Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:30:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The best buy right now is not Bitcoin, it is ALTCOINS  (Read 7412 times)
SISAR (OP)

Activity: 651
Merit: 518

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 02:57:22 PM

Sure, Bitcoin can go up 100% from here but altcoins can go up 1000% much easier and much faster, given their current marketcaps and lack of liquidity. But do not wait for too long, buy at least a small amount of altcoins at current very low prices and smile later when majority suddenly (re)discovers altcoins, many of which outperform Bitcoin is all technical aspects. Pretty much every noob investor and speculator is dumping altcoins now so you should be slowly buying them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mexicantarget
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 02:58:37 PM

What about risks of 90%+ of altcoins which are doomed and have no way to recover because whales simply dumped all their holdings and newbies baghold them?
LuckyYOU

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 03:04:41 PM

What about risks of 90%+ of altcoins which are doomed and have no way to recover because whales simply dumped all their holdings and newbies baghold them?

Exactly this ^

Same reason to get into bitcoin though, I just have the feeling that bitcoin won't die as quickly as an altcoin.

I don't see the point in getting into altcoins.

SISAR (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 03:09:26 PM

Low liquidity means extreme upside potential! Besides, Bitcoin went up so much exactly because bagholding aka HODL so I don't find your argument good enough to dismiss altcoin markets recovery.
keystroke

Activity: 900
Merit: 1014

advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 03:09:45 PM

You spelled 'sell' wrong.

"The difference between a castle and a prison is only a question of who holds the keys."
martinacar

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 03:11:14 PM

Altcoins is fun to have, but for me is no point for me to use I am just using bitcoin to just hold it.
I am sure that in the future I will get a nice profit.
Because bitcoin have a potential that it can grow so high.
mexicantarget
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 03:11:49 PM

Low liquidity means extreme upside potential! Besides, Bitcoin went up so much exactly because bagholding aka HODL so I don't find your argument good enough to dismiss altcoin markets recovery.
I think my argument is very strong actually. Altcoins are worst than penny stock.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 03:14:11 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2016, 06:59:24 PM by n2004al

Sure, Bitcoin can go up 100% from here but altcoins can go up 1000% much easier and much faster, given their current marketcaps and lack of liquidity. But do not wait for too long, buy at least a small amount of altcoins at current very low prices and smile later when majority suddenly (re)discovers altcoins, many of which outperform Bitcoin is all technical aspects. Pretty much every noob investor and speculator is dumping altcoins now so you should be slowly buying them.

Maybe your are right. But there is a very "little" problem. Which altcoins must be chosen? There are more than tens and tens on the market and almost every day we hear about the new ones. Everyone pretend that his coin is the best. Everyone pretend that his coin is better than bitcoin and even bitcoin 2.0 (I am waiting now the bitcoin 3.0). Then I think that, from their nature any crypto, have not to much value for the moment. Then, when the market will be consolidated (and this cannot happen since the peer to peer will be spread in most of the developed countries in the form of drastic technology changes) every crypto will find its real value. For the moment, according to me, with all altcoins can be only speculated. And do such with your real money seems wast of these (for me).

So remain to see bitcoin. Even its price is waited to go at the values which everyone of us wonder not so soon.
SISAR (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 03:15:30 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2016, 03:30:41 PM by SISAR

Altcoins is fun to have, but for me is no point for me to use I am just using bitcoin to just hold it.
I am sure that in the future I will get a nice profit.
Because bitcoin have a potential that it can grow so high.

Altcoins can grow much higher but unless you actualy checked and used many of them it is sort of pointless to debate that with you. In any case, holding only Bitcoin is much like holding only gold or silver or Facebook stock. Here I am advising diversification within cryptocoin sector as a sort of hedging against unexpected Bitcoin demise. I'm not telling you to invest all bitcoins into altcoins.

Altcoins are worst than penny stock.

The same was true for Bitcoin not so long ago.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 03:15:45 PM

Don't go into the altmarket if you don't know what you are getting into. Cryptotrading has completely different rules and as some of you said, you will completely exposed to manipulators. I think it's safe to assume that this happens in Bitcoin too (hell it happens in the stock market) but we can all agree that the consequences are much smaller, it takes a lot of money to actually manipulate BTC's price.
mexicantarget
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 03:17:53 PM

I think my argument is very strong actually. Altcoins are worst than penny stock.

Why would invest someone money into "re-inventing" the wheel?
Bitcoin is used by at least 1 million people, and it was the prototype. While 98% of altcoins are a simple copy of it and LTC?

khalized

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 03:19:29 PM

probably two altcoins are really under priced...
dogecoin and litecoin.
probably they can rise... (as litecoin from 1 to 5 $ in 2 weeks this summer)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 03:22:54 PM

And this is different from bitcoin ...how?

because bitcoin is not doomed, and it is always increasing?, besides the top 5 altcoin, all the other are following the trash can as a final outcome

you really want to compare those to bitcoin? don't make me laugh
SISAR (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 03:24:59 PM

Why would invest someone money into "re-inventing" the wheel?
Bitcoin is used by at least 1 million people, and it was the prototype. While 98% of altcoins are a simple copy of it and LTC?

Well, obviously, you should not be investing much money into mere clones. Most are realy not going anywhere but there are exceptions like Doge, where past and present coin popularity could boost massive upswing. And there are definitely not "re-inventing" the wheel coins like NXT, Ethereum, BitShares, Qora and few others but again, unless you actualy used them it is a waste of time to talk about why they could 1000% or more.

Facebook was not much more than MySpace was but that did not prevented it from dethroning MySpace and all others.
SISAR (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 03:35:17 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2016, 03:45:44 PM by SISAR

Just because everyone are going crazy about that old, slow, worn-out but the first-ever and most widely used car you should not be dismissing Lambos and Ferraries lurking in the shadows. For example, what one can do with NXT alone is actualy more (and 10 times faster) than if Bitcoin is combined with Counterparty and dozens of 3rd-party centralized services. And some altcoins are so light that one can run a full-node on smartphone which means as trustless and decentralized as you can go with Bitcoin but without a need for a computer. That is a real deal to me and an area where Bitcoin already lost the battle.
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3427
Merit: 4344

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 04:01:45 PM

Just because everyone are going crazy about that old, slow, worn-out but the first-ever and most widely used car you should not be dismissing Lambos and Ferraries lurking in the shadows. For example, what one can do with NXT alone is actualy more (and 10 times faster) than if Bitcoin is combined with Counterparty and dozens of 3rd-party centralized services. And some altcoins are so light that one can run a full-node on smartphone which means as trustless and decentralized as you can go with Bitcoin but without a need for a computer. That is a real deal to me and an area where Bitcoin already lost the battle.

Bitcoin is much bigger, better and more secure than all other shit-coins out there.

Bitcoin already lost the battle....LOL

Amph made a good comment;

SISAR (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 04:12:31 PM

Bitcoin is much bigger, better and more secure than all other shit-coins out there.

It is just bigger than altcoins, not more secure and definitely not better.
julian071

Activity: 1132
Merit: 818

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 04:12:55 PM

The OP is a little crude. Most altcoins will perish, but some will persist. The great thing about crypto in general, is that it can easily adapt to changing circumstances and changing social constructs. Gone are the days of central planning of our different means of payment. And of course, crypto is sooo much more than payment!

So it is really wise advice to buy some altcoins in small amounts, because they have great upward potential, and you only have to invest a small portion of your BTC stash. But you should know what you are doing, that's what the OP is missing. Right now, I have 170 ETH, 100 XMR and 800.000 NLG besides my main holdings of BTC.

Don't believe me.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHrjs7VkSGU

=P
Ceizer54

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 04:18:38 PM

Correct me if i am wrong,but for altcoins to rise in prise the value of bitcoins needs to be dropped right? Coz i see dogecoin it falls from 0.00000062(avg) btc to 0.00000032 currently and you are sauying to buy altcoins in this time,what if bitcoin keeps on increasing and i believe it will as we are reaching the halving,then the altcoins price will fall right?so how can you advice altcoins at this time?
SISAR (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 04:22:03 PM

Gone are the days of central planning of our different means of payment.

Are you sure? Becase, as you can see on this very thread, central planning mentality is still very strong. Bitcoin or nothing! Just rise 1 BTC to 1 billion USD and you'll witness absolute and unseen tyranny, dictatorship and wickedness by this very people so into Bitcoin and Bitcoin only. Or BitShares and BitShares only, Qora and Qora only and so on. Nope, nothing realy changed. Not even wealth redistribution is something unseen.

So it is really wise advice to buy some altcoins in small amounts, because they have great upward potential, and you only have to invest a small portion of your BTC stash. But you should know what you are doing, that's what the OP is missing.

I am not missing anything. This thread was not ment to be of a "buy this and that" kind, do your own research.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: