Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:57:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Where would society be without the internet?  (Read 24581 times)
mirror001

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 04:35:06 PM

The web has made my life as a graduate understudy so substantially less demanding. Research takes about a tenth as long as it did when we needed to sit in the library and burrow books off of racks. Presently I can simply look into articles and download the file! Be that as it may I think the web has likewise made individuals nastier by and large. It influences me to tired to see a portion of the remarks individuals put on the web while they hole up behind their electronic cloak. It is simpler to stalk individuals (facebook,whatsapp, anybody?) and to demolish somebody's life (data fraud, hacking). Society wouldn't be the same without the web, yet I figure we would be fine. Here and there I think about what might happen whether foundation disintegrated and we needed to backpedal to little social orders and independence.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
benjioneniner

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 05:29:17 PM

There'd be sold out screenings of cat videos in every movie theater  Cheesy

▄▄███▄▄
    ▄▄███████████▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
▀▀██████████████████▀▀ ▄▄
    ▀▀██████████▀▀ ▄▄████
        ▀▀█▀▀ ▄▄█████████
            ▄█████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            █████████████▀
            █████████▀▀
            █████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

Brickblock.io║║
║║
║║
║║
║║.
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║

▄▄██▄
            ▄▄█▀▀  ██
        ▄▄█▀▀      █▌
    ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀    ██
▄▄▄█▀▀    ▄█▀     ▐█
██      ▄██▀       █▌
▀▀██▄███▀        ██
    ██▀▀█▄▄▄     █▌
    █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
    █▄█▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
▐████
▐████
████████████
████████████
▐████
▐████
▐████
▐████

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀ 
████▄         █████████████▀ 
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████ 
█████████████████████ 
    ▀█████████████████▀
    ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 

▄▄▄                  ▄▄▄
█████▄             ▄██████▄
█████████▄        ████████████▄
██████████▌▄     ██████████████
██████████▌▐█  ▄█████████████▀▄█
██████████▌▐██▄▀████████████ ███
██████████▌▐████▀██████████ ████
██████████▌▐█████ ███████▀▄█████
██████████▌ ▀█████▄▀████ ███████
██████████▌   ▀▀████ ██▄████████
▀█████████▌      ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████████
▀▀█████▌             ▀▀██████
        ▀█▌                  ▀▀█
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║.
[/center
mamichula

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 07:26:15 PM

Some of these answers sound so simplistic. "People would be better today." It's like little kids answering questions.

Even the question is kind of simplistic, since the internet is a new thing for humanity. You don't have to go back far to know what life was before the internet.
musaprince

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:02:00 PM

it would have been the same as it was when there were no internet.thus you will have to go to the library for informations,sending informations such as video,pictures via mails.The telephone to communicate.And also no fear of privacy when you are on the internet but however the internet has help fast forward so many important thing in our lives and around us which could have taken months to do therefore making life life much easier
ApocalypseNow

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 08:11:55 AM

I think society would be normal I guess. If you look at the internet, people are willing to do insane stuff just to get famous.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 09:01:00 AM

I think society would be normal I guess. If you look at the internet, people are willing to do insane stuff just to get famous.

If we had not known the importance of internet then we would have been able to live our life without it but as at today, I don't think our life will be back as normal because a lot of our activities are fully reliant on the internet everything even up to the point of ordering for food and pizzas is on the internet among others. So our life will not be normal at all.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:14:22 AM

If we had not known the importance of internet then we would have been able to live our life without it but as at today, I don't think our life will be back as normal because a lot of our activities are fully reliant on the internet everything even up to the point of ordering for food and pizzas is on the internet among others. So our life will not be normal at all.

Yeah that's the thing. Right now we've all been so reliant to the internet that newer generation would have a hard time coping with lifr without it. Back during the days, i remember doing things manually and i think there would still be other alternatives had the internet not been introduced.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Technos

Activity: 53

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:41:47 PM

Our current society is driven by information, and more than eighty percent of the progress in recent years is due to the free dissemination of it and the speed with which it is transmitted from one person to another, or from one company to another. This means that without internet we would be at a very slow pace in terms of development.

P.S.: the world would be much more boring.

⚪ Byteball (https://byteball.org/)     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.0)          TELEGRAM (https://t.me/byteball)          TWITTER (https://twitter.com/ByteballOrg)          MEDIUM (https://medium.com/byteball)          SLACK (https://slack.byteball.org/)          REDDIT (https://www.reddit.com/r/ByteBall/)
Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1848
Merit: 370

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:02:29 PM

I think society will be stuck in using paper, because internet is the medium of comminication now and without internet the only medium we can use is through paper, and i think is it's not that bad.
FiveReelsTwo

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:19:09 AM

It will not be a paperless society.  We will be stuck in our old processes and ways.

Vivimubarak

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:13:09 AM

If the internet is gone, the library will be crowded by many people, because the book will be very important as a center of information and knowledge, on the internet we can find thousands and even millions of blogs that contain information and knowledge that we need.
thenameisjay

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:38:47 AM

Your guess?

Communications would be slow as ever. Bitcoins wouldn't prosper because nothing can connect us. Youtube wouldn't be invented and simple DIY things or life hacks wouldn't exist. Life would be terrible without the internet.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:42:54 AM

Your guess?

People with families abroad would be always be worried because their families would take a long time to send snail mails. It would also be harder to connect to the entire world. The stock market will take longer to update and stock holders would have to go stock exchanges to monitor their stocks.

CryptoRothschild

Activity: 101

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:44:37 AM

I guess mental hospitals would fill up if the Internet - and especially facebook & instagram , would cease to exist.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
camsss

Activity: 67

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 01:32:30 PM

If there are no internet, we cannot be able to compete to other countries. Our country will not be improved just like what we are now. We cannot cope up with the things that globally competitive countries has. Life would not be easier as it is now.

malachi_38tr@viS

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:09:36 AM

Your guess?

no it is not possible present situation all are depends on working Internet so without Internet how can we lead our life. but few times it is also  good because people maintain some relations closely they have to communicate face to face and spending time each other. most of the businesses works on the Internet so once it not  their means all businesses collapsed. so it is not good for us. Internet has  good and bad usage. just we take from that good not to take bad. present most of the people reading newspaper in soft copy not interested to read hard copy.not only newspaper some other things are we can touch and feel directly but in the software it is not possible.
synapsisxxx

Activity: 196

Decentralization shall be the end of the Old World

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:17:18 AM

I think society would have better off without the internet. I think it prospered quite well in pre-internet era.

I have been one of the earliest users of stuff like orkut,  facebook and such and did spend a lot of time connecting socially, as these were the attractions during school life.

These days,  the idea of mingling socially online gives me a headache. Everything is so crowded,  baseless,  people spamming with messages,  offers and invitations everywhere and anywhere.

Dont get me wrong, i lead a proper social life as in proper physical social interactions,  parties and even calls. But the idea of connecting through social channels just doesnt work for me anymore.
shiki3226

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:17:53 AM

Internet is a very wonderful thing in the hands of someone who knows the real purpose why it was made. Just like a knife, it can be used for good or evil depending on the one who wields it. Advantages are we now have better access to information unavailable for us before and we now have a better way of communication hence making our lives more convenient. Thus, everyone should be responsible enough when using this service.

dongyi17

Activity: 616

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:00:49 AM

back to basic i guess, people in the past were able to live and survive without internet,they were the simplest people and  they keep family together but if there's one thing internet
 do to us is they make life easier.

fireblond

Activity: 200

Thrive

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:04:17 AM

A lot of us underestimate the internet, without the internet we would not be able to make calls from all over the world  (Voice over IP) and wouldn't have access to all this content... TBH though I miss going to the library xD

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     T H R I V E     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE PREMIUM DECENTRALIZED AD MARKETPLACE
Facebook    Twitter    Linkedin    Telegram    Medium    TGE PRIVATE ROUND  |  January 15th, 2018  ]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: