Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 27384 times)
bitmar

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 08:18:16 PM

Requested a refund on 8 Jan / Tuesday - still nothing today..  CC was used.. I have held back on doing a charge back.. will give it until Tuesday next week.

You need to do a lot of "confusion" on this forum to get a refund Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 08:48:45 PM

Requested a refund on 8 Jan / Tuesday - still nothing today..  CC was used.. I have held back on doing a charge back.. will give it until Tuesday next week.

Dave did post that they'd transferred more funds to the CC account for the refunds.  Keep in mind that even if Dave/Tom work through the weekend to process refunds the payment processors work on their own timetables and refunds may not hit people's accounts until a few business days after Tom/Dave have done everything necessary at their end.

They really need to be sending out emails advising people when their refunds have been processed if they want to avoid people initiating charge backs (which could well cause the freezing of their merchant account and screw up the refund process entirely).

Locking their forums was a terrible idea which only encourages more of the kind of speculation they were hoping to avoid.  If they're not going to give adequate updates on their own forum, then they need to be giving a progress report at least once every 24 hours here.  Their customers have no reason whatsoever to trust them right now and they're doing an appalling job of trying to rekindle trust.  They've failed to provide a single could reason why people should not cancel their orders and request refunds right now.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 09:13:21 PM

Yeah julz made some good points.  Though  we probably all expected BTC to go up rather than down, so it's not exactly a 50/50 gamble w/ the exchange rate.  But yeah, I'm out > $700 on the deal and not expecting it or anything. Yeah, buyer beware, I see your guys' points too.  I should count my blessings  Wink and consider myself lucky.
Look at it from this viewpoint: You were ready to spend your BTC. If you wanted to hoard them, you should have held onto them and not spend them. Once your mind was made up, you had to decide what to buy.

You could have bought sugar, you pre-ordered hardware. If you would have bought sugar in September with BTC and sold that same sugar today you would have gotten less BTC  for it, just like you got less BTC back for your refunded hardware.

That is FX works, unfortunately.

Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 09:36:04 PM

I don't know about trusting them to deliver ASICs on time if ever, but I think you can still trust them to give your refund, for now.

They refunded my BTC order, which took a few days.  BTC is of course faster than the CC system.

If I held a CC order at this point, I wouldn't do a chargeback yet.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Bigrah

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 11:11:24 PM

I got my Bitcoins also yesterday.. So come down and relax everyone...
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 11:36:26 PM

Give them a little time for the refunds to hit your credit card or bank account. If they were going to run with the money, the absolute last thing you would do is refund all the BTC and keep the CC orders.
MooC Tals

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 01:05:50 AM

Well I learned a valuable lesson here. I once bought a VIAO laptop off of a van a decade ago and learned that yellow pages directory books stuffed in a box had the same weight as a laptop. Roll Eyes

As a silent customer of BFL that don't bitch on the forum (much) until a few weeks ago a refund was received. Although I did give them an email stating that If I was given a firm/confirmed ship date I was going to wait.

However I also stated in the email that a charge back was going to happen in 3 days if a reply was not sent back.

So the adage of squeaky wheels receiving oil is still true to this day.  
miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 02:14:36 AM

Given the latest news and no refunds back on my CC..

A big ol Fuck you to Tom - if your teeth were on fire, I wouldn't even piss on your face to put it out..

Chargeback city coming up

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 02:31:27 AM

So let me get this straight: the only reason people were getting BTC refunds was because Dave and Lukas were urging Tom to. Then Tom is supposed to provide crucial information about the ASICs, and instead he packs up and leaves town. Their bank account does not have enough funds to process CC refunds because Tom was in charge of that, too. Now, we have no idea where Tom is, we don't know if people are even going to be getting refunds (CC or BTC), the BTCFPGA forum is still under lockdown, and we have absolutely zero information about the status of the bASIC's development. And all of this is directly from the 2 remaining bASIC team members. Talk about a shit storm!

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
nathanrees19

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 02:36:38 AM

What a mess Sad
repentance

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 02:52:34 AM

So let me get this straight: the only reason people were getting BTC refunds was because Dave and Lukas were urging Tom to. Then Tom is supposed to provide crucial information about the ASICs, and instead he packs up and leaves town. Their bank account does not have enough funds to process CC refunds because Tom was in charge of that, too. Now, we have no idea where Tom is, we don't know if people are even going to be getting refunds (CC or BTC), the BTCFPGA forum is still under lockdown, and we have absolutely zero information about the status of the bASIC's development. And all of this is directly from the 2 remaining bASIC team members. Talk about a shit storm!

According to Dave, funds have been wired to the merchant account to cover the CC refunds (you normally wouldn't keep huge amounts in that account so there's nothing suspicious about that) - he needed to confirm that those funds had been credited to the merchant account before he could process any more CC refunds.

At this point there should be updates every 12 hours.  Continually asking customers to give you a couple more days to sort shit out and then not having it sorted out when you're given that grace period is pretty much setting the project up for certain failure.

It's also disturbing that there has been no report on "where the project is up to".  While the new team will obviously want to confirm this for themselves, Tom should have been totally aware of where the project was up to at any given time and in fact it's impossible for him to give assurances about March delivery without knowing that.

Don't ask people to wait a couple more days for more information and then fail to deliver it.  No-one's going to take any of your "guarantees" seriously unless you start delivering the information you promised on schedule.  If you don't want people initiating charge backs, then give them a reason not to - like that "hard date" for a video which was promised but hasn't been delivered.

You're doing yourselves no favours by keeping the identity of the new team a secret - people are cancelling because they cannot make a decision about whether to trust the new team until they know who's going to be running the project and they already don't trust those who are apparently still in charge.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 03:07:56 AM

BFL is next I would bet.

Another announcement of delays will fall on deaf ears.
Bogart
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 03:09:31 AM

Wow.  I count myself lucky to have escaped with a refund, paying only the currency depreciation.

https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=1041.msg3093

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
repentance

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 03:12:52 AM

Dave is now advising customers who paid for their bASIC order by credit card to initiate a charge back.

At this point, if you are thinking of sending me a refund request, I recommend you do a chargeback instead.

https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=1041.0

MichaelBliss

Activity: 526

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 03:15:01 AM

Wow.  I count myself lucky to have escaped with a refund, paying only the currency depreciation.

Me too!  The "believer's" from a couple days back should be embarrassed. 
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 03:22:01 AM

That is what unfortunately happens when a customers waits until the second round of refunds. It is risky.

----------------------

Beyond that, I would like to say that if Tom runs off, we have lost a good man in the BTC world.
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 03:29:30 AM

Me too!  The "believer's" from a couple days back should be embarrassed. 

I am.

Jesus, WTF??

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
repentance

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 03:36:11 AM

Mods, can we get the thread title changed to something more accurate.

Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 03:42:23 AM

Beyond that, I would like to say that if Tom runs off, we have lost a good man in the BTC world.

time for another witch hunt, then?

Bogart
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 03:46:03 AM

Poor Tom.  I hope he comes through this OK.  It sounds like he's in a bad place.

I think the business is lost.  I hope he can keep his family.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: