Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:26:11 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ToominCoin aka "Bitcoin_Classic" #R3KT  (Read 157077 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 07:32:33 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2016, 08:07:36 PM by franky1

Total garbage, Franky.

You're basically trying to tell us that on one hand SegWit doesn't provide 4MB, and yet on the other hand, the old nodes won't have access to the data that you say doesn't even properly exist! It can't be both.

it can be both..

segwit has 2 modes
default: dont send witness (<1mb data)
archival: send witness to implementations able to send the parameter to ask to be archival.(>1mb data)

old nodes do not have the parameter to ask to be archival so all they get is the default no witness <1mb crap

so as i said.
old nodes cut off from being full nodes as they can no longer check data..(without upgrading to be segwit complient)
segwit miners will want full data so they will be set to archival mode and thus they will pretend to only be getting 1mb of data, but will get more data. which goes against the blockstream shills rhetoric who have said china dont want to upgrade to 2mb rule, due to chinas fire wall not handling more than 1mb data (which i disagree with) or the rhetoric that storing more then 1mb data would require data centres*..(again disagree with)

so how is full archival miners magically not going to have firewall problems or need data centres.. like the doomsday myth rhetoric blockstream shills say would happen with a 2mb cap??

whats next.. only have transaction IDs in the "main" block.. and the actual data and signatures in a subblock.. to again have the illusion of more transactions per megabite, this time 12000tx-16000tx(instead of 6000-8000 by just shifting signatures to the side).. similar to SPV only asking for headers, but where real life actual full data is alot more (6mb-8mb instead of 2mb-4mb)

i do find it funny that lauda put me on ignore just minutes after HE got proved wrong when asking bitcoin-devs in IRC.. even weeks after saying he himself actually spoke to them alot back then.. yet the IRC conversation just a few days ago showed lauda lacked basic understanding.. and got proved wrong by the dev team saying the same things that i have been saying for a month..

it made me laugh even more that rather then learning indepth and understanding to then make a coherant rebuttle using real facts, real case scenario's.. all you blockstream shills can do is just say "you are wrong".. without getting into the detail of why, you just write waffle to twist words i said to show you didnt even understand what i was saying.

you dont use logic or examples of how it actually works. which makes you not helpful either.. if you want to prove someone wrong.. use detail, use proper explanations, use case scenario examples. quotes, etc

i sincerely do hope you get rich quick with your Liquid investments and move on with your lives.. as it seems something is causing you to get blinded by logic and enlightened only by the ass kissing and secret profiteering you may have been promised. maybe after yo get rich then your biased minds can settle down and concentrate on the community needs rather then blockstreams plans

* incase any blockstream shills pretend they never said that 2mb is bad because it would end up in centralisation and datacenters of super computers, rather than ordinary people
Exactly my point - and if you keep on repeating that change (getting bigger and bigger) then finally the amount of time to even verify all the signatures in your megablocks in 10 minutes will be beyond the capabilities of 99% of the computing hardware available.
Now that would be centralisation!
If we tried to scale Bitcoin by just increasing the block size then basically only a few huge data centers in the world would be able to even verify such gigantic blocks in ten minutes.

well how is segwit archival (real data over 1mb) not the same problem!!

have a nice day

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
watashi-kokoto

Activity: 682
Merit: 269

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 08:10:06 PM

I believe that delete Satoshi and put Classic or Unlimited user agent is a clear disrespect.

These people openly disrespect Satoshi , to me this is a clear message.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 08:12:55 PM

I believe that delete Satoshi and put Classic or Unlimited user agent is a clear disrespect.

These people openly disrespect Satoshi , to me this is a clear message.

satoshi himself envisioned upping the cap.. he even shown an example of it using block height 115000......
..yet we are approaching blockheight 400,000 and blockstream shills are still saying their way to not up the cap, is satoshi's way..
(facepalm)

i too dont agree with the classic stuf in regards to their R3 agenda.. all i and the community want is real capacity increases without bait and switching data for convenience

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
watashi-kokoto

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 08:18:16 PM

Even if we have 8MB, that would be 56 transactions per second? Still much more slow than centralized system like visa.

Centralized system can be used for micro payments, when the user collected all payments , user can move all his funds to block chain with 1 payment. To me this is the clear improvement. And lightning should work similar. I actually don't support lighting I'm neutral about it.

If somebody thinks they can divide the Bitcoin community and then overtake piece by piece they're deeply mistaken.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 08:30:16 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2016, 09:13:27 PM by franky1

Even if we have 8MB, that would be 56 transactions per second? Still much more slow than centralized system like visa.

Centralized system can be used for micro payments, when the user collected all payments , user can move all his funds to block chain with 1 payment. To me this is the clear improvement. And lightning should work similar. I actually don't support lighting I'm neutral about it.

If somebody thinks they can divide the Bitcoin community and then overtake piece by piece they're deeply mistaken.

not saying 8mb needs to happen tomorrow(thats a gavin coin agenda.. not the general community mindset).. the other debates about transaction fee's that get meandered into the blocksize debate dont need to be solved in 2 years either.. it can be slow growth over 20 years, when blockreward is smaller and transaction fees start becoming important(as transaction fees is not important today as a needed income source)..
neither am i saying that 8m is the limit in 20 years.. technology in 20 years will be capable of so much more

so if you go by a 20year mindset .. where technology differences between now and 20 years shows that scaling to the scales of your utopian dream of visa.. is possible in that longer time frame without the "datacentre" doomsday rhetoric, while also scaling up enough that in that long time frame. miners will have enough transaction capacity by then to earn their $10k a block income due to capacity buffer being available to charge fees of just a few pennies(atmost) per transaction.. instead of $$ per transaction under other shill doomsday scenario rhetoric

oh and as for visa's transaction per second estimate.. that is not based on their one network, visa actually does have multiple systems. one for each country/currency.. so dont be fooled by visas numbers. one of their networks cannot handle as much as you think.

and as i said over the nextfew years of just scaling up naturally (without bait and switching data). there can be other new methods of handling more transactions too..

im just sick of the blockstream agenda that is "our way or STFU" (not very open minded, open source, innovative, etc"

thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 09:57:50 PM

not saying 8mb needs to happen tomorrow(thats a gavin coin agenda.. not the general community mindset).. the other debates about transaction fee's that get meandered into the blocksize debate dont need to be solved in 2 years either.. it can be slow growth over 20 years, when blockreward is smaller and transaction fees start becoming important(as transaction fees is not important today as a needed income source)..
neither am i saying that 8m is the limit in 20 years.. technology in 20 years will be capable of so much more

so if you go by a 20year mindset .. where technology differences between now and 20 years shows that scaling to the scales of your utopian dream of visa.. is possible in that longer time frame without the "datacentre" doomsday rhetoric, while also scaling up enough that in that long time frame. miners will have enough transaction capacity by then to earn their $10k a block income due to capacity buffer being available to charge fees of just a few pennies(atmost) per transaction.. instead of $$ per transaction under other shill doomsday scenario rhetoric

oh and as for visa's transaction per second estimate.. that is not based on their one network, visa actually does have multiple systems. one for each country/currency.. so dont be fooled by visas numbers. one of their networks cannot handle as much as you think.

and as i said over the nextfew years of just scaling up naturally (without bait and switching data). there can be other new methods of handling more transactions too..

im just sick of the blockstream agenda that is "our way or STFU" (not very open minded, open source, innovative, etc"

It's not blockstream or nothing, but it turns out blockstream with their LN solution has been the best solution to scale Bitcoin worldwide, until anyone has a better and realistic idea they are our best bet. Anyone still supporting Bitcoin Classic has no hope whatsoever.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 11:04:33 PM

you dont use logic or examples of how it actually works. which makes you not helpful either.. if you want to prove someone wrong.. use detail, use proper explanations, use case scenario examples. quotes, etc

but Franky, don't you see? You use endless "logic" and examples, you wallpaper the place with it, and it's frequently got severely faulty details. You have a habit of getting 65% of the prosaic details perfect, but then getting the remaining 35% totally wrong, and it's usually the parts that are most important.

it made me laugh even more that rather then learning indepth and understanding to then make a coherant rebuttle using real facts, real case scenario's.. all you blockstream shills can do is just say "you are wrong".. without getting into the detail of why, you just write waffle to twist words i said to show you didnt even understand what i was saying.

I haven't got time to address your wall-to-wall errors, I'd be here all day long (btw, is this your job?)

Suffice to say: you're wrong about SegWit

"It breaks backward compatibility slightly..." duh, it's an upgrade. To a network. What sort of magic are you expecting, full network compatibility with Bitcoin 0.1, OKPAY, Square? American Express maybe?

Vires in numeris
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 01:15:00 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2016, 01:32:02 AM by hdbuck

meh stoned kid..

https://archive.is/55IKs

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 08:21:01 AM

meh stoned kid..
According to the 'opposing' party this does not matter at all and "Core is totalitarian" because they're very professional and trying to improve Bitcoin in the best way possible. Just listen to the interview that I've posted on the previous page and compare how Toomin speaks to Maxwell. The difference is astronomical.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
valiz

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

BTC trader

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 01:57:36 PM

These people are done. Cannot merge a pull request wanna be core developers. I laugh every time.
Seems they are stuck at rebranding and the readme file. Last merged pull request 6 days ago.

Latest commit e2f30f8 6 days ago

Also, they are debating for how much of the hash rate should they target for the fork.

At this pace, they will fork in 2020.

12c3DnfNrfgnnJ3RovFpaCDGDeS6LMkfTN "who lives by QE dies by QE"
watashi-kokoto

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 02:08:04 PM

I hope they decrease difficulty in their fork. And then instamine 999999 bigblock BTC and dump it on their believers.
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 1208

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 02:49:45 PM

Just listen to the interview that I've posted on the previous page and compare how Toomin speaks to Maxwell. The difference is astronomical.
He is Michael Toomin, the brother of Jonathan Toomim, who is leading Bitcoin Classic.

Did you know this? Are you a liar spreading FUD as many other?

Did you know that they are two brothers?

The Michael's job is making a good system to ask for opinions about the line that Bitcoin Classic should follow:
https://bitcoinclassic.consider.it

Still, comparing the abilities and competence of two people just because their way of speaking is naive at best.

There are marketers that are able to speak about things that they really don't know, and still they are able easily sell it.

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 03:03:35 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2016, 03:16:43 PM by Lauda

He is Michael Toomin, the brother of Jonathan Toomim, who is leading Bitcoin Classic.

Did you know this? Are you a liar spreading FUD as many other?

Did you know that they are two brothers?
So exactly what did I do wrong? I'm a liar who's spreading FUD because I linked an interview where Michael Toomin is being interviewed? Did I maybe falsify the interview?  Roll Eyes
I have did nothing wrong, stop trying to find ways of attacking people who are involved in the discussion. Thank you.

These people are done. Cannot merge a pull request wanna be core developers. I laugh every time.
I dislike their promotion of their own site though. How could people call out the Core developers because of Blockstream when the Toomin brothers are very concerned with their own platform?

Update:
If you had listened to the interview before posting nonsense you would know that it was Micheal Toomin.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 03:18:58 PM

A toomin is a toomin. scammer et al.

Anyway, i see hostfat flying at the rescue of the weak and defenceless..

Such hero. Social media justice much.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 04:13:36 PM

There are marketers that are able to speak about things that they really don't know, and still they are able easily sell it.

How does that explain how badly the big-blocks-as-a-coup-attempt is going? Oh yeah, you're trying to tell lies about the "truth machine", that's gonna work.

Vires in numeris
iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 10:33:33 AM

Jonathan Toomim on Bitcoin Classic: everything can be voted on, including 21M coins limit

1|Jonathan Toomim:2016-01-20 07:54:15:everything can be voted on
1|Guy Corem:2016-01-20 07:54:23:Including 21M ?
1|Jonathan Toomim:2016-01-20 07:54:27:yes

http://pastebin.com/index/B8YQr5TQ

https://bitcoinclassic.consider.it/21-million

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 02:34:28 PM

Jonathan Toomim on Bitcoin Classic: everything can be voted on, including 21M coins limit

1|Jonathan Toomim:2016-01-20 07:54:15:everything can be voted on
1|Guy Corem:2016-01-20 07:54:23:Including 21M ?
1|Jonathan Toomim:2016-01-20 07:54:27:yes

http://pastebin.com/index/B8YQr5TQ

https://bitcoinclassic.consider.it/21-million

Well, in truth it could be changed. However the voting in the link above shows how popular an idea that would be.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 02:48:56 PM

Well, in truth it could be changed. However the voting in the link above shows how popular an idea that would be.
There is a problem with a centralized voting platform and I'm pretty sure that you are going to figure it out yourself if you think about it. The votes could suddenly start dissapearing or changing sides (in addition to other things e.g. sybil attacks as recently demonstrated).

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 03:16:27 PM

funny thing is that although i hate classic due to the banker debate. (not related to code or blockchain)

core is not that much better in regards to the 21m coin cap..(is related to code and blockchain)
pieter wuille of segwit/core fame himself wanted a change to the coin cap.
new coins every 200 years. so the core devs are not so innocent either https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/BIP_0042

so can we just ignore the implementations that are done by negative social drama.(both camps)

and find a way to have clean code implementations of:
2mb block
segwit
without bad code or social ramifications thus not having to worry about who or why.. because ultimately whats in the code is important..

even if that means 100+ coders release both implementations, to allow decentralized choice without the worry of hidden agenda or single source of downloads. and then let the community choose which features they want the most.
and only when consensus has agreed to high readiness for whichever implementation is better.. the miners and merchants then and only then upgrade once consensus and readiness has been shown.

it will atleast stop the debate of only 2 sources of control, and opens up the decentralization of code. because part of the social debate has been that core wants only one download location of implementation(theirs) which isnt decentralized or as open as believed, and can lead to corruption from within. if we all ust download from one location.

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 03:18:00 PM

pieter wuille of segwit/core fame himself wanted a change to the coin cap.
new coins every 200 years. so the core devs are not so innocent either https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/BIP_0042
Created: 2014-04-01
01.04.2014. How can you not see it?

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 123 »
  Print  

Jump to: