Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:57:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 85 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WARP - Something different - VPN Wallet BETA Release - Bittrex/YoBit  (Read 115957 times)
SISAR

Activity: 651
Merit: 518

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 08:18:18 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2016, 09:22:09 AM by SISAR

How long is the crowdsale, and what is the goal for funding? Like 1 week and 2 BTC?

The sale ends Thursday Jan 28 at 12:00 CET.

There isn't a specific goal for the funding to be a success so to speak. The features to be implemented in the wallet are not crazy expensive, but of course they cost time of specialized developers. With 2 BTC this project fails, and everyone gets a refund. With 10 BTC some features can be implemented, but not the whole package.

I think WARP price can go up to 3k satoshis at least by the end of the sale. That is a realistic approach. Above that, 4k or 5k are possible, would give a better chance of having all my dream developments implemented!

But that's just speculation. Anyway, those prices are still quite cheap for such a low supply and the presented features.

* And by the way, this project was self funded so far. I don't intend to earn anything directly from the crowdfunding. Funding will allow to develop apps and services that generate value.

Maybe you should just set the purchase price at 5000 sats or more, and extend the ipo to a month. People might be willing to spend more bitcoin to get a guaranteed amount of warp, instead of it being a wild chance that you could end up with 10,000 + or under 1 warp

For now, I am just watching this thread. Based on shapetwist past posts on that account it seems to me he is an average high-risk trader (gambler) more than anything else so I can't see much stuff coming from this project. What I can see though is that he participated in much more than 1 failed altcoin where so many promises were made but nothing realy delivered. And I see nothing delivered here so far except generic PoS wallet costing like 0.2 BTC to create, an image I can make in under 5 minutes which supposedly shows future version of wallet and a lot of promises. What my intuition, which saved me like hundred times here starting with MtGox debacle, is telling me is that shapetwist will use money for personal trading and deliver nothing but excuses and more excuses before he just dissapears. So I strongly suggest to investors to think triple before investing serious money into this project.

You have been warned.
l8nit3
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 08:29:20 PM

So then does this set a base of 10BTC to be considered viable? or will you still go ahead with 7 BTC and just take more time to develop the mentioned features? what about 5 BTC? 

p.s. currently at 21 buyers and 0.544 BTC!
SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 09:11:11 PM

Everytime I see promises of a physical debit card, it is a HUGE red flag.  We can't even get a decent BTC debit card.  The cost and complexity of such a project is enormous.  Shit like this leads me to believe this is a scam or at best you are dumb, naive kids with pie-in-the-sky fantasies that you will never be able to achieve because you didn't think things through.

Hey! Glad someone brings that up.
I actually have a XAPO debid card for bitcoins. It works very well, I'd say it's more than decent. They work with a company called Wave Crest Corporate, which issues the cards at mychoicecorporate.com. Of course it's a costly project, but it's certainly something that generates a lot in fees. It has legal sides of great complexity too, which is something I'm willing to go through if we actually raise funds for the development of all the presented features. I can't make dumb and unfounded promises, like the card is going to be a reality for sure. No, it's a possibility that I've studied and it's doable. But it's all dependent on the budget.

I don't want to sell this project on empty promises. These are the features presented that I'm sure are possible to work on. Some are easier to achieve than others, but it's all dependent on the amount raised.

Thanks for replying and not getting butthurt over criticism.

The problem with proposing a crypto debit card is kind of a chicken and egg sort of thing.  People think having a debit card will aide in adoption of their crypto, but in reality you need adoption of your crypto before a debit card is viable.  You need sufficient volume and deep order books.  You also need a mechanism for converting the crypto to fiat.  I could go into this deeper but I have a tendency to ramble on and am not up to writing an essay on the topic right now.

In any event, I really don't see a debit card happening and the costs are going to be much higher than anything you are possibly going to raise here.  It's not as simple as just getting mychoicecorporate.com to issue prepaid visa cards.
shapetwist (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 11:30:09 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2016, 12:39:07 AM by shapetwist

There is no price, you are buying a % of a total number of coins. What shapetwist is refering to is actualy (Total Confirmed: 0.423 BTC / Initial Supply: 1,094,500 WARP) = roughly 39 Satoshis. Total Confirmed represents a marketcap.

http://www.warpcoin.com/presale.html

Which means expected price of 3k Satoshis per coin would be reached if (Initial Supply: 1,094,500 WARP * 3k Satoshis) = 32.835 BTC are rised for the project.

For now, I am just watching this thread. Based on shapetwist past posts on that account it seems to me he is an average high-risk trader (gambler) more than anything else so I can't see much stuff coming from this project. What I can see though is that he participated in much more than 1 failed altcoin where so many promises were made but nothing realy delivered. And I see nothing delivered here so far except generic PoS wallet costing like 0.2 BTC to create, an image I can make in under 5 minutes which supposedly shows future version of wallet and a lot of promises. What my intuition, which saved me like hundred times here starting with MtGox debacle, is telling me is that shapetwist will use money for personal trading and deliver nothing but excuses and more excuses before he just dissapears. So I strongly suggest to investors to think triple before investing serious money into this project.

You have been warned.

Hey! I respect everyone's views and intuition. If you checked my post history you can see that I am also careful and skeptic when the things presented are batshit ridiculous and undoable. And for the record I haven't been involved directly developing any other altcoin, and most altcoins actually do fail. I've traded in the past, mostly the easy buy-in early gems and sell at a quick flip. I don't see that as high-risk trading or gamble, it's very easy to see which coins are actually gonna make it if you use your common sense and intuition.
And then the altcoins were dead, and I joined one of those silly groups of people that give their recommendations on what to buy. So yes, I acted against my usual instincts, and ended up with bags of useless coins. I started to get really sick with the amount of scams, the pump groups, the ICO manipulations, the shady exchanges. I could say names but I'm sure you know who the main ones are.
It strikes to me as a bit retarded to use the available technology for foul play. Most of the coins out there are made by kids, and since they have no vision on top of some coding skills, the project is invariably doomed. People like bob and other "whales" that keep continuously releasing shit after shit are the ones to stop. They are the ones with no vision, and can only make money by fooling people around with empty promises and malicious intent from the start.

I hoped with WARP to start an old style coin that is actually useful, and that doesn't need a ridiculous amount of money like ETH or IOTA or ARCH or VIA (which one is useful?) etc etc, to easily achieve its goals. I won't hold anything against people having suspicions. That is more than normal after every thing that has happened in the scene.

Thanks for the words and concern, but I'm not going to hide or disappear Smiley

* edit: And it would be much nicer if a lot of people joined in with small amounts, instead of big money coming in. Don't you agree?

$APX - AstroPepeX - 1st AI developed ETH token
shapetwist (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 11:32:48 PM

The problem with proposing a crypto debit card is kind of a chicken and egg sort of thing.  People think having a debit card will aide in adoption of their crypto, but in reality you need adoption of your crypto before a debit card is viable.  You need sufficient volume and deep order books.  You also need a mechanism for converting the crypto to fiat.  I could go into this deeper but I have a tendency to ramble on and am not up to writing an essay on the topic right now.

In any event, I really don't see a debit card happening and the costs are going to be much higher than anything you are possibly going to raise here.  It's not as simple as just getting mychoicecorporate.com to issue prepaid visa cards.

I agree with everything you said. It's one of the last goals in my list and certainly only viable if we reach great volume. For that, many other goals have to be achieved first.

shapetwist (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 11:51:46 PM

So then does this set a base of 10BTC to be considered viable? or will you still go ahead with 7 BTC and just take more time to develop the mentioned features? what about 5 BTC? 

p.s. currently at 21 buyers and 0.544 BTC!

One could only speculate at the moment. It's day 2 today, and things are still quiet. It will be easier to give a better idea towards the end of the sale.

Depredation

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 11:53:35 PM

Yes i'm not investing till later in

▄█▄         ▄█▄
                            ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                          ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                        ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                      ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                    ▄████▀      ▄████▀
 ▄█▄          ▄      ▀█▀      ▄████▀
▀████▄      ▄███▄           ▄████▀
  ▀████▄     ▀████▄       ▄████▀
    ▀████▄     ▀████▄   ▄████▀
      ▀████▄     ▀████▄████▀
        ▀████▄     ▀█████▀
          ▀█▀        ▀█▀
.verify.▄  █▄
██ ███▄
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
▀█ ████
   ████
   ████
█▄ ▀███
███▄ ▀█
▄  █▄
██ ███▄
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
▀█ ████
   ████
   ████
█▄ ▀███
███▄ ▀█
▄  █▄
██ ███▄
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
▀█ ████
   ████
   ████
█▄ ▀███
███▄ ▀█
bobcaticus

Activity: 553

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 11:54:37 PM

Most of the coins out there are made by kids, and since they have no vision on top of some coding skills, the project is invariably doomed. People like bob and other "whales" that keep continuously releasing shit after shit are the ones to stop. They are the ones with no vision, and can only make money by fooling people around with empty promises and malicious intent from the start.

This guy knows whats up.

shapetwist (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 01:27:16 AM

Maybe you should just set the purchase price at 5000 sats or more, and extend the ipo to a month. People might be willing to spend more bitcoin to get a guaranteed amount of warp, instead of it being a wild chance that you could end up with 10,000 + or under 1 warp

Specifically regarding this comment, if at the end of the sale, distribution looks bizarre, uneven or unfair - all percentage wise among the full list of investors, it wouldn't make sense to complete the project. A good environment is needed to hit a market, fair distribution is essential. Maybe 10 days is a bit too short, let's see, but I like the fact that I don't choose the price per WARP, but everyone else out there do.

Blake Birk

Activity: 668

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 01:41:55 AM

Specifically regarding this comment, if at the end of the sale, distribution looks bizarre, uneven or unfair - all percentage wise among the full list of investors, it wouldn't make sense to complete the project. A good environment is needed to hit a market, fair distribution is essential. Maybe 10 days is a bit too short, let's see, but I like the fact that I don't choose the price per WARP, but everyone else out there do.

release wallet v.2 , set individual warp price at 5000 sats , and set a a minimum buy-in of 0.1 btc + reserve a bit of the warp for yourself for future bounties etc, so 2000 warp per 0.1 btc

for example ethereum sold 1000 ether for 1 btc & raising the threshold of the minimum buyin over time, worked well for them, although it did take some time for the price to rise above $1 (price of bitcoin at the time was roughly $1000)

just some food for thought
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 02:09:07 AM

release wallet v.2 , set individual warp price at 5000 sats , and set a a minimum buy-in of 0.1 btc + reserve a bit of the warp for yourself for future bounties etc, so 2000 warp per 0.1 btc

for example ethereum sold 1000 ether for 1 btc & raising the threshold of the minimum buyin over time, worked well for them, although it did take some time for the price to rise above $1 (price of bitcoin at the time was roughly $1000)

in short, prove yourself/the project first and people will invest if it is good (for what it's worth).

a lot of people in bitcointalk learned their lessons  Grin
Blake Birk

Activity: 668

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 02:09:57 AM

in short, prove yourself/the project first and people will invest if it is good (for what it's worth).

totally agree with you
raetsch
Legendary

Activity: 957
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 06:28:29 AM

in my opinion, you're thoughts are not compatible to the thoughts of the dev.
he don't wants an elite-coin.
BlockchainDynamics

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 06:48:21 AM

I like the small distribution approach.  I think the WarpGO_features document is interesting.  I guess the unknown qualifications of the dev is a bit of an issue... but many coin are that way at least initially.  For now I keep an eye open and wish all the best. 
shapetwist (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 08:13:36 AM

Hey! Yes, that's how crowd funded campaigns work.
I hope I am being clear and open about all this to attract confidence of the investors. I'll be presenting more ideas and explanations in the days to come.

in my opinion, you're thoughts are not compatible to the thoughts of the dev.
he don't wants an elite-coin.

Yeah, quite right. For distribution to be fair it can't be limited to such minimum buy-in.

I like the small distribution approach.  I think the WarpGO_features document is interesting.  I guess the unknown qualifications of the dev is a bit of an issue... but many coin are that way at least initially.  For now I keep an eye open and wish all the best. 

Hey! Thanks for the best wishes. I'm not a developer as in someone that writes software. Of course the concept and most of the work has been done by myself. For the implementation of v2, an experience developer was hired (he's awaiting if the project is a go or not). For other things, like web wallet and API work, there's another coder that works with me.

Rago

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 08:30:54 AM

How much coins will get for $1?
zoneout

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 09:28:25 AM

Everytime I see promises of a physical debit card, it is a HUGE red flag.  We can't even get a decent BTC debit card.  The cost and complexity of such a project is enormous.  Shit like this leads me to believe this is a scam or at best you are dumb, naive kids with pie-in-the-sky fantasies that you will never be able to achieve because you didn't think things through.

Hey! Glad someone brings that up.
I actually have a XAPO debid card for bitcoins. It works very well, I'd say it's more than decent. They work with a company called Wave Crest Corporate, which issues the cards at mychoicecorporate.com. Of course it's a costly project, but it's certainly something that generates a lot in fees. It has legal sides of great complexity too, which is something I'm willing to go through if we actually raise funds for the development of all the presented features. I can't make dumb and unfounded promises, like the card is going to be a reality for sure. No, it's a possibility that I've studied and it's doable. But it's all dependent on the budget.

I don't want to sell this project on empty promises. These are the features presented that I'm sure are possible to work on. Some are easier to achieve than others, but it's all dependent on the amount raised.

TBH I don't see any chance for a nice debit card too, it's just complicated. You should team up with some bank and this is a no-sense for crypto enthusiasts.
logocreator
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

www.cryptodesign.cc

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 10:01:51 AM

Chance for a nice debit card its not so complicated if dev have success to fullfill the ico crowdfunding. These days we have already seen that on many places and exchanges. Things for debit card seems that goes cheaper.
I am sure that when first 4 things got developed, warp will worth enough to develop the fifth thing debit card

By the way, seems that dev is dead serious about this, he hired me to improve the WARP designs and left space for future cooperation.
I don't want to publish the work yet, i am sure he will do that soon, my point is he invests in warp. I got some confidence chatting with him on Skype, so i will invest too.
I encourage you to contact him if you have some questions.

shapetwist (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 10:03:56 AM

Now we have a Raspberry Pi wallet too! Just for fun Smiley
https://github.com/warpcoin/warp/releases/download/v1.0/Warp-qt-pi

shapetwist (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 10:15:34 AM

TBH I don't see any chance for a nice debit card too, it's just complicated. You should team up with some bank and this is a no-sense for crypto enthusiasts.

Well, I just didn't come up with it on the fly without doing any research to make sure it's possible. Like it was said, it involves a whole lot of things, and creation or partnership with some company(ies).
I can't be stating here that it's going to happen for sure, but I've made positive contacts in that sense. It all depends on out it plays out.

I'm not such a purist when it comes to those crypto views. Crypto coins should be easy to spend offline. If we are using cards now every day, we should be able to spend crypto coins that way too. But again, this is a long way ahead.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 85 »
  Print  

Jump to: