Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 09:01:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ToominCoin aka "Bitcoin_Classic" #R3KT  (Read 157079 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 04:26:52 AM

Wouldn't you say that the proposal sounds a little more reasonable now that Hearn is gone though? I'm still surprised that prominent miners show support towards "Bitcoin Classic" despite the fact that it hasn't been developed yet.

Eschewing modern features which form the foundation for scaling (RBF/SEGWIT/CLTV/Lightning/Sidechains), in favor of a trivial TPS increase and catastrophic consensus failure, is not in any way "reasonable."  Not even a little bit!

It's so unreasonable that iCE doesn't even have to furiously type away against it.  Smiley

but it is stupidly simple enough to suck in the punters .... hence the typing.

The punters that run PH/s?
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 04:43:39 AM

Because this is a consensus based community, anything that is more complex than 1+1=2 will not be able to reach consensus simply because not every participants have time to understand complex schemes. 2MB is most possible to reach major consensus right now

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 06:50:01 AM

Because this is a consensus based community, anything that is more complex than 1+1=2 will not be able to reach consensus simply because not every participants have time to understand complex schemes. 2MB is most possible to reach major consensus right now
This does not justify the situation. I'm pretty sure that 99% of the users do not correctly know how the underlying math and hashing works yet they believe in the security and privacy (pseudo anonymity) of Bitcoin. This is why people without a IT background should not be deciding on these matters and making illogical moves. Choosing 2 MB blocks over SegWit is very redundant.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Cconvert2G36

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 06:54:01 AM

This does not justify the situation. I'm pretty sure that 99% of the users do not correctly know how the underlying math and hashing works yet they believe in the security and privacy (pseudo anonymity) of Bitcoin. This is why people without a IT background should not be deciding on these matters and making illogical moves. Choosing 2 MB blocks over SegWit is very redundant.

Maybe you could offer your services to BitFury and talk some sense into them Lauda. They obviously know nothing about IT backgroundscaping.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 06:58:40 AM

Maybe you could offer your services to BitFury and talk some sense into them Lauda. They obviously know nothing about IT backgroundscaping.
Just because they know how to make hardware that does not meant that are familiar with software engineering nor that they're good at it (hence why it is almost impossible for a person to be an engineer of both sorts). However, this is not even remotely related to my post. I was talking about the users. 2 MB blocks could be engineered so that they take longer than 10 minutes to validate (that would be a 'fun' scenario if Classic takes off).

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Cconvert2G36

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 07:03:15 AM

Just because they know how to make hardware that does not meant that are familiar with software engineering nor that they're good at it (hence why it is almost impossible for a person to be an engineer of both sorts). However, this is not even remotely related to my post. I was talking about the users. 2 MB blocks could be engineered so that they take longer than 10 minutes to validate (that would be a 'fun' scenario if Classic takes off).

Such an attack could be easily disallowed by the protocol. Not to mention it's completely illogical from a miner's perspective. But you already knew that...

And yeah, BitFury haz no softwarez engineering talentz.  Cool
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 07:05:47 AM

Such an attack could be easily disallowed by the protocol. Not to mention it's completely illogical from a miner's perspective. But you already knew that...
Disallowed? That would mean you would have to disable a certain type of blocks/transactions which would be a very bad move considering what Bitcoin stands for. Illogical from a miner's perspective? Not if I spend a couple of BTC in fees; they would not ignore it. A similar block was mined by F2Pool last year (IIRC).

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Cconvert2G36

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 07:22:00 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2016, 07:42:32 AM by Cconvert2G36

Disallowed? That would mean you would have to disable a certain type of blocks/transactions which would be a very bad move considering what Bitcoin stands for. Illogical from a miner's perspective? Not if I spend a couple of BTC in fees; they would not ignore it. A similar block was mined by F2Pool last year (IIRC).

I won't be lectured as to what Bitcoin "stands for" by the crowd that is using a malicious miner DDoS limit from 2010 as an economic policy tool to benefit Blockstream™. Come back to me when you do a little research and discover why F2Pool mined that block.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 07:26:25 AM

I won't be lectured as to what Bitcoin "stands for" by the crowd that is using a malicious miner DDoS limit from 2010 as an economic policy tool to benefit Blockstream™. Come back to me when you do a little research and discover why F2Pool mined that block.
The current situation does not benefit Blockstream, stop with the conspiracy nonsense that you've been filled with by the likes of Hearn. There's no need to do more research on that issue. It would be both funny and sad if someone were to manufacture such a block on the first day of Classic.  Roll Eyes Even if we disregard this, scaling to 2 MB in comparison to SegWit is very redundant (because SegWit will increase the tps capacity to an equal level as standard 2 MB blocks would).

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Cconvert2G36

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 07:42:14 AM

The current situation does not benefit Blockstream, stop with the conspiracy nonsense that you've been filled with by the likes of Hearn. There's no need to do more research on that issue. It would be both funny and sad if someone were to manufacture such a block on the first day of Classic.  Roll Eyes Even if we disregard this, scaling to 2 MB in comparison to SegWit is very redundant (because SegWit will increase the tps capacity to an equal level as standard 2 MB blocks would).

Personally, I'm glad Hearn did his little farewell "fuck you". His agenda was too aggressive and would never satisfy a broad consensus of miners. He said his piece and he is done, he didn't just whip his cape and go into seclusion for a month or two. I'm thankful for bitcoinJ, but his approach, especially towards chinese miners, and yes, some fellow devs, was quite unproductive.

I'll drop the conspiracy nonsense if you tell me how Blockstream intends to pay back the $21 million... and give their VC benefactors an ROI, and why a crippled and expensive main chain wouldn't incubate that plan.

Classic is #R3KT right?? So no worries there... I bet they haven't even considered malicious miner attacks and DDoS'ing from the real socieconomic majority.
iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 07:47:16 AM

Please clarify whether BitFury is in favor of plain old non-segwit 2MB blocks, or 2MB tx + 6MB witness blocks.  And what about RBF/CLTV?

You do know which it is, right?  I'm sure you would never presume to advocate for a third party's position on which you are not perfectly clear.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Cconvert2G36

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 07:52:46 AM

Please clarify whether BitFury is in favor of plain old non-segwit 2MB blocks, or 2MB tx + 6MB witness blocks.  And what about RBF/CLTV?

You do know which it is, right?  I'm sure you would never presume to advocate for a third party's position on which you are not perfectly clear.

I'm not advocating for any third party. My interests are my own as a long time participant and investor in BTC.

This is the only info I have directly from BitFury:

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 07:57:53 AM

as i see it is the opposite, choosing segwit, over 2m appear to be redundant sinc eit's the same thing, better to implement 2mb directly, and find another solution for the future, becasue none of those solution are final anyway
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 08:07:54 AM

as i see it is the opposite, choosing segwit, over 2m appear to be redundant sinc eit's the same thing, better to implement 2mb directly, and find another solution for the future, becasue none of those solution are final anyway
I have only recently unignored you and it seems that I have made a mistake. You have no clue what you're talking about. SegWit is not about a capacity increase, that increase is a bonus that comes with it.
I'll drop the conspiracy nonsense if you tell me how Blockstream intends to pay back the $21 million... and give their VC benefactors an ROI, and why a crippled and expensive main chain wouldn't incubate that plan.
You're asking me how a company that I have no relationship with plans to ROI? You're asking the wrong person (although my guess would be offering custom sidechains to companies/similar other ways). If Bitcoin becomes centralized or expensive to use it is most likely going to be barely used at all.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 08:13:38 AM

I'm not advocating for any third party. My interests are my own as a long time participant and investor in BTC.

This is the only info I have directly from BitFury:

So you don't have the faintest idea whether or not Bitfury supports RBF/CLTV/SEGWIT/Lightning/sidechains, yet still presume their interests congruent to your own.

Thank you for illustrating exactly why _Classic is already #REKT, and why Valery should stick to making low level decisions in Verilog.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 08:47:33 AM

I have only recently unignored you and it seems that I have made a mistake. You have no clue what you're talking about. SegWit is not about a capacity increase, that increase is a bonus that comes with it.

yes i know that it offer something else, but the capacity is the most important thing and the only one that matter, so what is your point here? other solutions also offer added things, but as i see it those are the real bonus not the capacity itself
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 09:26:51 AM

yes i know that it offer something else, but the capacity is the most important thing and the only one that matter, so what is your point here?
Here you go again, talking nonsense. Fixing malleability, enabling far simpler script upgrades, fraud proofs should be considered as 'something else'?  Roll Eyes
other solutions also offer added things, but as i see it those are the real bonus not the capacity itself
No, they don't. 2 MB does not offer anything if we disregard the increase tps (which SegWit achieves as a bonus).

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 09:36:51 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2016, 09:48:00 AM by marcus_of_augustus

I'll drop the conspiracy nonsense if you tell me how Blockstream intends to pay back the $21 million... and give their VC benefactors an ROI,

are you also asking the tens of other VC funded companies in the bitcoin space how they are expecting to supply ROI on the over $1 billion has been sunk in?

I've seen some pretty hokey business models that I wouldn't touch with a 10 ft pole, and you'd need some far out conspiracy theories to explain how the heck they got funded .... Blockstream looks like a damned solid investment to me in that light, I'd be buying shares if they were public.

You whole spiel is based on some naive arrogance that you know that the Core devs are hell bent on ruining Bitcoin infrastructure because a few of them work for Blockstream who don't have a business model for ROI on a measly $21 mill, seriously Huh... what about the other 32++ devs who ACKed the capacity increase roadmap, were they taken over by brain downloads directly from Blockstream servers and are now just meat puppet drones following the wishes of the blockstream overlords?

iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 09:37:25 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2016, 09:53:36 AM by iCEBREAKER

Okay great. Here come the big guns. Bye, bye!

There is a reason we don't use consider.it to design space shuttles...

...but that reason is beyond the ken of Toominista contentious hard fork advocates.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 10:07:00 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2016, 10:35:21 AM by Lauda

and here is lauda trying to push segwit with all of his powers of persuasion yet again..
Wrong. I sent a picture of your previous post asking me to explain two points to Bitcoin-dev on IIRC and they (maaku in specific) said it was completely false. Stop spreading nonsense; I advise you once again to go there and ask your questions.

what about the other 32++ devs who ACKed the capacity increase roadmap, were they taken over by brain downloads directly from Blockstream servers and are now just meat puppet drones following the wishes of the blockstream overlords?
They must be all working for Blockstream.  Cheesy

Update:
franky1: I will give you 1 more chance before I put you on the ignore list (you seem to be ignoring the suggestions repeatedly and not doing anything). Either get the proper explanation on IRC (this is all you have to do), or stop spreading nonsense. I won't bother with this again.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 123 »
  Print  

Jump to: