Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:10:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 [512] 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XRP] Ripple Speculation  (Read 636334 times)
MemberBerries

Activity: 1099
Merit: 267

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 07:40:09 AM

Btw SWIFT + Ripple  Wink

Memba!!! I got banned from everywhere Sad i was aking too much question Sad

ffs hahahaha they will take you back, easy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dr.cheema

Activity: 826
Merit: 117

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 03:30:02 PM

In this situation the investment is not needed but there are people who are invested already definitely need to hold them because the chances of improvement in the end of this year will be e available so that I'm saying this and it may go to double the value
As we are seeing dump in crypto prices, don't know prices will go up or not in this month but trying to buy at cheap price.
Indeed Crypto prices could be double end of this year, holders  will should not sell at current price.
Hope any good news will trigger market again and see green market again! 
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 03:57:42 PM

You know this is possible with Bitcoin too (and has much higher impact there), right? It just costs more...

Impact would be on nodes serving historic data, not on nodes validating transactions. Have fun shorting XRP, I'll have fun providing the funds to shorters, collect interest and watch them burn (just look at XRPUSD or XRPBTC market depths and then imagine what happens if a whale decides to make a singe huge buy order to flush out these shorts you put into place around 30 cents...).

So far historic nodes are on Ripple, a bit not "decentralised".

I run one for years by now and I'm not with Ripple. There are a couple others like me out there too, maybe you want to run a full history node too? You certainly could.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
vsyc

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 06:34:28 PM

You know this is possible with Bitcoin too (and has much higher impact there), right? It just costs more...

Impact would be on nodes serving historic data, not on nodes validating transactions. Have fun shorting XRP, I'll have fun providing the funds to shorters, collect interest and watch them burn (just look at XRPUSD or XRPBTC market depths and then imagine what happens if a whale decides to make a singe huge buy order to flush out these shorts you put into place around 30 cents...).

So far historic nodes are on Ripple, a bit not "decentralised".

I run one for years by now and I'm not with Ripple. There are a couple others like me out there too, maybe you want to run a full history node too? You certainly could.

What is the cost for full history node?
vsyc

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 06:35:10 PM

Btw SWIFT + Ripple  Wink

Nope, karlito is too biased towards me. Am perma deleted.
RivAngE

Activity: 728
Merit: 169

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 10:04:21 PM

Btw SWIFT + Ripple  Wink

Nope, karlito is too biased towards me. Am perma deleted.

From what exactly are you perma banned? And who is that Karlito man?
I don't understand the context xD
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 04:19:51 AM

@ðºÞæ. Sukrin is correct. Also, all the validating nodes are controlled by Ripple. Your tool might cause a small disturbance on the network, however, it will not be as serious as you want to.

It affects each and every coin which can not scale, thats the gist of it.
Any low marketcap coin can be used all others play "Russian roulette" without a fix. Who likes to gable away his (cough) investment.
Not my tool, or code.

Devs need to find a fix without it is lights out.
Issue at hand, the biggest achievement for David Schwartz (aka JoelKatz) to date is loosing the beginning of the XRP database for which he was generously rewarded  1 Billion XRP. Does he have the technical know how to fix it, no. The only option for him is to find some competed devs who put a band aid on and call it a fix.

Ripple can scale more than most cryptocoins, the nodes that validate are maybe less than 50. Also, it might be more effective and simpler to do an attack through denial of service attacks if some on those 50 are vulnerable.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 06:05:13 AM

@ðºÞæ. Sukrin is correct. Also, all the validating nodes are controlled by Ripple. Your tool might cause a small disturbance on the network, however, it will not be as serious as you want to.

Any low marketcap coin can be used all others play "Russian roulette" without a fix. Who likes to gable away his (cough) investment.
Not my tool, or code.

Issue at hand, the biggest achievement for David Schwartz (aka JoelKatz) to date is loosing the beginning of the XRP database for which he was generously rewarded  1 Billion XRP. Does he have the technical know how to fix it, no. The only option for him is to find some competed devs who put a band aid on and call it a fix.

Ripple can scale more than most cryptocoins, the nodes that validate are maybe less than 50. Also, it might be more effective and simpler to do an attack through denial of service attacks if some on those 50 are vulnerable.

There will be even fewer than 50 nodes as soon as the first has legal issues to deal with for not having a money license, which is required if you transmit money from someone else. Nothing is needed just just validating the own transactions, but then must also keep records for 25 years as per law.
XRP can scale, you clearly are clueless what it means to scale in years to come.

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
ophyrim

Activity: 994
Merit: 391

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 11:24:22 AM

The SEC is starting to run a validator
Can you attach some proofs about it? Coz it's will be really strong fundamental thing.

https://www.ripple.com/insights/q2-2019-xrp-markets-report/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=organic_social

Notable Regulatory Activity:

The SEC announced that it would establish nodes on certain open source, permissionless ledgers, such as the XRP Ledger, to help inform its policy making.
The UK’s Financial Conduct Authority analogized XRP to ETH, which it recognized was a hybrid utility/exchange token, not a security token.

The clarification of the regulation is very important for Ripple and XRP. I hope SEC will approve what we say always and the market will buy it. And then even JPM coin or Libra can not stop XRP.
Hodor7777

Activity: 615
Merit: 112

It’s easy to confuse what is with what ought to be

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2019, 01:52:41 PM

The XRP Community Fund Foundation

Blog Location:    https://coil.com/p/Hodor/The-XRP-Community-Fund-Foundation/dM4UuCJ5n

The XRP Community Fund Foundation is primed to change the landscape of XRP; In today's blog I answer some of the questions people have posed and provide more background on the organization.   And of course, there's something a little 'extra' for Coil subscribers at the end!

I hope you enjoy the read!

Thanks & Sincerely,
-Hodor

On Twitter:    https://twitter.com/Hodor/status/1155834346164633600?s=20 

Branko

Activity: 2464
Merit: 318

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 03:05:36 PM

Not my tool, or code.

There will be even fewer than 50 nodes as soon as the first has legal issues to deal with for not having a money license, which is required if you transmit money from someone else. Nothing is needed just just validating the own transactions, but then must also keep records for 25 years as per law.
XRP can scale, you clearly are clueless what it means to scale in years to come.

LOL, SEC will run their own XRP node soon
RivAngE

Activity: 728
Merit: 169

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 06:49:16 AM

Not my tool, or code.

Just how did you come up with the number 50? Maybe you're being confused with dPoS (delegated Proof of Stake) coins like ARK which has 51 delegates?
XRP network consists of 1029 nodes as of this moment, here's the full list but it might get laggy while it's loading: https://xrpcharts.ripple.com/#/topology

Good luck 51% attacking XRP ! Grin
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 03:56:36 AM

Not my tool, or code.

The investors on the company behind Ripple are politically connected. Why do you think the SEC is not pushing regulatory pressure on it?

XRP can scale their platform faster than any cryptocoin, for the reasons we do not want to hear, however.

@RivAngE. How many of that 1029 nodes are included in Ripple's trusted Unique Node List?

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
TrueColorsBby

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 05:12:58 AM

SEC getting involved.. ripple will fit smoothly in the regulation framework that's coming
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 05:46:54 AM

SEC getting involved.. ripple will fit smoothly in the regulation framework that's coming
Ripple has no issues, someone transmitting "MemberBerries" money (unconfirmed rumor say he is son of orama bin laten) without licenses will have issues to deal with sooner or later, fact, same as lightning node operators,
The only 100% compliant blockchain is BitCoin (BSV) as it is designed from ground up to comply as in whitepaper.

On scaling front right now

BSV 14000 tps
Komodo 10000 tps
Xem 4000 tps
Eos 3000 tps
Xrp 1500 tps
BTC 6 tps

better get developing before being left behind.
51% attack is somekind of time-warp, it was discussed in 2013. There is a shitton of coins out there where just a modern desktop is needed to do it. In History of crypto i think one coin got attacked (Bottlecaps) and recoverd just to die a natural dead later.
In History of crypto just two coins where successfully hacked, XLM and XRP.

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1709

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 06:07:00 AM

Going to be trying another long here on the XRPBTC pair. Basically first trade on XRP after that huge loss that happened earlier when it had the huge crash.

I am trading off the daily and currently ~3300 Sat area is strong resistance since it was support previously, if I see this broken with conviction then I will enter a long if it retests.

I think the low was indeed the ~2770 area and we won't be going lower than that. On the XRPUSD chart I am bidding around $0.25 which seems like a great area to long because support looks very strong. Hopefully it won't break this time.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
lepbagong

Activity: 2282
Merit: 121

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 06:16:44 AM

XRP starts show signs of grow. Early to say but lets watch and see.
instead I see the opposite of what you say that xpp is in growth but it's too early to say. but I actually see something else from this XPR, now it is indeed good and starting to be able to also be calculated for a good and profitable investment in time.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 08:56:42 AM

Speculating for the price is fun, but the header from Hodor's last post says it all: "Real Business vs Speculation".
XRP is all about real business. Not many other projects can say the same.

It's also important to distinguish real business vs shallow business... for example Enjin being preinstalled in some Samsung phones is not a real business, it's just a marketing agreement.
For a real business to occur, the project has to be offering something another company or users need and are willing to pay for it.

Ripple does that in many fronts, some of which include XRP.
The real business which ripple provided are only security and transaction base which is the reason why some private companies use it but that doesn't make it totally a real business as you spoke of because the private companies which had business agreement with ripple use it as a secondary platform.

But XRP is speculation. Ripple does real business for sure, but people speculate and hope that one day all these companies using all their Ripple services will also say, you know let us get onto XRP as well.

That has not happened yet, therefore no demand. This is the speculation of XRP.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
MemberBerries

Activity: 1099
Merit: 267

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 04:27:32 PM

Speculating for the price is fun, but the header from Hodor's last post says it all: "Real Business vs Speculation".
XRP is all about real business. Not many other projects can say the same.

It's also important to distinguish real business vs shallow business... for example Enjin being preinstalled in some Samsung phones is not a real business, it's just a marketing agreement.
For a real business to occur, the project has to be offering something another company or users need and are willing to pay for it.

Ripple does that in many fronts, some of which include XRP.
The real business which ripple provided are only security and transaction base which is the reason why some private companies use it but that doesn't make it totally a real business as you spoke of because the private companies which had business agreement with ripple use it as a secondary platform.

But XRP is speculation. Ripple does real business for sure, but people speculate and hope that one day all these companies using all their Ripple services will also say, you know let us get onto XRP as well.

That has not happened yet, therefore no demand. This is the speculation of XRP.

Isnt moneygram utility enough? Or R3?
Branko

Activity: 2464
Merit: 318

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 04:41:07 PM

Main XRP problem is that noone will give Ripple company such power, without negotiating
"balance of power" behind the scenes...you can't expect big banks to just blindly give away
their leverage over financial system to some newcomer, no matter how good is their technology

Once its settled behind the scenes, we can see $589  Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 [512] 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 »
  Print  

Jump to: