Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 27384 times)
bitmar

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 03:16:44 PM

Even if Tom did spend the preorder money and the company goes bankrupt without being able to refund all the preorders, I think a quick search of the forum would show he doesn't have a lot to worry about. It's not like Pirate's identity is hidden, and after Pirate's blatant scam fell apart all the keyboard rage here didn't produce anything.

CHRIS VLEISIDES - also did not hide of his identity. and so what? people have lost $ 25 million. Now he works in BFL and laughing at the victims.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 04:06:34 PM

Asked for a refund for all my ordered bASICs.

Hope He WILL send my money back, unlike other people in this community!

Good luck.

Doesn't seem like the refunding is working all that well though.

https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=1014.0
bcpokey

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 06:03:23 PM

Even if Tom did spend the preorder money and the company goes bankrupt without being able to refund all the preorders, I think a quick search of the forum would show he doesn't have a lot to worry about. It's not like Pirate's identity is hidden, and after Pirate's blatant scam fell apart all the keyboard rage here didn't produce anything.

Humans are interesting. If I dress up like a valet, and you hand me your keys, and I drive off with your really nice car, I go to State "rape-city" prison for up to three years. But if I tell a bunch of people that they are "investing" in some magic beans, and then abscond with all their money, it often results in... nothing?

It's like Eddie Izzard said

Pol Pot killed 1.7 million people. We can't even deal with that! You know, we think if somebody kills someone, that's murder, you go to prison. You kill 10 people, you go to Texas, they hit you with a brick, that's what they do. 20 people, you go to a hospital, they look through a small window at you forever. And over that, we can't deal with it, you know? Someone's killed 100,000 people. We're almost going, "Well done! You killed 100,000 people? You must get up very early in the morning. I can't even get down the gym! Your diary must look odd: “Get up in the morning, death, death, death, death, death, death, death – lunch- death, death, death -afternoon tea - death, death, death - quick shower…"

Moral of the story, if you're gonna steal from people, steal from A LOT of people.

I think I kind of know what if feels like to be a battered woman now. I hate all this ASIC drama-balls, but I actively seek it out on the forums, and I'll kind of miss it when it's all done.
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 06:38:08 PM

eh, fuck it.

imma ride it out.

2Kool4Skewl

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2013, 01:03:29 AM

R the ASIANS gonna add clock buffers???

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 01:24:47 AM

Here's the latest -
Tom has been working very hard to find a way to keep project bASIC moving forward.  I believe he has found a way to do this.  He will pull back from the project day-to-day and act as an adviser only.  He still has lots of valuable knowledge and contacts for this project and it would be terrible to lose him completely.

Tom wants to find the best solution for the customers and doesn't want to introduce any further delay, but he needs to step back from this.  He's shouldered a tremendous amount of pressure and stress and its become too much for him to bear alone.  However, he has brought us a very long way toward the ultimate goal.

There are new player(s) that have come to the fore pledging to support this project - this may come as a complete buyout or by taking a cash equity position - the details are being hammered out over the next day or two.  Tom has already put this project in the hands of a new team who will be able to realize his original vision, delivering all customer units by March.

These new people have a few things the project can really use: active involvement with Bitcoin, technical expertise, connections, experience, money.  No its not any of our competitors.  You will learn who the players are only when the deal is done and everything is nailed down.

Due to the delay with chip fab, the new team believes we *must* provide proof-of-tech.  Tomorrow I will post up a hard date by which we will deliver a video showing a hashing unit.  This will not be a production unit, but it will show that the hard work has been done (the chips work, the PCB design is complete).

Thanks to all you who are taking a supporting position on this project - you really prove to me that there is a positive community here who really wants to see bASIC succeed.

quote from dave on btcfpga forums.

If the chips and PCB are done, what is the remaining problem? Where is the stress from here on? Fab will bein the US so CNY should not be an issue. I dont get it.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 01:34:12 AM

Would be nice if Dave would focus 100% on getting people back their refunds.. keep seeing him dabble on the forums which isn't where the refund requests are sent to.

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
MichaelBliss

Activity: 526

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 02:13:11 AM

I'm waiting on refunds for 4 x 72Gh/s bASICs, and mortified to learn that it's up to Tom to process my refund, when he gets around to it apparently.

Also I've noticed someone deleted my msg on his forum asking Tom to refund my orders rather than waste time posting asking us to "believe him" or whatever he's saying now!

I have such a bad feeling about this now, I am planning my next step.  I know my chances of getting my BTC back are slim to none, but I now wonder which law enforcement agency should I be contacting about this?

Tom & Dave, if you're reading this - understand that those of us who want refunds DON'T BELIEVE YOU ANYMORE.  Stop making excuses and refund us our money!  How long does it take to send btc???  wtf?

Return my funds for my four orders #s: 945,1375,1480, 2090 by sending the BTC to 1CVmb947c2kGmQcQTjJFWAxMGRmEuLnnfW. 

Anyone interested could see that Tom isn't a scammer after all by looking at the balance:
http://blockexplorer.com/search/1CVmb947c2kGmQcQTjJFWAxMGRmEuLnnfW
what better way to give some confidence to the customers who still believe in you than to give us our refunds now!

I'd like my money back IMMEDIATELY (what I sent, not the $ equivilent today, I'm not interested in subsidizing you), otherwise I will do everything I can to go after Tom, Dave, and the non-existent btcfpga through all available legal channels. 
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 02:23:39 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2013, 02:38:36 AM by repentance

I know Dave is trying his best, but it really doesn't help when Tom says the project has been handed over but refuses to say to whom - and if everything isn't "nailed down" yet then all the reassurances in the world are worth nothing right now.  

Regardless of issues related to ownership, people want to know now who the "new team" is - and from what's been posted that isn't dependent on the new financial arrangements.

Quote from: Dave
Due to the delay with chip fab, the new team believes we *must* provide proof-of-tech.

I can't believe it needed a new team to tell you guys that.

What's the under/over on bASIC being acquired in part or wholly by Vercoin enterprises?

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
miter_myles

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 02:39:35 AM

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 02:45:35 AM

I'm waiting on refunds for 4 x 72Gh/s bASICs, and mortified to learn that it's up to Tom to process my refund, when he gets around to it apparently.

Also I've noticed someone deleted my msg on his forum asking Tom to refund my orders rather than waste time posting asking us to "believe him" or whatever he's saying now!

I have such a bad feeling about this now, I am planning my next step.  I know my chances of getting my BTC back are slim to none, but I now wonder which law enforcement agency should I be contacting about this?

Tom & Dave, if you're reading this - understand that those of us who want refunds DON'T BELIEVE YOU ANYMORE.  Stop making excuses and refund us our money!  How long does it take to send btc???  wtf?

Return my funds for my four orders #s: 945,1375,1480, 2090 by sending the BTC to 1CVmb947c2kGmQcQTjJFWAxMGRmEuLnnfW. 

Anyone interested could see that Tom isn't a scammer after all by looking at the balance:
http://blockexplorer.com/search/1CVmb947c2kGmQcQTjJFWAxMGRmEuLnnfW
what better way to give some confidence to the customers who still believe in you than to give us our refunds now!

I'd like my money back IMMEDIATELY (what I sent, not the $ equivilent today, I'm not interested in subsidizing you), otherwise I will do everything I can to go after Tom, Dave, and the non-existent btcfpga through all available legal channels. 

How can you expect the same amount of BTC back  Huh You are an idiot!!! You will get back the amount of BTC at CURRENT prices.BTC is a commodity...............NOT A CURRENCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
MichaelBliss

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 03:07:15 AM

"How can you expect the same amount of BTC back  Huh You are an idiot!!! You will get back the amount of BTC at CURRENT blah blah woof woof"

I am an idiot for expecting back what I gave him?   If I paid him 10 potatoes, I would expect 10 potatoes back.   I understand your "logic" of the price being fixed to USD etc, I might even agree with this *IF* this was a legit company and I was asking for a refund for some random reason.. That is not what is happening!!!  Put yourself in my shoes maybe.. If I was given some commodity from you, say an ounce of gold from you, for some purpose, then 6 months later you caught up to me and discovered everything I had promised was b.s. and lies and demanded your ounce of gold back, would you be cool w/ me checking the spot rate for gold, to discover gold has gone up a lot actually, so you won't get 1 ounce back but maybe 20% less?  Would that be fair?  The scammer gets the profit? Is that what bitcoin is about?

I'm demanding my btc back because I've been lied to.  3 of those basics were to ship December, the fourth one in January. Various promises and guarantees turned out to be pure lies, so I want back what I sent him.  They were lying all along.  I was an idiot for sending my btc, perhaps, but not for demanding it back. I work hard for money, and this represents my savings, why should Tom profit further from the btc I sent him?  Do you think we'd be discussing $ equivalent if the btc price had gone down not up?

repentance

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 03:09:57 AM

Would be nice if Dave would focus 100% on getting people back their refunds.. keep seeing him dabble on the forums which isn't where the refund requests are sent to.

Unfortunately, it seems to be Tom who's processing the refunds manually - Dave's just passing on the requests and the information necessary to make the refunds - and presumably Tom's pretty busy negotiating this bail-out rescue plan.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
miter_myles

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 03:20:18 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2013, 02:32:13 PM by miter_myles

I believe Tipsy Tom handles all BTC related refunds and Dave has access to push the CC refunds..

tick tock - tick tock..

Recommend to all CC "buyers" to hit the chargeback button.

---

Also - my reply in Tom's "please stay" thread has been removed I see... hmmmm:

Quote from: cablepair on Today at 03:38:45 PM

"please see how things develop"

"I give you my personal word"

"Give us a chance to get organized"

Tom - Quite frankly:

-I have seen how "things" develop when you are involved - you failed / not interested

-I have witnessed the use of you giving "your personal word" numerous times - doesn't mean anything / not interested

-I (along with many others) have given you a chance to get organized  - you failed / not interested

The number one priority right now should be YOU and DAVE processing refund requests until they are completed with little work on a "buyout" or "change of management" deal.  You at least after all this nonsense bullshit storm owe us the courtesy to quit jacking us around and honor the refunds NOW.

There should be a "Refund(s) Received Thread" started to track this as this will be my last attempt to wait before I hit up charge back land.

squid

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 03:30:31 AM

Ive been in talks with members from the Bitcoin community and thank God

it Looks more like the Bitcoin community itself will be buying this company - not some un-known asian company

I encourage all of you - please see how things develop over the next couple of days before you make your refund.

I give you my personal word BitcoinASIC is under new management and we guarantee delivery by March.

Give us a chance to get organized and then make your decision because bASIC is moving forward. Any customer that sticks around will have a bASIC unit hashing away in March GUARANTEED.

https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=1034.msg3051#msg3051

What a cluster-fuck.
MichaelBliss

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 03:37:32 AM

I posted a message directly after that one that Tom posted, asking him to spend time refunding my money rather than asking for more trust.  It was deleted...  

miter_myles

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 03:42:00 AM

I posted a message directly after that one that Tom posted, asking him to spend time refunding my money rather than asking for more trust.  It was deleted...  

Can't bother him right now while he sells the "company" for three cases of that piss water coorslight, a 40oz of smirfnoff ice  and a bag of opened rainbow skittles

repentance

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 03:43:42 AM

It's apparent that Tom really hasn't grasped that his "guarantee" and "personal word" no longer mean anything and that giving bASIC "a chance to get organised" (wasn't that what they were supposed to be doing for the last few months?) hasn't ended well for their customers so far.

And Tom should not presume to speak for the "new team" or the new owners.  They are the ones only ones who should be making any "guarantees" to the community at this point.

Pardo

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 03:43:52 AM

MichaelBliss, I don't know how payments were really handled as I never was a bASIC customer, but in general companies accept BTC as a payment only to instantly convert and keep them USD. I understand your frustration but I think that it's fair to receive your refund in USD or in BTC reconverted to today's BTC/USD rate.
Just think it the other way, picture if the BTC/USD rate had gone today down to 4. You would have been really pissed off if they had given you the refund in bitcoins right? Tongue
gyverlb

Activity: 896

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 03:44:21 AM

"How can you expect the same amount of BTC back  Huh You are an idiot!!! You will get back the amount of BTC at CURRENT blah blah woof woof"

I am an idiot for expecting back what I gave him?   If I paid him 10 potatoes, I would expect 10 potatoes back.

If you are given the 10 potatoes you paid with you would have 10 rotten potatoes...

Seriously, you bought some $USD worth of ASICs with Bitcoins, you'll get the same $USD worth with Bitcoins. If the Bicoin price had plummeted I assume you wouldn't want the same amount of Bitcoins but their $USD worth. I can understand you are pissed at the delays but it doesn't give you a magical right to be protected from the BTC/USD volatility.
At the moment you pre-ordered you converted your Bitcoins in $USD the same way you would have if you used a foreign currency, simple as that.

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: