Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:32:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 140 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin can not replace fiat  (Read 163768 times)
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 04:10:45 PM

Yes bitcoin can not replace fiat cause bitcoin can only used in online transactions and for investment but fiat is very useful it can be use for daily living.

Yes and the fact is we cannot use bitcoin physically at a moment and that is the reason fiat will always be in demand and even in future there will be many people who will prefer to use fiat.

As of today fiat are still important as the people doesn't even know what is in the trend of technology. But once the government is going to implement the use of bitcoin.
For sure bitcoin will replace the use of fiat.

Do you really believe that Government will standby bitcoin ever in future? I don't think that is ever possible as fiat holds maximum users and they find it using very easy and convenient.

A day wil come that governments will also start to support bitcoin and will implement its use in their countries,but still fiat will renmain where it is, as more people feel convenient to use their local currency for their local markets etc.

Governments will accept crypto but will they accept bitcoin? It will be a hard race between the may cryptocoins especially if banks will developer their own crpytocoin.

CroSany

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 04:14:11 PM

Can somebody teach me what is fiat?
Is fiat also cryptocurrency?
Many times somebody in this forum is talking about fiat and I every time look wtf what is that?
I always think that they think about fiat car but I now see that they dont.
23dzmaz

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 04:15:32 PM

If bitcoin have a paper money and credit card for bitcoin, i think bitcoin can replace fiat. But the problem is bitcoin don't have it and bitcoin only for online.
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 04:21:05 PM

Can somebody teach me what is fiat?
Is fiat also cryptocurrency?
Many times somebody in this forum is talking about fiat and I every time look wtf what is that?
I always think that they think about fiat car but I now see that they dont.

Pretending to assume you are serious: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_money

Google is your friend.

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 04:34:17 PM

If bitcoin have a paper money and credit card for bitcoin, i think bitcoin can replace fiat. But the problem is bitcoin don't have it and bitcoin only for online.

there already is bitcoin related paper money in the form of paper wallets. that's the only form of paper money that you can get with bitcoin. an internet connection is required in order to spend/send these coins. also, there already is a bitcoin related credit card. it doesn't change anything as fiat will never get replaced by bitcoin. people just have to accept that.
Hellacopter

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 06:11:29 PM

there already is bitcoin related paper money in the form of paper wallets. that's the only form of paper money that you can get with bitcoin. an internet connection is required in order to spend/send these coins. also, there already is a bitcoin related credit card. it doesn't change anything as fiat will never get replaced by bitcoin. people just have to accept that.

The existence of the paper wallet, and the bitcoins related credit card, in addition of the real coins funded with Bitcoin, doesn't mean that Bitcoin can replace fiat in anyway as you noticed. Because Bitcoin need till now to be exchanged with fiat
Bestwishes745

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 06:18:23 PM

Yes bitcoin can not replace fiat cause bitcoin can only used in online transactions and for investment but fiat is very useful it can be use for daily living.

Yes and the fact is we cannot use bitcoin physically at a moment and that is the reason fiat will always be in demand and even in future there will be many people who will prefer to use fiat.

As of today fiat are still important as the people doesn't even know what is in the trend of technology. But once the government is going to implement the use of bitcoin.

Do you really believe that Government will standby bitcoin ever in future? I don't think that is ever possible as fiat holds maximum users and they find it using very easy and convenient.

I think it is hard for the governments to support bitcoin as currently no one knows that who is the sender and receiver of a transaction,  and the governments accept only those transactions which are obvious to the government.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 06:34:28 PM

I think it is hard for the governments to support bitcoin as currently no one knows that who is the sender and receiver of a transaction,  and the governments accept only those transactions which are obvious to the government.
Well if they have a large data base with register person with his address they can found that the user who use bitcoin they can know it easily if this person is in their country..  government  can not attract to bitcoin but we know government is corruption so if bitcoin will involve in government expect for  tax fee.

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 06:46:29 PM

1st  - Goverment won't ever give you power of money creation this is one of most powerfull force in economy universe.
You can drop nations, devaulate your curency to improve export, you can print and pay debt like USA have with QE1 QE2 QE3.
Now in EU ECB buys det of eu big compianies... Do you really think that they will that powet to BTC?
Answer is NEVER. Goverments LOVE power and control.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 07:45:27 PM

1st  - Goverment won't ever give you power of money creation this is one of most powerfull force in economy universe.
You can drop nations, devaulate your curency to improve export, you can print and pay debt like USA have with QE1 QE2 QE3.
Now in EU ECB buys det of eu big compianies... Do you really think that they will that powet to BTC?
Answer is NEVER. Goverments LOVE power and control.

Thank you, +1.

Bitcoin is still only cool because, ultimately it will be converted back to fiat for most goods and services, which is taxable. Wait until vendors/manufacturers start accepting bitcoin not pegged to a currency, the permissive attitude the govs have had towards btc will start to degrade.
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 01:27:51 AM

While it is true that one of the most important motivations to develop this alternate currency was to beat the fiat hegemony, actually it seems a very far and almost unrealistic possibility.

I really hope that the future economic relations depend on more humanistic options instead of these current speculative and market dependent currencies, included bitcoin.
Maslate

Activity: 3010
Merit: 687

Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 07:43:36 AM

Well IMO bitcoin can replace fiat in the future. It is possible if there would be a major crisis that will happen on fiat I think and then everyone will switch to bitcoin. Well it seems impossible but I think there's a possibility that it will happen.
No major crisis will happen because if it will take bitcoins will also affected, it is just good to see two currency working together and there is not need to replace one currency to have a better world.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 09:47:48 PM

Well IMO bitcoin can replace fiat in the future. It is possible if there would be a major crisis that will happen on fiat I think and then everyone will switch to bitcoin. Well it seems impossible but I think there's a possibility that it will happen.
No major crisis will happen because if it will take bitcoins will also affected, it is just good to see two currency working together and there is not need to replace one currency to have a better world.

The replacement of fiat with bitcoin wont happen, just compare the volume of dollars at forex or any other currencie and will see that bitcoin its just a portion from the total, very tiny. The future should be coming over the next 50 years printed money will became digital as bitcoin nowadays soo its a great combination have both.
funbarrel

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 10:45:14 PM

actually i think that bitcoins will replace fiat in like a few decades hopefully because in my opinion bitcoin is stronger than fiat

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Hatuferu
Legendary

Activity: 1092

https://trueflip.io/

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 01:43:40 AM

The replacement of fiat with bitcoin wont happen, just compare the volume of dollars at forex or any other currencie and will see that bitcoin its just a portion from the total, very tiny. The future should be coming over the next 50 years printed money will became digital as bitcoin nowadays soo its a great combination have both.
You are completely right, we are just dreaming if we are thinking that way because it is so unrealistic and I just love that to happen but it just can't take place, it would be my interest as I have been saving in the future.

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
Enotche

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 07:15:56 AM

Do not expect that bitcoin will replace fiat, as it is only the first stage of the emergence of full-fledged and independent online money, independent of national governments and regulatory authorities. Moreover, the emergence of cryptocurrency can cause the gradual evolution of the national currency, under the influence of intense competition the use of "conventional money" may be much more convenient, as the central banks have to give up a number of limitations.
fkvidar

Activity: 924

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 07:19:14 AM

You are completely right, we are just dreaming if we are thinking that way because it is so unrealistic and I just love that to happen but it just can't take place, it would be my interest as I have been saving in the future.

Both are different currencies and cannot replace each other, and if have opportunity to use both them then why to choose single one, use it according to your convenience.
chineseprancing

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 07:50:48 AM

Both are different currencies and cannot replace each other, and if have opportunity to use both them then why to choose single one, use it according to your convenience.
Bitcoin can not replace the traditional currency of each country i think bitcoin will remain as cryptocurrency which is good to us because we can use it and spend it without tax imposed.
akosimakulit

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 07:53:10 AM

No even if all people using bitcoin they cant replace fiat. What if all people using bitcoin and we don't have fiat what are we using? Bitcoin?. If Bitcoin is our fiat How we can transfer the bitcoin if we don't have internet? We don't have electricity?. Bitcoin cant replace fiat even if bitcoin is famous or even if all people in the world are using bitcoin.
Corenin
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 07:58:35 AM

Bitcoin can not replace the traditional currency of each country i think bitcoin will remain as cryptocurrency which is good to us because we can use it and spend it without tax imposed.

Yes its not possible for bitcoin to replace any paper currency, as the market cap of fiat is too huge and comparatively bitcoin is too small, and Government will never permit bitcoin to get on the mainstream.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 140 »
  Print  

Jump to: