May 04, 2024, 02:22:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: best coin on the market?
VERGE - 294 (40.8%)
XVG - 427 (59.2%)
Total Voters: 721

Pages: « 1 ... 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 [663] 664 665 666 667 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [$XVG] VERGE [POW][MultiAlgo][TOR/i2P][no premine/ico!]  (Read 843553 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (51 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
gogo_vs

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2020, 12:51:13 AM

I still have the old Electrum Windows wallet and for the last few months I have had problem with syncing the wallet. The network button always stays red. Is this wallet still supported? If not, is there any guide how I can merge to a new wallet?
Thank you.

you have a few options. our tor electrum is still supported, or you can export the private keys from that wallet you have, and import them into a qt desktop wallet.

desktop wallets can be found here:
https://github.com/vergecurrency/VERGE/releases

I downloaded and installed the 6.0.2 wallet. Opened the wallet and closed. Downloaded and moved the blockchain data. Now the wallet shows I am 2 days behind but it's not syncing. I have 0 active connections to Verge network.
Is there any guide that would help me to set this up?
Thank you

you probably need to delete the peers.dat (while the wallet is closed)

I was able to connect and sync with the Electrum Tor wallet but no luck with the QT desktop wallet 6.0.2. I even tried 2 different computers, reinstalling the wallet and blockchain data, deleting "peers.dat". It just doesn't connect and not syncing. Kind of lost at this point. Not sure what the problem might be.

do you have tor running seperately? that would prevent the tor inside the wallet from connecting. are you in a country that blocks tor?

try starting your wallet with verge-qt.exe --dynamic-network

Thank you for your help. I finally figured it out.
Seems like AT&T (ISP in US) is restricting the connection even though the old Electrum Tor is connecting fine.
My friend who has Comcast (Another ISP in US) installed the QT wallet and connected right away so I tried connecting via T-Mobile hotspot and also connected/synced up right away.

great. thats strange though. US shouldnt have any issues with Tor. maybe try restarting the computer, or trying --dynamic-network or --without-tor

I don't understand either. Especially that Electrum Tor is working fine. I tried everything possible I guess. Even bypassing my router and going directly through modem.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009

$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2020, 12:53:47 AM

I still have the old Electrum Windows wallet and for the last few months I have had problem with syncing the wallet. The network button always stays red. Is this wallet still supported? If not, is there any guide how I can merge to a new wallet?
Thank you.

you have a few options. our tor electrum is still supported, or you can export the private keys from that wallet you have, and import them into a qt desktop wallet.

I downloaded and installed the 6.0.2 wallet. Opened the wallet and closed. Downloaded and moved the blockchain data. Now the wallet shows I am 2 days behind but it's not syncing. I have 0 active connections to Verge network.
Thank you

I was able to connect and sync with the Electrum Tor wallet but no luck with the QT desktop wallet 6.0.2. I even tried 2 different computers, reinstalling the wallet and blockchain data, deleting "peers.dat". It just doesn't connect and not syncing. Kind of lost at this point. Not sure what the problem might be.

do you have tor running seperately? that would prevent the tor inside the wallet from connecting. are you in a country that blocks tor?

Seems like AT&T (ISP in US) is restricting the connection even though the old Electrum Tor is connecting fine.
My friend who has Comcast (Another ISP in US) installed the QT wallet and connected right away so I tried connecting via T-Mobile hotspot and also connected/synced up right away.

great. thats strange though. US shouldnt have any issues with Tor. maybe try restarting the computer, or trying --dynamic-network or --without-tor

I don't understand either. Especially that Electrum Tor is working fine. I tried everything possible I guess. Even bypassing my router and going directly through modem.

if you are still running tor seperately, like you do for electrum-tor, you will need to close it. verge-qt wallet has tor built in already.

_///// [$XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
gogo_vs

View Profile
February 28, 2020, 03:10:23 AM

Thank you.

Thank you

if you are still running tor seperately, like you do for electrum-tor, you will need to close it. verge-qt wallet has tor built in already.

Yes. Tor wasn't running.
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2020, 12:16:25 PM

Welcome to trade:

please contact us, or add yourself to our website https://github.com/vergecurrency/vergecurrency.com

sv.alyona

Activity: 518
Merit: 18

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 01:41:15 PM

Developer and Verge Currency Justin Vendetta gives an interview in a video on the channel - Blockchain Interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbpG-dwJn2M&feature=youtu.be
LuckyLlama

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 08:32:02 PM

Well, after failing to get my Windows qt wallet updated/synced to the newest version, I decided to get on a new pc that has never had a single wallet on it and download the latest Windows qt wallet and then transfer the seed over to access my funds.  Couldn't get that wallet to begin syncing there either.  I left it on overnight and it still didn't sync a bit
I don't know what to do  Huh
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2020, 09:02:03 PM

Well, after failing to get my Windows qt wallet updated/synced to the newest version, I decided to get on a new pc that has never had a single wallet on it and download the latest Windows qt wallet and then transfer the seed over to access my funds.  Couldn't get that wallet to begin syncing there either.  I left it on overnight and it still didn't sync a bit

do you have tor running on the newer computer? other crypto wallets?

gogo_vs

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 10:09:06 PM

I had exactly same problem with the QT wallet. Not sure if the ISP is the problem but couldn't get it working on AT&T Uverse. The Electrum Tor wallet worked fine though.
Once I connected via Comcast or T-Mobile, the QT wallet started syncing right away.
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2020, 02:49:55 PM

I had exactly same problem with the QT wallet. Not sure if the ISP is the problem but couldn't get it working on AT&T Uverse. The Electrum Tor wallet worked fine though.
Once I connected via Comcast or T-Mobile, the QT wallet started syncing right away.

i forgot to ask, did u start the wallet with downloaded blockchain data from the website, or no?

gogo_vs

View Profile
April 02, 2020, 01:56:35 AM

i forgot to ask, did u start the wallet with downloaded blockchain data from the website, or no?

Tried both with the same results.
gartmah

Activity: 735
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 01, 2020, 06:03:11 PM

RoyalExchange has announced the addition of VERGE to its platform, such trading pairs will be available for traders
XVG-TRX, XVG-ETH, XVG-BTC
https://royal.exchange/pair/XVG-BTC

Mikel_ring

Activity: 2
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 12:33:26 PM

Hello friends,

I need your help to get access to an xvg-qt account. I bought a lot of verge-coins two weeks ago. Unfortunately the error happened to me to use a digibyte address. There are four corresponding wallet addresses for this address, including a valid singleVerge address. I was able to add the Verge address to my xvg-qt wallet, but the digibyte address's privkey is different from the verge-privkey. So the xcg coin are under watch in my wallet, but cannot activate them.

Question: how do I get my coin active?
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2020, 05:31:05 PM

Hello friends,

I need your help to get access to an xvg-qt account. I bought a lot of verge-coins two weeks ago. Unfortunately the error happened to me to use a digibyte address. There are four corresponding wallet addresses for this address, including a valid singleVerge address. I was able to add the Verge address to my xvg-qt wallet, but the digibyte address's privkey is different from the verge-privkey. So the xcg coin are under watch in my wallet, but cannot activate them.

hi.

im not sure i understand. how did you get a digibyte address? our qt wallet only produces verge pubkey/privkey pairs.

samspaces
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1030

View Profile
June 09, 2020, 11:15:57 AM

Hello friends,

hi.

im not sure i understand. how did you get a digibyte address? our qt wallet only produces verge pubkey/privkey pairs.

Just for fun just tested a bit. Importing a digibyte private key doesn't work, swapping the digibyte wallet.dat for the verge wallet.dat does. The verge client generates the same addresses as the digibyte client. So, my guess is just move the digibyte wallet.dat to the verge client and rescan. Back everything up before starting the clients.

If you want to cash out now that the price is higher, this method doesn't work, though Wink
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2020, 08:07:12 PM

Hello friends,

hi.

Just for fun just tested a bit. Importing a digibyte private key doesn't work, swapping the digibyte wallet.dat for the verge wallet.dat does. The verge client generates the same addresses as the digibyte client. So, my guess is just move the digibyte wallet.dat to the verge client and rescan. Back everything up before starting the clients.

If you want to cash out now that the price is higher, this method doesn't work, though Wink

lmao

hope you're doing well samspaces.  im sure as you know i generally dont even come on this board anymore.

samspaces
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2020, 08:53:04 PM

Haha, thanks, hope things are going good on your end. Still look at the posts here from time to time, as a good relic from 2013 should. Remember the first days of dogecoindark, you really came through for the project. Much appreciated! (goes for the rest of the team too)
Fallenkeith75

Activity: 242
Merit: 10

Hi Crypto Friends :)

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2020, 04:09:35 AM

Haha, thanks, hope things are going good on your end. Still look at the posts here from time to time, as a good relic from 2013 should. Remember the first days of dogecoindark, you really came through for the project. Much appreciated! (goes for the rest of the team too)

Same thoughts here. XVG is a pretty good project and has pretty much withstood the test of time, I hope you guys keep up the good work Cheesy

Make sure to always backup your crypto seeds and passphrases friends

~If you see this signature, I hope you have a great day today!~
HeitorMessias

Activity: 208
Merit: 32

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via" Seneca _

View Profile
June 13, 2020, 05:04:11 AM

Hi XVG community, great move and news in 2020 congrats for the great work
edipra997

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 13, 2020, 10:13:08 AM

node please my wallet 0 connection
samspaces
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2020, 12:15:17 PM

node please my wallet 0 connection

Remove peers.dat from the config folder and restart the client. Should connect.
Pages: « 1 ... 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 [663] 664 665 666 667 »
  Print  

Jump to: