Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:02:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XVG] Verge - Speculation & Discussion  (Read 243665 times)
Bencus

Activity: 265
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:44:18 AM

I personally invested a really small amount of my money into XVG, but regretted it. Had high hopes for this coin, but it underperforms shortly. In the long run though, I believe the idea, and the political situations around the world might give a nice increase in value, as I believe most of the privacy coins should increase in value as governments try to regulate the crypto market.
jhontwis

Activity: 756
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 02:10:47 PM

I am really curious as to how Verge can get into Poloniex. I think project owners should work seriously in this regard. Try again. The prize will be a very influential effect which will be reflected positively.
georgemamat

Activity: 476
Merit: 75

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:25:17 PM

Verge is processing Bittrex. In this case, it is already expected to be processed in different places. I'm surprised you're not at Poloniex. The price of the field is too volatile. I need to be very careful when investing.
classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:09:18 PM

Poloniex is a failing exchange - they have too many shitcoins and their support is over-taxed. Bittrex is providing better volume and seems to be more reliable (for now)

Cross-posting from the ANN thread, McAfee partnered with this guy and he leaked his magic spreadsheet: https://twitter.com/noBScrypto

TLDR; XVG is in the top 5 buy recommendations
Bittoshi

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:43:06 AM

This is an excellent coin with a good design and highly demanded technology. If you do not know what to buy then buy privacy coins - they will surely grow. I believe that it will also show a well performance in the long run.

I agree on this! Privacy coins and especially Verge might have a great future once more and more governments start to try to regulate cryptos.

Bitgesell (BGL):  A modern and truly scarce store of value. Burn rate is 90% of tx fee. Yearly block reward halving.

It's just the beginning!
vastmast

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

ARIZN - Tokenised Crowdfunding Platform

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:48:03 AM

After a long time, I have found a good view of investing in the verge. It will take a while to become as powerful as the old one and a high price, but investors are no longer worried now Smiley

______________▂   arizn  ▂______________       ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                             A TOKENISED CROWD FUNDING PLATFORM                                     ◄ ICO: 30% BONUS  ►
Facebook Twitter Youtube Instagram Website Wallet Telegram Whitepaper     ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
leea-1334

Activity: 2268
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:01:54 AM

Poloniex is a failing exchange - they have too many shitcoins and their support is over-taxed. Bittrex is providing better volume and seems to be more reliable (for now)

Cross-posting from the ANN thread, McAfee partnered with this guy and he leaked his magic spreadsheet: https://twitter.com/noBScrypto

Magic spreadsheet leaked. If it was really magic, he would not have leaked it. I bet he wants it to leak so we can all buy in and make his prophecies come through. That is the real magic Wink

I am a Monero holder, but I also now bought a little bit of Verge,,, yes I could not ignore how much people are talking about it. Thought I got it at a nice dip but since prices kept going lower, I guess I will add a tiny bit more and see what happens by April. Stop loss at 25%, profit taking at 25%. Medium risk I guess.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....

classicsucks

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:53:21 PM

Magic spreadsheet leaked. If it was really magic, he would not have leaked it. I bet he wants it to leak so we can all buy in and make his prophecies come through. That is the real magic Wink

I am a Monero holder, but I also now bought a little bit of Verge,,, yes I could not ignore how much people are talking about it. Thought I got it at a nice dip but since prices kept going lower, I guess I will add a tiny bit more and see what happens by April. Stop loss at 25%, profit taking at 25%. Medium risk I guess.

Well I suppose that's true of any investment advice and/or strategy... Any Wall St. guy will tell you they're more interested in mass psychology than in fundamentals. Everything is manipulated through fake news etc. Look at the Dow recently, now there is a lawsuit saying they rigged the VIX volatility index to game the markets...

If he made public what his metrics were I would have more confidence in the magic spreadsheet. But more than anything, when McAfee partners with anyone it's usually time for a big pump - the guy has huge assets and a huge following. Unfortunately there is usually a dump soon after.

I'm in XVG for a 1-year+ run. Personally I think the utility of privacy coins will become more and more clear this year, as people are increasingly harassed by tax authorities, KYC, and crypto thieves and hackers. XVG, DASH, XMR, and maybe PIVX or ONION are the best choices IMHO, for various reasons. I'm not leaking my magic spreadsheet tho.
MtRev

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 09:10:16 PM

I think after McAfee ANN, it's going to take a while before XVG corrects itself.

Don't trade alone! Let's Talk Money!
Stocks, Options, Crypto, Forex, Dividends and the Commodities market
raven.tiu17

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:35:08 PM

Well I suppose that's true of any investment advice and/or strategy... Any Wall St. guy will tell you they're more interested in mass psychology than in fundamentals. Everything is manipulated through fake news etc. Look at the Dow recently, now there is a lawsuit saying they rigged the VIX volatility index to game the markets...

If he made public what his metrics were I would have more confidence in the magic spreadsheet. But more than anything, when McAfee partners with anyone it's usually time for a big pump - the guy has huge assets and a huge following. Unfortunately there is usually a dump soon after.

I'm in XVG for a 1-year+ run. Personally I think the utility of privacy coins will become more and more clear this year, as people are increasingly harassed by tax authorities, KYC, and crypto thieves and hackers. XVG, DASH, XMR, and maybe PIVX or ONION are the best choices IMHO, for various reasons. I'm not leaking my magic spreadsheet tho.

Yes this year would be a year of Security or Anonymous coin. I'm hugefan of XVG, KYC will destroy people's identity. Especially when people realize that there's alot of hacking in an exchange or wallet. We wanted to have decentralized and it should be needed as soon as possible. I agree on your third stanza Privacy coins will becoming more and more clear this year.
MtRev

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 09:45:57 PM

What we need is a good decentralized exchange to go with these privacy coins

Don't trade alone! Let's Talk Money!
Stocks, Options, Crypto, Forex, Dividends and the Commodities market
cercitolga4545

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:36:16 PM

I think if you ask whether the price goes back to the peak prices again. But it can fall again again. In this case, I do not think it is a logical tool for investment.
Saidmod

Activity: 659

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:31:35 AM

I think if you ask whether the price goes back to the peak prices again. But it can fall again again. In this case, I do not think it is a logical tool for investment.
I have a gut feeling in xvg that it will be a $1 coin value in the future. Like what you say it can fall again and im waiting for that opportunity to buy and hold for a long time. My mistake is selling it below 500sats and i will not do it again.

▄▄▄
        █████
        █████
         ▀▀▀
     ▄█
███████▄    ▄█████▄   ███████▄   ███   ███  ███        ▄█████▄   ███   ███   ▄█████▄
    ███ █████████  █████████  █████████  ███   ███  ███       █████████  ███   ███  █████████
    ███ ███  ▀███  ███   ███  ███  ▀███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
    ███ ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███▄
    ███ ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███   ███▄
    ███ ███  ▄███  ███   ███  ███  ▄███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███    ▀███▄
    ███ █████████  ███   ███  █████████  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███      ▀███
    ███ ███████▀   ███   ███  ███████▀   ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███       ▀███
        ███        ███   ███  ███        ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
        ███        █████████  ███        █████████  ████████  █████████  █████████  █████████
        ███         ▀█████▀   ███         ▀█████▀   ████████   ▀█████▀    ▀█████▀    ▀█████▀
                                                                       WORLD

▄████▄▄   ▄
  █▄          ██████████▀▄
  ███        ███████████▀
  ▐████▄     ██████████▌
  ▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
  ▀████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
    ▄▄███████████████
     ▀█████████████▀
      ▄▄█████████▀
  ▀▀██████████▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄
     █▀ █  ▄   ▄  █ ▀█
    █ ▀█   █   █   █▀ █
   █▀ █ ▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀ █ ▀█
   █▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄█
   █▀█▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀█▀█
   █▄ █ ▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▄█ ▄█
    █ ▄█   █   █   █▄ █
     █▄ █  ▀   ▀  █ ▄█
      ▀█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
            █████
          █████████
        █████████████
      █████████████████
    █████████████████████
  █████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      █████████████████
        █████████████
          █████████
            ████

RECEIVE    ⇩ ⇩
          9% DISCOUNT         
⇨  BUY NOW 
Bencus

Activity: 265
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:27:18 PM

I have a really low amount in XVG, but still, I hope it will go up, as privacy coins might see increase.
However, as I would not like to say it, XVG was a disappointment for me overall.
Or I just had too high expectations and the coin is still in the correction phase.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 10:00:30 PM

I do not understand why many people compare Verge to Monero. After all, now there are many anonymous coins which can be compared. But why? After all, these are different projects that develop in different ways. It seems to me that Verge will not be able to achieve the same popularity as Monero.

classicsucks

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:01:06 AM

I do not understand why many people compare Verge to Monero. After all, now there are many anonymous coins which can be compared. But why? After all, these are different projects that develop in different ways. It seems to me that Verge will not be able to achieve the same popularity as Monero.

Simple. There are about 15 privacy coins, and really only 4 of them are even close to ready for production and are well-maintained: XMR, DASH, Zcash, and XVG.  Each has its pros and cons. XMR is hard-to-use killer technology, but transactions are slow and expensive. DASH is a bit flawed technically but has a huge user base and is a really fast network (good enough technically and working quite well). Zcash was developed by Israeli intel and is supposedly great but can't be trusted at all, plus the devs take 20% of all mined coins, making it essentially useless. XVG is a feature-rich Tor-based network coin that has a LOT of transaction volume and a wide investor base. It features tons of wallets and a good dev team.

I tried to tell everybody that XVG would pump on the McAfee announcement... I took a 15% gain in 24 hours my friends. Bought back in today.
BitLendingClub

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:36:53 PM

Simple. There are about 15 privacy coins, and really only 4 of them are even close to ready for production and are well-maintained: XMR, DASH, Zcash, and XVG.  Each has its pros and cons. XMR is hard-to-use killer technology, but transactions are slow and expensive. DASH is a bit flawed technically but has a huge user base and is a really fast network (good enough technically and working quite well). Zcash was developed by Israeli intel and is supposedly great but can't be trusted at all, plus the devs take 20% of all mined coins, making it essentially useless. XVG is a feature-rich Tor-based network coin that has a LOT of transaction volume and a wide investor base. It features tons of wallets and a good dev team.

I tried to tell everybody that XVG would pump on the McAfee announcement... I took a 15% gain in 24 hours my friends. Bought back in today.
I think XMR is the best choice. Because it's a coin that time-tested and quite predictable. But I don't same about XVG. And Dash and Zec have another principals in basis that's why it is privacy partially
Daddyj2

Activity: 532
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:45:50 PM

I'm done with XVG. This coin is all hype like TRX.  Lips sealed

"Hard work puts you where luck can find you."
leea-1334

Activity: 2268
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:52:23 PM

Which is why no one should ever lend more power to something like that. In any circumstance, it stops being a leak when everyone knows it is a leak, in my opinion. But yes, like you said, the big pump is usually true, and I can see XVG bouncing at over 20%, which strangely still does not take it to the levels of early February (when I finally bought some haha).

As I mentioned, I do believe in privacy coins but Monero is the only one that instils confidence in me. XVG is only a holding for a year, perhaps two, depending on how it performs. I do not see myself actually using it for anything other than trading!

.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....

georgemamat

Activity: 476
Merit: 75

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:52:56 PM

XVG is starting to come around a lot. I think it is a very risky project for investment. I think it may be appropriate for what to shoot shortly. I do not think long term.
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: