Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 04:51:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Foundation: Where on Earth Did all the Money Go?  (Read 15380 times)
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1116

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 11:40:40 PM

Man, at this point we shouldn't have to. We all have the same frame of reference here. We all seem to know the shot except you.

Yeah, you guys have got it all figured out....in between implying I'm associated with wrongdoing, calling me a liar and comparing me to Nazis you sprinkle in clever cryptic references to things like Trade Fortress like a group of teenage girls in a bad movie.

If playing games is your thing, have at it.

I shouldn't have had to tell you that 10 members of the board resigned upon the election of Brock Pierce, and I shouldn't have to tell you what kind of man he is.

But you use lots of words to not tell him. I think we can conclude that bitcoiners aren't all that economical.

I was trying to be polite. Angry

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
BruceFenton (OP)

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2016, 11:42:40 PM

I shouldn't have had to tell you that 10 members of the board resigned upon the election of Brock Pierce, and I shouldn't have to tell you what kind of man he is.

I wasn't involved with the foundation when the people resigned.  I do recall accusations of him being a "child mollester" by the same brand of ignorant low brow, logic-free people on this thread....despite no criminal accusation, investigation or indictment...let alone trial.  But maybe that's how you folks roll...damn the facts, slander is fun.

Perhaps that's what you are referring to...I can't know for sure because you are, for whatever reason, incapable of simply stating what your accusation is.
BruceFenton (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2016, 11:47:43 PM

Your goal is to have a clearly stated goal?
You don't find this a bit evasive, as in "playing games"?

You conveniently leave out the 2-3 page mission statement.
BruceFenton (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2016, 11:53:13 PM

>despite no criminal accusation, investigation or indictment
Please. Despite substantial civil settlement to avoid criminal investigation and indictment.

Oh neat.  In addition to being a newbie to the forums and a journalist, Little Mermaid is also a criminal law attorney.

So how does this work exactly....I'm sure hundreds of thousands in the justice system would love to know.

You pay a "civil settlement" in order to "avoid investigation and indictment" -- really?   At what phase does that actually occur...the DAs office?   The police?  Do police get a list of people they don't investigate because a settlement has been made?   Do people making these magic settlements have to do it really fast before the police investigate or does the magic settlement also erase past investigations?

Really curious how this works as you seem to be a huge expert on many topics.
BruceFenton (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2016, 11:56:47 PM

Your goal is to have a clearly stated goal?

And yes, by the way, that is exactly the goal at this stage -- to have a goal -- I should have said set of goals or mission statement.  It was put out for member comment
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 11:56:56 PM

Did you do any kind of research before accepting your new position? And by "research" of course I mean Google.

Are you people incapable of actually openly and honestly saying what is on your mind?

With apologies, I'm now confused.  Cry Cry Cry What does me not openly and honestly saying what's on my mind have to do with my dire situation of replenishing my eggnog stock, hopin' to restock once paid a 10% bounty that equates to approximately a hundred bucks if my maths' correct (113,833 X 10% = ~$100 Worth of Quarts of Eggnog)?

March 6, 2015 at 10:32 GMT: http://www.coindesk.com/jim-harper-2015-will-rebuild-the-bitcoin-foundation/

"Campaigns tend be about high drama and broad statements of principle."

That’s Jim Harper, the Bitcoin Foundation’s newly elected board member and former global policy council, discussing the recent election in which he and Olivier Janssens triumphed amid controversies over voter turnout and cries that the organisation should be disbanded.

Harper is keen to move the Bitcoin Foundation on to more practical concerns when he joins the seven-person board that will include BTC China CEO Bobby Lee; Ribbit Capital's Meyer 'Micky' Malka; venture capitalist Brock Pierce; BitPay's Elizabeth Ploshay; Janssens; and soon, a member to be elected to a new international seat.

http://bitcoinfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/2014-990-FINAL.pdf

<no satire, for it has a tendency to confuse some people> Jim Harper is ThePolicyCouncil.com INC award $113,833 for services in 2014. <no satire, for it has a tendency to confuse some people>

ThePolicyCouncil.com was never indexed by The Wayback Machine (archive.org for those unfamiliar as to how Google works, with apologies for the satire).

Further, for the Google impaired, this: https://whoisology.com/archive_6/thepolicycouncil.com

Granted, the above and indicative of the Apple consulting thingy isn't as bad as paying ~$1.5M to a completely unknown to revamp this forum which we're now enjoying the fruits of said labor.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 12:01:25 AM

Man, at this point we shouldn't have to. We all have the same frame of reference here. We all seem to know the shot except you.

Yeah, you guys have got it all figured out....in between implying I'm associated with wrongdoing, calling me a liar and comparing me to Nazis you sprinkle in clever cryptic references to things like Trade Fortress like a group of teenage girls in a bad movie.

If playing games is your thing, have at it.

Is it just me, or could've everybody else on this thread been capably of seeing this card eventually being played? I predict that soon Bruce will pen 'Troll' and 'FUD' to get his points across. Who's takin' bets?
BruceFenton (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 12:02:27 AM

With apologies, I'm now confused.  Cry Cry Cry What does me not openly and honestly saying what's on my mind have to do with my dire situation of replenishing my eggnog stock, hopin' to restock once paid a 10% bounty that equates to approximately a hundred bucks if my maths' correct (113,833 X 10% = ~$100 Worth of Quarts of Eggnog)?

You reply to my point about not speaking your mind by posting a rambling post with no point, more cryptic references, jokes about egg nog and covering well known existing facts as if they were new information.

What are you getting at with the reference to Apple etc?   That the foundation wasted money?  This was the main point of the OP.
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 12:11:58 AM

But maybe that's how you folks roll...damn the facts, slander is fun.

That's not me, but he had the same look in his face as I had.

Do you even Bitcoin?

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
BruceFenton (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 12:12:29 AM

Of course you're right, civil settlements are not paid to "avoid investigation and indictment." They're paid to ___? (feel free to fill in the blank.

You should definitely tell the defense attorneys and especially criminal defendants this, they will be very glad for the news.  

The police and prosecutors might find the "avoiding investigations" part somewhat perplexing though --- also curious about little logistics like how someone even ends up in the magic court without any investigation being made (or wherever this magic deal is made) -- is it an honor system where people not yet accused just walk in and settle or do DAs offices randomly just grab people with no investigation and ask them to settle....that would suck...but perhaps it's overcome by the ability to "settle" and make things go away.

Also curious if this magic court is both civil and criminal....because, being the genius attorney you are you must know that criminal and civil courts are entirely separate and that the state, not people, bring criminal cases.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 12:16:17 AM

From the Desk of I Have no Idea What Was Going on at The Bitcoin Foundation Prior to Me Getting Voted In:

Hi,

The event is basically full for this year but I thought Bitcoin Talk might still want to know about it in case anyone would like to request a wait list invite as well as to plan for next year.

Satoshi Roundtable is a private Bitcoin and crypto retreat taking place Feb 6-8 at a private resort in the Caribbean.  Invitation only and limited to 60 attendees.

http://satoshiroundtable.org

Confirmed attendees include:

Steve Beauregard, CEO, GoCoin
Vitalik Buterin, Ethereum
Michael Cao, CEO Zoom Hash
Dave Carlson, Mega Big Power
Nic Cary, CEO Blockchain
Reeve Collins, CEO, Tether
Tuur Demeester, Bitcoin Economist
Anthony DiIorio, Bitcoin Decentral, CrytpoKit, Ethereum
Bruce Fenton, Atlantic Financial / Bitcoin Association
Paige Freeman, Co-Founder, Women in Bitcoin
David Johnston, DApps Fund, Mastercoin, Factom
Charlie Lee, Coinbase/ Creator LiteCoin
Vinny Lingham, CEO Gyft
Marshall Long, CEO Final Hash
Trace Mayer, Author, investor, early adopter
Ira Miller, CEO, Coinapult
Patrick Murck, Executive Director, Bitcoin Foundation
Joel Monegro, Union Square Ventures
Brock Pierce, Crypto Currency Partners
Elizabeth Rossiello, CEO BitPesa
Matthew Roszak, Tally Capital
Marco Santori, Pillsbury Winthrop
Craig Sellars, CTO Mastercoin
Paul Snow, Texas Bitcoin Alliance and Factom
Nick Sullivan, CEO ChangeTip
Peter Todd, Core Developer
Roger Ver, Memory Dealers
Erik Voorhees, Coinapult
And many others …

Sorry it is full.  If you want to be placed on the wait list in the case of a cancelation you can send an email to members@satoshiroundtable.org
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 12:17:18 AM

Of course you're right, civil settlements of $4million are not paid to "avoid investigation and indictment." They're paid to victims? (feel free to fill in the blank.)

There. Much economy, very few words.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
BruceFenton (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 12:18:54 AM

We have an organization, or, at this point, no more than a name, name with tremendously embarrassing past it will never live down.
Now all we have to do is find something for it to do, a goal to fall embarrassingly short of, its raison d'etre, raise a bunch of money and...
Yeah, I know it seems a bit ass-backwards, but see, I'm the Grand Poobah now, and I wanna cash in on this thing, albeit I'm a bit late to the party.
I mean there's money here!

See -- you are incapable of actually stating something outright.  Weak efforts at sarcastic humor are your only resource because Logic will not work.

What you are basically saying above, and would come right out and say if you had integrity is:

1) I don't agree that a mission or should be made.  (Reason unspecified, presumably because the past is so bad that there is no purpose in attempting to fix something)
2) I accuse Fenton of attempting to enrich himself off of the foundation

You don't say that because

1) you don't have the integrity to, you'd rather resort to grade school style indirect accusations and

2) it doesn't hold up to logical scrutiny :  first, a mission or plan is a crucial foundation of any organization - second, I've never taken any money at all from the foundation (even though the last 3 Executive Directors were paid)

Easy to hide behind an anonymous name and sling mud on a chat board
BruceFenton (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 12:20:10 AM

Of course you're right, civil settlements of $4million are not paid to "avoid investigation and indictment." They're paid to victims? (feel free to fill in the blank.)

Do you have a link on this?
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 12:23:21 AM

You reply to my point about not speaking your mind by posting a rambling post with no point, more cryptic references, jokes about egg nog and covering well known existing facts as if they were new information.

What are you getting at with the reference to Apple etc?   That the foundation wasted money?  This was the main point of the OP.

Bitcoin Jesus Motherfuckin' Christ!

Jim Harper is a current board member. Jim Harper was paid over $100K for services in 2014 from TBF's coffer. Marshall Long, a dude who lied about mining bitcoins since 2009, and was in attendance at the Satoshi Round Table which you, too, attended, first introduced the eggnog (one word, for I, too, once made the same mistake, as did Marshall) reference.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 12:27:13 AM

Of course you're right, civil settlements are not paid to "avoid investigation and indictment." They're paid to ___? (feel free to fill in the blank.

You should definitely tell the defense attorneys and especially criminal defendants this, they will be very glad for the news.  

The police and prosecutors might find the "avoiding investigations" part somewhat perplexing though --- also curious about little logistics like how someone even ends up in the magic court without any investigation being made (or wherever this magic deal is made) -- is it an honor system where people not yet accused just walk in and settle or do DAs offices randomly just grab people with no investigation and ask them to settle....that would suck...but perhaps it's overcome by the ability to "settle" and make things go away.

Also curious if this magic court is both civil and criminal....because, being the genius attorney you are you must know that criminal and civil courts are entirely separate and that the state, not people, bring criminal cases.

I give! How is it possible for a person who pens satire not comprehend it when it's penned by others?
BruceFenton (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 12:28:11 AM

Satoshi Roundtable is a private Bitcoin and crypto retreat taking place Feb 6-8 at a private resort in the Caribbean.  Invitation only and limited to 60 attendees.

Lol.

"Ahh ha!  The dirt!  Satoshi Roundtable!"

Gleb, I wondered how you could have so many posts with such inane and worthless commentary but now I realize: you apparently just randomly roam around Google and post things that you somehow think are relevant or which prove some point....while never actually stating what that point or relevancy is.

Clearly you are scouring my name searching for some evidence that I'm a horrible person.   I'm sorry this is proving so difficult.

Keep looking, if you can't find some dirt you can just make something up.

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 12:30:54 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2016, 12:42:18 AM by BlindMayorBitcorn

Do you have a link on this?

The magic of "research".

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 12:33:22 AM

We have an organization, or, at this point, no more than a name, name with tremendously embarrassing past it will never live down.
Now all we have to do is find something for it to do, a goal to fall embarrassingly short of, its raison d'etre, raise a bunch of money and...
Yeah, I know it seems a bit ass-backwards, but see, I'm the Grand Poobah now, and I wanna cash in on this thing, albeit I'm a bit late to the party.
I mean there's money here!

See -- you are incapable of actually stating something outright.  Weak efforts at sarcastic humor are your only resource because Logic will not work.

What you are basically saying above, and would come right out and say if you had integrity is:

1) I don't agree that a mission or should be made.  (Reason unspecified, presumably because the past is so bad that there is no purpose in attempting to fix something)
2) I accuse Fenton of attempting to enrich himself off of the foundation

You don't say that because

1) you don't have the integrity to, you'd rather resort to grade school style indirect accusations and

2) it doesn't hold up to logical scrutiny :  first, a mission or plan is a crucial foundation of any organization - second, I've never taken any money at all from the foundation (even though the last 3 Executive Directors were paid)

Easy to hide behind an anonymous name and sling mud on a chat board

If I'm not mistaken, there's been a many politicians running and winning office on the promise of only getting paid one dollar, to later serve time in prison for embezzlement for acts they created while in office.

Dude, your plate was 100% full when you ran for this position sans pay, espousing how you loved doing such after winning the election, to later loathing the position, to what you're doing now on the various threads.
BruceFenton (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 12:33:30 AM

Bitcoin Jesus Motherfuckin' Christ!

Jim Harper is a current board member. Jim Harper was paid over $100K for services in 2014 from TBF's coffer.

Omg.  Not sure what is more hilarious, the number of factual inaccuracies you folks have or how certain you are of the truth of bad information.

Harper is not a board member.   He resigned as part of the board shakeup because he didn't see eye to eye with the other board members.

Harper was paid when he was not a board member by an Executive Director who is no longer there.   I never paid Harper anything.

See...this is the problem with wasting time with sarcasm.  

If you would have simply stated what your theory was, you could have gotten correct info.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: