Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:36:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 [530] 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 ... 639 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XRB]Cryptocurrency's killer app: RaiBlocks micropayments  (Read 774982 times)
Neversettle

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

ZetoChain - ACCELERATING BLOCKCHAIN FOR THE SUPPLY

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:33:50 PM

I didn't sell any of the coin because it of the nature of the event. But still will expect from the core to audit the code to make sure there is no vulnerability in remaining code anymore. This was shocking the way this flaw left on the withdraw side to validate the amount. This project came out as good alternative of many coins and it should be strong enough to avoid such incidents in future.

Correct yourself, this was a problem with Bitgrail's bad code, not Nano.
Yes, exactly.  People shouldn't be confused, the exchange had issue and the coin itself is the same as always.  It was not hacked.

that is something which many people won´t get right. But i think the rebranding came at the best time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xandan

Activity: 1106
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:06:26 PM

You all have point here that Nano got attention because of that unpleasant incident and refusal of developers to hard fork the wallet. This is what I got from different comments on different means of information these days. Nano will recover very soon and people will not even remember anymore about this incident. It was best buy chance which surely was availed by some people.
SparkyU

Activity: 784
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:34:22 PM

Flash is having a small airdrop for those who were affected by the Bitgrail hack.  Don't know much about that token but worth looking into.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FlashCoins/comments/7x1g0v/flash_to_former_nano_bitgrail_holdersa_gift_for/
themathiasmiller

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:13:51 PM

Anyway, good or bad publicity for Nano is good in the end. I'm sorry for those who lost their NANO in Bitgrave. But the signs are there last year. Even last year's FUD about Poloniex, you are warranted to remove all your coins from there.

Never store your wealth with third-parties is time-old crypto advice. Learn to use wallets.

Than where to trade if any exchange suddenly stopped all services and disable the withdraw. I didn't understand what is your advise and what you want to say there this not a solution and we can't make the growth process healthier. We need secure exchange but Bitgrail is dedicated to XRB that is nonprofessional what happened there.

I do understand your frustration but what @scumbust is saying may not be the complete solution for the current problem but it is a good advice though and it can really help avoid problems like this in the future, it's always best not to store a huge amount of money on an exchange and bitgrail as much as we don't want to accept it is a very shady exchange to begin with but because it's one of raiblock's fist exchanges and it was the exchange that works best before, we were blinded by it and avoided the warning signs that was all over the place. We do really need a secure exchange and lucky for us there's kucoin and binance that really has the security that we all deserve. I really hope that the devs will just freeze all the suspicious wallets that have been reported, in that way no stolen coins will be traded in any exchange. I think that will really help us move on from this and also as what you stated make the growth process much healthier.

ARAW
The Decentralised 
Payment
for E-Commerce Ecosystem
███████████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████████░░░░░░░████████
███████████░░░░▄███████████
███████████░░░░████████████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄▄▄░░░░▄▄▄█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄████████████
█████░████████▀░░░░▀▀▄█████
█████░░▀▀████░░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
████▄▀░░░░░░░░▄▄███████████
████▀░░▀███████████████████
████▄░░▄███████████████████
████░░░░██░░░░▀░░░░░░▀█████
████░░░░██░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀████
████░░░░██░░░░█████░░░░████
crea8ivemoiz

Activity: 231
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:21:05 PM

Legit Project.. Have a good potential and strong development team.
Colonel Crouton

Activity: 354
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:22:34 PM
Merited by Lucius (1)

Is that the XRB are change the name to Nano in the Binance , why they change the name? I think I have missing some about it now.

You are lucky person who missed to see that things otherwise you have chance to lose your balance on Bitgrail. Which is huge lose and all this happen due to a terrible bug in code so many people crying because of this stupid job.

There was no bug in the nano code. The bug was due to the bomber misleading everyone that he was running a legit working exchange. You got taken by an exchange, and it isn't the first time exchanges try to pass their corruption/incompetence off as fault of the coin. Remember when mtgox tried to pin their crash on "malleability". Everyone now knows that was a huge lie, but suckers who leave coins on an exchange buy these lies because they can't handle the truth that they shouldn't have put their money in the hands of exchange operators.

Next time don't be lazy and set up your own wallet. There were and are plenty of options.

Ten-Hut!
cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 11:09:36 PM

It's a hard lesson to be learned especially is you lost a lot of $NANO, I really feel for you. Never trust an exchange. I withdrew everything within a week or two of buying all my coins. Unless your'e trading, best bet is to just take them off the exchange and place them in a "safer" place like your local wallet.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
kamiyama

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:28:44 AM

Headphones.com Started Accepting Nano A Month Ago. Here's what we've learned

https://www.reddit.com/r/nanocurrency/comments/7x3qr1/headphonescom_started_accepting_nano_a_month_ago/
Atomino

Activity: 56
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:57:18 AM

Headphones.com Started Accepting Nano A Month Ago. Here's what we've learned

https://www.reddit.com/r/nanocurrency/comments/7x3qr1/headphonescom_started_accepting_nano_a_month_ago/

Great!!!
NANO is a great project and deserves that people use it more and more.
Lock$mith

Merit: 11

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:26:23 PM

Nano on BBC Panorama Documentary

Atomino

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:45:14 PM

https://www.infosecurity-magazine.com/news/cryptowars-bitgrail-hits-back-at/

Maybe this is a reading that interests you.
Neversettle

Merit: 13

ZetoChain - ACCELERATING BLOCKCHAIN FOR THE SUPPLY

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:48:50 PM

Is that the XRB are change the name to Nano in the Binance , why they change the name? I think I have missing some about it now.

You are lucky person who missed to see that things otherwise you have chance to lose your balance on Bitgrail. Which is huge lose and all this happen due to a terrible bug in code so many people crying because of this stupid job.

There was no bug in the nano code. The bug was due to the bomber misleading everyone that he was running a legit working exchange. You got taken by an exchange, and it isn't the first time exchanges try to pass their corruption/incompetence off as fault of the coin. Remember when mtgox tried to pin their crash on "malleability". Everyone now knows that was a huge lie, but suckers who leave coins on an exchange buy these lies because they can't handle the truth that they shouldn't have put their money in the hands of exchange operators.

Next time don't be lazy and set up your own wallet. There were and are plenty of options.

true words. Is there any plan on Hardware wallet integration?

wlefever
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:30:03 PM

true words. Is there any plan on Hardware wallet integration?
Yes, the CEO of Ledger reached out to confirm waiving the fees for code review, publication, and support for ledger integration.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RaiBlocks/comments/7o8chm/xrb_on_nano_s_roadmap/

FFI2013

Activity: 906

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:36:14 PM

I don't trust exchanges at all if you don't plan on trading move your coins ASAP things need to start changing with these exchanges they are making buckets of money on fees and what they charge to list a coin but when shit goes bad they say sorry and that's it
Koontas

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:53:17 PM

I don't trust exchanges at all if you don't plan on trading move your coins ASAP things need to start changing with these exchanges they are making buckets of money on fees and what they charge to list a coin but when shit goes bad they say sorry and that's it
Yes, very disappointing at all. Lesson learned the hard way. But it was an very expensive lesson. Sad Will never ever store so much money on an exchange again.

Don't trust any exchange!
dagfan

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:56:33 PM

What use is the wallet, if you can't get the coin off the exchange?Huh!
Atomino

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:13:38 PM

You can vote NANO for listing on Bit India!

https://bitindia.co/vote.html

'cmon guys, let's vote!
themathiasmiller

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:40:54 PM

Nano on BBC Panorama Documentary

Nice to see some good news popping up amidst of this whole bitgrail controversy, it's nice that nano is starting to make it's way to the mainstream media. Anybody seen the entire bbc panaroma documentary? Was nano talked about in detail there or was the picture just posted for a quick second?. Anyway it's nice to see that nano is next to those very popular cryptocurrency, who would've thought that nano will appear on a television? I really think this is a very good publicity for this project and I'm sure some people who've watched that documentary are quite curious about what nano is and what it is all about. I really hope once this bitgrail controversy will be over, we can all move on and focus on what's coming next, there are so many things that we should all look forward to and it's unfortunate that a lot of people are not noticing that because of what's currently happening.

ARAW
The Decentralised 
Payment
for E-Commerce Ecosystem
██████████████▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████████░░░░░░░████████
███████████░░░░▄███████████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄▄▄░░░░▄▄▄█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄████████████
█████░████████▀░░░░▀▀▄█████
█████░░▀▀████░░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
████▄▀░░░░░░░░▄▄███████████
████▀░░▀███████████████████
████▄░░▄███████████████████
████░░░░██░░░░▀░░░░░░▀█████
████░░░░██░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀████
cryptodv

Activity: 1092

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 05:07:37 AM

I also saw someone posted on Twitter that another vendor is accepting $NANO. It's a shoe or clothing website. It said 9 $NANO for some shoes. Lol. Cheesy

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
billy.ryoko

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:42:29 AM

I also saw someone posted on Twitter that another vendor is accepting $NANO. It's a shoe or clothing website. It said 9 $NANO for some shoes. Lol. Cheesy

Can you share the link about it, this is the good news $NANO can buy the real production now, the price will pump again in the future.  Grin

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
Pages: « 1 ... 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 [530] 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 ... 639 »
  Print  

Jump to: