Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:36:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 [664] 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073050 times)
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 09:35:22 AM

So, I am a BIG supporter of lisk.. since day 1.. I'm going to offer a platform for buying and selling ICO tokens for those that are interested. I'm offering this independently of the LISK dev team and I'm offering this without any fees or costs.. just to support the community in lieu of the less than convenient delays. My post can be read here:

http://www.allentownbitcoins.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=94

Guys, his site is broken (just click any forum related link) and he's a BTT newb.  I wouldn't jump into this, no matter how anxious I was to sell.

Kasper_SKY, if you honestly want to offer a legit escrow, you're going to have to present a lot of details that will validate your trustworthiness.  Right now, what I'm seeing makes your operation look VERY shady.

Invest in your image and reputation and others will invest in you.

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 09:36:17 AM

So, I am a BIG supporter of lisk.. since day 1.. I'm going to offer a platform for buying and selling ICO tokens for those that are interested. I'm offering this independently of the LISK dev team and I'm offering this without any fees or costs.. just to support the community in lieu of the less than convenient delays. My post can be read here:

are you part of the lisk team

No he isn't its  37 post account offering to "escrow" both sides But without fees or costs.

I wouldn't trust Anyone except the Dev team to broker such deals.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 09:47:16 AM

Why does this thread have such a insane influx of new accounts .. is it all just one guy wtf is going on here?
Nearly 700 pages but 90% of it is complete garbage mostly posted by very new accounts made during or after ICO.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
sandiman

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 09:53:48 AM

Why does this thread have such a insane influx of new accounts .. is it all just one guy wtf is going on here?
Nearly 700 pages but 90% of it is complete garbage mostly posted by very new accounts made during or after ICO.

This has now become the worst thread of bitcointalk, very hard to keep following lisk relevant news...
Kasper_SKY

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

Judge a man by his questions, not his answers

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 09:55:11 AM

No he isn't its  37 post account offering to "escrow" both sides But without fees or costs.

I wouldn't trust Anyone except the Dev team to broker such deals.

I wanna make it clear-- we are not escrowing the deals.. that wouldn't be third party... A THIRD PARTY.. i.e. NOT us and NOT you.. will escrow the service.. a well-known partner of ours that does digital currency escrow and has a long standing history. Furthermore, I am offering this at 0%... only to cross promote... that is all.. so if you are interested great, if not.. that's fine too.. just don't attack me or insinuate anything

Buy Bitcoin in Minutes:   https://www.CoinMama.com/?ref=kkasper
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 09:57:29 AM

TBH - There are probably people getting paid in both directions but it is pretty easy to see all the new accounts that are talking crap and trying to bring uncertainty to LISK.
Any competing coin can see LISK as a legitimate threat. The Crypti platform is a decent one to build on and on top of that to have Javascript to do what Ethereum is doing
certainly has some on the Ethereum side a bit worried. (I like both btw.)

Add to that that the BTC price is starting to skyrocket and LISK is not getting any of that ICO money until the coin goes public. I have a feeling they are going to have a lot more money
in BTC a month from now. That is dangerous to competing coins.

The space is so new, if you can't beat them, well, wear them out, bombard them with crap messages, etc. and will only affect LISK early on. Nothing new and the tech will speak for itself in time if it was and is being done properly.

Its about sharing

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Kasper_SKY

Activity: 87

Judge a man by his questions, not his answers

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 09:59:21 AM

Guys, his site is broken (just click any forum related link) and he's a BTT newb.  I wouldn't jump into this, no matter how anxious I was to sell.

Kasper_SKY, if you honestly want to offer a legit escrow, you're going to have to present a lot of details that will validate your trustworthiness.  Right now, what I'm seeing makes your operation look VERY shady.

Invest in your image and reputation and others will invest in you.

My site isn't broken. try clearing your cache. And I'm not asking for anyone to invest in me. This is why I rarely use BTC talk.. the entire purpose of this thread.. of this community.. has been so preverted by the massive influx of trolls that, for me, it has completely ruined its intended experience. Listen, if you don't want to- I don't care. I'm not asking for you opinion, I'm not asking for your business, and I'm not asking you to pass judgement. I am making a statement to the community. MANY people have approached me.. I have 6 PM just in the 20 mins since posting the thread. Do me a favor, get over yourself, re-focus on the OP topic... That is all

Buy Bitcoin in Minutes:   https://www.CoinMama.com/?ref=kkasper
bcmine

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1055

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:02:41 AM

Roll Eyes May 24th!!

30 days left lol. It's an eternity in the cryptosphere. The Lisk devs have screwed us beyond belief, and we can't do jack about it.
snip

Max is going to speak on a conference on the 22. May. snip

proof?

you are not on rocket chat from lisk? why not? the best talk about lisk is happenin there.
LiskHQ (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 509

Decentralized Application Platform

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 10:07:21 AM

No, he is not. If anyone is doing trades, obviously just with escrow. Smiley

TBH - There are probably people getting paid in both directions but it is pretty easy to see all the new accounts that are talking crap and trying to bring uncertainty to LISK.
Any competing coin can see LISK as a legitimate threat. The Crypti platform is a decent one to build on and on top of that to have Javascript to do what Ethereum is doing
certainly has some on the Ethereum side a bit worried. (I like both btw.)

Add to that that the BTC price is starting to skyrocket and LISK is not getting any of that ICO money until the coin goes public. I have a feeling they are going to have a lot more money
in BTC a month from now. That is dangerous to competing coins.

The space is so new, if you can't beat them, well, wear them out, bombard them with crap messages, etc. and will only affect LISK early on. Nothing new and the tech will speak for itself in time if it was and is being done properly.

Its about sharing

I also think this is the case. Lisk is a substantial threat to many crypto-currencies on the market. It's not a threat to all the legit projects out there like BitShares, Factom or Ethereum. They profit from Lisk, as we profit from them. By bringing more people and progress into the space.

However, it's a threat to many smaller projects which are all just re-inventing the wheel and bring nothing new to the table. I think with the next bubble the legit projects will suck a lot of money out of the smaller ones.

At the end of the day all these controversies and sockpuppets are a complete farce, and everyone can see it. Especially after we release Lisk 0.2.0 this week.

Everyone who wants serious discussions come to our own forum or chat.

Lisk.io - Blockchain Application Platform
nPuBeT

Activity: 99

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:08:52 AM

Lisk investors are waiting to trade a coin, so exciting.
CryptoSiD

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

Former SuchPool Admin

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:24:09 AM

Look like LISK dev(s) don't give a f*ck

Why would they change the db at the last minute like that?
MorAltsPlease

Activity: 282
Merit: 250

Fear only from the fear itself

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:26:35 AM

Please explain your thoughts
X1235

Activity: 671
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:27:19 AM

How many times did you work on projects that require heterogeneous database environment? Let me anticipate your answer. Zero! So stick you heroic status in the ass and GTFOH. Comprende?
CryptoSiD

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

Former SuchPool Admin

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:28:41 AM

How many times did you work on projects that require heterogeneous database environment? Let me anticipate your answer. Zero! So stick you heroic status in the ass and GTFOH.

Thanks I feel like zoro now

So when is LISK going to launch for real, it already be delayed 3 times

Z
X1235

Activity: 671
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:32:41 AM

How many times did you work on projects that require heterogeneous database environment? Let me anticipate your answer. Zero! So stick you heroic status in the ass and GTFOH.

Thanks I feel like zoro now

Z

Good to know. Very informative!

About the database switch -- SQLite sucks at concurrent writing (it locks the DB) and most probably this was the issue. I am puzzled about one detail only. Why the fuck Postgres? As if there is no Mongo or CouchDB?!
LiskHQ (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 509

Decentralized Application Platform

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 10:36:15 AM

May 24th is the first explicit launch date we gave yet. Our estimations were delayed, that's why they were estimations. Wink

About the database switch -- SQLite sucks at concurrent writing (it locks the DB) and most probably this was the issue.

Yep. We knew of the concurrency problem all along, but the stress test really opened our eyes that SQLite is really much worse than we anticipated and needs to be switched out sooner than later. Regarding why Postgres, you should write Oliver a PM on our chat or here on BTT. 

Lisk.io - Blockchain Application Platform
Shkembe
Legendary

Activity: 1559
Merit: 1001

Epic Private Internet Cash

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:44:05 AM

This has now become the worst thread of bitcointalk, very hard to keep following lisk relevant news...

There is no news except the delays of course
raetsch
Legendary

Activity: 957
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:48:02 AM

There is no news except the delays of course

there are no news regarding trading.
not everybody is only interested in trading.
i follow page one, post one and yes, normally only look on the last page, when liskHQ posted something.
better for my nerves  Tongue
CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 11:03:49 AM

May 24th is the first explicit launch date we gave yet. Our estimations were delayed, that's why they were estimations. Wink

About the database switch -- SQLite sucks at concurrent writing (it locks the DB) and most probably this was the issue.

Yep. We knew of the concurrency problem all along, but the stress test really opened our eyes that SQLite is really much worse than we anticipated and needs to be switched out sooner than later. Regarding why Postgres, you should write Oliver a PM on our chat or here on BTT. 

People were right to be upset because the delivery launch was not kept to the promise, now you can call the new one the first explicit launch or anything. A launch date is a launch date not matter how we want to disguise now. Saying this now we all have to move forward but please not more misleading information that can upset once again people. Or we are serious what we say or we dont say it. If you are not sure about delivery time better not to say it or say something more credible like sometime summer time or winter time. Please dont give dates for the sake of it. Now lets move forward. Now we would like report weekly how the money is invested. Team members names and what they do. What marketing are you going to do, while people wait lets us see you are moving your fingers and want to see day by day marketing. Sorry if we sound now demanding but you let us down so its your duty now to bring our morals up and bring us all together with actions, real marketing. real name of all the people working on this project not donation. Please everyone lets move on and support lisk till the end as long as the Lisk Team deliver and make us see they are spending the money in marketing and hiring people not to make another delay. Many thanks

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 11:07:41 AM

As a developer, I have to respect this.  You guys have been honest since day-one and have stated the fact that Lisk is a fork and improvement upon Crypti.  As such, I imagine you guys have a long laundry list of changes that you want to make.  Some can and should be made before launch while others can be put on the back burner for post-launch updates.

I also can understand why the team may have initially ignored updating the DB infrastructure.  It's not a small change.  If the original Crypti dev decided to use SQLLite, it has proven that SQLLite can work on a project with limited success.

This type of change/update proves that the Lisk devs want the launch to go as smoothly as possible.  With limited testnet usage (only the hardcore supporters are running test nodes ATM) then it is important to make sure that once the official release takes place, the underlying DB can handle the mass influx of new transactions.

Apparently after launch, and during it's peak usage, Crypti didn't experience any problems with the SQLLite db.  That is good.  However, if LiskHQ (and the other devs) had a bad "feeling" about sticking with the current tech, I 100% support the delays so that they can update the back-end db TODAY, rather than later when usage spikes and the blockchain starts crumbling from excessive load.

TL;DR

LiskHQ and the other devs are making a wise decision to fix a problem before it becomes a legitimate issue.  They are exercising foresight in taking care of Lisk, rather than waiting for bugs to become issues that bring the blockchain to a halt until a *cough* rushed *cough* patch has to be released.

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
Pages: « 1 ... 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 [664] 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: