Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:05:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The best buy right now is not Bitcoin, it is ALTCOINS  (Read 7409 times)
SISAR (OP)

Activity: 651
Merit: 518

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 10:42:59 PM

Sure, Bitcoin can go up 100% from here but altcoins can go up 1000% much easier and much faster, given their current marketcaps and lack of liquidity. But do not wait for too long, buy at least a small amount of altcoins at current very low prices and smile later when majority suddenly (re)discovers altcoins, many of which outperform Bitcoin is all technical aspects. Pretty much every noob investor and speculator is dumping altcoins now so you should be slowly buying them.

Last year which coin was pumped by 100% ? the answer is bitcoin.

So clueless, consult charts before posting more.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 10:49:00 PM

Sure, Bitcoin can go up 100% from here but altcoins can go up 1000% much easier and much faster, given their current marketcaps and lack of liquidity. But do not wait for too long, buy at least a small amount of altcoins at current very low prices and smile later when majority suddenly (re)discovers altcoins, many of which outperform Bitcoin is all technical aspects. Pretty much every noob investor and speculator is dumping altcoins now so you should be slowly buying them.

I consider bitcoin more stable than other altcoins, i know what the graphs says but it is a much higher risk investing in altcoins, i invested once in an altcoin and lost 95% of the investment as that coin ended costing 1 satoshi.
SISAR (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 11:02:53 PM

I consider bitcoin more stable than other altcoins, i know what the graphs says but it is a much higher risk investing in altcoins, i invested once in an altcoin and lost 95% of the investment as that coin ended costing 1 satoshi.

You know that Bitcoin once went to 1 cent and still no one was buying it, right? In case you don't know here is the video coverage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1X6qQt9ONg
Ruzka

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 11:03:58 PM

Just because you found a scam coin from the many many that are out there doesn't mean they're all bad.
I have had some mental profits from alts, yeh they are good to make a quick flip but it is btc that will be going all the way if any crypto is and maybe just maybe that will pull 4/5 alts along for the ride.
One may even start to compete. It is not worth buying many/any now though as it is a needle in a hay stack lol

HarizDB

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 11:07:48 PM

Very interesting point by OP - Altcoins does have potential, but so does Bitcoins. A smart move by all folks wanting to invest is by spreading the risk - if Bitcoins rises too much up in value, some people could turn interest in other e-coins and see it as the next 'big thing'. Should you buy Altcoins now? Honestly, I don't know, my knowledge about that coin, in particular, is limited.
SISAR (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 11:09:51 PM

It is not worth buying many/any now though as it is a needle in a hay stack lol

And when will you start buying? It is better to be a minute too early than a second too late especially if you know past price movements, upswings always being more explosive then downswings.

if Bitcoins rises too much up in value, some people could turn interest in other e-coins and see it as the next 'big thing'.

It is not could but will, just watch it.
talks_cheep
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 11:23:10 PM

Look into DMD (Diamond coin) and DGB (Digibytes). Both altcoins have tremendous devs and community to see them through. Do not trust any coins with less than 2 years of history behind it.

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 11:42:25 PM

if Bitcoins rises too much up in value, some people could turn interest in other e-coins and see it as the next 'big thing'.

This already happened, for like 3 years people piled into scamcoin after scamcoin as bitcoin rose "too much".

You know what happened? The bulk of them are bagholding dead coins, those poor bastards.  No one who bought into Bitcoin is bagholding a dead thing.
suda123

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 11:59:34 PM

It is not worth buying many/any now though as it is a needle in a hay stack lol

And when will you start buying? It is better to be a minute too early than a second too late especially if you know past price movements, upswings always being more explosive then downswings.

It is not could but will, just watch it.

So, is the alt coin section officially dead? no more pump and dumps lol
suda123

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 12:04:32 AM

Based on previous times bitcoin hit new all time highs many alts also saw their own all time highs too. As OP states many have bigger % gains. It seems they tend to lag behind bitcoin when the bull run is getting going but then eventually they spike to their own peaks earlier than bitcoin has its own bubble blow off. Won't surprise me to see this happen again.

The situation is pretty much like with precious metals, where mostly gold is leading the trend. Silver usualy follows, with higher volatilty thus higher possible profits. Other metals are more or less corelated but in any case just because there are gold and silver it can't be said other metals are not useful. Just like some metals outperform gold and silver in certain areas, there are many things one can do with current altcoins that Bitcoin will probably never be able to do. The main difference here is that not enough time passed for anyone sane to call Bitcoin a clear winner.

Ahh there we go, I see what you mean/=.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 08:42:10 AM

Look into DMD (Diamond coin) and DGB (Digibytes). Both altcoins have tremendous devs and community to see them through. Do not trust any coins with less than 2 years of history behind it.

lol diamond maybe be okish but digibyte is a trash clone, unless they changed somethign recently with the algo, it was a bad scrypt coin at the beginning i remember it, i mined it

also pos coins in general will be never a thing, they are based on making the rich richer
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 01:09:21 PM

Ethereum will be the largest blockchain by the end of the year.   Delay investment at your peril.

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 01:21:16 PM

Ethereum will be the largest blockchain by the end of the year.   Delay investment at your peril.

Largest Blockchain as in the amount of GB in total isn't that big of a deal. Every one can add rubbish to the Blockchain to make it grow in size. It's nothing special.
khalized

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 01:21:59 PM

probably two altcoins are really under priced...
dogecoin and litecoin.
probably they can rise... (as litecoin from 1 to 5 $ in 2 weeks this summer)

Well dogecoin today make a good JUMP!
Smiley nice to see that, and nice to see that my prediction become quickly reality Smiley
I have sold a little batch of Doge (more 100k)  I don't think could happen another jump in a short period
smith coins

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 01:24:39 PM

I just checked dogecoin how is pumped today and i can say those who invested yesterday are getting a high profit today (around 30%), sometimes yes it worth investing in altcoins
khalized

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 01:26:49 PM

I just checked dogecoin how is pumped today and i can say those who invested yesterday are getting a high profit today (around 30%), sometimes yes it worth investing in altcoins

It's from months that their price is "depressed"... I have accumulated a nice batch from September... Now this rise give a nice profit, but I remember when dogecoin price was at least 60 satoshi and touch also 80!
smith coins

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 01:29:01 PM

It's from months that their price is "depressed"... I have accumulated a nice batch from September... Now this rise give a nice profit, but I remember when dogecoin price was at least 60 satoshi and touch also 80!
I remember too when the price was at @70, unforutanetly i sold few weeks before at 30 and i am getting a bit nervous now that i didn't know that today the price will be pumped for about +30%
khalized

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 01:31:11 PM

I remember too when the price was at @70, unforutanetly i sold few weeks before at 30 and i am getting a bit nervous now that i didn't know that today the price will be pumped for about +30%

I decide to not sold my coins, also I exchange 1500k satoshi in the last weeks (LUCKY Cheesy )
I think that this one of the "historic" altcoin with a background (minimum) but with a good numbers of users that accept it, or exchange to trade with in.
Maybe price could touch again 70 satoshi, but meanwhile I prefer to cash out my 30% Tongue
pissedoff

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 01:36:17 PM

I decide to not sold my coins, also I exchange 1500k satoshi in the last weeks (LUCKY Cheesy )
I think that this one of the "historic" altcoin with a background (minimum) but with a good numbers of users that accept it, or exchange to trade with in.
Maybe price could touch again 70 satoshi, but meanwhile I prefer to cash out my 30% Tongue
Altcoins are not very stable compared to bitcoins so I don't think its a good idea to to wait for a alltime high price.
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 01:38:14 PM

Largest Blockchain as in the amount of GB in total isn't that big of a deal. Every one can add rubbish to the Blockchain to make it grow in size. It's nothing special.

Im referring to largest as in transactions, market cap, etc.  

If you still think doge or bitcoin will be market leaders you're goong to get a very sharp wake up call.

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: