Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:23:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 [408] 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 ... 2139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WAVES. Ultimate crypto-tokens blockchain platform.  (Read 2389091 times)
Thereisnospoon

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 08:11:47 PM

I was contemplating today on this idea and looking for the answer to some questions.

1.   Can financial incentive be created to provide service where you can pay your bills with crypto ?
2.  Will there be a demand for such market ?
3.  Could it be fully implemented on Waves or any other similar kind platform (with tokens/coins and fiat integration)?

Would be interesting to know your thoughts.

I think we should be looking much further than just paying bills, there are some services already enabling you to pay bills with crypto.

Mycelium for example is after complete management/financial suite with blockchain technology working in background.

Waves fiat tokens will be integrated in Mycelium wallet so many nice options above Waves itself to come for sure. There can be some unique cashback programs built on blockchain also.

Many financial institutions can be integrated above payment providers if they only wish. Asset-asset trading and fiat assets backed directly by gateways bring many possibilities.

Yes ,it's mind blowing what possibilities the blockchain  opens-so exiting to live in such times...

▄███▄
           ▄██▀▀█▀▀██▄
         ▄███▄  █  ▄███▄
       ▄██▀ █▀█▄█▄█▀█ ▀██▄
      ██▀  █  ▄███▄  █  ▀██
     ██    █▄█▀ █ ▀█▄█    ██
    ██▀▀▀▀▄██ ▄▀ ▀▄ ██▄▀▀▀▀██
   ██ █  █▀ ▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄ ▀█  █ ██
  ██   ██ ▄█▀█     █▀█▄ ██   ██
  ██ ▄▄███▀   █   █   ▀███▄▄ ██
 ██▄█▀▀█▀▀█▄▄▄▄█▄█▄▄▄▄█▀▀█▀▀█▄██
 ██▀  █ ▄██▄   ▄█▄   ▄██▄ █  ▀██
██▄▄▄ ██   █ ▄█▀█▀█▄ █   ██ ▄▄▄██
██   ███▄▄▄██▀  █  ▀██ ▄▄███   ██
██ ▄█▀█   ██▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄██   █▀█▄ ██
███▀  █ ▄█▀█   ▄█▄   █▀█▄ █  ▀███
 ▀██▄▄██▀   █ ▄▀ ▀▄ █   ▀██▄▄██▀
    ▀███▄▄  █▄█   █▄█  ▄▄███▀
       ▀▀███████████████▀▀
OTPPAY

traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 08:13:16 PM

Let me give a prediction. Heaviest dump of ICO history, way below the ICO price in the range of 1-3 cents for 1 wave.

I think it will be dumped heavily on launch. This is period of ICO hysteria, when all forum members believe in magical rule of ICO returns. I do think it is good project and I trust team but I abslutly dont trust investors, half of them are just greedy sheeps hoping for fast profits. If there will not be some incentive to buy right after ICO ends, it will be dumped to ICO level. Longterm price is something else of course.

I just hope it won't get dumped way below ICO lvls. Its a very bad idea to release the coin right after the ICO!

Doesn't matter what you believe, the rules and dates were clear from the start. Deciding against your own dates is the worst you can do. Launching after the ICO and having a smooth launch (unlike LISK) is way better than hyping for 1 month after the ICO and having a terrible launch.

I'll quote this on in a few days.

Lisk is priced 5-7x times its ICO value. Even with a horrible start and unbelievable long delays.
Waves is going to be traded below the ICO price. Most likely at half of the ICO value.

You can quote whatever you want, prices aren't magically decided from the reasoning you give on what would be right or wrong, market makers decide the price, who back the projects, these markets are highly manipulated.

I just stated an obvious thing, sticking to your rules and dates is the best thing you can do on a project, it gives credibility.

Right, and for the "market makers" its easy to dump the coin extremely hard to buy it even cheaper.
So expect a lose of half of your BTC after the launch!

Do you even understand what the topic of this discussion was originally and what I responded to? Your response makes 0 sense.

This guy is trolling you.

Anyone who understands ICOs knows that Waves will not be dumped at launch. Lol. I invested in Lisk and Waves. Lisk had WAY more people looking for a quick dump. The average IQ of the average Lisk investor was one of the lowest I have ever seen in a crypto community, and that is saying alot.

Yup, he is either trolling or extremely stupid.

I'll quote myself later.

Guys are you drunk!?

Alright, the ICO ends and a lot of people want to cash out. But WHO DA FUCK wanna buy the coin right after the ICO!?
So guess what will happen with the price if even a small amount of people tries to cash out?!

Greetings

The big buys will come after a while, probably in summer when mainnet launches. Also lot of traders will miss the ico and when the uptrend happend big money jumps in.

Of course but not RIGHT after the ICO. So don't expect anything higher than your invested value in BTC right after the launch.

There won't be a delay, as the makers of Waves want to deliver. They don't really care about the price of Waves as they've already received their BTCs.

@ATA Group,

If I understand you correct in the first quote above, you also think Waves tokens will gain a bullish price momentum, but not right after the ICO. On the other hand, you say the team don't care about the price of the tokens in the second quote above. As far as your argument goes, a plausible conclusion would be that the team don't care about the first-days price, not that the team don't care about the price. Those are two different things, and while you argue for the first one, you seem to be eager to conclude it with the second one.

Also, you seem to rely on reasonable fundamental principles while saying that people want to cash out. And it also seems reasonable that a delay may create an additional demand to cause an increase in the opening. However, your prediction that the price will fall to the half of the base cost sounds like a hasty conclusion, which escalates the argument quite quickly without any plausible effort.

Best,

Jian

Yes they don't care about the first day price as they don't even hold a lot waves. They are absolutely not interested in the opening price of waves. Ergo they are not interested in what most of the participants of the ICO want, fast money like LISK.

Yes its probably hasty to assume the price will fall down to half of the ICO price. But don't forget a lot of people are not experienced in trading and don't act reasonable. Moreover for a third of all participants the ICO price is 20% lower as they received a first day bonus. So its reasonable to assume that the price will fall below ICO.

Why?

Because there is not demand for waves as everyone who wanted some waves already bought them.

You can call that on ANY ICO and it doesn't seem to come true currently with the "new generation" crypto projects.

Also if any market-maker would decide to dump below ICO levels just to accumulate, he would hurt the credibility of the project and will generate bagholders who might dump on the slightest rise. Currently no new generation ICO dumped to half it's ICO price, but here you are predicting right this and you still don't see yourself as a troll.

ATA Group

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 08:15:41 PM

Let me give a prediction. Heaviest dump of ICO history, way below the ICO price in the range of 1-3 cents for 1 wave.

I think it will be dumped heavily on launch. This is period of ICO hysteria, when all forum members believe in magical rule of ICO returns. I do think it is good project and I trust team but I abslutly dont trust investors, half of them are just greedy sheeps hoping for fast profits. If there will not be some incentive to buy right after ICO ends, it will be dumped to ICO level. Longterm price is something else of course.

I just hope it won't get dumped way below ICO lvls. Its a very bad idea to release the coin right after the ICO!

Doesn't matter what you believe, the rules and dates were clear from the start. Deciding against your own dates is the worst you can do. Launching after the ICO and having a smooth launch (unlike LISK) is way better than hyping for 1 month after the ICO and having a terrible launch.

Lisk is priced 5-7x times its ICO value. Even with a horrible start and unbelievable long delays.
Waves is going to be traded below the ICO price. Most likely at half of the ICO value.

You can quote whatever you want, prices aren't magically decided from the reasoning you give on what would be right or wrong, market makers decide the price, who back the projects, these markets are highly manipulated.

I just stated an obvious thing, sticking to your rules and dates is the best thing you can do on a project, it gives credibility.

Right, and for the "market makers" its easy to dump the coin extremely hard to buy it even cheaper.

Do you even understand what the topic of this discussion was originally and what I responded to? Your response makes 0 sense.

Anyone who understands ICOs knows that Waves will not be dumped at launch. Lol. I invested in Lisk and Waves. Lisk had WAY more people looking for a quick dump. The average IQ of the average Lisk investor was one of the lowest I have ever seen in a crypto community, and that is saying alot.

I'll quote myself later.

Guys are you drunk!?

Alright, the ICO ends and a lot of people want to cash out. But WHO DA FUCK wanna buy the coin right after the ICO!?
So guess what will happen with the price if even a small amount of people tries to cash out?!

Greetings

The big buys will come after a while, probably in summer when mainnet launches. Also lot of traders will miss the ico and when the uptrend happend big money jumps in.

Of course but not RIGHT after the ICO. So don't expect anything higher than your invested value in BTC right after the launch.

There won't be a delay, as the makers of Waves want to deliver. They don't really care about the price of Waves as they've already received their BTCs.

@ATA Group,

If I understand you correct in the first quote above, you also think Waves tokens will gain a bullish price momentum, but not right after the ICO. On the other hand, you say the team don't care about the price of the tokens in the second quote above. As far as your argument goes, a plausible conclusion would be that the team don't care about the first-days price, not that the team don't care about the price. Those are two different things, and while you argue for the first one, you seem to be eager to conclude it with the second one.

Also, you seem to rely on reasonable fundamental principles while saying that people want to cash out. And it also seems reasonable that a delay may create an additional demand to cause an increase in the opening. However, your prediction that the price will fall to the half of the base cost sounds like a hasty conclusion, which escalates the argument quite quickly without any plausible effort.

Best,

Jian

Yes they don't care about the first day price as they don't even hold a lot waves. They are absolutely not interested in the opening price of waves. Ergo they are not interested in what most of the participants of the ICO want, fast money like LISK.

Yes its probably hasty to assume the price will fall down to half of the ICO price. But don't forget a lot of people are not experienced in trading and don't act reasonable. Moreover for a third of all participants the ICO price is 20% lower as they received a first day bonus. So its reasonable to assume that the price will fall below ICO.

Why?

Because there is not demand for waves as everyone who wanted some waves already bought them.

You can call that on ANY ICO and it doesn't seem to come true currently with the "new generation" crypto projects.

Also if any market-maker would decide to dump below ICO levels just to accumulate, he would hurt the credibility of the project and will generate bagholders who might dump on the slightest rise. Currently no new generation ICO dumped to half it's ICO price, but here you are predicting right this and you still don't see yourself as a troll.

Alright, lets close the price discussion and hope it want fall below ICO.

Are there any applications in Waves, where user can make some waves with?
Like the delegates in LISK?

traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 08:19:48 PM

I'll quote myself later.

Guys are you drunk!?

Greetings

@ATA Group,

Best,

Jian

Why?

Alright, lets close the price discussion and hope it want fall below ICO.

Just shows how you didn't even read 2 lines, but you make unreal market predictions that aren't based on anything.

mxxxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 08:20:23 PM

Waves is different project.

Will POW be avilable when wave start or is it clear pos ?

Waves is inflation-less system, limited supply, total 100 Mil. POS at start, later there will be new implementation of LPOS.

What is this LPOS?

Congratulations on 10.000 btc!
Wonder how much would cost to run Waves master node and what is going to be the reword for it?  

Anyone with balance above 0 will be able to get rewards from the network by having full node or leasing to them through lite clients. Shared rewards will depend from balances. So above Waves token being the fuel of whole platform with assets and all transactions happening there you will be able to get incentives from the network itself. No masternodes concept or min requirement for full nodes. One big network with incentives.
Thanks,that sounds good-completely decentralised  and accessible to all network partitipants  but still rewording    for bigger stacker so you could earn more for your bigger input into the network.Hope I am getting this rihgt.

Yes, at the same time transactions become much faster as full nodes process them effectively. So there will be competition between full nodes, but users with smaller balances and wishing for example to use only lite clients on any device with no blockchain download will be able to get part of the rewards from the full nodes also by leasing to them. Above new POS implementation there will be new scalability approach presented in tech paper also.
Thanks for clarification.For my non tech mind there should be a lot of room for inovation and flexibility in such approach.

ATA Group

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 08:32:02 PM

@mxxxxxx thx

Just shows how you didn't even read 2 lines, but you make unreal market predictions that aren't based on anything.

Bro It's just a market prediction nothing more.

JollyTrades

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 08:36:12 PM

Why?

@ATA Group,

First of all, you pretend to know the intentions of the ICO participants. Where do you know it? Is there a survey showing that the majority of the ICO money wants easy cash in the first days, or do you just assume it to be so? Secondly, you draw on the immaturity of the speculators here. But you should also take into account that this very immaturity could cause an increase in the price. Why? Because there is nowadays an immense hype in the ICOs in general, and you may see people talking about cashing out at 10x or so, which shows that there are a group of people who believe the price will go up that much. This we should attribute to the immaturity. And this is why the demand may grow, contrary to your assumption that whoever wants to hold Waves have already contributed to the ICO.

As for the fact that the base cost of the tokens is lower for the first-day participants, we also need to consider that those participants put their money 6 weeks before the launch. So for most of them 20% would not be the right spot to cash out, when you take into account the opportunity cost of their investments.

Best,

Jian
Trade_BTC

Activity: 785
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 08:39:42 PM

Waves team, besides the businesses mentioned in the thread thus far have any approached you to add waves to their business?  If so do you plan to make waves business backed? Are you receiving any opportunities from established businesses, if so can you say who? I'd like to see waves used in more than just finance sector maybe a game or casino too.
MrWhiteBites

Activity: 770
Merit: 511

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 08:39:57 PM

I was contemplating today on this idea and looking for the answer to some questions.

1.   Can financial incentive be created to provide service where you can pay your bills with crypto ?
2.  Will there be a demand for such market ?
3.  Could it be fully implemented on Waves or any other similar kind platform (with tokens/coins and fiat integration)?

Would be interesting to know your thoughts.

I think we should be looking much further than just paying bills, there are some services already enabling you to pay bills with crypto.

Mycelium for example is after complete management/financial suite with blockchain technology working in background.

that alone is something VERY SPECIAL right there! Mycelium, is an OUTSTANDING Wallet and Company.  Seriously, anyone who does not have the Mycelium wallet for android (i presume apple fanboys also) is missing out on a whole new world.  I can not believe i was without it for so long.

Mycelium opened my eyes to a whole new world.  I have bought many items on Openbazaar with a few clicks of Mycelium, truly outstanding experience. To know Waves has partnered with Mycelium is a monster move in the right direction, considering Mycelium will be the #1 mobile wallet in a year from now.

Looking forward to using Waves + Mycelium = Heaven!   

So WAVES Devs, take your time, get t right from the off and this platform will be a world beater.

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly
ATA Group

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 08:40:03 PM

Why?

@ATA Group,

First of all, you pretend to know the intentions of the ICO participants. Where do you know it? Is there a survey showing that the majority of the ICO money wants easy cash in the first days, or do you just assume it to be so? Secondly, you draw on the immaturity of the speculators here. But you should also take into account that this very immaturity could cause an increase in the price. Why? Because there is nowadays an immense hype in the ICOs in general, and you may see people talking about cashing out at 10x or so, which shows that there are a group of people who believe the price will go up that much. This we should attribute to the immaturity. And this is why the demand may grow, contrary to your assumption that whoever wants to hold Waves have already contributed to the ICO.

As for the fact that the base cost of the tokens is lower for the first-day participants, we also need to consider that those participants put their money 6 weeks before the launch. So for most of them 20% would not be the right spot to cash out, when you take into account the opportunity cost of their investments.

Best,

Jian

Jian just my prediction and this is yours. Lets keep it like this.

JollyTrades

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 08:43:09 PM

@ATA Group,

I did not predict anything. Just showed that your prediction is baseless.

Best,

Jian
ATA Group

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 08:44:08 PM

@ATA Group,

I did not predict anything. Just showed that your prediction is baseless.

Best,

Jian

OK  Grin

mxxxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2310

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 08:46:50 PM

Waves team, besides the businesses mentioned in the thread thus far have any approached you to add waves to their business?  If so do you plan to make waves business backed? Are you receiving any opportunities from established businesses, if so can you say who? I'd like to see waves used in more than just finance sector maybe a game or casino too.

There is a lot of interest and a lot of meetings. No mentions until negotiations is over.

Haunebu81

Activity: 525

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 08:52:08 PM

Some serious FUDDING is going on, in attempts to prevent more people to invest in the ICO so that they receive a larger cut of the WAVES tokens.
ATA Group

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 08:57:14 PM

Some serious FUDDING is going on, in attempts to prevent more people to invest in the ICO so that they receive a larger cut of the WAVES tokens.

It's not "fudding" its simple sense. People will dump the coin!

Haunebu81

Activity: 525

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 08:59:03 PM

It's not "fudding" its simple sense. People will dump the coin!

Yeah, let's all invest in the ICO and immediately dump on the exchange at prices lower than what we paid so we can lose money.....

Sounds legit.
monkeydong1

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 09:01:28 PM

Yes people will dump, and people will pump.  Kiss

You know.. A bit like normal new markets generally do.  Grin

chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 09:04:46 PM

You know.. A bit like normal new markets generally do.  Grin

So why buy now when you can buy much cheaper when it dumps?
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1188

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 09:10:25 PM

Wave after wave and 12k is near

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
JollyTrades

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 09:11:20 PM

You know.. A bit like normal new markets generally do.  Grin

So why buy now when you can buy much cheaper when it dumps?

If you're selling the call option with a lower strike price, I would buy your option instead of participating in the ICO. Would you?
Pages: « 1 ... 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 [408] 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 ... 2139 »
  Print  

Jump to: