Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:23:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you store your bitcoins?  (Read 92194 times)
Munna98

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 05:46:28 PM

I always keep my coins in my online wallet.But I have 3 wallet accounts and there is a account that I always use to buy or sell coins. that's means I keep my coins  in different wallet. I mainly use my Android device. I think people should use best antivirus so that his  wallet information not get hacked.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 05:46:52 PM

I am just using a web wallets which is blockchain.info wallet and our local wallet service provider here in my country (coins.ph) to store some of my coins as I am not owning a huge number of btc as of now . maybe I will be using a cold storage in the future if ever I have a large amount of bitcoin to store or I need to divide my owned btc into few parts .
Daffadile

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2017, 05:54:37 PM

Hello everyone as the title says ^
Do you store your bitcoins online or on a wallet on your computer, perhaps cold storage?

I store my bitcoin on the online wallet because qt takes up so much space xP . I keep a small amount of bitcoins in cold storage and use paper wallet.
If I had lots of bitcoins I would use qt.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 06:14:27 PM

I am storing my Bitcoins at an online wallet and that is because you know that it is quite safe to use it and the most people with already Bitcoin are also using it so that is really nice.
But of course you can be hacked or something but the chance will be really small.

Even i store my bitcoin on online wallet,i think its more simple,but i dont know how about the security aspect,i just store little amount of bitcoin,so far is really safe,but i will considering to use cold storage if i have big amount of bitcoin.
You can simply use blockchain even if you store big amount of bitcoins and then you can make a setting system that whenever you login they will call you and give you a PIN and hence no hacker can hack it.

But the only problem that arrives in such cases is that when you want to make quick transactions you will get frustrated.
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1316
Merit: 622

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2017, 06:17:31 PM

Do you store your bitcoins online or on a wallet on your computer, perhaps cold storage?

I store my bitcoin on the online wallet because qt takes up so much space xP . I keep a small amount of bitcoins in cold storage and use paper wallet.
If I had lots of bitcoins I would use qt.
There is other good storage except to bitcoin-qt you can also use electrum honestly i am using this kind of wallet for a long time and i am still nto halving any problem with this wallet you do not need to download the whole block chain unlike bitcoin-qt..

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
BigBoom3599

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 07:36:12 PM

I am storing my Bitcoins at an online wallet and that is because you know that it is quite safe to use it and the most people with already Bitcoin are also using it so that is really nice.
But of course you can be hacked or something but the chance will be really small.

Even i store my bitcoin on online wallet,i think its more simple,but i dont know how about the security aspect,i just store little amount of bitcoin,so far is really safe,but i will considering to use cold storage if i have big amount of bitcoin.
You can simply use blockchain even if you store big amount of bitcoins and then you can make a setting system that whenever you login they will call you and give you a PIN and hence no hacker can hack it.

But the only problem that arrives in such cases is that when you want to make quick transactions you will get frustrated.
No, online wallets aren't safe no matter how strong your password is or how hard you protect your account, if the website gets hacked your bitcoins will be compromised. Look at all the exchanges as an example, those hackers didn't get stopped by a 2fa code or by a long randomly generated password...
The only safe way to store crypto, is if you alone control the private keys and keep it that way.
PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 09:36:16 PM

I don't own many Bitcoins so I don't need to think much about it storing and safety.I use online wallet from the start blockchain and set up good password with Google Authenticator this is all.If somehow in future I own many bitcoins then I will use much more good ways to take extra measures.
Good idea and blockchain is one of the safest wallet providers but the only problem is the new upgrade that they have done, it is become hell difficult to understand things like signing a message and another issue is that it gives a new address after every time you receive money on the previous one.
Bibite

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 09:53:03 PM

I use web based wallets only. I have not learned much enough about wallets clients ect.
Kind of different priority  Undecided
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 10:01:17 PM

I use web based wallets only. I have not learned much enough about wallets clients ect.
Kind of different priority  Undecided

Don't use online wallet services to store your coins as it's simply not a safe thing to do. If you have a PC with enough capacity to download the entire blockchain to, then go for Bitcoin Core. If you aren't interested in downloading the full blockchain due to the size, then go for a light weight wallet. But just avoid storing all your coins online. You at all times should be the only person with access to your coins. Right now that's not the case.
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 10:02:12 PM

For me blockchain.info for daily transactions and receiving and storing bitcoins is sufficient because you own your own private keys, aka no counterparty risk, and blockchain.info has a user friendly interface and AFAIK has never been hacked in the past, because they don't store passwords online.

However if you are more security sensitive than me, I recommend you getting a hardware wallet.

Ledger is the economical choice, but Trezor in my opinion looks more sleek and feels cooler when you show it to others Smiley
Mr.Nath

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

We Also Sell GINGER, BITTER KOLA, GALLSTONE, etc.

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 10:03:38 PM

in my wallet of course....... No better/safer place for now...

DO YOU NEED ANYTHING IN NIGERIA/AFRICA? I can help you source for whatever you need.

You can hire me as your Nigerian Agent call/whatsapp +2348036932174.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 08:21:22 PM

I store my Bitcoin at an online wallet and that is also many used because you see that many people is storing their Bitcoin at an online wallet because it is easy to save it there.
Some people are even storing their Bitcoin at their own computer but that can be risky because you can be also hacked or something.

I use online storage to keep my Bitcoins too. It's risk, I know, but the service is easy and accessible for anyone. I don't have capacity to download a good desktop wallet, so I don't have much to do...

But people using their computers to storage their Bitcoins are safer than we using onliny storage methods. If the computer is offline, without internet, hackers can't steal it, the only issue can be if the computer stop working, broken.
Mate the hackers can attack the computer without internet too via a malware or they can even use ransomwares to hack you. I think better are online wallets only if they provide private key like blockchain provides. And if security is a major issue setup 2FA in your wallets.
data1

Activity: 85

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 08:28:12 PM

i store my coins on a paper wallet  and i do it because all i have to pay is just my net packs and by this way i can save all the excess spending of money and by non profitable shopping and eating

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
strasboug

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 08:33:07 PM

Offline wallet on encrypted disk, is probably the best you can do. Online wallets are unsafe, there are so many hacks around them, especially the value is high as now, hackers are more motivated.
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 09:49:21 PM

For me blockchain.info for daily transactions and receiving and storing bitcoins is sufficient because you own your own private keys, aka no counterparty risk, and blockchain.info has a user friendly interface and AFAIK has never been hacked in the past, because they don't store passwords online.

However if you are more security sensitive than me, I recommend you getting a hardware wallet.

Ledger is the economical choice, but Trezor in my opinion looks more sleek and feels cooler when you show it to others Smiley

Are you a blockchain wallet minions? Or you bought an account?
Blockchain wallet service has been removed from bitcoin.org wallet list (it's the biggest, even the best bitcoin wallet list) and they have a lot problem:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=875805.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1516588.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=951151.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=984189.0
...and more.
Plus recently they not provide private key features cmiiw.

Hardware wallet is good choice when you have a capital to buy some. But there are some cheap option, paper wallet.
Playboi

Activity: 187
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 11:42:42 PM

threads full of idiots who don't know what they're talking about.
Your coins are as safe as you want em to be. Just don't click any weird links
Akichan304

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:39:47 AM

I store my bitcoins at Coinbase wallet. I think it can be stolen, this is a reason why I don't really trust online wallet,  but I still use it @-@
Ducksun

Activity: 60

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:53:03 AM

I store my bitcoins at Coinbase wallet. I think it can be stolen, this is a reason why I don't really trust online wallet,  but I still use it @-@

A lot of people are doing this but the risks are minimum, I'm having a good amount of bitcoins so due to that I use a paper wallet right now but I also have a online wallet.
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 07:33:24 PM

I have three here electrum for desktop blockchain and coins.ph for online but I made sure i did not store all of my bitcoin on one wallet alone I divide it to three .
Quite nice idea. I am only using poloniex wallet right now and I its quite nice and they do not charge usually high fees. Though recently I had issues of not getting email confirmation and had to wait like 12 hours for my withdraw. But then, which sites does not have issues Smiley
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1250

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 07:47:03 PM

It depends if I want to use my bitcoins or not. I have my hot wallet in my desktop, Bitcoin core. For fiat exchanges, I'm using coins.ph. it's helpful to have and very interesting app because you could load up your cellphone and pay your bills. And a cold storage which is in my laptop. Electrum software is what I use.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: