Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:14:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Master-P SCAMMER. I lost complete faith in this forum now.  (Read 80672 times)
notaek
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 05:59:48 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2015, 06:28:37 PM by notaek

I can't log in to my account so clearly the password has been changed at some point while I was gone.

Just wow. This community is so bent on throwing me under the bus without giving it a chance at getting it fixed. If nobody is willing to help then consider your coins lost because I don't know any other way to help fix this.

The only thing I can do is go back home in about a week, boot up my PC, and hopefully be able to change the passwords on my wallets before the hacker is able to export or send the coins out.

If anyone has any better ideas then please let me know. If not then I guess I am on my own and will have to wish for the best.

And even in such a dire situation, still so many sig spammers trying to bump up their post count in here.. It's a fucking shame.

This 360 seconds posting restriction sucks. I'll come back tomorrow morning, going to sleep now.

For God's sake, do not sleep in this situation. How can you think of sleeping peacefully?! Angry If you are the real master-p, I'll advice you to:

• Create a list of every members, you had escrowed the funds and immediately contact them either via pm or ask them in a new thread (recommended, for transparency) for getting their refund addresses. (I would like to prefer any responsible one involved here, to create a new thread with the list and a link to your proof that you have used master-p as the escrow provider and have already sent the funds The listing is done here. Thanks knightdk)

• Start refunding them (alongwith a signed message from each of the addresses you are using for initiating the refund) immediately after converting your Fiat to BTC, wherever you are residing at present. (You can ask here for the monetary conversion obviously using any escrow among  the aforementioned "The Big 5" list)

• Download a new wallet on your mobile/laptop for the purpose. (I don't think your laptop is compromised the same way your PC did)

• You may not refund everyone but at least start from small contracts you escrowed.

• In the meantime, don't try to turn on your PC remotely (until all refunds are processed from a new wallet), as this might worsen the situation further.

• After you have refunded everyone (I think you'll come back home by the time you have initiated the last refund), then you may try to turn on your PC (make sure your internet connection is turned off) and backup your wallet.dat file from your wallet. (you can only skip this step if you already have a backup on a pendrive which isn't inserted after your PC got compromised)

• Lastly, download the wallet anew on your laptop or reset your PC (not recommended) and after re-indexing the Blockchain, restore your wallet.dat file.

Well, you are solely responsible for everything happened so far and now you will have to clear the inevitable mess. Why are you to blaming us loudly for not believing in you after so much happened?

(I guess you came back after reading my email Wink )

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6587

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 06:01:59 PM

Create a list of every members, you had escrowed the funds and immediately contact them either via pm or ask them in a new thread (recommended, for transparency) for getting their refund addresses. (I would like to prefer any responsible one involved here, to create a new thread with the list and a link to your proof that you have used master-p as the escrow provider and have already sent the funds)
Someone already did that for him: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1307926.0

grtthegreat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 06:05:44 PM

----- SNIP -----

You sent him an email? Wasn't that probably hacked/sold as a bundled kit with the account?
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 06:13:03 PM

If the account is confirmed sold... Well, then this would be the worst escrow scandal we've seen so far around here.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1306301.msg13378692

That's not definitive proof the account was sold, as was already discussed in this thread.

----- SNIP -----

You sent him an email? Wasn't that probably hacked/sold as a bundled kit with the account?

If the account+email was hacked/sold it makes sense trying the email route, because the email is in the possession of the person who probably has the escrowed funds, and that's what everyone is after. Might as well forget the "real" master-P in this scenario, because he won't be able to do anything for anyone; he may be dealt with later, the important thing now is getting funds back to people.
notaek
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 06:17:28 PM

----- SNIP -----

I don't think so afterall. Wink

Sorry guys, I wish I could do more but I don't even come on here anymore nowadays. Some people here still have me on steam. I did some deals where the new owner of the account forwarded to me simply to keep the persona without it having it figured out by the community that the account was sold.

-snip-

Sure, I suppose people here can blame me, believe me or not believe me, at this point I can't do much. I knew showing up here would probably only make things worse for myself but I can't really care too much right now. Think and believe what you will. My apologies again everyone, I won't be back.

Then why did he bother to reply here again? Somewhere he also posted that he doesn't care about being DOX-ed.... all are lies my friend Roll Eyes

BTW, somebody should try PMing him on Steam. Maybe that would be helpful, since he already claimed, Steam accounts can't be hacked!

HITTI2

Activity: 563
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 08:24:47 PM

Very interesting. Makes me wanna pull my FS thread and avoid bitcointalk.org .

Wonder how deep this goes.

Win7x64 Pro, Acer XB240H, Corsair Obsidian 750D Black,DEMCifilter Corsair Obsidian 750D Dust Filter Kit,Delidded i7-3770K OC'd@4.5GHz, F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM, MSI GeForce GTX 960 2GD5, ASUS Xonar D1, Vantec UGT-ST644R, ASRock Z75 Pro3, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU, EK-KIT L240, 2 x NF-A14-FLX Fans, 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 128GB RAID 0 32KB strip, WD Re WD1003FBYZ 1TB,2TB HGST/Hitachi (HUA723020ALA641),2 x HGST A7K3000 HUA723030ALA640 3 TB, Vertex II 60GB,Samsung SH-S223L.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 08:28:21 PM

Then why did he bother to reply here again? Somewhere he also posted that he doesn't care about being DOX-ed.... all are lies my friend Roll Eyes

BTW, somebody should try PMing him on Steam. Maybe that would be helpful, since he already claimed, Steam accounts can't be hacked!
i was the one who originally messaged him about the issue, and he has removed me since this blew up. i also recall EAL (the mod) was on his friends list too under the steam ign EAL F. Skillz (profile home page, saw it by chance), but i dont see him on there anymore either. pretty likely he (master-p) has already purged his steam to completely cut off ties from the forum.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 08:39:46 PM

i was the one who originally messaged him about the issue, and he has removed me since this blew up. i also recall EAL (the mod) was on his friends list too under the steam ign EAL F. Skillz (profile home page, saw it by chance), but i dont see him on there anymore either. pretty likely he (master-p) has already purged his steam to completely cut off ties from the forum.

If master-P has been hacked and the original owner of master-P is in control of his steam account, then cutting communication is irrelevant as he doesn't have any of the escrowed funds and supposedly some forum members have the original owners' personal information.
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 08:46:36 PM

Its wierd that he apparently created a new account with a signed message saying he'd sold his master-p bitcointalk account and associated accounts for 2BTC back in August. He also went on to say he's sorry but cant help and wont be coming back.

Then another couple of accounts were created again saying they were him but that his accounts have been hacked and not sold and he'll do his best to repay the money (which now stands at over 25BTC I believe).

The funds are still in the addresses they were sent to.

So my thoughts are that either this was an exit scam attempt from master-p but he's got cold feet after being threatened with a dox or that his accounts have really been hacked but they cant get access to his private keys to steal the coins.

Whats worrying is that one of the latter accounts created when he said he'd only just found out about this is that he said he was 'going to get some sleep'. Surely anyone with his high standing in the community and wanting to try and keep some dignity and respect would have got a couple of matchsticks if they were tired and stuck them between their eyelids and worked tirelessly to prove they had in fact been hacked and tried to clear their name.

The worrying thing is there seems to be no attempt from master-p to prove his innocence

But after all is said this still doesn't add up, is it an attempted master-p exit scam or has he been hacked?

I'm afraid to say my money is still on an exit scam but I hope to be proved wrong.
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 08:51:05 PM

Buncha fuckboys in crypto lately. Ruining it for the Bitcoin community. Such a shame.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 08:57:45 PM

That proves absolutely nothing. Everything was transferred in the sale, meaning that the escrow could have been completed seamlessly.

That's a point i can't believe again. Who in their right mind would sell a forum account including wallet that maybe contains 10 bitcoins for 1 or 2 bitcoins? It's pathetic to believe that this could have happened. So stupid can nobody be. Especially not an escrow who is trained to sniff out potential scams.

No, beyond possible.

What training? I remember thinking back when he started escrowing people were putting a lot of trust in him very quickly, and it was concerning to me. I think this was partially a result of the difficulties surrounding other leading providers at the time, then after he did a few transactions he started farming trust ratings and then appeared to be very trusted by gaming the trust system (who knew that was possible amiright?). After that he was free to run his long cons. This is what you get when you have a trust system based on politics and associations rather than the actual number of successful trades, amounts, period of service, etc. We all know which ostrich with their head in the sand we have to thank for that.

People are getting far too lax and demand everything be easy, and they want someone to promise them everything will be ok and to tuck them in. These things happen and instantly people demand more centralization and some overseer to fix the problem, but you are too blinded by your own compulsion for security to see that centralization is exactly what put you at risk in the first place. Take responsibility for your own trades and researching your trading partners. Build your own REAL trust lists, not based on +1's and -1's but on your knowledge of your trading partner and building your own real networks of trust, not just username profiles.

Well, you know i don't think the trust system is perfect, i only think that a trust system built only on the work of their members will lead to more scams than now because users will safe the work to create their trust list way too often.

With training i meant more that escrows have to be very cautious. If it isn't for their clients it is for themselves since it might very well be possible to scam an escrow directly. For fear of reputation loss or similar things. Because of that you need to find out the possible risks. And since he was an escrow for a longer time he NEEDS to know what would happen. In my eyes it's not possible that he did not know.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
notaek
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 09:04:13 PM

Do you have any screenshots of your claims? Probably it would be best if you had showed them here. This might instigate him to think deeply about the situation.

_______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________

BTW, have anyone bothered to verify his signed messages from his Keybase account? He din't even know how to sign a message, instead he just encrypted them! I was trying to verify all his signed messages and got the same error as follows:

Error: you cannot process a message that was encrypted for someone else.

This is how a signed messaging via PGP key is done:

Code:

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

This is an example of how a signed message from PGP key should look like.
P.S. This message is signed by  notaek from bitcointalk.org on December 29, 2015 at 08:48:21 PM Forum Time.

You can verify this message and all other PGP signed messages here => https://keybase.io/verify
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: Keybase OpenPGP v2.0.49
Comment: https://keybase.io/crypto

wsBcBAABCgAGBQJWgvHLAAoJEBI9bCdjrvBErdkH/38QQDk7YXZeZrSfLwCz5gZM
4nQUd8A7IiLQUSba9GZCgjq24hRIbLr7n+uRfWg7OS3ZWlG00cseTj5vtN001+DO
zFZYSXWM69Ot5nXHFf8WVaQ1Z+GKVZ5Fzw+Hcyy5YteBmjC4sASxO48yoCwMdqS/
PVVwxPm/LsOeV9Zop+o01ktyF9261fJpe5I63UooUHy0hpzA//d7k+qiNc1kEogy
SVNlK0j4IE0Nu+/72ujH4uQiIWVmOcSArLN/QhxRG8ZknzsbxFfs/dtn6W4yhrwS
Ib9L7fA4DuEa2Mka9fI02FzLrBQeXqo0WnDfxT73Qw6SJVB7jgdoQyXqhcEL7Uo=
=b2iZ
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

And for everyone's kind information, this error is also found in his signed message that was done first on January 29, 2015, 03:34:40 PM . So you all can conclude the rest! Roll Eyes

Anyways, since that was his first signed message, can anyone freely reveal here, who sent him an invite for registering on www.keybase.io? (I guess they weren't just accepting random users as of today).

Moreover, by looking through his past post history, he was an "altcoin buff" and was 95% active on the altcoin sections until he slowly abandoned the altcoin section and started his escrow service from Jan. I felt to revel this information in case someone can link any conclusion as to when actually the account was sold! Or it might be a hoax overall.

That's all for today. I wonder, what's Gleb Gamow doing at the moment. Tongue

GSpgh

Activity: 532
Merit: 302

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 09:07:01 PM

I'm afraid to say my money is still on an exit scam but I hope to be proved wrong.

yeah your odds are good here I think

how many of these suspected exit scams have ever turned good? can't remember any although I haven't been on here that much...
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 09:09:13 PM

That proves absolutely nothing. Everything was transferred in the sale, meaning that the escrow could have been completed seamlessly.

That's a point i can't believe again. Who in their right mind would sell a forum account including wallet that maybe contains 10 bitcoins for 1 or 2 bitcoins? It's pathetic to believe that this could have happened. So stupid can nobody be. Especially not an escrow who is trained to sniff out potential scams.

No, beyond possible.

How can you not believe that people are that stupid? People overpay for coins on purse.io and others think that the super big discounts are legitimate. People buy miners for an amount of money that could buy more btc on the market than the miners could ever hope to mine before becoming obsolete. People think they can outsmart everyone in the entire section of the forum dedicated to ponzi schemes. There is a 92 page thread in the gambling section debating the merits of something that you learn doesn't work in the first day of statistics class. there are people who think that moving a miner across a warehouse and changing the address that the coins go to counts as shipping a product.

You can find someone stupider than someone who thinks they aren't a scammer or are somehow legitimate by selling those escrow coins to someone else to steal instead of stealing them himself on the 1st page of every subsection of this forum.

The errors you describe are mostly done by newbies. They never heard of rising difficulty, only that there are magic money machines that print money. And so on. But master-p was an escrow for a long time. He wouldn't have survived when he would be so stupid that he could be easily scammed. He would have learned to identify the possible risks. Because of that i can't imagine that he sold the account without knowing very well what will happen.

In fact i doubt he sold at all. I tend to believe the recent problems with "reindexing" the blockchain on his wallet might be in fact a loss of his wallet and he had no backup. No the easiest way out might have been this story. Roll Eyes

Well this is completely an idea to make sense out of this only. He scammed regardless of how you look at it.

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6587

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 09:10:16 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2015, 09:29:16 PM by knightdk

BTW, have anyone bothered to verify his signed messages from his Keybase account? He din't even know how to sign a message, instead he just encrypted them! I was trying to verify all his signed messages and got the same error as follows:

Code:

P.S. This message is signed by  notaek from bitcointalk.org on December 29, 2015 at 08:48:21 PM Forum Time.

You can verify this message and all other PGP signed messages here => https://keybase.io/verify

=b2iZ

And for everyone's kind information, this error is also found in his signed message that was done first on January 29, 2015, 03:34:40 PM . So you all can conclude the rest! Roll Eyes
I have verified his signed messages before, and they always came out correctly. But now they aren't.

BTW, this is not encrypting messages. It is signed. If the message was encrypted, it wouldn't have anything like PGP signature. It would be just a block of random characters. I think that is just Keybase giving a bad error message.

Edit: I think he changed his PGP key in Keybase. I verified the message on my computer and it was signed by a key with the id 0x138D7CA49E301A44. However the id of the one on Keybase is 0xDF139C3C23784CED.
Edit2: This is interesting, the email of the PGP key now on Keybase is zinoxenxe.reddit@gmail.com.

subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 09:13:00 PM

Do you have any screenshots of your claims? Probably it would be best if you had showed them here. This might instigate him to think deeply about the situation.
ive already stated multiple times im not posting them publicly, theres no need for everyone to see this, just the right people. ive sent it to escrow.ms, shorena, mitchell (bitcoininformation), and quickseller. i dont care what anyone says about QS, fact remains hes absolutely great at detective work, and hes found numerous bits of info that points to an exit scam rather than an account sale and the new owner scamming. the only other non DT member id probably show this to is TECSHARE, as he currently claims to hold master-p's dox, and i would like him to be fully aware that this is an exit scam rather than a sold account before he decides to release the dox should it come to that.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
papadrams

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 09:14:11 PM

_______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________

Code:

=b2iZ

Anyways, since that was his first signed message, can anyone freely reveal here, who sent him an invite for registering on www.keybase.io? (I guess they weren't just accepting random users as of today).

Moreover, by looking through his past post history, he was an "altcoin buff" and was 95% active on the altcoin sections until he slowly abandoned the altcoin section and started his escrow service from Jan. I felt to revel this information in case someone can link any conclusion as to when actually the account was sold! Or it might be a hoax overall.

That's all for today. I wonder, what's Gleb Gamow doing at the moment. Tongue

I am getting a little bit out of topic here, but i just wonder because i have seen it in 3 posts till now..
What can Gleb do?? Is he a hacker or something?
notaek
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 09:14:23 PM

I have verified his signed messages before, and they always came out correctly. But now they aren't.

BTW, this is not encrypting messages. It is signed. If the message was encrypted, it wouldn't have anything like PGP signature. It would be just a block of random characters. I think that is just Keybase giving a bad error message.

Well, I might be wrong here then. I was also wondering the same when I started signing one of his messages. Well, I might contact chris tomorrow related to this issue.

_______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________

I am getting a little bit out of topic here, but i just wonder because i have seen it in 3 posts till now..
What can Gleb do?? Is he a hacker or something?

Well, if you are asking this, then you actually don't know him newbie. Wink

_______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________

ive already stated multiple times im not posting them publicly, theres no need for everyone to see this, just the right people. ive sent it to escrow.ms, shorena, mitchell (bitcoininformation), and quickseller.

Oh well. Better then. Smiley

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 09:15:25 PM

---snip---

I don't see why people are believing that legal issue is going to help in any way. Account sales are allowed on the forum (they are discouraged) and if he proves it no one can do shit.This can also happen with newbie account's cause people are just trusting and no contracts are being signed and nothing legal is being done cause it again involves taxes and legal issues in order to promote the company or the signature here.

Many newbie scam's take place does it becomes a legal issue ? NO ,it's your trust which people abused.

This is global issue and none rules are applied.If a guy (like P) is managing multiple escrows and signaturing as well then he can easily make more than 6+ coins a month and 70+ coins a year but is he paying any taxes for that ? NO.There is nothing legal in the whole issue and there is no other way to get the funds back other than going to his home and kicking his ass.

Even when he really can proove he sold the account, which will be hard to prove legally when he even can't show the real details of the buyer, then he allowed others to impersonate him. I think at least on civil rights he could be made liable and he would have to pay for damages.

Though i'm no lawyer of course. And it might depend on his country.

peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 09:18:05 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2015, 09:34:52 PM by peonminer

Fake account sale/hack> Mine some customers for a while> Exit with impunity> Pr0fit? Huh
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: