Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:07:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 [281] 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073027 times)
mistercashking
Legendary

Activity: 1044
Merit: 1050

@MRCASHKING

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 03:53:19 AM

Can we get more info about dApps? Is it like appstore or google store where you can buy games/apps with Lisk? If so, cool Wink

yup also someone can make a DAPP and then sell that dapp to anyone wanting to purchase the dapp to run it on their own.  There can be a whole ecosystem of people buying up small digital lisk businesses.

So have you guys figured out the potential flaw with  javascript yet?  I'm waiting.......
javascript is one of the most popular language. How do you think it has flaw?

So, the WBB guy still complaining...

If you have to attack Lisk to feel that your WBB Coins are safely valued, then the project you support is the one full of flaws.

And they are saying out there WBB will beat Lisk and Ethereum.

Don't take these guys so seriously...

lol at Wild Beast Bitcoin.  "Hey bro send me some wild beast bitcoin." lmfao "Hey Do you guys accept wild beast bitcoin?" lol Looks like alot of fluff tech no one will use in their ANN to try to pump the price.  Its a P&D coin. When it dumps I'll buy some to ride the next wave. lol

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 03:58:09 AM

Can we get more info about dApps? Is it like appstore or google store where you can buy games/apps with Lisk? If so, cool Wink

yup also someone can make a DAPP and then sell that dapp to anyone wanting to purchase the dapp to run it on their own.  There can be a whole ecosystem of people buying up small digital lisk businesses.

So have you guys figured out the potential flaw with  javascript yet?  I'm waiting.......

big companys won't work with javascript

Au contraitre my friend.

Actually EVERY big company uses Javascript:

https://trends.builtwith.com/docinfo/Javascript

...and btw, you think all those 100,000+ developers learned Javascrypt so they can work at small companies?

Well said MGM

What? Don't you know that most companies are moving from NATIVE apps (iPhone, Android) to HYBRID apps? (HTML5, JAVASCRIPT, CSS)
You should try doing a bit more research.
devking

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 03:59:57 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2016, 04:52:59 AM by devking

I'm a full stack developer and a early investor (2nd week). I like Lisk because of  JavaScript as main language. I have just started looking at the dapp development, noticed some serious security concerns with dapp development.

My understanding with dapps is (correct me if I'm wrong), a dapp is hostable component that exposes an http external api and is capable of doing some transactions (withdrawals and deposits). Every dapp can be hosted within in some sidechain. Users can access dapp functionality with the help of exposed api by passing secret and transaction info. It means you have to pass your pass phrase to every dapp you want to do a transaction lets say a withdrawal (paying to dapp owners).

Apple, Microsoft, and google stores are centralized. Every app has to go rigorous review process before getting published in stores ( I published few apps in google and windows stores). The review process mainly includes scanning for malicious code that exposes user phone to external attackers.

Situation 1:

Lisk has no such review process but the code can be viewed by others. Lets say if dapp included with some malicious code that records pass phrases somewhere (not in the dapp), lisk-cli just creates a foundation base for dapp development and users extends it with their own api. How lisk prevents user from accessing dapp and removes from store if malicious code found.  

Situation 2:

Lisk dapps and their sidechains can be hosted by third party entities. Lets say owner setup two VMS. One with actual sidechain with clean dapp code internally and installed a reverse proxy on another VM(that sits on external point and forwards request to internal VM that hosted dapp). The reverse proxy receives the request from user first and records pass phrase and then forwards same request to internal VM without modifying request headers.

Situation 3:

Man in the middle attacks.

If the dapp owner not hosting sidechain with SSL, How Lisk ensures user data not compromised.

Just wondering how lisk handles these situations and prevents owner from misusing pass phrases. Last year, I encountered similar issue with NXT and lost around 10K coins. I used a remote nxt web node to check my transactions frequently. I suspect they recorded my pass phrase and transferred my 10k to theirs account.

I think users shouldn't be forced to send pass phrases to dapp owners, its like sending your BTC private keys to others.

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
iambitcoin5

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:13:17 AM

Why does April 11th have to be so far away? I wish it was next week.  Cry

Did you go all in on lisk or something? Lol just be patient bro. April 11th will be here soon. Just relax and trade some shitcoins.
LOL at shitcoins  Grin But seriously I'm just excited and can't wait to watch the price and trade action.  Wink

forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:29:10 AM

when will this trade and launch ?

yolo
deadpoolx

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:53:22 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2016, 05:28:20 AM by deadpoolx

So, the WBB guy still complaining...

If you have to attack Lisk to feel that your WBB Coins are safely valued, then the project you support is the one full of flaws.

And they are saying out there WBB will beat Lisk and Ethereum.

Don't take these guys so seriously...

lol at Wild Beast Bitcoin.  "Hey bro send me some wild beast bitcoin." lmfao "Hey Do you guys accept wild beast bitcoin?" lol Looks like alot of fluff tech no one will use in their ANN to try to pump the price.  Its a P&D coin. When it dumps I'll buy some to ride the next wave. lol

LOL But, that's the guys ideas.

TrueAnon, the best you can do, for sure, is to buy Lisk at the launch before it go to 100x valued and stop writing this kind of crap:
$WBB Wildbeastbitcoin deserves this kinda btc injection, not LISK.  Just again shows how ass-backwards crypto is.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1346646.msg14265569#msg14265569
Cryptoartist

Activity: 41
Merit: 8

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 05:06:48 AM

I'm a full stack developer and a early investor (2nd week). I like Lisk because of  JavaScript as main language. I have just started looking at the dapp development, noticed some serious security concerns with dapp development.

My understanding with dapps is (correct me if I'm wrong), a dapp is hostable component that exposes an http external api and is capable of doing some transactions (withdrawals and deposits). Every dapp can be hosted within in some sidechain. Users can access dapp functionality with the help of exposed api by passing secret and transaction info. It means you have to pass your pass phrase to every dapp you want to do a transaction lets say a withdrawal (paying to dapp owners).

Apple, Microsoft, and google stores are centralized. Every app has to go rigorous review process before getting published in stores ( I published few apps in google and windows stores). The review process mainly includes scanning for malicious code that exposes user phone to external attackers.

Situation 1:

Lisk has no such review process but the code can be viewed by others. Lets say if dapp included with some malicious code that records pass phrases somewhere (not in the dapp), lisk-cli just creates a foundation base for dapp development and users extends it with their own api. How lisk prevents user from accessing dapp and removes from store if malicious code found.  

Situation 2:

Lisk dapps and their sidechains can be hosted by third party entities. Lets say owner setup two VMS. One with actual sidechain with clean dapp code internally and installed a reverse proxy on another VM(that sits on external point and forwards request to internal VM that hosted dapp). The reverse proxy receives the request from user first and records pass phrase and then forwards same request to internal VM without modifying request headers.

Situation 3:

If the dapp owner not hosting sidechain with SSL, How Lisk ensures user data not compromised.

Just wondering how lisk handles these situations and prevents owner from misusing pass phrases. Last year, I encountered similar issue with NXT and lost around 10K coins. I used a remote nxt web node to check my transactions frequently. I suspect they recorded my pass phrase and transferred my 10k to theirs account.

I think users shouldn't be forced to send pass phrases to dapp owners, its like sending your BTC private keys to others.

Finally, nice to see a post for a change that is actually about the technology and not price speculation.

I am also interested in learning more about lisk Security.

Anyone who can address these questions?
@LiskHQ?
Black Mamba

Activity: 656

Don't Trust Words

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 05:09:42 AM

Yo TreuAnon!

How is Maryjaine going?

Are you  stil talking to your self ?   Cheesy  Cheesy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=793704.3700.   Wink

mistercashking
Legendary

Activity: 1044
Merit: 1050

@MRCASHKING

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 05:11:10 AM

Situation 1:

Situation 2:

Situation 3:

Finally, nice to see a post for a change that is actually about the technology and not price speculation.

I am also interested in learning more about lisk Security.

Anyone who can address these questions?
@LiskHQ?

Great questions, I think I saw a similar discussion on Lisk chat about it (Situation 1).
BTCRoyal

Activity: 92

Early Bitcoin Supporter

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 05:16:35 AM

when will this trade and launch ?

Launching on the 11th of April. Trading is somewhere near that date but not 100% sure of an exact day yet.
Stealth27374

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 05:40:42 AM

so over 7mil was raised in the ico..   which a portion will be used to fund development of lisk.
may i suggest the devs hedge its value incase of bitcoin catastophy.

possibly something like this would be good idea.

50% vautoro gold
50% slit up over USDT, ETH, BTC.

just a thought..  as wouldnt want a btc crash, to also crash development of lisk.
cc001

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:10:32 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2016, 06:44:14 AM by cc001

Hey Guys

I will run a delegate Node cc001, I hope I get your votes! Who else will run one an who is planning to vote for whom?

So far I have following people on my voting list:

MalReynolds, PunkRock, Emerge, cannabanana, bigcabrito?, nextgencrypto

who else? who wants my vote and gives me his vote?   Wink

▀▀▀▀▀▀     BRIDGEX NETWORK  │ LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Facebook       LinkedIn          ▄▄▄▄
NextGenCrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 06:30:59 AM

Hey Guys

I will run a delegate Node cc001, I hope I get your votes! Who else will run one an who is planning to vote for whom?

MalReynolds, PunkRock, Emerge, cannabanana, bigcabrito?

who else? who wants my vote and gives me his vote?   Wink

I'll give you a vote!  I'll be running as "nextgencrypto".

Stability is the key!

lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:31:39 AM

Situation 1:

Situation 2:

Situation 3:

@ 1: We are in a decentralized environment. Any kind of censoring by the devs will hurt lisk. The only way is a reputational... removing malicious code will probably not be possible. But who knows, maybe the reputation system can offer that.

@ 2+3: you don't need to send your password to the server hopefully. You also don't have to do that in NXT. Just the Frontend needs it.
Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:34:45 AM

Situation 1:

Situation 2:

Situation 3:

@ 1: We are in a decentralized environment. Any kind of censoring by the devs will hurt lisk. The only way is a reputational... removing malicious code will probably not be possible. But who knows, maybe the reputation system can offer that.

@ 2+3: you don't need to send your password to the server hopefully. You also don't have to do that in NXT. Just the Frontend needs it.

2 and 3 does concern me a bit, I'll be waiting for Max's and Oliver's answer and maybe this can all be worked out,
or be worked ON if ever Smiley Hopefully Lisk will find a way
cc001

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:38:14 AM

Hey Guys

MalReynolds, PunkRock, Emerge, cannabanana, bigcabrito? nextgencrypto

I'll give you a vote!  I'll be running as "nextgencrypto".

Stability is the key!

added you Smiley

▀▀▀▀▀▀     BRIDGEX NETWORK  │ LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Facebook       LinkedIn          ▄▄▄▄
devking

Activity: 96

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:54:55 AM

Situation 1:

Situation 2:

Situation 3:

Ok, I agree but this doesn't mean system should be infected with all malicious dapps. Reputation wise its not good. Still the dapp has to communicate with mainnet to keep consistency. I think Lisk mainnet holds meta information about each dapp. This should be enough to record info about dapp. Now the question is how to warn the user about that particular malicious dapp .

I'm thinking few alternatives, will present them in coming posts.

I think Dapp UI asks for pass phrase, and pass same to server through api call or http post. its enough to capture pass phrase. Its not like Dapp UI (client face) directly talking to mainnet. it doesn't matter, Whether its UI or api all should go through http endpoints on the server.

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
Piesel

Activity: 672
Merit: 273

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:55:50 AM

What was the final price per coin?
Stealth27374

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:57:32 AM

At the rate bankers are jumping out Windows and the cabal's failure to hijack Syria's banking system and oil,  I wouldn't use USD to hedge value at this point in time.   Gold fluctuates, but retains value through the ages.
cannabanana

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 07:01:06 AM

Hey Guys

MalReynolds, PunkRock, Emerge, cannabanana, bigcabrito? nextgencrypto

I'll give you a vote!  I'll be running as "nextgencrypto".

Stability is the key!

added you Smiley

added you both
Pages: « 1 ... 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 [281] 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: