Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:15:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 639 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XRB]Cryptocurrency's killer app: RaiBlocks micropayments  (Read 774986 times)
jrpatking

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 05:55:51 AM

That's nice, you have managed your first exchange thread. Everything starts from little before turning to a major thing. All your ideas in here are good for the dev. I'm reading your posts. But still now, you're the only one, writing and contributing to this coin.

yes it is disappointing , everyone will shout and scream that a certain idea is a bad idea but when it comes to coming up with a solution to be better and more fairer for all and making the most people happy there is a lack of suggestions, but there are i think constructive comments that are helpful from you and a few others as well a few pages back , they could of gone to sleep

Right. Let's continue the discussion once they wake up and know what they're thinking about. My simple and best suggestion is to simplify the distribution and not worry too much about it. It's a better way to concentrate on development. Let's see what others say.

GUNBOT  THE AUTOMATIC PROFIT GENERATOR FOR POLONIEX 
     LIMITED EDITION
[15 DAYS MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
]
jibble

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:05:43 AM

If i can write good english i want involved too.. english not my no.1 language..

But i thanks to jibble.. i trade many time on his thread.. with no charge.. Cheesy

It shouldn't be a problem we should be able to understand the point you are getting at.

Right. Let's continue the discussion once they wake up and know what they're thinking about. My simple and best suggestion is to simplify the distribution and not worry too much about it. It's a better way to concentrate on development. Let's see what others say.

agreed , But i think that maybe we consider halting the auction , it was an almost near unanimous decision whenever mentioned and i think is a safe bet to agree upon from previous comments that , that might be the best option for now
3worlduser

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:19:42 AM

We all want the faucet back but if you have follow the thread, you will notice the concern of the the DEV about the real use of his coin, he shutdown the faucet because captcha-miners are just dumping Mrai for BTC, at least that is what I understand from his posts.
Maybe we should focus in give this coin a real value, instead of the pump and dump value that almost all the altcoins have now, I mean I have some Mrai but I can't spend it on nothing else than the adblocker wich personally I don't need. If we could arrange a series of service that could be bought with Mrai, then the coin will begin to have real value.
For example my native language is Spanish, so I'm willing to do translations for X amount of Mrai, others can have other skills like web design, graphical design, programming, etc.
Jibble has made a great work with the trading thread maybe he can organize a services thread for Mrai where we can offer our services and get paid in Mrai. also we need to have the will to hold the earned Mrai and use it to buy another services, and not just dump them for BTC.

DEV if you want, I can translate to Spanish everything you need related to Mrai, the website, the wallet, even the wiki for free, so Mrai can be know by more people, if you don't mind I'll start with this ANN to post it on the Spanish section.

How about this? although with this new distribution method I think the price will have a lot of manipulation, but I don't have the knowledge or the experience that other users have shown in their comments so I prefer to stay away of that subject.

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:22:37 AM

i  disliked the faucet idea for many reasons, including the dev doing all the hard work while a few (many that have no interest in the tech of the coin) find ways to make profits out of it.

gets worse when those riding on the devs work almost demand he give them constant free money.

starting off a freely distribution coins then flipping to ICO is worse though, i could go on forever with that.

there is a proper an legal way to do a ICO which i will eventually go through directly with the dev (just typing post in between a crazy busy week). its alot of work and i'd only approach that if you're thinking properly big.

many have done, under the radar, with little legal knowledge/advice, ICOs via this forum where devs have made serious money, yes, but sooner or later many are going to find themselves in serious hot water.

i get where the devs initial concept of slow free distribution (to replicate mining distribution) is coming from, and yes ideally great idea, but the executions are killer.

jibble

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:35:44 AM

We all want the faucet back but if you have follow the thread, you will notice the concern of the the DEV about the real use of his coin, he shutdown the faucet because captcha-miners are just dumping Mrai for BTC, at least that is what I understand from his posts.
Maybe we should focus in give this coin a real value, instead of the pump and dump value that almost all the altcoins have now, I mean I have some Mrai but I can't spend it on nothing else than the adblocker wich personally I don't need. If we could arrange a series of service that could be bought with Mrai, then the coin will begin to have real value.
For example my native language is Spanish, so I'm willing to do translations for X amount of Mrai, others can have other skills like web design, graphical design, programming, etc.
Jibble has made a great work with the trading thread maybe he can organize a services thread for Mrai where we can offer our services and get paid in Mrai. also we need to have the will to hold the earned Mrai and use it to buy another services, and not just dump them for BTC.

DEV if you want, I can translate to Spanish everything you need related to Mrai, the website, the wallet, even the wiki for free, so Mrai can be know by more people, if you don't mind I'll start with this ANN to post it on the Spanish section.

How about this? although with this new distribution method I think the price will have a lot of manipulation, but I don't have the knowledge or the experience that other users have shown in their comments so I prefer to stay away of that subject.

this is part of the discussion , i think a big reason for saying screw it to the faucet in some part was whenever it ran out of the days coins , the sheer number of people demanding it be "fixed" when it simply had run dry , consuming so much time for the dev that is was making working on the coin almost impossible, a services thread is a good idea, i also think that once the dev has finished his work on making it more user friendly by that i mean intergrateable into exchanges and websites so users can use it or develop with it then there will be a good amount of demand.

we either need to all agree , everyone who has been involved in today's events to remember this and to tell each all newcomers , "listen the faucet is empty there is a limited number a day"

or try a different mixed solution to keep more people happy as the amount of complaints of people not being able to click captchas all day while only a few people were claiming the majority, they were growing each day with frustration .

jibble

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:51:07 AM

Would it be possible to have an adaptive faucet with changing numbers depending on demand of the coin

there is no way to make it perfect and last the full 24 hours , but having the faucet distribute a specific number of coins on each request depending on how busy and how many requests it gets in say an hour , or the the day before .

if the faucet on day one empties in 12 hours , then half the reward , if there are still some coins left in the faucet on day 2 because it didnt quite reach as many the second day , increase slightly to reflect demand.

cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:54:32 AM

Would it be possible to have an adaptive faucet with changing numbers depending on demand of the coin

there is no way to make it perfect and last the full 24 hours , but having the faucet distribute a specific number of coins on each request depending on how busy and how many requests it gets in say an hour , or the the day before .

if the faucet on day one empties in 12 hours , then half the reward , if there are still some coins left in the faucet on day 2 because it didnt quite reach as many the second day , increase slightly to reflect demand.

sorry for my poor temper man.

now seems we are still in discussion proper way to a fine-tuned distribution.

hope the new mode will be handled properly, as i can foresee this coin will certainly be disruptive before and after landing on Exchange.
MALCOM X X X

Activity: 297

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:58:06 AM

Yes maybe dev can reducing faucet reward..

Because i'm not trader.. i'm worker-miner..
jibble

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 07:02:30 AM

sorry for my poor temper man.

now seems we are still in discussion proper way to a fine-tuned distribution.

hope the new mode will be handled properly, as i can foresee this coin will certainly be disruptive before and after landing on Exchange.

sorry for mine as well.

Yeah if we can reach some consensus then it should be good and a mutual agreement between a majority. and also remind people , if someone hires an army of workers , you tell those workers why the faucet is down and let em spam msg the dev to death . also community work on everyones part that is interested in the project
3worlduser

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 07:15:46 AM

So remove the faucet from the equation, do you really think that selling the coins on a daily biding is the best solution, I mean even me, that don't have much experience can realize the opportunities that this method open for a guy or a group of guys with some economical power, to take control of the coin price, that would be even worse that the problem with the guys hiring slaves to captcha-mine the coins from the faucet.
People need to be able to spend this coin in something otherwise they will keep dumping it for BTC. This is the real problem now even de DEV want to get BTC for his Mrai (I'm not saying this is wrong) but following that road will make this coin just one more pump and dump game for the big players.
Look the coin is cool, transactions are in real time just for 2 or 3 second of high cpu usage that is a huge improvement in this medium, in the short time I have been in crypto I have tried at least 100 different wallets and this is the more efficient and simple that I have used, beside is something new not a fork with some "cool new feature".
You have a lot off potential here and they are being pale for a bad decision on the distribution, just put a faucet like a bitcoin faucet that give you bitcoins but don't worth the time spent that way you get rid of the faucet problem if you want I can take care of every single person that post "when the faucet will be up again" I spend the whole day in the computer so it would not be a problem to do that, and if the dev want to earn money he can sell packets of coins at a fixed price so people can spend it knowing exactly the value of what they are spending not buying some service for 100 Mrai just to see the next day the price went to 0.01 BTC and realize he just spend to much.

cyberhacker
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 07:24:11 AM

So remove the faucet from the equation, do you really think that selling the coins on a daily biding is the best solution, I mean even me, that don't have much experience can realize the opportunities that this method open for a guy or a group of guys with some economical power, to take control of the coin price, that would be even worse that the problem with the guys hiring slaves to captcha-mine the coins from the faucet.
People need to be able to spend this coin in something otherwise they will keep dumping it for BTC. This is the real problem now even de DEV want to get BTC for his Mrai (I'm not saying this is wrong) but following that road will make this coin just one more pump and dump game for the big players.
Look the coin is cool, transactions are in real time just for 2 or 3 second of high cpu usage that is a huge improvement in this medium, in the short time I have been in crypto I have tried at least 100 different wallets and this is the more efficient and simple that I have used, beside is something new not a fork with some "cool new feature".
You have a lot off potential here and they are being pale for a bad decision on the distribution, just put a faucet like a bitcoin faucet that give you bitcoins but don't worth the time spent that way you get rid of the faucet problem if you want I can take care of every single person that post "when the faucet will be up again" I spend the whole day in the computer so it would not be a problem to do that, and if the dev want to earn money he can sell packets of coins at a fixed price so people can spend it knowing exactly the value of what they are spending not buying some service for 100 Mrai just to see the next day the price went to 0.01 BTC and realize he just spend to much.

indeed.

how about sell the rest at fixed rate ICO.

why ppl complained about ICO?  great coins like eth, maidsafe, factom, nxt, synereo all are distributed by ICO.

of course, we can keep 5% for free faucet.  ??% for dev fund, no problem.

jibble

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 07:44:45 AM

i wouldn't object to an ico , i think Kelsey will be talking to the dev regarding how to do it right and properly and most important legally .

coins now distributed could count as airdropped , totally solves the problem of the dev having to maintain coin distribution after the distributed all at once except if he has premine but still no work . Help provide funding for time and effort already spent for dev.

Anyone object to ICO proposal?
Trial

Activity: 664
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 07:45:28 AM

The faucet connect going?
cyberhacker
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 07:49:54 AM

i wouldn't object to an ico , i think Kelsey will be talking to the dev regarding how to do it right and properly and most important legally .

coins now distributed could count as airdropped , totally solves the problem of the dev having to maintain coin distribution after the distributed all at once except if he has premine but still no work . Help provide funding for time and effort already spent for dev.

how about fixed rate less than 200 sats.

first come first serve mode.
jibble

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 08:03:34 AM

how about fixed rate less than 200 sats.

first come first serve mode.

i usually prefer big old pot everyone gets equal share depending on how much they invested , total coins divided by total invested , so the free market value it itself , but i have been in both and not had many problems so not sure , would wanna hear other opinions first before committing which choice
3worlduser

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 08:10:32 AM

The original plan was to release the coin over 8 year. So in the ICO all those coin would be sold?

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 08:26:27 AM

well i totally object to an ICO for this coin.

i'll happy instruct the dev howto do a legal ICO, but its not a simple thing to comply with regulations in this regard, its not like you can just say oh lets do one and then just pump it out the next day.

axlroses

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 08:39:24 AM

love for you all here, lets make big community  Cheesy
kryptopojken

Activity: 767
Merit: 532

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 08:54:52 AM

I hate the thought of ico for this coin (which actually is different and can become something)
jibble

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 09:05:47 AM

well i totally object to an ICO for this coin.

i'll happy instruct the dev howto do a legal ICO, but its not a simple thing to comply with regulations in this regard, its not like you can just say oh lets do one and then just pump it out the next day.

I was under the impression your intention was to discuss with the dev such things, if not then sorry , i do understand it is not simple and made that known that extra effort and to do it legally.

I am not adverse to any option at the moment , i am more trying to be a mediator and bring forth some form of majority agreement on how we shud proceed , 1 thing is certain , the most hated option currently and disagreed with is auction
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 639 »
  Print  

Jump to: