Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:16:03 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gun free zone  (Read 21889 times)
gyverlb

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 07:17:57 PM

45 seconds is a hell of a lot better response time than the 5, 15, or even 45 minutes it takes the cops to get there.
Way to ignore arguments and change the subject. I've wasted enough time with you, welcome to my ignore list.

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2012, 07:21:34 PM

45 seconds is a hell of a lot better response time than the 5, 15, or even 45 minutes it takes the cops to get there.
Way to ignore arguments and change the subject. I've wasted enough time with you, welcome to my ignore list.

An honor, I'm sure.

I was responding specifically to this:
I don't know about you but 45 seconds to think about reaching for a gun doesn't seem anything like an appropriate response to a rampage shooting.

If anyone has a better response to my argument than "NO U!" I'm willing to entertain it.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
deadweasel

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 07:25:16 PM

This is not a gun problem, it's a mental health issue.  If he can't get a gun he'll put epoxy in the locks and mix bleach and 409 in a bucket.

This is the wrong argument.  We should focus on recognizing these people when they're young and getting them into the (admittedly barely existent and over-priced for poor people) programs that can help them.  

This has been the issue since Reagan closed the state run mental health facilities in the 80's.  

FirstAscent

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 07:29:54 PM

This is not a gun problem, it's a mental health issue.  If he can't get a gun he'll put epoxy in the locks and mix bleach and 409 in a bucket.

This is the wrong argument.  We should focus on recognizing these people when they're young and getting them into the (admittedly barely existent and over-priced for poor people) programs that can help them.  

This has been the issue since Reagan closed the state run mental health facilities in the 80's.  

I certainly don't disagree that we can do better. Blame the libertarians and Republicans. But guns are also the problem.

Next time, don't conflate your (admittedly good) interest in better government funded programs to help people with some sort of agenda you have for an ever escalating quantity of guns.
FirstAscent

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 07:31:07 PM

An honor, I'm sure.

I was responding specifically to this:
I don't know about you but 45 seconds to think about reaching for a gun doesn't seem anything like an appropriate response to a rampage shooting.

If anyone has a better response to my argument than "NO U!" I'm willing to entertain it.

Do you have any response to the last question I posed to you?
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2012, 07:38:02 PM

The best part of having you on ignore, FirstAscent, is if I don't feel like reading your posts, I don't have to.

Reckless and drunk driving kill more people than getting shot every year.

Nobody blames the cars. It's the people behind the wheels. And I know you're going to trot out the bullshit argument that guns don't have a purpose other than killing. Yes they do. Recreation, hunting, competitive shooting, and most importantly, self defense.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
FirstAscent

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 07:42:54 PM

The best part of having you on ignore, FirstAscent, is if I don't feel like reading your posts, I don't have to.

Same here. I just don't go on about it.

Nobody blames the cars. It's the people behind the wheels. And I know you're going to trot out the bullshit argument that guns don't have a purpose other than killing. Yes they do. Recreation, hunting, competitive shooting, and most importantly, self defense.

You have not addressed the question I asked you. We're not discussing drunks.
deadweasel

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 07:48:43 PM

My agenda is to help people before they believe they need to commit mass-murder.

Good bye, waste of time Re: Gun Free zone.  Two posts is all I needed to have my fill.

cunicula
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 08:12:16 PM

+1
I'm willing to admit this is equally important. More important considering other issues as well.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2012, 08:30:08 PM

So, mr. obama, how the hell do you think stricter guns laws are gonna work?

Yeah, he broke something like 40 laws (if you count each instance). The answer: MOAR LAWZ!

That's like saying: "This man was going over the speed limit, and driving drunk, and caused an accident. Clearly, we need lower speed limits."

Axios
Donator

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

Axios Foundation

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2012, 02:35:54 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2012, 02:47:27 AM by Mendacium

Again one of the most retarded arguments...... How many states have drivers without a license?

Wait for it...

So WTF myrkul I owned you so many times already silly boy.

Now according to you let's force an insurance policy for each gun.. Woooaha....

Get lost.

Monster Tent

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 02:43:14 AM

If you have a gun free zone the police shouldnt have guns either.

Axios
Donator

Activity: 131

Axios Foundation

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2012, 02:45:35 AM

If you read the CT's law (not that I expect you), it isn't a gun free zone. Anyone with a proper license and the approval of the school could have a weapon on the school's ground.

Wow.... It's amazing.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2012, 03:16:43 AM

Now according to you let's force an insurance policy for each gun.. Woooaha....

No, I'm actually against licensing drivers, as well. Anarchist, remember? Forcible auto insurance is one of the more annoying government policies.

And running around in a circle with your dick in your hand yelling "I owned you!" doesn't make it so.

Grow up.

Monster Tent

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 03:17:22 AM

If you read the CT's law (not that I expect you), it isn't a gun free zone. Anyone with a proper license and the approval of the school could have a weapon on the school's ground.

Wow.... It's amazing.

I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of having a gun free zone and having armed police walking around  Smiley

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2012, 03:33:22 AM

Wow.... It's amazing.

Connecticut denies those licenses on a nearly 100% basis, and if they didn't, schools would deny approval on a nearly 100% basis (allowing only active and possibly honorably-retired cops) and claim sane, law-abiding adults background checked, psychologically evaluated, and trained up the wazoo, are too much of a liability. This is the case wherever gun control reigns supreme. If you support "gun control", it's time to stop rejecting reality and substituting your own.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Monster Tent

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 03:40:07 AM

I think they should do a study on how many mass shootings happen in gun control areas as opposed to places where people can freely carry guns around. For example I dont know of any mass shootings in New Hampshire.

fornit

Activity: 991
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 03:48:05 AM

For example I dont know of any mass shootings in New Hampshire.

dont you need a mass for mass shootings?  Wink
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2012, 03:53:53 AM

I think they should do a study on how many mass shootings happen in gun control areas as opposed to places where people can freely carry guns around. For example I dont know of any mass shootings in New Hampshire.

Aurora, CO allows open carry. Cinemark prohibits firearms in their theaters. Consequently:
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/opinion/54618459-82/aurora-gun-shooting-church.html.csp
http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/20/us/colorado-theater-shooting/index.html

Doesn't get clearer than that, folks.

FirstAscent

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 04:46:36 AM

You mean like in Japan where gun control is effectively enforced uniformly?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: