Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:15:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ToominCoin aka "Bitcoin_Classic" #R3KT  (Read 157066 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
steeev

Activity: 128
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 10:29:46 PM

ha! they all come trooping out -ha!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2016, 10:36:11 PM

Is it not obvious which are the paid shills and which are uneducated trolls? The picture should be pretty clear by now. Don't expect this to be over though, another controversial HF might be just around the corner!

Why would you frame it this way ? You really are losing a lot of credibility.
He's a failed troll that I've put on ignore long ago because he fails to understand basic concepts no matter how many times you explain it to him. You would be better off spending your time doing something else.

Say Kool-Aid again,

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
madjules007

Activity: 400
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 10:46:56 PM

But... But I was told non-mining nodes are essential to Bitcoin security and decentralizationings Huh
And I when I told you that non-mining nodes are irrelevant, because trivially faked, you got upset...
And now ...you're telling me that non-mining nodes are irrelevant, because trivially faked? Shocked

Non-mining nodes are essential to security and decentralization. That doesn't mean that we have good (or complete) information about node counts. The former is a statement about how miners' selfish interests are balanced. The latter is just an acknowledgment that nodes can be Sybils -- that node count, particular over the short term, is not the most realistic measure of node proportions among incompatible softwares. One indication that a Sybil attack is occurring right now: comparing to overall node counts 1 month ago, when there were no Classic nodes, 65% of Classic nodes are "new", i.e. not Core nodes switching to Classic, which is contrary to the larger trend in node health. The picture is further obscured by that fact that pseudonode (NotXT) was released for Classic, so presumably people are also actively spoofing Classic nodes with the intention of later shutting them down.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
steeev

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 10:51:43 PM

Is it not obvious which are the paid shills and which are uneducated trolls? The picture should be pretty clear by now. Don't expect this to be over though, another controversial HF might be just around the corner!

Why would you frame it this way ? You really are losing a lot of credibility.
He's a failed troll that I've put on ignore long ago because he fails to understand basic concepts no matter how many times you explain it to him. You would be better off spending your time doing something else.

Say Kool-Aid again,

i just thought it was a tag team thing - badcop/worsecop...

handling them must be like having an obstreperous dwarf by the forehead...
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4465

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 10:52:31 PM

Why would you frame it this way ? If you are to ignore all the other differences in proposals the difference in capacity is 1.7-2MB for Core vs 2MB for classic.... In other words shouldn't you revise your statements to discuss other differences because we clearly are supporting segwit with 1.7-2 MB? You really are losing a lot of credibility.

nah. segwit PROPOSES 1.7 equivelent worth of transactions... and then 2 months later bloat up transactions with more opcodes and features. bringing transactions per second back down..

EG
imagine that there are 2000 transactions potential for 1mb, thats 4000 potential for 2mb
with segwit its 3400 for 2 months and then 2000 once all their fiddly additions are added.

if you dont believe me. ask the dev's on IRC how many bytes are needed to add things like payment codes. how many bytes the ID is in the witness merkle to link back into the main merkle. (hint, its not less than 70 bytes)

however a 2mb+segwit is 4000 transactions + all the features

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
madjules007

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 10:56:31 PM

nah. segwit PROPOSES 1.7 equivelent worth of transactions... and then 2 months later bloat up transactions with more opcodes and features. bringing transactions per second back down..

Have you proposed a plan to stop the use of multi-sig transactions? Because they represent more "bloat" than standard transactions. Should the goal of bitcoin be to prevent the development of any and all useful features that may take up more size than standard transactions?

It seems more sensible for developers to optimize such increased throughput. Hence...segwit.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 10:57:34 PM

Why would you frame it this way ? If you are to ignore all the other differences in proposals the difference in capacity is 1.7-2MB for Core vs 2MB for classic.... In other words shouldn't you revise your statements to discuss other differences because we clearly are supporting segwit with 1.7-2 MB? You really are losing a lot of credibility.

EG
imagine that there are 2000 transactions potential for 1mb, thats 4000 potential for 2mb
with segwit its 3400 for 2 months and then 2000 once all their fiddly additions are added.

Ahh... well feels like deja vu again...

Your math doesn't add up , and you are incorrectly speculating on manners you have already been corrected on. You simply don't care about the facts when you are repeatedly corrected thus can be ignored.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 10:58:28 PM

Bitcoin's R3KT. Try some Moneros maybe?
No and no.
The shoe already dropped. The exodus into altcoins is underway. Here, have an Ether?

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
madjules007

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 10:59:13 PM

I've corrected Franky's math more times than I can count at this point. I've come to the conclusion that he is either completely hopeless or a paid shill.

Have you proposed a plan to stop the use of multi-sig transactions? Because they represent more "bloat" than standard transactions. Should the goal of bitcoin be to prevent the development of any and all useful features that may take up more size than standard transactions?

It seems more sensible for developers to optimize such increased throughput. Hence...segwit.

learn to read

Wat?

Are you suggesting that segwit does not serve to optimize the increased throughput of multi-sig transactions? I suspect my comment went completely over your head.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 11:00:45 PM

Ahh... well feels like deja vu again...

Your math doesn't add up , and you are incorrectly speculating on manners you have already been corrected on. You simply don't care about the facts when you are repeatedly corrected thus can be ignored.

my maths does not assume the average of 4000 transactions is 1.7mb with segwit.(because i know its more than 1.7mb)

i just used the 1.7mb as it was a number you assumed so i was just playing on your mindset to get to the mainpoint, because you would have knit picked more if i argued that 1.7mb was wrong

the reason i have said that 1mb of current style transactions is 2000 average. because that is based on the average transaction count of the blocks that actually bother to fill blocks. and before you knit pick ill clear the matter up.. ITS AN AVERAGE, NOT A HARD RULE

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 11:06:26 PM

Are you suggesting that segwit does not serve to optimize the increased throughput of multi-sig transactions? I suspect my comment went completely over your head.

it didnt go over my head, i just think that YOU have not thought deeply enough about all the factors and that your point has not even grown enough to be above your ankle..

so i stepped over it because you wont understand it

blunderer

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 11:07:17 PM

But... But I was told non-mining nodes are essential to Bitcoin security and decentralizationings Huh
And I when I told you that non-mining nodes are irrelevant, because trivially faked, you got upset...
And now ...you're telling me that non-mining nodes are irrelevant, because trivially faked? Shocked

Non-mining nodes are essential to security and decentralization. That doesn't mean that we have good (or complete) information about node counts. The former is a statement about how miners' selfish interests are balanced.

All the non-mining nodes wallets currently running could be replicated within ... I'll let your buddy answer
The latter is just an acknowledgment that nodes can be Sybils -- that node count, particular over the short term, is not the most realistic measure of node proportions among incompatible softwares. One indication that a Sybil attack is occurring right now: comparing to overall node counts 1 month ago, when there were no Classic nodes, 65% of Classic nodes are "new", i.e. not Core nodes switching to Classic, which is contrary to the larger trend in node health. The picture is further obscured by that fact that pseudonode (NotXT) was released for Classic, so presumably people are also actively spoofing Classic nodes with the intention of later shutting them down.

TL;DR: Bitcoin relies on "nodes [...] essential to security and decentralization," a mechanism both trivial to bypass/defeat by creating legit nodes on VM instances & spoofing.
Faith restored, sinking all my money into this shit Roll Eyes
steeev

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 11:10:08 PM

any of you boys ever heard the fraze

'it's all over bar the shouting'   ?
madjules007

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 11:29:43 PM

Non-mining nodes are essential to security and decentralization. That doesn't mean that we have good (or complete) information about node counts. The former is a statement about how miners' selfish interests are balanced.

All the non-mining nodes wallets currently running could be replicated within ... I'll let your buddy answer

That's a lot harder to argue. I said data on nodes is incomplete -- not altogether useless. Operating a node means expending resources on bandwidth, storage -- those have costs. That's why the key to this data is in short term vs. long term analysis. It would be astronomically more expensive to operate 5000-8000 Core nodes over the past two years than it would be to spin up 800 Classic nodes over the past week. That the data is not completely transparent does not mean we should ignore it entirely.

The latter is just an acknowledgment that nodes can be Sybils -- that node count, particular over the short term, is not the most realistic measure of node proportions among incompatible softwares. One indication that a Sybil attack is occurring right now: comparing to overall node counts 1 month ago, when there were no Classic nodes, 65% of Classic nodes are "new", i.e. not Core nodes switching to Classic, which is contrary to the larger trend in node health. The picture is further obscured by that fact that pseudonode (NotXT) was released for Classic, so presumably people are also actively spoofing Classic nodes with the intention of later shutting them down.

TL;DR: Bitcoin relies on "nodes [...] essential to security and decentralization," a mechanism both trivial to bypass/defeat by creating legit nodes on VM instances & spoofing.
Faith restored, sinking all my money into this shit Roll Eyes

Nothing here indicates that the node consensus mechanism is trivial or easy to bypass. Pseudonodes aren't even operating with the new fork's consensus rules. What we're saying is that the numbers can give the appearance that Classic has significant node support even if it doesn't.

This is why node centralization is relevant. What used to be over 10,000 nodes is now closer to 5,000. The more bandwidth pressure we put on nodes, the less nodes we have, and the easier it is to mount a Sybil attack, such as the one Classic backers are currently mounting.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
madjules007

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 11:35:20 PM

it didnt go over my head, i just think that YOU have not thought deeply enough about all the factors and that your point has not even grown enough to be above your ankle..

so i stepped over it because you wont understand it

As I thought.

So you are here complaining that future features will bloat the blockchain. Never mind that multi-sig transactions bloat the blockchain -- and that segwit was developed to optimize them.

Again, let's optimize features (like Confidential Transactions) to account for the increased throughput they may require. Let's not use them as a baseless excuse to push a contentious hard fork.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 11:36:15 PM

Nothing here indicates that the node consensus mechanism is trivial or easy to bypass. Pseudonodes aren't even operating with the new fork's consensus rules. What we're saying is that the numbers can give the appearance that Classic has significant node support even if it doesn't.

This is why node centralization is relevant. What used to be over 10,000 nodes is now closer to 5,000. The more bandwidth pressure we put on nodes, the less nodes we have, and the easier it is to mount a Sybil attack, such as the one Classic backers are currently mounting.

segwit 'no witness mode' takes a full node away from being a fullnode and into being just a compatible node.

centralization is where there is only one source of code. so blockstream wanting to be the only source of a fullnode. is them centralizing and then lowering the distribution of fullnodes by allowing a non-witness mode and wrongfully telling them its ok to not accept witness data

as for saying that everyone that wants 2mb is a "classic backer" shows your narrowmindedness..

oh and if you think that blockstream is winning the debate.. ill use lauda's data from an earlier post (grey and yellow show recent decisions on direction)

madjules007

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 11:42:46 PM

segwit 'no witness mode' takes a full node away from being a fullnode and into being just a compatible node.

centralization is where there is only one source of code. so blockstream wanting to be the only source of a fullnode. is them centralizing and then lowering the distribution of fullnodes by allowing a non-witness mode and wrongfully telling them its ok to not accept witness data

as for saying that everyone that wants 2mb is a "classic backer" shows your narrowmindedness..

Narrow-minded? What other 2MB software is currently available?

Regarding the signature chain:

In a nutshell, and IMO, there are two ways to approach the increased cost (upload bandwidth) of increased throughput, all else equal. We can externalize the cost to all nodes -- but then we can expect a drop in all nodes. Alternatively, we can distribute the cost to those who are using it (and who can pay for it).

Can you provide an estimate of the cost for an attacker to exploit the signature chain, if this is a real threat? If you are suggesting that segwit is a security threat, could you provide examples?

If you are suggesting that trust is an issue, please provide some evidence of a potential attack vector and explain how it could be exploited.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
watashi-kokoto

Activity: 682
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 11:43:24 PM

Toomimtanic is sinking. It's time to pay homage to Gavin, at least he tried. I welcome every proposal to move Bitcoin forward, even if it turns out later to be wrong.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 11:47:08 PM

any of you boys ever heard the fraze

'it's all over bar the shouting'   ?

it doesn't matter because they are getting paid to do the shouting, win lose or draw ... wonder when the shills contracts run out? then we'll finally get some peace, hopefully this weekend when the puppet masters realise they are throwing good btc away on a fool's errand.

madjules007

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 11:52:06 PM

Given that many of the XT shills reinvented themselves as Classic shills, I imagine they'll be back to rally around the next fail fork. Too bad for them that "Classic" was a pretty good name. I doubt the next re-branding will sound so snazzy.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 123 »
  Print  

Jump to: