Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 27384 times)
mtminer

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 01:14:47 AM

I got my CC refund that I requested on the 8th. So not all is lost.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 01:22:53 AM

Becoin, that screenshot is a from a BFL order, not a bASIC one.  Regardless, that is the Bitpay interface, no BTC prices were quoted on either BFL or bASIC's sites.
I know it is from BFL. I'm giving this example because at BFL the shit is quite bigger!

It is not important whose interface is this. What is important is the name of the document (Invoice) and the issuer (BF Labs).
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 01:27:42 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2013, 01:37:43 AM by Sitarow

Yes. Note the USD figure.
Did I say that the price is only in BTC? No. What I said is that the price is in BTC as well!

The BTC is in brackets because it's converted at a spot price, and not the official price of the invoice (and certainly wouldn't be legally recognised as the real price).
Those are of course your free interpretations... It is laughable that if some data in official document is unofficial if it is in brackets!?

Would you show me a screenshot of a similar invoice issued by a US based vendor if you purchased a product priced ONLY in USD with your GBP credit card? I would like to see the GBP price "in brackets"?

Their are ways to save when paying with foreign currency for items priced in USD. The exchange rate fluctuations effect both for the purchase and the refunds.

In this example you will need an Amazon 19.99% CC advertisement when processing payment for items in the cart.

Here is a great example issued by the Government of Canada.

http://www.fcac-acfc.gc.ca/eng/resources/publications/paymentoptions/ccfees/ccfees-4-eng.asp

Note at the bottom of the page

Returning goods purchased outside Canada

If you decide to return merchandise purchased in a foreign currency and get a refund from the merchant, the dollar amount of your refund may be different from the amount of the original transaction on your credit card statement.

The exchange rate fluctuates from day to day, and the exchange rate may be different on the date the refund was processed than on the original transaction date.
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2013, 02:59:00 AM

I woke up this morning and got my CC refund that I requested on 9th JAN 2013. Kudos to Tom and Dave for honoring the refunds. All the best to them.

ralree

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Manateeeeeeees

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 04:30:13 AM

Tom tells me we've paid out well over $200k in refunds from the bank account and $100k in BTC refunds - and they will continue.  Tom has paid me up on my recent invoice as well.  He continues to demonstrate that he is committed to working this out and taking care of the customers with the same integrity he shown in the past.

I'm hopeful that we will reach a tentative agreement early in the week, with a more formal deal signed by end of week.  More to come...

EDIT1: Offline until tomorrow around noon PST.  Please don't expect responses to your emails - I will process refunds throughout the day, and then let you know here in a post to check your order status.

From here: https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=1041.msg3096#msg3096

1MANaTeEZoH4YkgMYz61E5y4s9BYhAuUjG
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 04:47:59 AM

This whole argument is kind of moot since people aren't getting refunds at all.

Should have received a refund last week. Requested a refund on Jan 6.

Several members of this forum have reportedly received refunds already.

Been waiting for mine since Jan 6. People after me have claimed to have received them.

3 orders, 1332 (1x btc), 1723 (2x cc).

And I've sent 6 emails 2 and forum private messages. Was told I would receive a refund in 24 hours on friday. One my orders says "Ready to ship (cc)", while the other says "Refund Requested". So either I've just pissed him off some how so I'm not getting a refund, or I don't know.

Me <myemail>    Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 4:01 PM
To: dave@bitcoinasic.com
Cc: contact@btcfpga.com
Hello,

I have placed 2 orders with you. I would like to cancel one of those orders.

Can I please cancel and get a full refund on order #1723 for 2,169.98?

Me <myemail>    Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 6:24 AM

Dave,

Please cancel this cancellation. Cable pair finally posted something in the forum. That's all I wanted. It's bad when the main guy just disappears.

I repeat, do NOT cancel my order. Thank you

Thanks

[Quoted text hidden]
Me <myemail>    Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 4:13 AM

Dave,

Was not impressed with the most recent information. I'd like to go ahead and cancel my second order.

[Quoted text hidden]
Me <myemail>    Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 3:25 AM

Dave,

Just wanted to make sure you received this. I'm going to go ahead and go through with my original cancellation. Once again, no real information has been posted.

[Quoted text hidden]
Me <myemail>    Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Dave,

Since tom announce the sale of his ownership of btcfpga, I would like to request a refund for all of my orders #1331 and #1723 for a total of 3239.97$

If you would like you can refund it all as USD to my credit card. I believe my first order was paid for via BTC. However, if you would like to refund the BTC on the first order please let me know and I will give you an address to send to. The address I sent from no longer exists.

[Quoted text hidden]
Dave Carlson <dave@bitcoinasic.com>    Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 5:17 PM
To: Me <myemail>
Hi Tom - yes we can only refund CC orders back to the credit card for the amount they were charged for.  So can you send a payment address for your BTC order?  Thanks - refunds to be processed shortly.

Dave
[Quoted text hidden]
Me <Myemail>    Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 5:34 PM
To: Dave Carlson <dave@bitcoinasic.com>
Dave,

Thanks you can send the BTC to 14FJcW6cCJsrbEtxkPjcVjBu4GCkrNMDse

[Quoted text hidden]
Dave Carlson <dave@bitcoinasic.com>    Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 6:50 PM
To: Me <myemail>
Thanks <Me> - expect your BTC to be refunded today

Dave

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 2:34 PM, Me <myemail> wrote:

14FJcW6cCJsrbEtxkPjcVjBu4GCkrNMDse

Me<myemail>    Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Can I get a refund? I have not received a credit card or BTC refund.
[Quoted text hidden]

Me <myemail>    Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Cc: lukasbradley@gmail.com

Dave, forgot to CC lukas per the forum post. Have not received a bitcoin refund. Processing chargeback for the CC now.
[Quoted text hidden]

Sigma

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 05:26:59 AM

Been waiting for mine since Jan 6. People after me have claimed to have received them.

Also been waiting since Jan 6 and nothing. Although it does say "Refunded" on the order information page, my money has not shown up sadly.
Hopefully it is just held up over the weekend? We shall see I suppose.
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 05:31:17 AM

Also been waiting since Jan 6 and nothing. Although it does say "Refunded" on the order information page, my money has not shown up sadly.
Hopefully it is just held up over the weekend? We shall see I suppose.

If your status is refunded then your refund was processed. It will probably show up on monday or tuesday in your account.

My status has not been changed to refunded (signaling that it has been refunded/processed).

becoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 07:24:38 AM

In this example you will need an Amazon 19.99% CC advertisement when processing payment for items in the cart.

!?...

As I have expected, you can NOT find an example of an INVOICE that has 2 currencies!
Sitarow
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 07:32:25 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2013, 07:53:11 AM by Sitarow

!?...

As I have expected, you can NOT find an example of an INVOICE that has 2 currencies!
Dude welcome to my ignore list. lol

P.S when you get your cc statement foreign currency will  show two currencys on it. Purchases and refunds.

P.S.S In this case if you use BTC to pay down the USD amount on your invoice then bitpay acts as your credit card company.

Last edit...

The exchange rate fluctuates from day to day, and the exchange rate may be different on the date the refund was processed than on the original transaction date.
Sitarow
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 07:59:30 AM

Dave posted recently that
If it says "Refund Requested" it means he submitted your BTC refund request to Tom.  If you sent Dave mail prior to 1/11, and the status doesn't reflect what you expect, resend the mail.
becoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 08:42:45 AM

!?...

Dude welcome to my ignore list. lol

P.S when you get your cc statement foreign currency will  show two currencys on it. Purchases and refunds.
Dude, I get my cc statements from my bank. Those statements have a lot more than just 2 currencies. But they are just that - statement on a bank account, not an invoice for a purchased product. I hope some day you'll learn what is the difference between bank statements and invoices?
miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 12:18:10 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2013, 07:27:18 PM by miter_myles

No refund(s) yet here - but the CC company has started their dispute/chargeback investigation (and credited the amounts).

EDIT:

Received notification from Discover this AM that 1 of 2 orders have been "refunded from the merchant"

So - awaiting 1 more from Discover, and 1 from chase/Visa... both have disputes/chargebacks pending..

1 of 3 refunds received thus far..  (even though I have credits for all three pending chargeback investigations)

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
MichaelBliss

Activity: 526

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 07:36:40 PM

I wonder how many people who don't regularly follow this forum or the btcfpga forum, have no idea about what's happening, and therefore have not asked for a refund.  You know, the people who trusted the bASIC team and believed their money was in good hands?  The people who would never imagine that tom might have "left town".   

Law of the jungle and they are just sol? @Sitrow or any of the other bASIC team members: Will all the customers be contacted w/ the advice from the forums that they should ask for a chargeback or is it up to everyone to discover this for themselves and hope there's money left for their own refund? 

Nolo

Activity: 686

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 07:40:07 PM

I wonder how many people who don't regularly follow this forum or the btcfpga forum, have no idea about what's happening, and therefore have not asked for a refund.  You know, the people who trusted the bASIC team and believed their money was in good hands?  The people who would never imagine that tom might have "left town".   

Law of the jungle and they are just sol? @Sitrow or any of the other bASIC team members: Will all the customers be contacted w/ the advice from the forums that they should ask for a chargeback or is it up to everyone to discover this for themselves and hope there's money left for their own refund? 

After I get my refund back, I'll start to worry about them  Grin

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 08:32:01 PM

If you "pre-order" (i.e. invest) in a very early stage project such as bASIC, then you really should check their status on the boards every day. Investing in such a risky venture and then spending no time monitoring the situation and assuming all will work out fine is a ridiculously stupid thing to do.

After investing over $5K myself, I monitored these boards daily for information on the status of the project and bailed much earlier than most. The way I view it is that extra time I invested was to monitor and protect that $5K investment. Those who checked out are SOL but it is partially their fault for not protecting their own funds...
Sitarow
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 09:10:06 PM

I wonder how many people who don't regularly follow this forum or the btcfpga forum, have no idea about what's happening, and therefore have not asked for a refund.  You know, the people who trusted the bASIC team and believed their money was in good hands?  The people who would never imagine that tom might have "left town".    

Law of the jungle and they are just sol? @Sitarow or any of the other bASIC team members: Will all the customers be contacted w/ the advice from the forums that they should ask for a chargeback or is it up to everyone to discover this for themselves and hope there's money left for their own refund?

You pose a reasonable question. Unfortunately my involvement in the project is from a customer perspective.

I have volunteered my time to mod for the http://forum.btcfpga.com/ support forums.

Friday at around  18:00 on the irc #btcfpga channel Dave mentioned that he will be processing requested refunds until the backlog has been cleared. Then like BFL did today for customers with existing pre-orders, I would expect to see an email go out updating all bASIC customers on the project status.

At this time Dave is keeping us updated. On the forum located here                                                                                                
The discussion I had with Dave lead me to conclude that an email message was what he had intended to do once he gets a handle on the refund requests.
Miles Bennett Dyson

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 09:24:53 PM

I have 2 orders of total 3x 72GH/s units (1/3 which is BTC payed), which I have all requested refunds on. On the old BTCFPGA site it says my CC order is refunded but I do not have received any money in my bank account, and it's been days. And while no status change on the BTC order I also haven't received any btc back even tho Dave said on the forum that all BTC refunds were processed.

Anyone else in the same situation?

I read Dave said that if anyone is considering requesting a refund they might aswell do a chargeback. I hope that doesn't mean they won't process anymore refunds cause even tho Ill do much to get that much money back doing a chargeback with my bank is much hassle for myself.

Also, anyone got anymore contact info on Davebuzz or Tom? Or if you seen them hang out in an IRC channel lately, all I got was dave's email.
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 09:36:21 PM

Also, anyone got anymore contact info on Davebuzz or Tom? Or if you seen them hang out in an IRC channel lately, all I got was dave's email.

Someone on IRC said Tom changed his number....
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 09:37:40 PM

I have 2 orders of total 3x 72GH/s units (1/3 which is BTC payed), which I have all requested refunds on. On the old BTCFPGA site it says my CC order is refunded but I do not have received any money in my bank account, and it's been days. And while no status change on the BTC order I also haven't received any btc back even tho Dave said on the forum that all BTC refunds were processed.

Anyone else in the same situation?

I read Dave said that if anyone is considering requesting a refund they might aswell do a chargeback. I hope that doesn't mean they won't process anymore refunds cause even tho Ill do much to get that much money back doing a chargeback with my bank is much hassle for myself.

Dave processed a big bunch of refunds at the end of last week, but it will take several business days for those refunds to to hit your CC statement. I contacted my Visa provider for the refund put through I believe Thursday, and they said it probably won't show up until this Thursday or later.
The refund process will also cancel the chargeback, so the recommended path at this point is to start the chargeback as a safety measure, and if the refund comes in this week it will cancel the chargeback.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: