Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 05:14:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Foundation: Where on Earth Did all the Money Go?  (Read 15380 times)
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:06:38 AM

If you think my Gleb post count is bad, you should the count on this.

To be clear, I've yet to scour the Internet pertaining to your name, opting to only search this forum for some info when I stumbled upon the post in question, but rest assured, Googling "Bruce Fenton" IS at the top of my list now that that the gauntlet has been thrown down (had to Google that phrase to make sure I was using it properly, with apologies for using Google's valuable resources).

So what exactly have I done that upsets you?

I'm not necessarily upset, but extremely taken aback as to how you're handling yourself in the heat of battle. You've been in this space long enough to know the lay of the land, and I'm sure others are pounding you a helluva lot harder than I, as the vinegar slash honey analogy comes to mind.

could be difficult since I never did win any election

http://www.coindesk.com/bruce-fenton-bitcoin-foundation-executive-director/

Veteran bitcoin activist Bruce Fenton has been named the Bitcoin Foundation's newest executive director.

Elected by a 5-to-1 vote, Fenton succeeds interim executive director Patrick Murck and outgoing executive director Jon Matonis, the latter of whom resigned on 30th October amid financial turmoil and ahead of staff cuts at the industry’s top trade organization.

My bad! I mistaken blue berries for blueberries. I'm not versed on how folks are voted for positions when they're not running for anything. Must just be a TBF thingy.
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 01:06:41 AM

as I said the FIFA of Bitcoin was TBF.

a lifetime membership was once 25 (22?) BTC in 2012 but they lowered it to 2.7 BTC which I payed for it.

we should support this BF instead.

http://thebitcoin.foundation

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:08:37 AM

Brock told me he was amazed that I found that. (paraphrased)
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:09:08 AM

He has no idea about Trade Fortress

this guy is a professional liar

but lets not highlight his better characteristics

Okay,  come forward with any evidence of any time I have lied.

slams bible on the table, shove this up your **** ********

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:09:38 AM

Bruce, Is the Junior Scientist position still open? Also interested in Vice presidency, if that's still up for grabs.
P.S. Have you considered MLM membership drive?

I know this is an attempt to be clever, but I don't get it, sorry.  Ask a real question, of if you have a specific critique of something I've done, happy to reply

pretends to know nothing about the companys past but

can spots attempts to be clever about the companys past

I just alluded to that truism (no satire intended).
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:12:18 AM

I do know the history of the foundation The Nazi Party:  they had embarrassments, terrible board members, mismanagement, massive waste, PR disasters and wildly excessive spending combined with some good things done

Fixed.
Welcome aboard, Bruce. Wash the windows, hang a few curtains, and remember: the stench of prussic acid is easily masked by today's potent air fresheners.

Re. "if you have a specific critique of something I've done": Have you done anything?

he needs to start again with shinning shoes on wallstreet

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:13:37 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2016, 01:38:09 AM by Gleb Gamow

That's what this thread is missin'. More cowbells images.

Ahh.  I see.   I'm a known associate of a guy who knows one of "the gays".

Don't worry fellas, "the gay" isn't contagious, you can't catch it by reading about an organization.   You can be secure in your manliness.

I hate to break it to you but I've hung around with "the Muslims" also.

Someday you can get a passport and come out of the basement, you might meet different people also.

"No, Captain! He missed the mark - us - by a parsec.
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:14:55 AM

let me be clear. I'm not here to speculate. I'm here to suggest to you that:

a. If you don't know the history of your own foundation, then you're probably a potato; and
b. Nobody wants anything to do with Brock Pierce, chairman of the board of said foundation.

I do know the history of the foundation:  they had embarrassments, terrible board members, mismanagement, massive waste, PR disasters and wildly excessive spending combined with some good things done as well as a big drop in Bitcoin price.

As for Brock, he was elected by a majority of members, so I wouldn't say "no one" wants him.   Do you have a specific accusation about him?

Did you do any kind of research before accepting your new position? And by "research" of course I mean Google.

he searched twatter and found twats

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

Bitcoinpro
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:18:55 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2016, 02:44:49 AM by Bitcoinpro

Did you do any kind of research before accepting your new position? And by "research" of course I mean Google.

Are you people incapable of actually openly and honestly saying what is on your mind?

Man, at this point we shouldn't have to. We all have the same frame of reference here. We all seem to know the shot except you.

im starting to think he was hired because he has had a labotamoy

it must remove certain congnitive abilities and leave only

the ones that deal with lying in order to achive ur next line of snort

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:21:09 AM

What I find amazing is that within ten short minutes upon reading BMB's post and between replying to this thread, among others, you were able to read the linked-to article, then formulate your assessment, then pen a reply, then at the speed of light click post. I don't even think Bryan Singer's Superman could've accomplished said feat, let alone tried. Were you a Marvel Super Hero in a  past life?

Haha, now you doubt that I can type.  Well if I couldn't have done it....I must not have been able to.  Maybe the ghost of Mark Karpeles hacked the forum clock.

Maybe it was "the gays" you are so worried about.   They are awfully smart and crafty from what I hear, and many know about computers also.

"Bruce thinks it's a question of his typing skills and not his ability to read a lengthy article assessing its gist while reading and replying to myriad threads on the Internet in the course of ten minutes, with said task including some typing."
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:21:31 AM

Man, at this point we shouldn't have to. We all have the same frame of reference here. We all seem to know the shot except you.

Yeah, you guys have got it all figured out....in between implying I'm associated with wrongdoing, calling me a liar and comparing me to Nazis you sprinkle in clever cryptic references to things like Trade Fortress like a group of teenage girls in a bad movie.

If playing games is your thing, have at it.

now that u mention it we forgot to add the bit where ur acting

like a snotty know all tenage girl, because it seemed like to

much of a compliment

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

Bitcoinpro
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:23:17 AM

I do know the history of the foundation The Nazi Party:  they had embarrassments, terrible board members, mismanagement, massive waste, PR disasters and wildly excessive spending combined with some good things done

Fixed.
Welcome aboard, Bruce. Wash the windows, hang a few curtains, and remember: the stench of prussic acid is easily masked by today's potent air fresheners.

Godwin's Law didn't take long to take hold.  

Just to be clear, are comparing me and others involved in a non-profit Bitcoin group to the Nazi Party who killed 6 million people?  All because the previous administration wasted money?

Is that correct, or was it just an attempt to be funny with a Nazi reference?

The Nazis killed somewhere between 20 and 30 million people. Not that I see the relevance, but that's a lot of dead people missing. BF was never real good with numbers so I thought I'd give you a heads up.

they where good with the numbers just the wrong ones

like the real time conversion of btc into lines of snort

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:26:00 AM

I've got some horrible news for you ignorant clowns:

Not only is Brock a known associate of "the gay".... there may be at least one actual board member who themselves is an actual gay!   Not an associate of one, an actual one!    

I know this will be shocking and disturbing to mud slinging ignorant bigots but it's true.

So far, he hasn't put the moves on me or tried to turn me gay too....but I'll be watching out for you a-holes and will help you preserve your manly straight pride.

Semper Pi

Oh, please, Bruce, tell us more about Brock being gay when he's on record myriad times stating that he's straight and has never been gay or bi. Is there something you know that we don't, including Brock? I think you fucked up here a tad... or more than a tad - a tadplex.
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:26:59 AM

Yeah, you guys have got it all figured out....in between implying I'm associated with wrongdoing, calling me a liar and comparing me to Nazis you sprinkle in clever cryptic references to things like Trade Fortress like a group of teenage girls in a bad movie.

I shouldn't have had to tell you that 10 members of the board resigned upon the election of Brock Pierce, and I shouldn't have to tell you what kind of man he is.

and he shouldnt have had to ask and the buffoon did which makes him even worse

and that many times more stupid,  this guy makes jeff skilling look competent

and he chaired the biggest bankruptcy in US history

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:30:23 AM

I've got some horrible news for you ignorant clowns:

Not only is Brock a known associate of "the gay".... there may be at least one actual board member who themselves is an actual gay!   Not an associate of one, an actual one!    

I know this will be shocking and disturbing to mud slinging ignorant bigots but it's true.

So far, he hasn't put the moves on me or tried to turn me gay too....but I'll be watching out for you a-holes and will help you preserve your manly straight pride.

Semper Pi

I'd like to thank you for coming here today, and shattering whatever illusions I may have had left about the people in charge over there. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to blame Vod. Angry

"Was that haiku or satire?"
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:31:42 AM

a scamming drug adduct will never  get it he will just keep asking for more money

while talking complete bs and trying to work out ways of how to steal ur money

if u wont just hand it over

Who exactly did I scam?  Who did I steal from?  Who did I ask for money?  Any evidence?  Or just more random talk?

For a second, I would've sworn I was reading a Leroy Fodor post.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:35:08 AM

like to thank you for coming here today, and shattering whatever illusions I may have had left about the people in charge over there. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to blame Vod. Angry

Glad I came here also -- started with an attempt to be transparent about the problems of the previous admin and an attempt at reasoned discussion -- but ended up just reminding me what utterly useless, illogical, dishonest liars make up much of these boards.

Feel free to use 'Trolls' and 'FUD' so not to disappoint us monumental assholes, a phrase Josh Zerlan used for us, the Collective, while winding down BFL's fleecing of the community, penned from the comforts of his estate.
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:35:16 AM

I shouldn't have had to tell you that 10 members of the board resigned upon the election of Brock Pierce, and I shouldn't have to tell you what kind of man he is.

But you use lots of words to not tell him. I think we can conclude that bitcoiners aren't all that economical.

we can conclude that u have absolutely no reasoning or analyais skills and therefore ur ability

to make a conclusion with a factual basis is non existant,

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

BruceFenton (OP)

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 01:36:28 AM

"Bruce thinks it's a question of his typing skills and not his ability to read a lengthy article assessing its gist while reading and replying to myriad threads on the Internet in the course of ten minutes, with said task including some typing."

So what exactly are you accusing me of?   You don't think I typed it?  You are so mystified that someone could shoot holes in your utterly ignorant slander in a matter of seconds that, rather than stop to consider what a faulty base your accusation was based on you immediately jump to "oh Muh internet! No one can prove me wrong that fast!  Must be foul play!"  What exact foul play?   I hired a researcher really fast?  Someone smarter than me wrote the reply for me?   I had the reply standing by on the off chance that you used it?   Who knows.   I'd love to hear the theory.  
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:37:05 AM

as I said the FIFA of Bitcoin was TBF.

a lifetime membership was once 25 (22?) BTC in 2012 but they lowered it to 2.7 BTC which I payed for it.

we should support this BF instead.

http://thebitcoin.foundation

It was $25 USD/yr, for that's what I paid for two consecutive years.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: