Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:50:42 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 559 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XRP] Ripple Speculation  (Read 636994 times)
Jjtjjt

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 02:59:05 AM

If banks adopted Bitcoin it would be the nightmare of all PR nightmares.  They would lose far more customers and accounts than imaginable.   Maybe in 10 years they will change their mind, but it probably won't happen anytime soon. <~ That's reality.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1454

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 06:06:43 AM

There shouldn't even be a Ripple speculation topic.  The entire asset, it's issuance, and its distribution are centrally controlled - the price will be whatever the company wants.  The entire idea of speculating or investing such an asset is absurd.

I am So sick of hearing this "centrally controlled" nonsense.  It's getting really old and stale.  I love Bitcoin  as much as the next guy, but come on, get off it already.

Because it is. The worst part is they are marketing themselves as "decentralized" which they are not. They are not even a real cryptocoin. What they have is a database with a currency centrally controlled only by them. They even gave the gateways power to freeze your money in the platform. Where is the spirit of crypto in there?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
blackhawk101

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 02:43:45 AM

and that is why it appeals to banks...
cmbartley

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 06:22:57 AM

There shouldn't even be a Ripple speculation topic.  The entire asset, it's issuance, and its distribution are centrally controlled - the price will be whatever the company wants.  The entire idea of speculating or investing such an asset is absurd.

I am So sick of hearing this "centrally controlled" nonsense.  It's getting really old and stale.  I love Bitcoin  as much as the next guy, but come on, get off it already.

Because it is. The worst part is they are marketing themselves as "decentralized" which they are not. They are not even a real cryptocoin. What they have is a database with a currency centrally controlled only by them. They even gave the gateways power to freeze your money in the platform. Where is the spirit of crypto in there?

Do your homework:

"The Ripple Consensus Ledger gives addresses the ability to freeze non-XRP balances, which can be useful to meet regulatory requirements, or while investigating suspicious activity. There are three settings related to freezes:

Because no party has a privileged place in the Ripple Consensus Ledger, the freeze feature cannot prevent a counterparty from conducting transactions in XRP or funds issued by other counterparties. No one can freeze XRP."

https://ripple.com/build/transactions/
cmbartley

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 06:24:07 AM

XRP was rallying to 1750 highest, but the market is not bullish or XRP's market cap is already big, no more growth room. The price be 900 sat again. Seed B funding is just hype, such siacoin did the same, pump and dump

Care to revise?
c4s7or

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 08:35:46 AM

Didnt expect the price to go over 1500. Already sold my coins.
It stays exciting Smiley
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1454

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 04:23:54 AM

I am So sick of hearing this "centrally controlled" nonsense.  It's getting really old and stale.  I love Bitcoin  as much as the next guy, but come on, get off it already.

Do your homework:

"The Ripple Consensus Ledger gives addresses the ability to freeze non-XRP balances, which can be useful to meet regulatory requirements, or while investigating suspicious activity. There are three settings related to freezes:

Because no party has a privileged place in the Ripple Consensus Ledger, the freeze feature cannot prevent a counterparty from conducting transactions in XRP or funds issued by other counterparties. No one can freeze XRP."

https://ripple.com/build/transactions/

Yes. But they can freeze your non XRP funds in Ripple am I correct? What kind of cryptocurrency platform is that? I would rather use my bank. At least with them I can talk to the manager face to face when something is wrong.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 07:48:04 AM

"They" can do that on Coinbase or whatever other platform too, only invisible to other people. Ripple gateways are more like transparent exchange backends and part of the regulations is that you need to be able to stop someone from transacting stuff that belongs to you (or tracks something that belongs to you). Only gateways can freeze balances and only balances they issued. They are also able to publicly disclaim freezing permanently with a special transaction that kinda works like burning a fuse.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 02:38:00 PM

Ripple is definitely an interesting coin.
Its the total opposite of most coins, by the fact they are working with banks, have a centralized database they have some control over, etc.
This business model is either going to fizzle out, or explode and the price of coins will skyrocket.
I'm going to do a small investment and see what happens, I guess.

Jumanji7

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 10:48:10 AM

XRP price shows some kind of anomaly today.
olcaytu2005
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 11:56:32 AM

The anomaly is happening on gateaways: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ripple/#markets

Supposedly ripple trippled its price, polo is still trying to understand and catch up for arbitage, perhaps. It's wierd. I tempted to long some at the moment. It might be a bug tho, I don't really know.
sergei000

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 06:32:06 AM

Yeah, just a bit. 5 times up/down. Not a bad announcement yesterday. I wonder how many people made a killing on that spike:)
the_miner43

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 03:17:38 PM

Finally the ripple are increasing in value, what price do you think will reach?
Qumiu

Activity: 164

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 02:19:22 PM

XRP is a dead coin.   No adoption.  Just bagholders telling fairy stories to each other
but this coin is used by the wings in ICO
_nur

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 03:04:30 PM

Talking only about XRP and not even mentioning the other cool features on RCL:

* XRP transaction settles on the ledger in a matter of seconds

* The fees for sending XRP are incredibly low

* There's no artificial limit on the "block size"

* RCL doesn't waste energy on mining

* XRP is not involved in shady dark web markets or criminal activity

* Its in Ripple's best interest financially to be a wise steward of the crypto-currency

This is an important point, because of the large XRP position held by the company. There's been a lot of speculation about motives but if you think about it logically, XRP is a valuable asset and it would be foolish to sell it recklessly while holding large quantities. Its in the company's best interests to act in a manner that is ethical and productive - harming the community of XRP holders is not a viable long term plan.

* Although RCL is still moving towards decentralization, its in Ripple's best interests to operate validators ethically

Its in Ripple's best interests to make sure that RCL operates ethically and fairly. Taking action that runs contrary to the spirit of a decentralized system is again not a viable long term plan. Look at Ethereum, they forked the network because they didn't like one of the contracts. And this, from a system which is supposed to enforce "code is law?"

* A hand-picked all star development team with over two centuries of collective experience.

* RCL is backed by a company that can afford to pay developer salaries

This last one is huge. Right now Bitcoin is going through a governance crisis. You've got the Core team which has been co-opted by Blockstream, they are paid by Blockstream, there's a massive conflict of interest. They won't increase the block size, and instead they are peddling this massively overcomplicated Segwit, for what appears to be ulterior motives. The opposing consensus is that they are intentionally limiting the performance of the Bitcoin system to make their commercial alternative (Lightning network) more appealing. And then you have bad actors which own all the social media for Bitcoin. The bitcointalk forum, the bitcoin subreddit, the bitcoin website, and the official bitcoin GitHub repository. Censorship rules the day on these sites.

* Anyone can develop software that runs on RCL

There's plenty of documentation on the wiki, and RCL is open-access. Want a better wallet? You can write it. Shopping cart? Nothing is stopping anyone from building applications that work with XRP. They can build exchanges, e-commerce applications, the sky is the limit. Has been from day one.

I think that if you compare XRP to BTC at this moment in time, in many ways it is superior. As a pure cryptocurrency XRP has many appealing features. All this and we have not even said a word about the non-XRP features.

I have also not mentioned any of the company's publicly stated plans such as ILP or the MM program (and these plans are great). If you look at XRP all by itself just with what's already there, its a great cryptocurrency and competes quite favorably with the others. XRP can fill all the use-cases that Bitcoin can, and do a better job of it for the reasons stated above. If people are excited about Bitcoin they should also be excited about XRP.

https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/2666-what-are-your-views-on-xrp/?page=14#comment-24440
Arvydas77

Activity: 1092
Merit: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2017, 11:40:35 AM

I want to share some of my point of view about Ripple (XRP). I liked this coin from the very start I discovered cryptocurrencies. It was one of the real use project silently doing their job. I appreciate why people are hating Ripple. Because of pre-mine, relations with banks, AML/KYC appliance etc. But they do not understand that any state and financial institution isn't willing to lose their control and give all the credits to the mysterious network, mathematical alghoritm etc. Libertarian dreams are not mundane facts. If Bitcoin is revolution in world currency, Ripple is a revolution in a payment system. Just take a look how current payment system works. It takes 2-4 business days to transfer money from USA to Europe and vice versa. It is old and do not apply to the needs of 21st century business. Cross-border payments are in need and such a projects as Ripple could benefit. Interledger is an option but I do not insist that many financial institutions will adopt it. Ripple Labs raised money and they are doing their job. They have enough funds and intelectual force to reach their goals. I do not care that the price is low. I know that it will rise if project succeeds. Certainly they can fail but despite that Ripple is doing somewhat that financial world system lacks today.
Regarding the price I do not expect it goes to the moon. It could swing around the 0.01 cent and stabilize there. Having in mind the max supply of 100,000,000,000 XRP the whole market cap could reach  $1 000 000 000 much lower than Bitcoin has and around the ETH market cap in the future. 

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Jooonge

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 06:44:57 PM

https://cointelegraph.com/news/while-bitcoin-price-passes-950-onecoin-leads-top-five-scam-coins

Ripple seems like a scam ?
paramind22

Activity: 2660
Merit: 552

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2017, 05:13:00 PM

So, what will the price be in a year from now and why?

RoftheN

Activity: 546

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 03:26:05 PM

Why did it go down this time?
yvv
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2017, 03:46:11 PM

Ripple "consensus ledger" concept failed. Cool tech, but nobody wants to buy it. Banks don't like it because it is public and crypto community doesn't like it because it is centralized. It is still running by inertia, but there is no real use for it as it there was no real use for it 4 years ago. Now ripple is trying to sell their new toy, interledger, and the story is repeating. A lot of talking about cool tech, partnerships and pilot projects but no real use.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 559 »
  Print  

Jump to: