Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:11:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 »
  Print  
Author Topic: btt  (Read 407295 times)
creativex (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 03:39:39 PM

Hi demzie. I'd actually forgotten about your domain name squatting efforts. Smiley I'm sure we can work something out, I'll send you a PM.

Cheers.

"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
demzie

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 03:41:30 PM

Smiley
EatonABooger

Activity: 151
Merit: 36

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 05:37:09 PM

Hi demzie. I'd actually forgotten about your domain name squatting efforts. Smiley I'm sure we can work something out, I'll send you a PM.

Cheers.

"your domain name squatting efforts"
ha ha!!
sometimes words just hit me right.  you made my day.  good stuff.

good work with running the business Creativex.
Also, very nice group of posters on this forum topic - kudos to all you guys getting along and sharing positive thoughts and useful suggestions.

“Look at those poor saps back on land with their laws and ethics! They’ll never know the simple joys of a monkey knife fight.”
H.J.Simpson
creativex (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:32:56 PM

Hi...umm...EatonABooger. Always happy to entertain!

ShroomsKit

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 03:02:31 AM

**NEWS ITEM ADDED**

bASIC-Mining Increases Hashrate

bASIC-Mining is pleased to announce the further expansion of it's ASIC mining inventory. Two additional Avalon batch 3 rigs, each with 4 hashing modules have been obtained. This addition is expected to bring bASIC-Mining's total hashrate up to approximately 1,210,000Mh/s. The new hardware is currently being configured and will be available to add to mining revenue as early as tomorrow, Wednesday August 14.

Management remains committed to a policy of strong growth and careful hardware selection in this rapidly expanding Bitcoin network environment. The company's active hardware assets consist of the following:  

(1) BFL Minirig SC

(4) BFL Single SCs

(3) Avalon 4 module rigs

(3) Avalon 3 module rigs

(2) Radeon HD 6770 GPUs

(2) Radeon HD 7770 GPUs

Cheers,

CreativeX

https://btct.co/security/BASIC-MINING

If posts like this do absolutely nothing to price anymore then what will?
Just a month ago this could've made the stock go up 30% or more within hours. Now, nothing. Looks like those days are over. Not just for basic mining but for pretty much all the others as well.
I bought way too high and i'm looking to get out but without a massive loss.
I'm waiting for the price to go up again but i'm really wondering what they possibly can do for the price rise a lot again...
Buy 10 new miners? 20? This obviously won't happen...so anything else i don't know about?

Its price is not a very relevant factor in its adoption....
noodle_dam

Activity: 530

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 03:35:50 AM

**NEWS ITEM ADDED**

bASIC-Mining is pleased to announce the further expansion of it's ASIC mining inventory. Two additional Avalon batch 3 rigs, each with 4 hashing modules have been obtained. This addition is expected to bring bASIC-Mining's total hashrate up to approximately 1,210,000Mh/s. The new hardware is currently being configured and will be available to add to mining revenue as early as tomorrow, Wednesday August 14.

Management remains committed to a policy of strong growth and careful hardware selection in this rapidly expanding Bitcoin network environment. The company's active hardware assets consist of the following: 

(1) BFL Minirig SC

(4) BFL Single SCs

(3) Avalon 4 module rigs

(3) Avalon 3 module rigs

(2) Radeon HD 6770 GPUs

(2) Radeon HD 7770 GPUs

Cheers,

CreativeX

Just a month ago this could've made the stock go up 30% or more within hours. Now, nothing. Looks like those days are over. Not just for basic mining but for pretty much all the others as well.
I'm waiting for the price to go up again but i'm really wondering what they possibly can do for the price rise a lot again...
Buy 10 new miners? 20? This obviously won't happen...so anything else i don't know about?

This is my current position as well. I was contemplating posting the same question as well, but was afraid of the backlash.

I too, would like to ask what are some realistic things (besides difficulty drop off, bitcoin price explosion, miners fee quadrupling, aliens ect) that could raise the price in the near (days/weeks/months) future?

creativex (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 03:54:42 AM

There have been some high profile IPOs that have absorbed a lot of capital recently. As these companies are not yet expected to deliver results their share prices are largely unaffected by the rapidly rising difficulty. This will change over time as they'll eventually have to execute or capital will flow away from them. Obviously this is beyond my control. I can only continue to deliver results and wait for market sentiment to change. Having a yield above 20% makes this easy for me, but you'll have to make your own decisions based on your own comfort level.

Cheers.

stslimited

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 04:58:00 AM
Last edit: August 16, 2013, 05:22:47 AM by stslimited

**NEWS ITEM ADDED**

(1) BFL Minirig SC

(4) BFL Single SCs

(3) Avalon 4 module rigs

(3) Avalon 3 module rigs

(2) Radeon HD 6770 GPUs

(2) Radeon HD 7770 GPUs

Cheers,

CreativeX

This is my current position as well. I was contemplating posting the same question as well, but was afraid of the backlash.

I too, would like to ask what are some realistic things (besides difficulty drop off, bitcoin price explosion, miners fee quadrupling, aliens ect) that could raise the price in the near (days/weeks/months) future?

never heard of "buy the rumor, sell the news" ?

people were anticipating hardware acquisitions in basic, now they aren't. the volatility fizzled like a balloon popping (this is how volatility acts on all equities btw, after news is out)

everyone knows that basic's dividends can barely keep up with the hashrate adjustments *NO MATTER WHAT* for the next few weeks, at least, so asking for growth on top of that is out of the question

creativex just keep up the hardware acquisitions, as individual miners get squeezed out of the market as things become too difficult for them, basic can scale much more efficiently
creativex (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 10:46:43 AM

I'm travelling today and as such have queued up a payment equal to pps output. I will settle any difference between this and actual output and add/subtract it from tomorrow's disbursement.

Cheers.

JimiQ84

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 11:01:52 AM

I'm travelling today and as such have queued up a payment equal to pps output. I will settle any difference between this and actual output and add/subtract it from tomorrow's disbursement.

Cheers.

Is it "that kind" of travelling? ;-)
creativex (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 12:16:34 PM

Hi JimiQ84. If by "that kind"  you mean...in my car...then the answer is YES! Wink

BitcoinOxygen

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 12:48:29 PM

Hi JimiQ84. If by "that kind"  you mean...in my car...then the answer is YES! Wink

Good Luck with your journey. Smiley

BTCOxygen PPS Mining Pool 2% Fee  <<<  Join Now
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 05:25:56 PM

**NEWS ITEM ADDED**

(1) BFL Minirig SC

(4) BFL Single SCs

(3) Avalon 4 module rigs

(3) Avalon 3 module rigs

(2) Radeon HD 6770 GPUs

(2) Radeon HD 7770 GPUs

Cheers,

CreativeX

never heard of "buy the rumor, sell the news" ?

people were anticipating hardware acquisitions in basic, now they aren't. the volatility fizzled like a balloon popping (this is how volatility acts on all equities btw, after news is out)

everyone knows that basic's dividends can barely keep up with the hashrate adjustments *NO MATTER WHAT* for the next few weeks, at least, so asking for growth on top of that is out of the question

creativex just keep up the hardware acquisitions, as individual miners get squeezed out of the market as things become too difficult for them, basic can scale much more efficiently
The difficulty is killing everyone, including stocks such as bASIC. I read earlier today that any BFL device that arrives later than September 1st will be unprofitable with the current difficulty rising trend.

Unfortunately that isn't just affecting just BFL customers, it affects bASIC and all other securities or similar. I think the way they should be focusing on now, is using sites like Middlecoin, or multipool (when they implement their auto-exchange feature) and using GPU's for mining. I know they're highly in-efficient, but they can generate more profits mining than ASICs can, I never thought I'd say that, but I guess things change, aka the difficulty of bitcoin mining.
davos

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 06:19:44 PM

The difficulty is killing everyone, including stocks such as bASIC. I read earlier today that any BFL device that arrives later than September 1st will be unprofitable with the current difficulty rising trend.

Unfortunately that isn't just affecting just BFL customers, it affects bASIC and all other securities or similar. I think the way they should be focusing on now, is using sites like Middlecoin, or multipool (when they implement their auto-exchange feature) and using GPU's for mining. I know they're highly in-efficient, but they can generate more profits mining than ASICs can, I never thought I'd say that, but I guess things change, aka the difficulty of bitcoin mining.

It is easier to price in the difficulty on hand-to-hand trades of equipment - you're not dealing with static pricing from vendors. As evidenced by the most recent acquisitions (not to mention the stock-only deal for the minirig) creativex is an expert at getting the best equipment at the best price.

Personally I'm somewhat opposed to any pre-order investments. I'd rather see bM put funds to work on altcoins than see us pay for anything that can't ship or be picked up immediately. It seems to me insane, at this point, to assume anything less than that difficulty continues to rise at an ever increasing rate. Obviously such things are impossible to maintain indefinitely - I only mean to say that it seems safer to assume that until the difficulty finally flattens out.

By that time I estimate that it will be impossible for hardware vendors to make a profit selling hardware. Even with extreme BTCUSD growth, if the machine cannot produce more coins in its life than the buyer could purchase with the same investment of fiat then the machine cannot be sold at that price - it must be sold cheaper... and given the flood of new manufacturing entrants and the hard limit on how much total BTC can be mined per difficulty period it seems to me inevitable that the mining manufacturing industry is getting ready for an epic crash.

Also: anyone who hasn't yet received their BFL and paid for it via paypal should start the refund process. Bitcoin-buyers are SOL but they'll be better off if the fiat buyers get out of line. Fiat buyers shouldn't be getting out as a favor to BTC buyers of course, but because unless they ordered last summer they're never going to get the machine delivered within the window of profitability. BTC buyers have already lost so much to the exchange rate that they're screwed no matter what.

The goal of bM, again in my opinion, needs to be to keep a growth rate of our on-hand hashing power equal to or superior to the growth rate of network difficulty - and the only reasonable way to do that is through the purchase of in-hand units that can be shipped or picked up immediately and for which creativex can negotiate on price.

creativex (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 10:18:40 PM

Hi guitarplink. I find this line of thinking questionable. Difficulty will go up until mining is no longer profitable for those with inefficient gear and/or high overhead. It cannot go up far beyond this point because many(most) will stop mining which will cause difficulty to fall. While the pre-order madness has created a market distorting force, it will not last forever. If you skim the forums here you will note a growing resistance to the risky pre-order model. bASIC-Mining is well capitalized and IMO well positioned to weather this storm.

We're mining with GPUs now on Middlecoin...they earn next to nothing. They're nowhere near as profitable as ASICs. This will not change in the near future.

Cheers.

creativex (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 11:19:24 PM

Selling 3 units to creativex for 178 btc incl. shipping.

Proof of payment address (as requested by buyer): 14cvKoHW1U8ARPhKdkThZdv1ZVyE3jzvY6 

I'm hereby promising to ship the units once the 178 btc arrives.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=268703.msg2948120#msg2948120

Payment for 3 b1 Avalons w/ express shipping sent. Txid:

dd8ebfdc3c9b72228095a18ded873a4da860507670ee98da387d3208606f32f2

Thanks evoorhees.

Cheers.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=268703.msg2948218#msg2948218

Carnth

Activity: 634

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 11:25:39 PM

Selling 3 units to creativex for 178 btc incl. shipping.

Proof of payment address (as requested by buyer): 14cvKoHW1U8ARPhKdkThZdv1ZVyE3jzvY6 

I'm hereby promising to ship the units once the 178 btc arrives.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=268703.msg2948120#msg2948120

Payment for 3 b1 Avalons w/ express shipping sent. Txid:

dd8ebfdc3c9b72228095a18ded873a4da860507670ee98da387d3208606f32f2

Thanks evoorhees.

Cheers.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=268703.msg2948218#msg2948218

W00t!
stslimited

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 01:33:14 AM

1.41 terahash soon, I want more shares ! hmm limit order or write puts and collect premium until I get exercised
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 01:55:30 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2013, 02:18:55 AM by guitarplinker

Hi guitarplink. I find this line of thinking questionable. Difficulty will go up until mining is no longer profitable for those with inefficient gear and/or high overhead. It cannot go up far beyond this point because many(most) will stop mining which will cause difficulty to fall. While the pre-order madness has created a market distorting force, it will not last forever. If you skim the forums here you will note a growing resistance to the risky pre-order model. bASIC-Mining is well capitalized and IMO well positioned to weather this storm.

We're mining with GPUs now on Middlecoin...they earn next to nothing. They're nowhere near as profitable as ASICs. This will not change in the near future.

Cheers.
Before I continue, I'm not trying to troll or anything, I'm just trying to understand.

If the high difficulty puts other ASIC miners out of the game, what is stopping bASIC mining from losing money by mining as well? Do they operate on very low power costs, or keep mining even when they lose money, or whats up? And when the difficulty becomes too high for ASICs to be profitable, yes people will take them offline. However at the next difficulty change there is a good possibility that the difficulty will make it profitable again, until the next difficulty change, and it will continue like that.

Like, does bASIC have a plan to combat this all?
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 8008

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 02:45:05 AM

Cheers.
Before I continue, I'm not trying to troll or anything, I'm just trying to understand.

If the high difficulty puts other ASIC miners out of the game, what is stopping bASIC mining from losing money by mining as well? Do they operate on very low power costs, or keep mining even when they lose money, or whats up? And when the difficulty becomes too high for ASICs to be profitable, yes people will take them offline. However at the next difficulty change there is a good possibility that the difficulty will make it profitable again, until the next difficulty change, and it will continue like that.

Like, does bASIC have a plan to combat this all?

Hey Guitarplinker,

Creativex has more important things to do than allay your fears.  He's not a psychologist, he's an entrepreneur with a plan!  Clearly you have not done any research before asking your questions.  Read something first so you can ask more informed questions.

Take care

Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 »
  Print  

Jump to: