Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:14:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you store your bitcoins?  (Read 92194 times)
Fretcy

Activity: 395
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:20:07 AM

It is always safe to store bitcoins on cold storage like USB drive, Trezor wallet, paper wallet or any other offline hardware wallet , your private key should not be shared with anyone by using the private key one can control your bitcoins. Trezor is expensive compare to that USB ledger wallet is inexpensive and safest wallet. It is not safe to store bitcoins online or in exchanges as there are high chances for losing your bitcoins. In desktop wallets if the computer is infected with virus attack you can still get your bitcoins from the backup of saving the private key in the paper wallets or in USB devices.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  July 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BlockchainGod

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:26:20 AM

I see bitcoin as a long term investment, so I keep them in the fridge. It is safe, and other things I don't need.

Pansamantala

Activity: 242
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:27:01 AM

I am storing my bitcoin by the use of online wallets.  Grin I know that my bitcoins are safe in there.
dreamer81

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:29:09 AM

There is only one way to store bitcoin - COLD STORAGE.....

forget trezor, forget hw wallets, forget offline wallets, forget it all..

good old paper with numbers on them is the only secure way.
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:31:58 AM

I keep all bitcoin in online wallets. I have not had any trouble so far. I use this method because I am constantly traveling.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
daringdiscovered

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:46:29 AM

- i put it on Exchanges
- in Bitcoin Wallet designated on your country
or have a trezor to have a private key
it better to spread it for you to have a good nigh sleep Smiley

Storing it on a exchanger is not a good idea I think, because it might be lost forever, it might be in a good use if you are going to deposit your bitcoin on a exchanger to buy some tokens that you are going to Trade, in that way, you could even have more bitcoin and gain profits in the long run in that way, however, storing your bitcoin on hardware wallet like trezor just like what you have said is a good idea so far.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:42:08 PM

- i put it on Exchanges
- in Bitcoin Wallet designated on your country
or have a trezor to have a private key
it better to spread it for you to have a good nigh sleep Smiley

Storing it on a exchanger is not a good idea I think, because it might be lost forever, it might be in a good use if you are going to deposit your bitcoin on a exchanger to buy some tokens that you are going to Trade, in that way, you could even have more bitcoin and gain profits in the long run in that way, however, storing your bitcoin on hardware wallet like trezor just like what you have said is a good idea so far.

There's just no safe place on the Internet to store your bitcoin. Blockchain.info is a good online wallet but the email log in opens up a risk that once your email gets hacked, the hacker can just do a forget password and recover it with your email. I don't know about you but I don't really believe in Trezor because those devices might have some additional codes in them that sends your wallet seed to the manufacturer and they are going to harvest them altogether in the future. This is why I don't buy them aside from them being expensive. You can generate a bitcoin wallet with your phone, with your computer, etc. and you can be sure that you are safe by making that wallet generated offline or in a secure computer.

Others actually say to put your bitcoins in different places. Some in an exchanger, some in a gambling site, some in an online wallet, and some in a hardware or offline wallet. I think they do that to save money for transaction fee. But I don't think the amount that you are saving from that is enough to risk so much money.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Turiettly

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:49:38 AM

wallets on the web like block chain or coinbase are safe. Better you would go ahead with offline wallets, paper or cold storage to preserve it safe. That is the thing i know on the web wallets can be unsafe but i have experienced a tiny amount in blockchain.information since i below.
OracionSeis

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:10:02 AM

I hold my bitcoins online at Coinbase. Even seems not secure in the first view this is only an impression and not a fact. Seems that the online wallet are the less secure but if read all the data given about this matter offered by Coin base understand the right meaning that the word "secure" has for this business. I am writing some. First must be told (even this has nothing to do with the security but with your pocket) all the fee-s of the sent of bitcoin are paid from Coin base.
Honestly, I advise you should to use other online wallet instead of Coinbase. Although Coinbase wallet has not about security our money, but when you need to withdraw your Bitcoin when Bitcoin has strong volatility in the market, that is the time you usually can not withdraw your money and pending until the price of Bitcoin stable. It is just my experience used this wallet in one year, therefore I do not know this wallet has solve this issue or not, but I think my said can help you consider.

Time off to sleep ... ( ̄︶ ̄)~
Rina_rins

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:49:52 AM

Hello everyone as the title says ^
Do you store your bitcoins online or on a wallet on your computer, perhaps cold storage?
I store my bitcoin in the online wallet that is on the local site in my country. and the wallet I use is the only trusted site in my country. 90% bitcoin users in my country use the wallet
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:13:28 AM

I hold my bitcoins online at Coinbase. Even seems not secure in the first view this is only an impression and not a fact. Seems that the online wallet are the less secure but if read all the data given about this matter offered by Coin base understand the right meaning that the word "secure" has for this business. I am writing some. First must be told (even this has nothing to do with the security but with your pocket) all the fee-s of the sent of bitcoin are paid from Coin base.
Honestly, I advise you should to use other online wallet instead of Coinbase. Although Coinbase wallet has not about security our money, but when you need to withdraw your Bitcoin when Bitcoin has strong volatility in the market, that is the time you usually can not withdraw your money and pending until the price of Bitcoin stable. It is just my experience used this wallet in one year, therefore I do not know this wallet has solve this issue or not, but I think my said can help you consider.

But you didn't really offer him what to replace Coinbase with. It's like saying not to drink water but didn't say what type of other liquid should he drink. Should he drink soda, pepsi, coke? None of that information. I suggest that you find a local online wallet. In my case, the local online wallet uses the exchange rate at the time that you requested cash out. Once you've issued a cash out, the wallet is just waiting for you to pay. It does have an expiration though. I think this is to prevent having people have multiple cash out and cash in requests and use those to trade funds whenever a spike is happening and make profit just by that little loophole.

In case you want to actually be "secure", you should use a desktop wallet or an offline wallet. Coinbase is on the Internet and it's no brainer that hackers are going to try to put it down and gather all the coins that coinbase has. Once that happens, you cannot do anything because it's not coinbase's fault that they got attacked so much and with the amount of coins that's in their system, they are never going to be able to pay all that.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

eye-con

Activity: 449
Merit: 102

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:16:10 AM

Hello everyone as the title says ^
Do you store your bitcoins online or on a wallet on your computer, perhaps cold storage?
I store my bitcoin in the online wallet that is on the local site in my country. and the wallet I use is the only trusted site in my country. 90% bitcoin users in my country use the wallet
same here, we have online wallet which can be store bitcoin, and withdraw it anytime you like.
but its not advisable to store your bitcoin in that walelt because there are risks you are facing when you do. so i prefer to store it on hard wallet to be safe.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.13                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
Frank0209

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:19:37 AM

I'm using both Web wallet, Coinbase, and Off wallet, Electrum, at the same time. But I only keep small amount of BTC at web wallet cause it's very convenient when I want to make transaction when I'm outside without my laptop but it's not secure at all so I'm a little bit nervous when keep big amount of Bitcoin in web wallet that why I use Electrum off wallet at the same time which I can keep my own wallet privatekey, it's much safer than web wallet so I'm using it to keep almost my Bitcoin.
lady Royal

Activity: 720

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 07:41:43 AM

Well I store Bitcoins online, My Bitcoins are always in my online wallet blockchain.info but some of the coin are always in Exchange. I keep some bitcoins exchanged so in case of emergency I can have some money as back up. But the safest way is to store Bitcoin offline.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
■   .PRIVATE SALE is LIVE.   ■
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Whitepaper   ■   Bounty   ■   Bitcointalk

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                        ███
                     ▄▄ ▀▀▀ ███
                     ██▀ ▄▄ ▀▀▀
                   ▄▄    █▀▀ ▄▄ ██
                   ▀▀ ▄█  ▄▄ ▀
                  ██  ▀ ▄ ▀
                  ▄▄ █▄ ▀▀
                  ▀▀  ▄ ▀
   ▄▄              ██ ▀ ▀
   ██▀               ▄ ▀
  ▄  ▄█         ▄ ▄   ▀
 ███  ▀ █▄ ▄▀ ▀▄  ▀  ▄ ██ ██
  ▀▀ █▄ ▄  ▄█ ▀ █▀  ▀ ▄ ▄▄  ▄█▄
███     ▀▀   ▄█▄       ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄
▀▀▀ ██ ██ ██  ▀         ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀██
                         ▀ ▄█  ▄▄
                        ▄█ ▀▀ ▀██
                        ▄ ▄█▄
                       ▀▀ ▀▀
                      ██
..Skynet..
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram   ■   Facebook   ■   Twitter   ■   Medium   ■   Reddit   ■   LinkedIn
.CREATING THE INTELLIGENT MACHINE ECONOMY.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:34:53 AM

Well I store Bitcoins online, My Bitcoins are always in my online wallet blockchain.info but some of the coin are always in Exchange. I keep some bitcoins exchanged so in case of emergency I can have some money as back up. But the safest way is to store Bitcoin offline.
If you already know that bitcoin offline is the best way to store your bitcoin then why you are storing bitcoin online because online wallets are not safe and they are risky and they are very prone to the cyber attacks and the hackers can bypass our accounts and stole our bitcoin and it will just lead to regretting the mistakes that we have done.
jatin729

Activity: 812
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 08:51:15 AM

I am storing my bitcoins in online wallet and I have been using it since 2016, its quite simple and secure i think.
I have not seen any fraudulent activity yet. hardware wallet can be more secured but expensive also.

InvisibilityFP

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

DocTailor IEO on Zloadr

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 09:06:55 AM

i conbine it, i store to my local exchange, i also store in my online wallet and other wallet
dont store it in only 1 place

▬▬ • • •  DOCTailor  ✂  Unique self-customizing smart legal contract platform  • • • ▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Bounty  Whitepaper  ▬▬  Slack  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Linkedin   ▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌  Click for PRE-SALE  ▬▬▬  IEO: Jul 20th   ▐▐
xBitHodler

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:17:56 AM

As you said, Bitcoin offline wallets are safer than online ones. What are you going to do with your BTC before upcoming hard forks? I would recommend you to switch to Electrum at least for the hard fork. You will be able to claim your Bitcoin Gold and SegWit2x coins almost instantly after forks. Not every exchange is going to support them, not immediately.
johnsm79

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

trade.io - Join the Trading Revolution

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 09:20:26 AM

Depends on the funds they hold. I have accounts that curry within them, less coins that I would curry on an everyday out of the house (in fiat). I don't need bad-ass protection for such amounts. I keep them safely on an external device, to handle my everyday transactions.

The rest are frozen, in a place, far, far, away!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  TRADE.IO       ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ankit05

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:30:58 AM

I like to keep bitcoin in online wallet. i do not trust offline wallet  as much on online wallet. such as ether wallet
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: