Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 27386 times)
bcpokey

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 09:33:37 PM

Tom has sold his interest in bASIC.

I am selling my share in BTCFPGA and it is now going to be owned by a asian company that is 100% sure of a March Delivery.  if you are not interested in doing business with this company please feel free to filll out a refund request and we will refund your money is full. There is plenty enough money to make all of these refunds and I have been a pillar of this community for years, so please no panic. Anyone that wants a refund - they will receive one today. Please I ask you to please accept my apologize - if you can wait until March you will receive a superior ASIC mining device, if you lost your trust in me and my company than I dont blame you at all. But please understand I tried the best at the best of my ability and I can't take any of this anymore. I am not the right man for this job. Your new ASIAN benefactors will be online soon to greet you all and see where were are at and hopefully they can calm some of your nerves.

https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=954.msg2804#msg2804

Yowza. That's not what anyone wanted to hear.

On a somewhat off-topic bent, I wonder if on a small scale, the ASIC world portends the general trend of the future. bASIC and BFL being two US based companies, Avalon and ASICMiner being two asia based companies; we see ASICMiner with chips in hand, Avalon with a supremely confident air as to delivering mid-January. For contrast we see BFL with continual delays and apologies, and bASIC basically folding up shop completely (in favor of selling to an Asian company).
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 09:48:03 PM

On a somewhat off-topic bent, I wonder if on a small scale, the ASIC world portends the general trend of the future. bASIC and BFL being two US based companies, Avalon and ASICMiner being two asia based companies; we see ASICMiner with chips in hand, Avalon with a supremely confident air as to delivering mid-January. For contrast we see BFL with continual delays and apologies, and bASIC basically folding up shop completely (in favor of selling to an Asian company).

More likely it gets down to project management experience.  You need incredible people on the ground if you're going to manage a project remotely from another country and you need to choose those people wisely - it's an acquired skill because all personal representatives are not equal and the success of your project turns on their relationships with your chosen suppliers.

It's honestly pretty amazing that it took this long for one of the ASIC teams to bow out of the race.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 09:49:17 PM

I really don't think it has to do with know how.  I think you cannot start an endeavor like this without "feet on the ground" over there.  There has to be someone to bang on doors and look over shoulders but not thousands of miles away.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
michaelmclees

Activity: 633

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 10:10:30 PM

He sold it to... the Asians... is this guy serious?
davecoin

Activity: 816

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 10:14:34 PM

Seems that way.  I really can't tell.  Huh

The drunk post this morning kind of killed whatever credibility he had left.
Frizz23

Activity: 1162

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 10:21:54 PM

Ahhh ... those bloody Asians!  Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNMmVxhZP98&list=PL985001A2358B049F

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
repentance

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 10:25:31 PM

The un-named ASIANS, no less.  No company name, no background information on who'll now be running the bASIC project, no information about when Tom will hand over the reins (which should include user pre-order funds).  Nothing except someone other than Tom who can now be blamed if refunds aren't processed or if hardware isn't delivered in March.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 10:32:35 PM

Holy crap. I wonder if there were some sort of background politics pushing him out the door, considering his lack of progress for months now, and then his lack of professional behavior the past few days.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
davecoin

Activity: 816

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 10:46:23 PM

bitmar

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 10:58:03 PM

The un-named ASIANS, no less.  No company name, no background information on who'll now be running the bASIC project, no information about when Tom will hand over the reins (which should include user pre-order funds).  Nothing except someone other than Tom who can now be blamed if refunds aren't processed or if hardware isn't delivered in March.

This Asian company is probably a cover for fraud. Tom will be clean and all claims will fall on Asian cover company. Very clever. Good luck in pursuing their claims in Asia....
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 11:30:32 PM

I hope they are relic hunters.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 12:03:56 AM

I hope they are relic hunters.

ASIANS Historical Relics, financial services, and microprocessor design Ltd.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 12:22:10 AM

If you think that those requests are coming...wait until BFL announces the next delay.

That will be a cluster storm.

@ Tom

You did the right thing. You went back to being the person we knew. So even if you couldn't handle the pressure (which I understand) you did the best you could. You are basically a one man company. BFL has like 5 people doing just the CS work. You just had you until Dave came along. (And you still did CS work even after that).

I wish you the best in your next BitCoin endeavor and may your product still give the competitors a bad nights sleep as they try to out compete you when the new Benefactors do take over the production and management of that work you toiled endlessly on.

You have my respect sir!
mining4fun11

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 12:52:57 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2013, 01:06:37 AM by mining4fun11

HAHAHAHHAHA another fucking scammer on this forum.  What a piece of shit.

I wonder how many people bought basic when the coins were worth around half of what they are now.  Cablepair would make out good if he just sold them now and gave the new company the dollars.  With that kind of scam he could really spend more time with his family.   
poon-TANG

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 01:10:30 AM

HAHAHAHHAHA another fucking scammer on this forum.  What a piece of shit.

I wonder how many people bought basic when the coins were worth around half of what they are now.  Cablepair would make out good if he just sold them now and gave the new company the dollars.  With that kind of scam he could really spend more time with his family.   

+1  but I feel sorry for all those people who put their hard earned money into his pocket.
repentance

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 01:20:34 AM

Cablepair would make out good if he just sold them now and gave the new company the dollars.  With that kind of scam he could really spend more time with his family.   

Yeah, I don't know about Tom "selling" his interest.  Depending on how much it's still going to cost to get bASIC units to shipping stage and fulfil existing orders, a bail-out which allows him to walk away owing nothing might be the best he can hope for.

fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 01:39:45 AM

I am unclear why anyone has the impression march is a shipping date. Everyone was lied to just a sec ago and now you believe the rest of the story?
mining4fun11

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 02:13:22 AM

Might be time for a scammer tag. 
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2013, 02:45:37 AM

What's your fuckin' hurry? We're only on Page 3. This is at least a fifty pager, for there's a whole slew of facts and fictions that have yet to be presented. For instance, how this all got started: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qayDBYEt160
mining4fun11

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 02:50:17 AM

What's your fuckin' hurry? We're only on Page 3. This is at least a fifty pager, for there's a whole slew of facts and fictions that have yet to be presented. For instance, how this all got started: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qayDBYEt160

LOL that is some funny shit.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: