Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 02:28:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on Zcash?  (Read 123327 times)
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 09:19:18 AM

I guess it's a race to the bottom and we'll see 0.1 by the end of this week.
Was looking into ZEC a few weeks ago and decided not to invest - very glad I didn't now. Maybe I'll reconsider in a few weeks time once the price has stabilised.
loremipsum

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 09:44:46 AM

I guess it's a race to the bottom and we'll see 0.1 by the end of this week.
Was looking into ZEC a few weeks ago and decided not to invest - very glad I didn't now. Maybe I'll reconsider in a few weeks time once the price has stabilised.

The price will not stabilize in a few weeks, it will be a few months before this happens. Be carefull about buying ZEC now!

shintosai

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 11:48:23 AM

Zcash will be 0.2 btc by Wednesday. It's falling hard.
Oh boy thats the reason i dont want to visit polo or trex as of now knowing that its really falling hard i got it when price still at .6btc thinking that it will bounce back after retrace but to my surprise price continue to fall might be another alts hype that traps me hope to see the rebound will hold it instead of make a big loss.

g3rszpi

Activity: 728

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 12:12:51 PM

Oh boy thats the reason i dont want to visit polo or trex as of now knowing that its really falling hard i got it when price still at .6btc thinking that it will bounce back after retrace but to my surprise price continue to fall might be another alts hype that traps me hope to see the rebound will hold it instead of make a big loss.
The supply is growing continuosly so imo there will be a few pumps but no stable price increasement.
Palider

Activity: 1273
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 12:38:02 PM

The supply is growing continuosly so imo there will be a few pumps but no stable price increasement.

For now now to a few months later, the price will be lower. But the profitability for miners will reduce less.
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 01:16:46 PM

Think I'll save my funds for another coin. Doesn't seem like a great investment at this point - unless its possible to time the pumps and dumps correctly - which I'm always very bad at =)
Oilacris

Activity: 3052
Merit: 616

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 01:32:21 PM

Just  as expected    this  coin  would surely  dump  hard  on the  long  run. The  hype  have depleted  already   and  i  consider  it as a   pump and dump coin, as you can see  on its price its  hype  on  the  top price of  3300  btc which  is   already  high   and some   investors are joining on the   hype thats  why  it rose  its  price  like that  but  now   the price  have been   decreased to  0.4  now at poloniex  which we could really expect  it would  go down even more.
TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 02:15:09 PM

LMAO no sympathy here.  AS USUAL sheep running like stupid flock to overhyped and WAY over priced coin which has noting.  Not only that but a BUG that makes it NOT ANON?!  And you wondered why I was hating on it eh? It's NOT TRUE ANON Wink  Cool BAM lol....

It will keep dropping, miners laughing as they sell with whales playing the price non stop.  Very sad with so many bag holders.  It WILL prob pump again but who knows when/where, and who knows where bottom is.

As usual, buy something SOLID like WBB which is on the path to glory and not something down the drain like ZEC (maybe in one year it will be good).
juguelio

Activity: 687

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 03:47:58 PM

A coin founded by US and Israel makes me shiver...

I'd go for NAV Coin's double encryption and subchain Anon Tech...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=679791.0

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

NAV COIN ANONYMOUS SUBCHAIN TRANSACTIONS ▪ NAVCOIN.ORG BITCOINTALK.ORG
numismatist
Legendary

Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 06:06:51 PM

The Short of the year!

RocketPie

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 07:29:23 PM

coin shows its true value on poloniex
True value is determined through cost of mining. I have a 10 Sol/s contract for 4 months with www.Zcash-Miner.com which costs me 0.125 BTC. I am mining since Genesis block and mined 0.01047092 ZEC so far. So, true value of 1 ZEC right now should be 0.125/0.01047092, i.e. 11.93782399 BTC. As more coins are mined, true value is expected to go down and settle at 1 BTC. Whatever value is shown right now on various exchanges are result of trading.
I think, we'll see true value of Zcash on January 1, 2017, which will be close to a Ether value. Basically, yesterday's Ethereum hash power is backing today's Zcash hash power.
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 08:17:02 PM

Oh well. 3 or 4 days mining and I'm out. Sold my coin.
Actually disappointed. The worst altcoin I ever mined!
That's saying something...
Haha, at least it was only 3-4 days worth of mining rather than a month or so. Looks like XMR and LSK are doing better today, probably off the back of Zcash.
Ab-Soul

Activity: 647

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 08:23:21 PM

Zcash was a miners dream but it looks like it's already over. People switched back to Ethereum.

▄██▄
          ▄██▀▀██▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██▄
      ▄██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▄
    ▄██▀  ▄██▀▀██▄  ▀██▄
  ▄██▀  ▄██▀    ▀██▄  ▀██▄
▄██▀  ▄██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▄  ▀██▄
▀██▄▄██▀  ▄██▀▀██▄  ▀██▄▄██▀
  ███▀  ▄██▀    ▀██▄  ▀███
▄██▀▀████▀        ▀████▀▀██▄
▀██▄▄████▄        ▄████▄▄██▀
  ███▄  ▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▄███
▄██▀▀██▄  ▀██▄▄██▀  ▄██▀▀██▄
▀██▄  ▀██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▀  ▄██▀
  ▀██▄  ▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▄██▀
    ▀██▄  ▀██▄▄██▀  ▄██▀
      ▀██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██▀
          ▀██▄▄██▀
            ▀██▀
DAOstack
     ██
    ██
   ██ 
  ██  ███
 ██  █████
██  ███████
 ██  █████
  ██  ███
   ██ 
    ██
     ██
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ◆ ◆ ◆  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
.COMPLETE TOOLS FOR DECENTRALIZED COLLABORATION AT SCALE.

██
     ██
   █  ██
  ███  ██
 █████  ██
███████  ██
 █████  ██
  ███  ██
   █  ██
     ██
    ██

▄███▄
▄███████▄
▄███████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▄████     █▀████████▄
▄██████  ██ █  ▀████████▄
▄████████  ▄▄ █    ▀████████▄
▄██████████  ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▄
▀██████████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███████▀
▀██████  ▀▀▀▀▀     █████▀
▀████            ███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀███████████▀
▀███████▀
▀███▀

▄███▄
▄███████▄
▄███████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▄█████████████▀▀▀███▄
▄█████████▀▀▀      █████▄
▄█████▀▀▀       ▄    ███████▄
▄████▄         ▄█▀    ██████████▄
▀███████▄    ▄█▀      ██████████▀
▀████████▄█▀       █████████▀
▀████████  ▄     ███████▀
▀██████ ███▄  ██████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀███████████▀
▀███████▀
▀███▀
▄███▄
▄███████▄
▄███████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀████▄
▄████ ▀███████     ▀▄███▄
▄██████   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄██████▄
▄█████████              ████████▄
████████████             ██████████
▀███████████▄          █████████▀
▀█████████▀        ▄████████▀
▀███▀▀        ▄▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀███████████▀
▀███████▀
▀███▀
paycum

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 08:26:55 PM

True value is determined through cost of mining. I have a 10 Sol/s contract for 4 months with www.Zcash-Miner.com which costs me 0.125 BTC. I am mining since Genesis block and mined 0.01047092 ZEC so far. So, true value of 1 ZEC right now should be 0.125/0.01047092, i.e. 11.93782399 BTC. As more coins are mined, true value is expected to go down and settle at 1 BTC. Whatever value is shown right now on various exchanges are result of trading.

absolutely disagree. there is a big difference in the "break even point" for miners and the real zec value.

most importantly is that a) about 214,000 zec is bought for only $4.6 per zec by the first investors, b) another 132,000 zec is bought for $15 per zec, and c) the amount of zec available will increase fast which lowers the price.

With current prices investors get a insanely high roi by selling coins, and dont forget about 20% of all mined coins go to the investors.

im not saying they will sell all, but you must be a crazy investor to not secure at least part of your giant earnings.

and value is always based on ask/demand. therefore looking at the above im prety sure real value for coming months will be somewhere around $25 - $50 usd or so, maybe $100-$250 over time in case it gets popular or when it gets hyped or pumped.

if i had to guess we will see a price of 0.05 and 0.1 btc sooner then you think.
Today ZEC keeps their chairs in the 0.45 and I just voted about your statement (+1) totally considering the supply and demand will show me a real evidence about the price will fall again. My hope the price will below of the ETH rate. that's will be more reasonable in my mind.  Grin

hehe thx for voting Smiley

but it will be a fun coin to watch whatever happens. and another possible option for it to rebounce a bit again is when investors have a floor in mind. you have seen this with other coins like paycoin. investors tried to manipulate the market by placing huge btc floors and pumping the coin by buying and selling to themselves.

bot ok, thats pure speculation, but wherever big money is involved extra factors always begin playing a huge role.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
DanDan

Activity: 739

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 08:28:56 PM

Nothing going to happen here for months because of the low mining reward. Check back in 9 months and things may be different but for now its going to be boring.

.BITSLER.                 ▄███
               ▄████▀
             ▄████▀
           ▄████▀  ▄██▄
         ▄████▀    ▀████▄
       ▄████▀        ▀████▄
     ▄████▀            ▀████▄
   ▄████▀                ▀████▄
 ▄████▀ ▄████▄      ▄████▄ ▀████▄
█████   ██████      ██████   █████
 ▀████▄ ▀████▀      ▀████▀ ▄████▀
   ▀████▄                ▄████▀
     ▀████▄            ▄████▀
       ▀████▄        ▄████▀
         ▀████▄    ▄████▀
           ▀████▄▄████▀
             ▀██████▀
               ▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄             
▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█▄▄ ▀▀▄         
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       
█  ▀▄▄  ▀█▀▀ ▄      ▀████   ▀▀▄   
█ █▄  ▀▄   ▀████       ▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ▀▀       ▀▄▄ ▀████      ▄▄▄▀▀▀  █
█            ▄ ▀▄    ▄▄▄▀▀▀   ▄▄  █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ ▄▄   ███   ▀██  █           ▀▀  █ 
█ ███  ▀██       █        ▄▄      █ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   
▀▄            █        ▀▀      █   
▀▀▄   ███▄  █   ▄▄          █   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     
▀▀▄   █   ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀         
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▀▀▀▀               
              ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄
        ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄     ▄█████▀             ▀█████▄
██▄▄ █████▀                ▀█████
 ████████            ▄██      █████
  ████████▄         ███▀       ████▄
  █████████▀▀     ▄███▀        █████
   █▀▀▀          █████         █████
     ▄▄▄         ████          █████
   █████          ▀▀           ████▀
    █████                     █████
     █████▄                 ▄█████
      ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
         ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       █▀▀ ▄█████████████▄ ▀▀█
     █▀▀ ███████████████████ ▀▀█
    █▀ ███████████████████████ ▀█
   █▀ ███████████████▀▀ ███████ ▀█
 ▄█▀ ██████████████▀      ▀█████ ▀█▄
███ ███████████▀▀            ▀▀██ ███
███ ███████▀▀                     ███
███ ▀▀▀▀                          ███
▀██▄                             ▄██▀
  ▀█▄                            ▀▀
    █▄       █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
     █▄      ▀█████████▀
      ▀█▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄
            ▀▀█████
[]
Mr.Joker

Activity: 868

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 08:47:23 PM

Nothing going to happen here for months because of the low mining reward. Check back in 9 months and things may be different but for now its going to be boring.

Only thing that is happening is price will go to shit with high supply increase
Mr.Joker

Activity: 868

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 08:50:51 PM

absolutely disagree. there is a big difference in the "break even point" for miners and the real zec value.

most importantly is that a) about 214,000 zec is bought for only $4.6 per zec by the first investors, b) another 132,000 zec is bought for $15 per zec, and c) the amount of zec available will increase fast which lowers the price.

With current prices investors get a insanely high roi by selling coins, and dont forget about 20% of all mined coins go to the investors.

im not saying they will sell all, but you must be a crazy investor to not secure at least part of your giant earnings.

and value is always based on ask/demand. therefore looking at the above im prety sure real value for coming months will be somewhere around $25 - $50 usd or so, maybe $100-$250 over time in case it gets popular or when it gets hyped or pumped.

if i had to guess we will see a price of 0.05 and 0.1 btc sooner then you think.
Today ZEC keeps their chairs in the 0.45 and I just voted about your statement (+1) totally considering the supply and demand will show me a real evidence about the price will fall again. My hope the price will below of the ETH rate. that's will be more reasonable in my mind.  Grin

but it will be a fun coin to watch whatever happens. and another possible option for it to rebounce a bit again is when investors have a floor in mind. you have seen this with other coins like paycoin. investors tried to manipulate the market by placing huge btc floors and pumping the coin by buying and selling to themselves.

bot ok, thats pure speculation, but wherever big money is involved extra factors always begin playing a huge role.

The higher the price of the coin, the more btc you need to set a floor.

If 3000-4000 zec is being mined per day, at this current price you need 1200-1600BTC PER DAY to create floor
g3rszpi

Activity: 728

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 09:15:08 PM

The higher the price of the coin, the more btc you need to set a floor.

If 3000-4000 zec is being mined per day, at this current price you need 1200-1600BTC PER DAY to create floor
Plus you have to maintain some volume to not let the market stuck with a gap of 0.1 btc between sells and buys
o48o
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1137

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 12:15:11 AM

It will dive so hard...

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 12:19:45 AM

Indeed, that would appear to be the programme.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: