Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:08:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin will be at CES2013 (Official Thread)  (Read 36602 times)
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 02:28:42 PM

It could be worse. Imagine Amir Taaki being at that booth.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2013, 02:45:33 PM

Put your money where your mouth is: bet against "Butterfly Labs ASIC is real".

If you are right that BFL are scammers, then you will roughly triple your coins (there is only 51.55 BTC on your side, but 109.74 BTC on mine). But I suppose you are going to invent some excuse for not betting, like every single person in my sig...

I, too like to check on betsofbitco.in to see the latest estimates of ASIC and other events but I don't need to bet myself to use it as an indicator. Those invested in BFL surely are the most interested betters in this bet and maybe even BFL team members take side in an attempt to drive trust but no matter what, 60% confidence in a business not being a scam is a terrible standing. They lack PR big time and the only investments in PR are adwords to buy more? Seriously?
I don't have an opinion on whether they are scammers or not apart from that bet and "not shipping" might just as well include having produced chips that cost all the money but didn't work but what's the point in going to the CES when it produces 100% negative news? No announcement¹ that would justify going there and what on earth are they selling to the people that come to the boot without a clue about bitcoin? Is there any video of their average Joe pitch?

¹Ok, as an android developer, the android miner got me a little interested but I have no clue how hard it is. Maybe a $2k job, maybe a $20k job.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2013, 03:16:04 PM

and posted in this thread that I would be back tomorrow film a fact-based analysis of what equipment Butterfly Labs brought to CES and how they cannot demonstrate even one ASIC mining chip I knew when I walked in they wouldn't show off the devices and let someone inventory the 7 items or photograph them closely with the whatever megapixel camera I'm carrying around in this phablet.  

BFL brought a box of fans + 3 cases + 2 Androids + 1 FPGA miner that my or may not work.  This is fact.  I come to film this, they call CES security. Maybe another reporter can go and photograph and film the equipment tomorrow during the last day of CES and ask them why they bothered to bring the box of fans.

Micon, you do realize that hundreds of people have taken high resolution photos with real cameras of our equipment this week.  Up close and personal.  You would have been welcome to as well if you were not stomping around, twitching and cussing at the booth people, fake pass and all.  Also, you fail to note that I made absolutely no attempt to stop you from filming anything and you could, in fact, have filmed the equipment up close if you so chose.  But you to try to be cute and "interview" me the same way you "interviewed" Dave, which I have no doubt would have resulted in you stomping around and cussing at people again.

If you really want photos, I suspect you can contact the Bitclocker folks for some.  They came by and were very friendly and interesting to talk to.  I even disassembled the minirig for them to snap pictures of the inside of the "box of fans."  They took a number of up close pictures of both the singles and the minirig... I'm sure they can supply you with "megapixel" quality shots equivalent to your "totally awesome" Galaxy Note 2.

But you were right about one thing... I do regret that encounter.  I still can't get the smell of your BO out of my nose, ugh.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
lucif

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 03:18:13 PM

Yeah! I got this closeup photo! Nice one!

mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 03:22:53 PM

This is why we can't have nice things.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 03:35:49 PM

and posted in this thread that I would be back tomorrow film a fact-based analysis of what equipment Butterfly Labs brought to CES and how they cannot demonstrate even one ASIC mining chip I knew when I walked in they wouldn't show off the devices and let someone inventory the 7 items or photograph them closely with the whatever megapixel camera I'm carrying around in this phablet.  

BFL brought a box of fans + 3 cases + 2 Androids + 1 FPGA miner that my or may not work.  This is fact.  I come to film this, they call CES security. Maybe another reporter can go and photograph and film the equipment tomorrow during the last day of CES and ask them why they bothered to bring the box of fans.

Micon, you do realize that hundreds of people have taken high resolution photos with real cameras of our equipment this week.  Up close and personal.  You would have been welcome to as well if you were not stomping around, twitching and cussing at the booth people, fake pass and all.  Also, you fail to note that I made absolutely no attempt to stop you from filming anything and you could, in fact, have filmed the equipment up close if you so chose.  But you to try to be cute and "interview" me the same way you "interviewed" Dave, which I have no doubt would have resulted in you stomping around and cussing at people again.

If you really want photos, I suspect you can contact the Bitclocker folks for some.  They came by and were very friendly and interesting to talk to.  I even disassembled the minirig for them to snap pictures of the inside of the "box of fans."  They took a number of up close pictures of both the singles and the minirig... I'm sure they can supply you with "megapixel" quality shots equivalent to your "totally awesome" Galaxy Note 2.

But you were right about one thing... I do regret that encounter.  I still can't get the smell of your BO out of my nose, ugh.

Bitclockers is still around? I would have thought they'd be dumped and abandoned as miners went to honest pools that don't steal from them.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 07:06:39 PM

That's why i put it in quotes so I could define anyway I wish. Like for example it is the opposite of what you took it to mean.

You don't change the definition of a word by quoting it. Way to be misunderstood... 2nd time I say it: you need to learn to communicate more clearly, if you want to be understood.

I can change the definition to mean what I want it to. Whether or not you GET IT does not matter to me. You have no control over what I choose to have a word mean or not. Nor do I care if you understand me or not in a clear manner. You actually think that I CARE IF PEOPLE UNDERSTAND ME.

You fail hard. So hard that you resort to betting and insisting that people put money on the line because of what I believe or not to be true.

You make tons of assumptions.

Keep failing hard.

AGAIN I ASK: HOW MUCH DO YOU HAVE IN BFL PREORDERS? OH RIGHT BECAUSE YOU ARE EMBARRASSED TO SHARE THAT INFO LOL!!!

Grin Grin Grin

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

lucif

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 08:57:44 PM

I'll just leave it here. Image is clickable.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 09:29:18 PM

Hey Josh,

You have to resort to kindergarten type insults to deflect attention concerning your NONEXISTENT ASIC devices that are now at least 70 days late on delivery?

You fail so hard! lol

Go buy a fucking clue.  Grin Grin Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

lucif

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 09:47:34 PM

If Josh have nothing to say to investors, he will probably will have to something to say to SEC
Frizz23

Activity: 1162

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 09:51:54 PM

Micon, you do realize that hundreds of people have taken high resolution photos with real cameras of our equipment this week.

What's the point of taking pictures of empty boxes?

You said yourself in an interview that you posted on your website :

David Perry: "So this is just a case ... you don't actually have ASICs ready?
Josh: "Um... right ... but we are eagerly awaiting them as everybody else I'm sure ..."

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
the_thing

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 09:57:13 PM

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP"   
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"     
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2013, 10:00:20 PM

1)  The general hubris you display both IRL and on these forums will be your downfall.

2)  You claim a few time I was "Stomping around" and "cussing" at the Bitpay booth.  Here is a cued video of you cussing at me:  http://youtu.be/UlWrmIqGs3Y?t=2m40s  if you would like more context, rewind a bit:  http://youtu.be/UlWrmIqGs3Y?t=2m19s  

3) I saw Dave recording me while I was recording you.  You say many times I was the one stomping around and cussing go ahead and post your unedited video as I have.  Let's take a look and see who is lying.

4)  My galaxy Note 2 is > than both your $100 Androids that you brought to CES.  Making fun of the device, arguable the hottest Android phone out there, makes you look even more foolish than when you handed me a quarter at CES.

5)  The cold, hard truth stares you in the face, and you will never reply publicly to the fact-based account of the equipment you brought to CES:

3x plastic cases
1 Box of fans
1 FPGA miner, working condition unknown
2x ~$100 Androids

obviously you wont' be responding to #5.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Frizz23

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 10:35:37 PM

Oh get a tape measure out and just finish the pissing content already...

One of you will be saying "I told you so" in the near future. The other will slink off having been ridiculed by the entire Bitcoin community.
Until that point, chill the hell out...

Go back to BFL lala land forums and shut the f*uck up.

Dansker

Activity: 740

Hello world!

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 10:42:43 PM

This thread is starting to sound like an online religious debate. And perhaps it is.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 10:43:36 PM

Josh has selective responses. Can't admit what the truth is. Next week will be more excuses why the ASIC chips are delayed.

Those who preordered should cancel, get a refund, and just buy bitcoins that is much more productive investing.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 10:44:31 PM

For those of you wondering why I told him to buy a clue, he was berating one of my employees and cussing at them, in public, at our booth and making a general scene yesterday, stomping around and yelling "IS IT JUST A FUCKING BOX WITH A FANS?!" over and over. Yes, he was literally stomping around like a child.  I figured that was the end of it, but apparently he decided to show up again today, so I was ready for him.

Of course I am not going to speak about the financials of BFL, but anyone with even a modicum of common sense would understand that 20k Bitcoins while not quite a trivial amount, is a tiny fraction.

So, are you disputing the part where your scam wasted a lot of people's BTC and trying to convince us it really is very little, or are you actually denying your product at the CES is a box of fans?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
mccorvic

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 10:45:41 PM

This thread is starting to sound like an online religious debate. And perhaps it is.

I think it's more that the conspiracy theorists are just really, really pumped that one of their conspiracies may just possibly for once prove to be true!

I, on the other hand, wish people would just express their doubts and chill out. They ain't doin' nobodies no favors flipping out and ranting like a crazy person.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
Frizz23

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 11:12:05 PM

I've already requested Josh's video on the BFL forums.

He won't publish it. All you get from Josh are weasel comments & excuses & blatant lies.

lucif

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 11:15:14 PM

TCR Submitted Successfully - Reference Number: TCR1357902718572

Please refer to this number for futher correspondence with SEC officer regarding Butterfly Labs Inc case.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: