Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:27:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [EDU] How to spot a scammer (Read this before doing any transactions!)  (Read 148533 times)
jovs

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 09:58:37 PM

Someone said it elsewhere: the hardcore usage of "sir" and/or "bro" seems to be done by scammers.

i cannot see the use of "sir" and "bro", one of the other sure, but who walks around using sir and bro together, lol, just lightening the mood, sorry
There is no certain word that can make you considered as a scammer, therefire using of sir or bro didn't indicate a person as a scammer(usually). Actually, scammers are those who will let you realize that you can get more advantage than with them if both of you are going to deal. They will late you panic, to close the deal in order to make an very swift transaction. Never fall on their traps.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anglorsan

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 01:07:50 AM

Hello all, I am new to this forum and cannot post yet, once I have the rights I will most likely place this comment in its own post. Question: do any of you have information on whether to or not invest on multilevel bitcoin schemes, where alleged brokers do trading for you in exchange of a % on the earnings, it seems that a 5% daily return is very attractive, among other payments for referrals, etc.  E.g. twobitcoin, mecoin,
this seems to good to be true. your comments are higly appreciated.

Thanks!
silverkamote

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 09:51:53 AM

you can protect yourselves by doing this: 1. Don’t trust anyone claiming they will give you or help you mine bitcoin. Again, cryptocurrency is valued by cybercriminals for a reason, and nefarious behavior related to bitcoin runs rampant on social media and digital channels.
2. Avoid URLs associated with social media profiles advertising too-good-to-be-true bitcoin offers.
3. Be vigilant when engaging with the social media accounts of legitimate bitcoin brokers or trading platforms, as they are frequently victims of convincing impersonations.
4. Never engage in any financial transaction, bitcoin or otherwise, via direct message on social networks.
If you have already been scammed, report the crime to the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center, but do not expect to see your bitcoins again.
bitnew17

Activity: 38

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 10:33:46 PM

very informative, thank you.
Eminx3

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 01:32:03 PM

Very good information. Thanks for the good examples as well which are up there (examples of what scams look like and what genuine  propositions may look like).

I think one should not ignore the their intuition in this whole shebang.  If you get a gut feeling something is off or gonna go bad, or just not sure about it but cant quite put your finger on it.... its a good sign things may go sour... through all the years of experience one has had in the world, the unconscious mind can see pick up patterns we aren't aware of consciously, and that gut feeling is that i think at times.

I feel my sentences up there may not be written the best way... but my point is, don't ignore your gut feeling, trust your intuition.

The tips given in this topic is gold,  I hope the people who need it find it =)
Casatokuser

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 12:42:42 PM

Very good overview.

But I see a "funny" problem:
If there appears a let's say, more intelligent scammer, he would first do his research and
will maybe find this post. Orienting on your descriptions the scammer could adapt his behavior
to avoid accusations and seems to be a trustworthy user.

But I think that is always a problem with detailed warnings: the bad guys can read them too and just adapt.
trynaEat2

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:09:58 AM

Hi im new and I feel I almost got sucked in and scammed last night-

Although the user involved isnt a newbie the way I went about the escrow was completely wrong upon reading this section- I tried to use Monbux- but there was another email that linked to monbux- first it seemed like i was dealing with the monbux.bitcointalk but the email was chemakotka11@gmail.com than another email from nicollesmith98uk@gmail.com - I was very confused- i wanted to purchase an S9 i have been looking on here for a while but i dont know who or what to trust and not sure how to proceed.

Can someone give some advice or give some insight- I thought the intital user was legit who himself was pointing out shady users- but then again after reading this i realized real quick if its too good to be true it usually is and that i never got a response from the actual escrow account itself- thats when i had to cancel the gift card transaction but i want to make purchases and transactions securely in the future
Danos

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 01:38:54 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2017, 02:47:54 PM by Danos

Although the user involved isnt a newbie the way I went about the escrow was completely wrong upon reading this section- I tried to use Monbux- but there was another email that linked to monbux- first it seemed like i was dealing with the monbux.bitcointalk but the email was chemakotka11@gmail.com than another email from nicollesmith98uk@gmail.com - I was very confused- i wanted to purchase an S9 i have been looking on here for a while but i dont know who or what to trust and not sure how to proceed.

Can someone give some advice or give some insight- I thought the intital user was legit who himself was pointing out shady users- but then again after reading this i realized real quick if its too good to be true it usually is and that i never got a response from the actual escrow account itself- thats when i had to cancel the gift card transaction but i want to make purchases and transactions securely in the future

I requested escrow dealing with this jerk.
Why calling him jerk? Because i requested escrow for s9 sale and told him to request escrow "monbux" because i found him the most trusted around.
After him posting his email requesting escrow service, few scammers contacted him obviously trying to rob him, and this idiot not only refusing to use escrow because some retards around trying to catch him, but also point me with bad names saying im the one trying to trick him.
So, idiot, i told you twice, we using escrow and escrow only because you are shady as fuck and i will never deal you directly.
I told you also twice to never respond anyone else than monbux but you obviously did and then trying to clean yourself pointing other people with bad names for no reason.
Well guess what, you are proven failed scammer or an idiot who can't run away properly when your scam got failed.
For all people reading this, please, beware that idiot is trying to waste your time and pull you with some bullshit story so he can cover his failed attempt to scam.
Beware and always request escrow using this guy.
You were warned

trynaEat2

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 04:38:58 PM

I requested escrow dealing with this jerk.
Why calling him jerk? Because i requested escrow for s9 sale and told him to request escrow "monbux" because i found him the most trusted around.
After him posting his email requesting escrow service, few scammers contacted him obviously trying to rob him, and this idiot not only refusing to use escrow because some retards around trying to catch him, but also point me with bad names saying im the one trying to trick him.
So, idiot, i told you twice, we using escrow and escrow only because you are shady as fuck and i will never deal you directly.
I told you also twice to never respond anyone else than monbux but you obviously did and then trying to clean yourself pointing other people with bad names for no reason.
Well guess what, you are proven failed scammer or an idiot who can't run away properly when your scam got failed.
For all people reading this, please, beware that idiot is trying to waste your time and pull you with some bullshit story so he can cover his failed attempt to scam.
Beware and always request escrow using this guy.
You were warned

DANOS IS THE GUY WHO TOLD ME TO PUT MY EMAIL IN THE THREAD TO THE ESCROW! HE KNEW I WAS A NEWBIE AND TRIED TO EXPLOIT ME!! HE PRESSURED ME AND I DIDNT ACCUSE ME BUT AFTER HE CALLED ME AN IDIOT I HAVE SCREEN SHOTS AND EMAIL PROOF THAT I WAS NOT DEALING WITH MONBUX BUT A FRAUD MOST LIKELY DANOS! BEWARE WHEN DEALING WITH PUNKS TRYING TO RUSH YOU INTO SENDING THEM AMAZON GIFT CARDS TO EXPEDITE A TRANSACTION! SHADY AS FUCK IS RIGHT ! YOU WOUDLNT PROVIDE ANY PROOF OF THE S9 AND I NEVER RECIEVED ANY MESSAGES FROM THE ACTUAL ESCROW SERVICE EVER! IT WAS ALWAYS A FAKE ACCOUNT! WITH THE EMAILS MENTIONED IN MY ORIGINAL THREAD
Danos

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 10:08:45 PM

ofc you will put your email, consider the escrow itself leave his email as contact and we need his services, obviously its good idea to leave any form of contact consider he's not using skype or anything like that.
or now you blaming me that some retards around (and they are 12312321321) trying to scam you because your email is public?
welcome to the bitcoin community where everyone is trying to rob you.
and me (the one who requested fair and honest trade via escrow) was pointed with bad names for no reason, just because i wanted the trade with the new member (you) to be secured via escrow?
you need some professional medical help mate.
im aware of the scammers around and i protect myself, but you or anyone stupid enough to fall on the scammers attempts deserve to be scammed.
i was glad that you didn't fall on those retards attempts, but now after seeing your lame excuses and trying to point fingers randomly to people who are looking to trade only via escrow because its the only safe say, i don't feel glad that they didn't catch you.

Edit: Also, stating you have some kind of proofs or anything, do you mind show the community, how im connected with the retards trying to scam you ?
or you just have evidences that you fucking placed your contact details public and you are easy target to everyone who trying to scam around?
at least, try to use your brain, you will get headache for sure but at least you may realize whats going on around you.

trynaEat2

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:38:41 PM

ofc you will put your email, consider the escrow itself leave his email as contact and we need his services, obviously its good idea to leave any form of contact consider he's not using skype or anything like that.
or now you blaming me that some retards around (and they are 12312321321) trying to scam you because your email is public?
welcome to the bitcoin community where everyone is trying to rob you.
and me (the one who requested fair and honest trade via escrow) was pointed with bad names for no reason, just because i wanted the trade with the new member (you) to be secured via escrow?
you need some professional medical help mate.
im aware of the scammers around and i protect myself, but you or anyone stupid enough to fall on the scammers attempts deserve to be scammed.
i was glad that you didn't fall on those retards attempts, but now after seeing your lame excuses and trying to point fingers randomly to people who are looking to trade only via escrow because its the only safe say, i don't feel glad that they didn't catch you.

Edit: Also, stating you have some kind of proofs or anything, do you mind show the community, how im connected with the retards trying to scam you ?
or you just have evidences that you fucking placed your contact details public and you are easy target to everyone who trying to scam around?
at least, try to use your brain, you will get headache for sure but at least you may realize whats going on around you.

WHAT EVERYONE SHOULD NOTE AND ANYONE WHO WANTS TO SEE THE SCREEN SHOTS CAN PM ME PRIVATELY IS THAT THIS ASSCLOWN DANOS TOLD ME TO INITIATE THE ESCROW BY EMAILING AND SENDING A PM ON THE FORUM- I NEVER RECEIVED A RESPONSE TO THE EMAIL THE BUYER REQUESTING PROTECTION!! YET HE SOMEHOW WAS ABLE TO GET IN CONTACT WITH THE ESCROW VIA EMAIL (THE WORST METHOD OF CONTACT MIND YOU) BUT I WAS NEVER ABLE TO GET A RESPONSE, THEN GETS MAD AT ME FOR NOT SENDING THE SCREEN SHOTS TO SOME THIRD PARTY EMAIL CLAIMING TO BE ESCROW AS MENTIONED IN MY INITIAL POST. I WAS THE ONE AT RISK TO BE SCAMMED WITH MY MONEY , YET HES FLIPPING THE SCRIPT- HES GOT SOMETHING COMING

IF ANYONE WANTS TO SEE SCREENSHOTS PM ME
bradleyb5155

Activity: 59

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:41:29 AM

I always hate it when it comes to scam accusations because its the fault of the idiot that participates in it. Its best to take small risk but not big ones because we can end up loosing it all.
DarkSi

Activity: 294
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:43:14 AM

Good stuff, thanks. Is there a similar topic for ICO scams?
burky156

Activity: 658
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 10:30:51 AM

Too many scammers on the net. I had some mistakes and lost 0.08 BTC totaly. But now i know how to manage my BTC balance thankfully Smiley
cipher-x_09

Activity: 168
Merit: 120

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 11:11:39 AM

Thanks for the tip men there are various of newbies I've seen requesting a loan in which if this was not posted then many might get be a fall a victim there was requesting to trave a bitcoin if you were a newbie you've been fall in their traps. They are are using maniacal techniques just to get a hand of other peoples money.

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
JackWilshereCrypto

Activity: 38

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:44:48 PM

What do you say man ?
We have 4 computer scientists in our group, 3 of which have awarded a Ph.D.
Lots of sophisticated algorithms are  implemented.

Here is our channel and the signals
Every thing is transparent
You can check every signal on the chart to verify the results.
I am sorry for those who say something without a background knowledge
Our experience of 2 years of data analysis is turned into a tool which we've shared
freely for now in a trial version.
For more information you can join the following channel

Pump/dump detector, price predictor and auto-trader robot Trial version....

https://t.me/BitWatcherTrial
Podgor

Activity: 400

SELLING AMAZON

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:51:56 AM

It's time to get something done with all the scammers, there's too many of them still stealing from honest people who just want to expand their business.

Restrict marketplace access, make people work for ability to trade trade.
Ban all well know scammers and everything digitally connected to them.
Spread more awarness among new members or unexperienced people who don't really do much deal.

Feel free to join the discussion how can we make bitcointalk a bit better place.

Anton Gera

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:06:09 PM

Alright, so I've been PM'd by a few people what red-flags to look out for since I have a pretty good track record of spotting scammers.  Sometimes I get it wrong, but better safe than sorry.  Anyway, watch out for the typical behavior from scammers who will usually fit at least two or three (and sometimes even more) of the following characteristics:

0. Newbies, NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH OTHER NEWBIES, EVER. There are plenty of veteran members to do business with and ALWAYS use escrow. If you're a newbie you're doing business with another newbie, there's a 100% chance that you will get scammed (or you're a scammer yourself).
1. New account (usually created within the last 3 months, plus or minus)
2. Low-medium message count with vapid posts of little to no contributory value
3. Use of a seemingly realistic first/last name as their forum account name
4. Signs posts with full name
5. Straight out of Newbie mode right into Lending (requesting a loan of course)
6. Straight out of Newbie mode right into Currency Exchange (PayPal, Liberty Reserve, Western Union)
7. Straight out of Newbie mode and selling gift cards/codes/Steam games of any kind
(they'll often be purchased with stolen CC info, leaving you holding the bag later on down the road)
8. Any user blatantly claiming to be female
9. New user trying to sell an Apple iAnything
10. Sob stories asking for handouts
11. Never send to a Bitmerch.com address for escrow!!!

There.  Pretty much in a nutshell how to spot a scammer.  There's still some finesse to spotting a scammer, but these rules will separate most of the wheat from the chaff, so to speak.  Oh, and I guess there's one more rule:

12. NEVER DO BACKROOM DEALS VIA PM WITH NEW USERS. Make sure all deals are negotiated in the open forum for both public record and peer review.

Examples of posts that fit the scammer pattern:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=193037.0 btcmank (Scammer, Numerous references, just do a search on his forum name)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=221204.0 Liberty Payout (Scammer, Numerous references, just do a search on his forum name)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=213754.0 Chalie215 (Pending, New acct + Loan req)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=214277.0 Waterberry (Pending, New acct + Loan req)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=212603.0 badgerman (Pending, New acct + Loan req)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=188645.0 CryptoTrader (Scammer, New acct + Currency exchanging where you send first)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=188674.0 vivithemage (Pending, Old dormant account newly revived and asking for a loan)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=186031.0 kidcudi09 (Pending, New acct + Loan req)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=185898.0 ashleysly (Pending, New acct + Loan req + Signs with full name + Implied female)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=183309.0 theblazehen (Pending, New acct + Loan req)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=181429.0 btc-escrow.co (Pending, New acct + Loan req)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=180757.0 barneyss (Pending, New acct + Loan req, Highly implausible story)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=180246.0 Slix313 (Pending, New acct + Loan req)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=173718.0 ionux (Pending, New acct + Loan req)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=171031.0 StealthyDamn (Pending, New acct + Get rich quick scam)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=173215.0 brie (Pending, New acct + Loan req)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=172793.0 badgetman (Pending, New acct + Loan req for 2 BTC)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=119896.msg1793008#msg1793008 Bitzing (New acct + Taking MP and not delivering BTC, More info, Credit goes to BCB)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=171613.0 nawazish1 (Pending, New acct + Loan req)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170446.0 zakolivers (Pending, New acct + Wants to buy BTC with PayPal. He uses a seemingly real first/last name as his username, so he's gotta be legit, right?)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=169922.0 vitalemontea (Scammer, New acct + Peddling digital goods/WU, More info)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=165884.0 Flux79 (Pending, New acct + Gift cards)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=168669.0 lucyhiggins (Scammer*, New acct + Wants you to link your bank account to his PayPal account)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167429.0 TreePot (Pending, New acct + Loan req)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=166991.0 refta (Pending, New acct + Loan req)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=166438.0 OMGBobMarley (Scammer, New acct + Loan req)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=166014.0 World Commerce (Pending, New acct + Reloadable CC)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=145234.0 RobertClemons (Pending, New acct + Attempting to buy BTC with Paypal acct that doesn't belong to him)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=163256.0 GoldenAngel (Pending, New acct + "Investment" req)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=164166.0 Xnives99 (Pending, New acct + Loan req)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=162204.0 DastanX (Scammer, New acct + Loan req, Claims it was filled but probably won't provide a TxID)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=161647.0 c0ikws (Pending, New acct + Loan req)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=159934.0 ChickaDee (Scammer, New acct + Loan req, Man-in-the-Middle scam, alt of marketersales, More info, Credit goes to John (John K.))
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=159764.0 ffernandex (Pending, New acct + Loan req, I think this one was meant to be a joke though)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=158639.0 TheDarkBanker (Pending, New acct + Gift cards)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=157764.0 instaBoost (Scammer, New acct + Money exchange deals, iPhones for sale, More info)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=154761.0 BitPanda (Scammer, New acct + Loan req, Loan filled by another new acct Surpbitcoin)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=154010.0 rockso (Scammer, More info, Credit goes to Littleshop)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=153203.0 Humanxlemming (Pending, New acct + Loan req)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=152965.0 MoneypakBuyer (Scammer, New acct + Loan req, More info)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=152461.0 tacoman359 (Pending, New account + Microsoft Points)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=152120.0 Darkdata (Pending, New acct + Loan req)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=151995.0 otown240 (Pending, New acct + Loan req, Nvm he was instructed to post a request by kjlimo as a matter of public record)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=151563.0 bennybong (Pending, New acct + Loan req)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=151398.0 whathe12 (Pending, New acct + Loan req)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=151195.0 kush1218 (Scammer, New account + Gift cards, alt of firstlady0524, More info, Credit goes to Blazr)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=94513.00 xavil (Pending, Possible attempt at a fraudulent private BTC purchase, Credit goes to BCB)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=150569.0 paysafecardbitcoin (Pending, New acct + Loan req)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=150349.0 Intueri (Scammer, More info, New acct + Loan req, Posting history seems to indicate a gambling habit)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=148593.0 UncleBuckRIU (Pending*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=146968.0 flavius (Pending)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=146788.0 d3adleavez (Pending*, New acct + Loan req)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=146362.0 OrangeVonPurple (Scammer*, Possibly alt of marketersales, tacoman359, and OMGBobMarley. Went straight to selling XBoxLive points.)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=145505.0 RHCwebhosting (Pending*, Multiple red-flags on this one. Should be pretty obvious)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=145274.0 bluedye (Pending)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=145219.0 nlovric (Pending, User appears to be legit)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=145225.0 nlovric (Pending)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=147357.0 ironcross360 (Pending)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=144992.0 ironcross360 (Pending)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=145195.0 emma (Pending, May be legit, but as always use caution. See: http://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,1179.msg6757.html)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=144665.0 tldoctor (Pending, Now that he's had time to get a few posts in, it appears this is a legit user. His initial timing of the loan request was a bit alarming though)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=144559.0 hiddenoreo (Pending, New acct + Multiple loan reqs)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=144582.0 jspring (Pending, Gift cards)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=142104.0 flatlinezor (Pending, Gift cards)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=143883.0 tantienstar69 (Pending*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=143415.0 tantienstar69 (Pending*, vouched for by audiation)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=142058.0 koelen3 (Pending*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=141424.0 claire (Scammer*, Loan requests (check!), MoneyPak (check!), gift cards (check!))
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=56835.00 SirChiko (Scammer*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=144012.0 realityfalacy (Pending*, Might be legit but the timing of the loan request is suspicious)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=141739.0 realityfalacy (Pending*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=141548.0 lakzo (Pending)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=141456.0 uhnonamiss (Pending, more Giftcards for Bitcoins)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=140690.0 ridgemont4 (Pending)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=140846.0 KJTetc (Pending*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=140933.0 blakbeard (Pending*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=140531.0 raven666 (Pending*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=141039.0 cardinalG (Scammer*, More info)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=140049.0 cardinalG (Scammer*, More info)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=140095.0 AndrewJ (Scammer*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=139935.0 constitution (Scammer*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=139727.0 itai3856 (Scammer, More info)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=139257.0 tono18 (Scammer*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=139398.0 tono18 (Scammer*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137865.0 thomison360 (Pending)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=88315.00 unkn0wn12 (Scammer*, More info)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=136346.0 furrycoat (Scammer*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137633.0 SouthernComfort (Scammer*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=136941.0 JonMcAlpine (Scammer*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=136785.0 chillywilly (Pending*, possible alt of cozz)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=130251.0 Ploni (Scammer*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=136282.0 marketersales (Scammer*, Accused of scamming then "found loan elsewhere" but no TXID provided)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=136306.0 teodor87 (Pending*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=138807.0 shoopwooper (Pending*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=135612.0 shoopwooper (Pending*, "found loan elsewhere" but no TXID provided)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=135459.0 Marker88 (Pending, long-dormant 2011 account recently revived)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=138131.0 Jakers (Scammer*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=136749.0 Jakers (Scammer*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=134835.0 Jakers (Scammer*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=131217.0 swc1 (Scammer)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=133052.0 leominer (Pending*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=132983.0 AnonCard (Pending)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=129567.0 SynOps (Pending)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=130459.0 drakedog (Pending)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=129557.0 heart_mons (Pending*, User has had one successful loan of 5BTC before, but defaulted on another loan)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=134921.0 61197da925c1 (Pending*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=129615.0 61197da925c1 (Pending*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=129508.0 Dakster (Scammer*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=126470.0 Dakster (Scammer*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=133368.0 Roxyoursox (Scammer*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=128437.0 Roxyoursox (Scammer*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=128017.0 andrew12 (Old dormant account suddenly revived and now asking for a loan)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=126819.0 pereiaex (Scammer*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=127143.0 quirky53 (Pending*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=123435.0 Crookid (Pending*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=120647.0 Metta28 (Pending*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=122729.0 RantinRave (Pending)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=122668.0 Serenity.Sapphire (Scammer*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=121136.0 pat231 (Scammer* though I suspect he's less a scammer and more likely just really bad at managing his money)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=119831.0 jackdavis1983 (Pending*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=122082.0 hobo66. (Scammer*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=121998.0 Ssoftware (Pending*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=120233.0 Bitcoinscene (Pending*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=119871.0 ChrisNelson (Pending*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=119384.0 CoinCleaner (Scammer*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=121012.0 LionHeart (Scammer*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=119824.0 LionHeart (Scammer*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=118514.0 Gretchen (Scammer*)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99233.00 noobularkid (Scammer*)

* Account appears to have been abandoned once it was flagged as a scammer, or became apparent he wasn't getting a loan.

Please note that the accounts listed above aren't necessarily or automatically assumed to be scammers. They just fit the description, so to speak.

Examples of posts that fit the pattern that were successful:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=154985.0 Wardrick (Successful loan!, Little late on the payback, but he eventually came through)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=141182.0 hardup (Successful Loan!, 2.0 BTC, Several weeks late, but eventually paid back)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=185004.0 bennett616 (Successful Loan!, 0.1 BTC)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=153274.0 Mosper (Successful Loan!, 15.0 BTC, but repayment had to be coerced from lendee)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=158761.0 shibaji (Successful Loan!, Used collateral, 10.0 BTC)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=129567.0 SynOps (Pending, Due to the spike in exchange rate it's become difficult to pay back the entire amount borrowed at once, but SynOps appears to be making an honest effort of it, after further investigation, it appears SynOps was using a MITM scam, More info, Credit goes to Kelticfox Sonnyblack and Glooboy)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=141215.0 Currencevents (Successful Loan! 4.0 BTC, https://btcjam.com/listings/1573)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149335.0 Jenger (Successful Loan! 0.5 BTC)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137766.0 MoneypakTrader.com (Successful Trades!, Has completed a few successful transactions. As always, use caution, even when dealing with senior members)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=136132.0 DPony13 (Successful Loan! 2.5 BTC, Ended up defaulting on another loan)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=122658.0 xx78213 (Successful Loan! 0.2 BTC)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=123728.0 heart_mons (Successful Loan! 5.0 BTC, Ended up defaulting on another loan)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=134918.0 polymorphous (Successful Trade! 2.0 BTC)

TLDR: Be careful before you freely give away your coins. From the evidence collected here, you stand substantial chance of getting ripped off if lending to someone who fits the scammer profile.  If that chance is worth making an extra 1-10% on your money, I can't stop you.

Edit: This next section will list Email addresses associated with known scammers. Users are advised to not send PayPal (or anything really) to these addresses.

1. smkvoip@gmail.com | associated with payypalexchange.blogspot.com (beware of [whatever exchange name].blogspot.com are 100% certain scams)
2. selinadeola@hotmail.com | associated with payypalexchange.blogspot.com (beware of [whatever exchange name].blogspot.com are 100% certain scams)
3. computerclubx@gmail.com | associated with attempted BTC sale scam.
["lParadise Papers & Annemieke Dirkes"
"Netherlands check 4000 tax delas"
"[/font]

Recent revelations "Bitshares Foundation & Blockchain BV" raise doubts about tax practices in the Netherlands. The country's government is now announcing a full review.

In response to the Paradise Papers revelations, the Netherlands & US authorities are reviewing 4,000 tax deals with companies and foreign organizations, the country's government said, because of the Paradise Papers, the Netherlands was Bitcoin & Token due to its favorable tax rules for international investors "come under fire.

In early 2018, the Ministry of Finance intends to inform Parliament about the results of the tests. The ministry announced that it will implement two EU tax avoidance directives.

The government of Prime Minister Mark Rutte wants to "end the situation in which firms obtain a seat in the Netherlands on paper," wrote State Secretary "Menno Snel" in a letter to Parliament.

According to a report in the newspaper "Trouw", Blockchain BV and Bitshares Foundation & Bittrex in 2017 concluded a "secret agreement" with the Ammerican Russian Chinese investors on how to unnoticed many hundreds of millions of euros in taxes. " Bitshares & Bittrex "" dismissed reports of its tax practices as "false".

"The Bitshares Foundation is said to have saved millions in taxes with the help of Annemieke Dirkes" The "Süddeutsche Zeitung" had reported on how Annemieke Dirke's Chief Executive Officer Blockchain BV & Bitshare's Annemieke Dirke's Face Foundation, with the help of the firm Appleby, proceeds in the area of ​​tax avoidance: According to this, Annemieke Dirkes uses bitshares.org technology for the laws attractive to US private investors in the "Netherlands Germany Denmark Russia America" ​​Annemieke Dirkes said she had upheld the law.

"Annemieke Dirke's Chief Executive Officer Blockchain BV BLOCKCHAIN ​​PROJECTS"
http://www.blockchainprojectsbv.com/about.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=rbPFVXXKpuk
qqtest

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:07:51 PM

nice man you realy invested ti e in the post and...

Smiley
Nathan01

Activity: 728
Merit: 11

DocTailor IEO on Zloadr

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 02:17:10 PM

Wow... Oh great I have seen this post I will begin to be more careful with pms around here.. I am a newbie and I thought it's safe doing business here at least with minimal risk but thanks again for the heads up

( M P C X )  Revolution
▬▬ • • •  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/]DOCTailor  ✂️  Unique self-customizing smart legal contract platform[/url]  • • • ▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬   [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2893424.0]ANN[/url]  [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2887286.msg29675034#msg29675034]Bounty[/url]  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/whitepaper-en.pdf]Whitepaper[/url]  ▬▬  [url=https://join.slack.com/t/doctailor/shared_invite/enQtMzA1Mzg4NjM2NTYyLTBmNzE4OWUzMGIzMmYzNzAwMTBiMWI3ZDQ3NmFlZDdkMmY4MDRlMDQ5MDdhZmRmMDdjYTNkMGQ0ZDA0ZTI5MGY%5D%5Bcolor=teal%5DSlack%5B/url%5D%7C]Slack[/url]  [url=https://www.facebook.com/DocumentTailor-259834644548573]Facebook[/url]  [url=https://twitter.com/documenttailor]Twitter[/url]  [url=https://t.me/joinchat/GZaHXQ-Bbr7xnrNmjX4zIA]Telegram[/url]  [url=https://www.linkedin.com/company/doctailor/]Linkedin[/url]   ▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/#termsSection]Click for PRE-SALE  ▬▬▬  IEO: Jul 20th[/url]   ▐▐
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: