Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:49:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 [473] 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 ... 639 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XRB]Cryptocurrency's killer app: RaiBlocks micropayments  (Read 774982 times)
djpitagora

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:00:59 PM

can colin or serg from the xrb team clear our confusion on this? Huh

All of these "concerns" have been addressed numerous times already - it is pure FUD. The same accounts keep posting it over and over again because they are super salty that the XRB price keeps going up and they missed the boat. Ignore them.

there is no such thing as missed the boat. If the coin truly is successful it will still grow around 100x from today's value. The only only way to have missed the boat is if the price goes down. Do you see the contradiction here?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kamiyama

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:13:25 PM

RaiBlocks Bug Bounty Submission
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeNPaPxAC10Pwbkuf66rPZBpIOFmzkICFftxonMbBB5aZ9iIQ/viewform

https://github.com/clemahieu/raiblocks/issues

Give it a try! Wink
djpitagora

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:13:33 PM

I'd hate to say but the problems listed are real. There is a fundamental flaw in the design, and it was actually pointed out 2 years ago and completely ignored by the dev. Of course with millions at stake for them it's in their best interest to ignore it. Hell, some kill for less money. Do your due diligence people and don't follow fanboys blindly. As far as I'm concerned right now I pretty certain there is 0% chance XRB will replace BTC. You may speculate and you make still make fortunes on the price, but don't fool yourself of the end result. This is not something that can be just fixed. Sorry.

You literally posted this exact same thing just a few pages back (might have been one of your sock puppet accounts). The "flaws" have been addressed numerous times by the dev - nothing but FUD.

To summarize:

The dev was a software engineer at Qualcom, you are a piece of Bitcointalk trash.

To think that some salty teenage third worlders have found some fatal "flaw" that the Raiblocks dev missed is beyond laughable.

Anyway, as you can see by the price your pathetic FUD attempts are rightfully being ignored by the community.

The fact that you are calling me trash only discredits you. You don't know me. And no offense, some of us are software developers too. I am. So forgive me when I say that I don't really give a **** where the dev works as it says absolutely nothing about him. Qualcom's hiring standards aren't exactly NASA-like, and even if they were everybody is entitled to making mistakes.  He's was pointed out  two years ago but somehow he beat around the bush with BS explanations, not admitting he made a mistake. In the end everybody gave up as there was no way to reason with him. You can read the thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1219264

It's not FUD from people that are jealous. There was nothing to be jealous about in 2015 when this was first pointed out.

CyraxMax

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:23:11 PM

I'd hate to say but the problems listed are real. There is a fundamental flaw in the design, and it was actually pointed out 2 years ago and completely ignored by the dev. Of course with millions at stake for them it's in their best interest to ignore it. Hell, some kill for less money. Do your due diligence people and don't follow fanboys blindly. As far as I'm concerned right now I pretty certain there is 0% chance XRB will replace BTC. You may speculate and you make still make fortunes on the price, but don't fool yourself of the end result. This is not something that can be just fixed. Sorry.

You literally posted this exact same thing just a few pages back (might have been one of your sock puppet accounts). The "flaws" have been addressed numerous times by the dev - nothing but FUD.

To summarize:

The dev was a software engineer at Qualcom, you are a piece of Bitcointalk trash.

To think that some salty teenage third worlders have found some fatal "flaw" that the Raiblocks dev missed is beyond laughable.

Anyway, as you can see by the price your pathetic FUD attempts are rightfully being ignored by the community.

The fact that you are calling me trash only discredits you. You don't know me. And no offense, some of us are software developers too. I am. So forgive me when I say that I don't really give a **** where the dev works as it says absolutely nothing about him. Qualcom's hiring standards aren't exactly NASA-like, and even if they were everybody is entitled to making mistakes.  He's was pointed out  two years ago but somehow he beat around the bush with BS explanations, not admitting he made a mistake. In the end everybody gave up as there was no way to reason with him. You can read the thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1219264

It's not FUD from people that are jealous. There was nothing to be jealous about in 2015 when this was first pointed out.

djpitagora, dude, go away and don't come back.
and take the other 2 with you as well: farcais and xibeijan
these 3 users keep posting FUD and overall nonsense over and over again. Just look at their posting history.
I guess its time to go make more sock puppet accounts now, lol.
cr1pton00b

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:26:38 PM

Everything I posted is real, there is no fud. MiTm attack has been never addressed and is not listed in the possible scenarios by the dev team.

When I pointed the flaw to the dev team they admitted the problem and asked to open a bug report and no, I,m not interested in bringing down the price. That is just ridiculous.

The main problem here is that a merchant must trust all the incoming data, while Bitcoin PoW makes sure that the incoming data is secure. Raiblocks code is poorly designed. And yeah, hackers hacked yahoo, sony, twitter, linkedin, do you really think it will be difficult to make a MITM attack? You are totally blind.

UDP packets are just welcoming attackers to join the party.

Please note that asking the vote for each traansaction has been proposed by the dev team as a solution to this, but other than the network usage you still have to trust the incoming data, infact you have to reach the 51% of online balance, and who tells you how much is this 51%? YOUR PEERS THAT ARE CONTROLLED BY THE ATTACKER.

And yeah, many people will just be blind and continue with their speculation, but money from the sky doesn't change what you are.
CyraxMax

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:31:46 PM

Everything I posted is real, there is no fud. MiTm attack has been never addressed and is not listed in the possible scenarios by the dev team.

When I pointed the flaw to the dev team they admitted the problem and asked to open a bug report and no, I,m not interested in bringing down the price. That is just ridiculous.

The main problem here is that a merchant must trust all the incoming data, while Bitcoin PoW makes sure that the incoming data is secure. Raiblocks code is poorly designed. And yeah, hackers hacked yahoo, sony, twitter, linkedin, do you really think it will be difficult to make a MITM attack? You are totally blind.

Please note that asking the vote for each traansaction has been proposed by the dev team as a solution to this, but other than the network usage you still have to trust the incoming data, infact you have to reach the 51% of online balance, and who tells you how much is this 51%? YOUR PEERS THAT ARE CONTROLLED BY THE ATTACKER.

And yeah, many people will just be blind and continue with their speculation, but money from the sky doesn't change what you are.

LOOLL, yeah, forgot to mention you. Join the other 3 please and show yourself out  Wink
percocet

Activity: 222
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:32:30 PM

To summarize:

The fact that you are calling me trash only discredits you. You don't know me. And no offense, some of us are software developers too. I am. So forgive me when I say that I don't really give a **** where the dev works as it says absolutely nothing about him. Qualcom's hiring standards aren't exactly NASA-like, and even if they were everybody is entitled to making mistakes.  He's was pointed out  two years ago but somehow he beat around the bush with BS explanations, not admitting he made a mistake. In the end everybody gave up as there was no way to reason with him. You can read the thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1219264

Wow, so you are a software dev?! Awesome, I've got great news for you - as kamiyama pointed out, there is a bug bounty going on for Raiblocks. Obviously the dev has overlooked some fatal flaws so you just need to tell him what he missed and collect the reward. Of course you would have to prove the bug, not just talk straight out your ass like you have been doing on here.

Go back to your dumpster before the coffee shop shuts down your free wifi.
migz

Activity: 143

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:32:59 PM

You know so much about the project yet you are a newbie, why not use your real account?

Have no fear, miGz is here.
cr1pton00b

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:34:22 PM

LOOLL, yeah, forgot to mention you. Join the other 3 please and show yourself out  Wink

You are not funny, you should explain us how this attack is not possible if you want to shut we up.
cr1pton00b

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:54:41 PM

5. The Man in the Middle attack.

If an attacker succeeds to put himself between a merchant and the RaiBlocks network he can just filter the double spending payment packets, and the merchant will never know that he is receiving a double spending. The Raiblocks network will discard that payment while the merchant will accept it.

https://s18.postimg.org/7pnm6yweh/doublespend.png

Couldn't the same MitM attack be used in a bitcoin transaction? Connect to all the peers of a merchant and mine 6 blocks containing the double spend while filtering out all longer blocks so the merchant accepts the transaction as valid.

No, because if you MITM a bitcoin merchant, you still have to mine 6 blocks with the difficulty bit set by the real network. And the difficulty only decrease by 1/4 every 2015 blocks. It will be impossible for an attacker to have such power.
BuyingFast

Activity: 230
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:59:51 PM

Can we please get more votes for RaiBlocks at Binance? https://www.binance.com/vote.html

That's what matters the most right now. Ask your friends to vote for Rai as well.
percocet

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:02:26 PM

If an attacker succeeds to put himself between a merchant and the RaiBlocks network he can just filter the double spending payment packets, and the merchant will never know that he is receiving a double spending. The Raiblocks network will discard that payment while the merchant will accept it.

Couldn't the same MitM attack be used in a bitcoin transaction? Connect to all the peers of a merchant and mine 6 blocks containing the double spend while filtering out all longer blocks so the merchant accepts the transaction as valid.

No, because if you MITM a bitcoin merchant, you still have to mine 6 blocks with the difficulty bit set by the real network. And the difficulty only decrease by 1/4 every 2015 blocks. It will be impossible for an attacker to have such power.

Sounds like you found a fatal flaw, you should submit it and collect the bounty. Oh yeah, I forgot, you are just talking out your ass. Nevermind.
CyraxMax

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:03:38 PM

These asshole fudders are using the fact that they have a little bit more technical knowledge then most of the non technical people to spread their FUD.
cr1pton00b

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:12:19 PM

I ask the moderator to remove the posts by percocet and CyraMax to continue with the technical discussion without being interrupted by fanboys. I don't fucking care of the bug hunt reward, i'm the developer of a succesful gaming company and I'm already good with what I'm earning.
percocet

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:13:27 PM

These asshole fudders are using the fact that they have a little bit more technical knowledge then most of the non technical people to spread their FUD.

It isn't even their own knowledge - they scour these forums and the internet for comments that other people have already posted and have been dismissed ages ago.

In most cases they are direct copy and pastes. I know because I have been following Raiblocks for over a year so I recognize a lot of this FUD as word for word copies  of old posts.
percocet

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:13:54 PM

I ask the moderator to remove the posts by percocet and CyraMax to continue with the technical discussion without being interrupted by fanboys. I don't fucking care of the bug hunt reward, i'm the developer of a succesful gaming company and I'm already good with what I'm earning.

Sure you are buddy, sure you are.
CyraxMax

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:15:39 PM

I've LOLed at that!
R3x

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:21:40 PM

Maybe you found a security issue so please Join discord https://discordapp.com/invite/JphbBas and discusss the issue with dev (clemahieu [Main dev]) or fill the bounty fourm: https://goo.gl/forms/NX67WDwtoyjLLxg52
btcsnippers

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:31:53 PM

I made a web wallet on raiblocks.net  and send some xrb there from exchange but it doesnt arrive and i see "Pending Blocks (Waiting for PoW ...)"displayed on the website what does that mean ? the exchange claims it has been sent but the blockexplorer shows nothing @ my address.
percocet

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:34:36 PM

I made a web wallet on raiblocks.net  and send some xrb there from exchange but it doesnt arrive and i see "Pending Blocks (Waiting for PoW ...)"displayed on the website what does that mean ? the exchange claims it has been sent but the blockexplorer shows nothing @ my address.

Sounds like the exchange hasn't completed the sending process yet... just wait a bit more and once you see it as sent on the blockexplorer you will be able to pocket it.
Pages: « 1 ... 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 [473] 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 ... 639 »
  Print  

Jump to: