Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:33:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ToominCoin aka "Bitcoin_Classic" #R3KT  (Read 157066 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
watashi-kokoto

Activity: 682
Merit: 269

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 10:08:26 AM

[23:26] <BlueMatt> thats probably still really tight, but I'd say at least a year
[23:27] <wangchun> BlueMatt: I agree
[23:27] <wangchun> Then we are talking something not happen until 2017

Eventually.  Sorry, not tonight dear.

What a shame, isn't it?
We all hoped for big blocks. It will happen once Satoshi returns.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 10:30:45 AM

[23:26] <BlueMatt> thats probably still really tight, but I'd say at least a year
[23:27] <wangchun> BlueMatt: I agree
[23:27] <wangchun> Then we are talking something not happen until 2017

Eventually.  Sorry, not tonight dear.

What a shame, isn't it?

We don't have to know exactly who Satoshi is to know he's 100% Team Cypherpunk.

If you don't know why Adam Back, Bram Cohen, and Nick Szabo may be assumed to be reasonable proxies for his opinion, you need to GTFO N000B.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
watashi-kokoto

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 10:32:34 AM

We don't have to know exactly who Satoshi is to know he's 100% Team Cypherpunk.

If you don't know why Adam Back, Bram Cohen, and Nick Szabo may be assumed to be reasonable proxies for his opinion, you need to GTFO N000B.

Saoshi Nakamoto is the greatest man who ever walked the earth and he is going to free us from slavery. How dare you to badmouth him.
iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 10:38:40 AM

Saoshi Nakamoto is the greatest man who ever walked the earth and he is going to free us from slavery. How dare you to badmouth him.

Ahh, now I get it!

Satoshi will return eventually.  But sorry, not tonight dear!   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
watashi-kokoto

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 10:42:18 AM

Satoshi will return eventually.  But sorry, not tonight dear!   Cheesy

But the shills will. And that's what the whole fun is about.
iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 10:47:42 AM

No wonder the Tooministas promptly memory-holed Marshall Long from their dev list (and replaced him with Peter_R, master of Powerpoint pull reqs).

Bitcoin Classic is possibly a Takeover Attempt by Cryptsy and Marshall Long of FinalHash to dump Worthless Coins on Depositers

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/41ge93/bitcoin_classic_is_possibly_a_takeover_attempt_by/

Marshall Long CTO of FinalHash and CTO of Cryptsy who still lists Cryptsy on the FinalHash website has been the one of the primary forces pushing for Bitcoin Classic in what would likely result in a fork with two chains due to it's extremely controversial nature of being pushed for activation before SegWit. Since Cryptsy's liabilities are primarily in Bitcoin it is theorized he is likely still working closely with them to come up with a way to resolve their problems. Big Verne has flown to China and is likely working closely with Marshall Long in order to create a hard fork where the coins from the losing chain can be dumped on Cryptsy's users for pennies on the dollar.

The smoking gun here is how he all of a sudden goes from supporting the core roadmap and saying miners nearly unanimously support segwit on Dec 14th to a complete about face and withdraw of his support from the roadmap on Jan 5th do a search for "FinalHash" in those archive links to see the specific posts in question. Shortly after this about face it is revealed that Cryptsy was running a fractional reserve. Cryptsy likely knew about pending legal action back in December and would be working on a strategy to resolve their liabilities. Dumping pre-fork coins on their users is a plausible strategy for resolving their legal liabilities.

The people involved with Bitcoin Classic have close ties to FinalHash and Cryptsy and have been working under repository called "Multicoin-co" here.

You can see details of the Bitcoin Classic involvement in FinalHash lead developer Ahmed Bodiwala's github history who as you can see here has been very active with altcoin development and also has close ties to Cryptsy in addition to having commit access to the bitcoin classic repository along with jtoomim and Marshall Long himself. Marshall Long was also closely involved with the mintsy.co scam. Marshall long has been involved in countless other scams such as GAW miners.

While it is just a theory that Marshall Long is pushing for a hard fork to dump the losing chain's coins on Cryptsy users it does seem like a realistic possibility given the evidence. Even if there is another reason for this hard fork push do you really want someone involved with all these scams to be in charge of bitcoin protocol development?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 10:48:52 AM

I hope that you're being sarcastic else this is just an appeal to authority. Satoshi is indeed a very great man, but that does not mean that he has the answers (or the best answers) to everything.

Rage level over 9000. threats of nuclear options. Stick with us or else.

Keep pushing the agenda that it's everyone else trying to "destroy Bitcoin" though won't y'all.
2 MB blocks are indeed dangerous ATM. It is possible to construct a transaction that would take too long to validate (over 10 minutes) due to the quadratic scaling (validation time).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
watashi-kokoto

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 01:06:24 PM

Keep pushing the agenda that it's everyone else trying to "destroy Bitcoin" though won't y'all.
2 MB blocks are indeed dangerous ATM. It is possible to construct a transaction that would take too long to validate (over 10 minutes) due to the quadratic scaling (validation time).

There are other issues with large blocks. Long to validate transactions are just the tip of iceberg. I believe that's why Satoshi eventually deferred the removal of his limit.
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 03:13:04 PM

There are other issues with large blocks. Long to validate transactions are just the tip of iceberg. I believe that's why Satoshi eventually deferred the removal of his limit.

There are other issues with small blocks. Long transaction confirmations times are just the tip of the ice'n'berg. I believe that's why Satoshi was so blasé about how easy it was to increase the limit with a simple change.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
watashi-kokoto

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 03:14:54 PM

There are other issues with small blocks. Long transaction confirmations times are just the tip of the ice'n'berg. I believe that's why Satoshi was so blasé about how easy it was to increase the limit with a simple change.

There are other issues with morons like you. Long to validate transactions are just the tip of iceberg. I believe that's why I've just Ignored you.
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 03:18:48 PM

There are other issues with morons like you. Long to validate transactions are just the tip of iceberg. I believe that's why I've just Ignored you.

That'll learn me.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
watashi-kokoto

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 03:19:38 PM

That'll learn me.

Didn't read but I miss you. Nice hat, grandpa.
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 03:44:59 PM

Interesting ...

http://8btc.com/thread-28217-1-1.html

iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 05:38:30 AM

That does it.  I'm all out of #rekt memes.   Undecided

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 05:46:29 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2016, 05:59:46 AM by franky1

saying blocks will be instantly filled right to the top of the 2mb limit.. is just scaremongering propoganda to try keeping people away from that idea. using no logic..

so this image shows it better..

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 06:28:56 AM

saying blocks will be instantly filled right to the top of the 2mb limit.. is just scaremongering propoganda to try keeping people away from that idea. using no logic..
I never said that. Either you are trying to manipulate my words or are failing to understand it. What I'm saying is, is that a single transaction can be constructed that would cause problems to the network.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 06:45:35 AM

I never said that. Either you are trying to manipulate my words or are failing to understand it. What I'm saying is, is that a single transaction can be constructed that would cause problems to the network.

and 2000 people wanting to do a transaction should wait 1 hour to get a confirmation?, purely because miners ignore transactions because there is not space for every transaction to fit. like they have been doing for the last year+

so 2000 people every 10 minutes have to get pissed off waiting 1 hour.. all because..
1 person "may" make 1 transaction that takes 10 minutes.

mmmm.. do you see the imbalance in that mindset.. ?

the funny thing is that miners can ignore spam transactions and leave that 1 large tx sat doing nothing.. instead of ignoring normal transactions..

in short
large single transactions of high bytes, are not going to cause an issue.. as you said.. it can get dealt with in 10 minutes..
but pissing off people making them wait an hour will cause issues.. and that cant be resolved in 10 minutes

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 06:47:51 AM

the funny thing is that miners can ignore spam transactions and leave that 1 large tx sat doing nothing.. instead of ignoring normal transactions..
in short large single transactions of high bytes, is not going to cause an issue..
but pissing off people making them wait an hour will
They won't do that if:
A) The attack is malicious and the person would most likely include an unusually high fee (what's a few thousands dollars to attack Bitcoin? Nothing).
B) The miner itself is malicious.

1 person "may" make 1 transaction that takes 10 minutes.
Should we ignore the fact that this opens up another attack vector, really?

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 06:52:52 AM

Nice chart. I like your style Smiley

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 07:06:26 AM

2mb ToominBlocks will be filled instantly, because of the massive, irresistible financial incentive to short ToominCoins.  Everyone will be doing it.

And you failed to provide a response to the mention of >10 minute validation times.

Do you believe ignoring the problem with quadratic sigop lag will just go away if you ignore it, or do you not even understand what that means?

As for Peter "Frictionless Spherical Blockchains in a Vacuum" Rizun's obscurantist scientificism, remember how utterly anti-predictive his past hypotheses have been.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=68655.msg12160206#msg12160206  (locked thread, can't quote)

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 123 »
  Print  

Jump to: