next 5 years. But in other cases I think the long-term value of BTC is only slightly above the actual price. I predict $500-1000 as the maximum for the second half of 2016, so the poll is very far away from reality (as we are already seeing) Wink.

Even the best case scenario can't make the price reach $10,000 levels in 5 years (if ever). Where are the billions of dollars that we need to support a much higher price? Without this money not much will happen, and it allows semi whales to dump down the price easily.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: