Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:48:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 [415] 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 ... 2139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WAVES. Ultimate crypto-tokens blockchain platform.  (Read 2389091 times)
dannac

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Crypto Geek

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 01:18:47 PM

I hope the price of btc is going up because of investors buying more btc to pour into waves. Just a hope.

No.  It's because China wants it to and is making it happen.  As is usually the case when BTC mewns.

Yeah, that's most probably the case.
KarlKarlsson_

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 01:37:08 PM

I'm not really sure if taking LISK as a reference would give us a reliable forecast for the near future for WAVES...

I think waves has a strong chance to be the currency that will define 2016 and adoption rates for crypto in general could soar because of it.  All Waves team needs to do is make the gui simple for all to use so barrier of entry is not an issue. One of the things I hated about eth is you basically had to be a dev to use it for months after release.  Waves has a big opportunity to not scare the less techie people and keep it simple.

I really hope they won't flop on this. You would think that GUI is a simple thing to do with a large budget, but it's ridiculous how many times devs of other crypto projects failed to deliver.  Huh
You will be able to test the Lite Client in the coming days and I'm sure you'll like it  Smiley
pugilist555

Activity: 474
Merit: 261

GBM

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 01:37:34 PM

when will Waves be on the exchanges?
On June, 1 you will be able to trade WAVES on exchanges. Please be patient until we announce all details.

Which exchanges have been approached. I checked with Bittrex 2 days ago and they said they need a working wallet to add and to check the code. Which is yet to happen.

Blockchain technology
kingorbust

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 01:53:47 PM

Everyone is optimistic here but what I dont understand is when ICO is over then where will you be able to sell or buy waves? poloniex?

So I send btc to addres in my waves account and then what happens on june 1.? Where do I buy it or sell it?
Exchanges will be announced in time, don't worry.

Exactly, just send to your personal Bitcoin deposit address and wait for the end of ICO. On June, 1 you will be able to transfer your tokens from the ICO site to any exchange which is hosting a WAVES trading pair. Lite client, which will enable the creation of personal accounts, is going to be released few days after ICO.

Thanks! Can you answer the following questions:

1. I use kraken or poloniex for trading. So if they don't offer waves trading yet can I just safely leave waves on "your address" that you create for me after ICO ends and leave it there, even for months? I dont want to register for new exchange just so I can trade waves yet. Even less, I dont want to downlaod some software to store my waves offline, on my disk etc.

2. What is this Lite Client ? I hope it is not something we have to download, create our block chain or whatever this is because I have no idea how this works. I'd just like my waves to be somewhere safe,online, for months or more, and then I can trade them later if i want. Is this what Lite Client  will do?

3. So the more people buy at ICO the less waves we get when ICO ends? If I buy 1000 waves right now and then many people buy them again in the next days I will end up with less than 2000 when ICO ends, right?

4. Does it matter if I send you BTC now or the last day? I think not, right? I dont get less waves if I understand correctly. It will all be calcualted when ico ends.

Thanks in advance. I am definitely gonna send you some BTC, it seems people are optimistic.

So my questions is really what will happen to my waves, physically, in the next few months. Do I have to move them out or how?

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
IOTUSA

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 02:05:33 PM

"15 million tokens are reserved for bounties and the development team in the following proportions:
- 1 million tokens will be distributed to early supporters. Please check additional details below.
- 1 million tokens are reserved for post-ICO bounties.
- 4 million tokens are reserved for strategical partners and backers
- 9 million tokens are withheld by the development team. "

Seems like a of of reserved (pre-mined) tokens.  
Especially when 9 million of being 'withheld by the delevopment team', not used for any advancement of WAVES, just for the advancement of the developers!

Depending on the size of the team and the development time the members could easily have worked for free for months or even years before getting paid. I don't think it's that strange at all. Look at it this way:

Let's say they raise 15k BTC. 9% of that is 1.400 BTC (ballpark). That's $750k. For a team of say 4 people, $750k split 4-ways isn't even top-tier salary for 1 year for a talented coder. Then add the fact that there was a clear risk that they wouldn't raise the funds. I think it's pretty fair.

Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 02:09:53 PM

Everyone is optimistic here but what I dont understand is when ICO is over then where will you be able to sell or buy waves? poloniex?

So I send btc to addres in my waves account and then what happens on june 1.? Where do I buy it or sell it?

Exactly, just send to your personal Bitcoin deposit address and wait for the end of ICO. On June, 1 you will be able to transfer your tokens from the ICO site to any exchange which is hosting a WAVES trading pair. Lite client, which will enable the creation of personal accounts, is going to be released few days after ICO.

Thanks! Can you answer the following questions:

1. I use kraken or poloniex for trading. So if they don't offer waves trading yet can I just safely leave waves on "your address" that you create for me after ICO ends and leave it there, even for months? I dont want to register for new exchange just so I can trade waves yet. Even less, I dont want to downlaod some software to store my waves offline, on my disk etc.

2. What is this Lite Client ? I hope it is not something we have to download, create our block chain or whatever this is because I have no idea how this works. I'd just like my waves to be somewhere safe,online, for months or more, and then I can trade them later if i want. Is this what Lite Client  will do?

3. So the more people buy at ICO the less waves we get when ICO ends? If I buy 1000 waves right now and then many people buy them again in the next days I will end up with less than 2000 when ICO ends, right?

4. Does it matter if I send you BTC now or the last day? I think not, right? I dont get less waves if I understand correctly. It will all be calcualted when ico ends.

Thanks in advance. I am definitely gonna send you some BTC, it seems people are optimistic.

So my questions is really what will happen to my waves, physically, in the next few months. Do I have to move them out or how?
1. The Waves team can answer how long they will keep the tokens accessible on their site, but you should be able to just leave them there.
2. The light client doesn't need to download the blockchain, but will sync up to full nodes instead. I think the light client will run in your browser.
3. As more people invest in the ICO, the division of tokens is greater, eg everyone gets fewer tokens but each token is worth a bit more.
4. It doesn't matter if you send BTC today or just before the ICO ends.
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 02:11:10 PM

Not sure if I understand it. If the lite client will be released few days after ICO, then how to transfer tokens from ICO site to exchange on June 1st, if the ICO ends on May 31st ... ?
MrWhiteBites

Activity: 770
Merit: 511

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 02:13:14 PM

its a pitty that there is not 50%less shares for the guys buying now. Because so we are losing alot of waves in the last days.

Look at it this way, the less we get the more they are worth!  I have found with icos, the more expensive the coin/token the higer the price it will trade at.

Lisk was around 18k sats per coin and hit 100k (quite easy).   So if Waves works out about the same, you can expect your coins/token to have a nice value. x4+ returns.

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 02:18:21 PM

Not sure if I understand it. If the lite client will be released few days after ICO, then how to transfer tokens from ICO site to exchange on June 1st, if the ICO ends on May 31st ... ?

The exchanges will set up full nodes and you will have a receiving Waves address that you can send your Waves to the exchanges wallet. A few days later the light clients are released and you can run your own wallet at home if you like. At least that's how I understand how this will work out.
Bgjjj2016

Activity: 448

Ben2016

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 02:29:36 PM

I'm not really sure if taking LISK as a reference would give us a reliable forecast for the near future for WAVES...

I think waves has a strong chance to be the currency that will define 2016 and adoption rates for crypto in general could soar because of it.  All Waves team needs to do is make the gui simple for all to use so barrier of entry is not an issue. One of the things I hated about eth is you basically had to be a dev to use it for months after release.  Waves has a big opportunity to not scare the less techie people and keep it simple.
well said ! Thank you !

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
Join the Elastic revolution! Elastic Network: The Decentralized Supercomputer 
ELASTIC WEBSITE|ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD|JOIN THE SLACK
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 02:31:32 PM

its a pitty that there is not 50%less shares for the guys buying now. Because so we are losing alot of waves in the last days.

Look at it this way, the less we get the more they are worth!  I have found with icos, the more expensive the coin/token the higer the price it will trade at.

Lisk was around 18k sats per coin and hit 100k (quite easy).   So if Waves works out about the same, you can expect your coins/token to have a nice value. x4+ returns.

True. if it reach 15K BTC, waves may just beat DASH market cap.
yet its still a waste that our waves get to decrease every time a big whale buy waves thru the ico page.  Those who expect to get a fortune when the waves' price reach about just $2 kept buying more.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Someone47

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 02:39:13 PM

end-user chrome browser plugin
when will released after ICO?  with the main net launch or later?

سلام
KhalDrago

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 02:40:53 PM

What if when it hits the exchange the price is around the ico and nobody really sells and the price just goes up? The price will only go down if the starting price would be very high, but if the price starts low then i dont think it will go down much then you need to be careful if you want to sell.
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 02:55:06 PM

The exchanges will set up full nodes and you will have a receiving Waves address that you can send your Waves to the exchanges wallet. A few days later the light clients are released and you can run your own wallet at home if you like. At least that's how I understand how this will work out.

OK, so where is the Send feature? Will it be available from the ICO account page?
ATA Group

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 03:03:38 PM

What if when it hits the exchange the price is around the ico and nobody really sells and the price just goes up? The price will only go down if the starting price would be very high, but if the price starts low then i dont think it will go down much then you need to be careful if you want to sell.

Some people will still dump it and there won't be enough "buying power" to keep the price so it will go down down down.

ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 03:05:59 PM

I think you cant take LISK as a reference, because this coin is on 5 levels over LISK.

Its a new development, not like LISK, this people here knew what they are doing.
This coin will start imo with a lot higher marketcap from the start then LISK.

When i think now about it, maybe about 80 million at the start?
Foex

Activity: 432

Bitrated user: Foex.

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 03:10:02 PM

Some people will still dump it and there won't be enough "buying power" to keep the price so it will go down down down.

This is the feature of every new coin. No matter what, dumper will always dump. But in the end, patience always win.

0xdB9A9D39B17F1223BF590a3F9D1FC7f2058eB111
KhalDrago

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 03:10:47 PM

They dump then they put their buy way to low and the price rockets and they cry its usually like that. You seem to be betting to buy low, well good luck, but if the price goes up u know u fcked up.
lokojones

Activity: 368

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 03:12:23 PM

project is solid and legit, no one will dump below ICO its no point... Major shit need to happen first:)

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                          ██████████████
                           ▀████████████
                             ███████████
             ▄▄▄▄          ▄████████████
           ▄██████▄      ▄███████▀▀█████
         ▄██████████▄  ▄███████▀    ▀██▀
       ▄█████████████████████▀
     ▄███████▀ ▀███████████▀
   ▄███████▀     ▀███████▀
 ▄███████▀         ▀███▀
 ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀
......███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
...                 ▄▄▄▄▄
                 ████████▄▄
                 ████████████▄
                     ▀▀████████▄
           ▄▄▄██████▄▄   ▀▀██████▄
         ▄██████████████▄▄  ▀█████▄
       ▄███████████████████▄  ▀█████
      ██████▀▀       ▀▀██████  ▀█████
     █████▀                     █████
    █████               █████████████▌
     █████▄                     █████
      ██████▄▄       ▄▄██████  ▄█████
       ▀███████████████████▀  ▄█████
         ▀███████████████▀   ▄█████▀
            ▀▀██████▀▀▀   ▄▄██████▀
                      ▄▄████████▀
                 ████████████▀
                 ████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀▀▀

.........███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
...............███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
raphma

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 03:14:17 PM

agree.
Any profit is enough to a few people, and at the start it will have dump.

The problem is: how much dump.

Lisk had a big dump, as more as people were dumping, more people were getting affraid of lose their investment and that became a snow ball effect.
We might see something like this with waves and the real investors just need to hold for a few weeks and we will be ok. i might even buy more.
Pages: « 1 ... 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 [415] 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 ... 2139 »
  Print  

Jump to: