Bitcoin Forum
September 23, 2017, 09:29:17 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Lykke - Semi-decentralized Exchange on the Blockchain  (Read 106111 times)
Alao

Activity: 440

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Not sure if I understand the 1-year forward offering correctly:
I basically get the Lykke I want to buy right away but pay 0.05 CHF in a year, right?

Thanks for confirming/correcting!

Hi KarKarlsson!

It's a little bit complicated ;-) -  more the other way around:

100 LKK entitle to 1 Lykke-Company-share. The price right now, on the exchange, is at about 0.05 CHF

If you decide to buy into this Crowdfunding, you buy a forward-contract (that runs for 1 year) at 20% discount. The price is 0.04 CHF instead of 0.05 CHF.

This is the explanation: https://forward.lykke.com/files/Fact_sheet_2017.pdf

Let me try to "translate" it:

If an Investor buys 100 LKK now for 0.04 CHF in this ICO it's in fact buying a contract between Lykke and the Investor that runs for 365 days after pulling the "365-day-trigger". The Investor is also free not to pull the trigger and to sell the contract (It will be traded after end of the ICO). If he believes in Lykke's potential he can pull the "365+trigger" what means the contract becomes effective. It's like signing a declaration to receive the shares in 365 days.

Practical it means: Let's say you buy 100 "Contract-LKK" in this ICO for 0.04 CHF and you pull the trigger right away, you get 100 LKK in 365 days. And let's say the price is 30% higher then, your profit would be 50% because you bought the "contract-LKK" 20% cheaper.

Or: Let's say you buy 100-Contract-LKK but you don't pull the trigger, because you are uncertain - you can even decide to sell it to somebody else. And maybe the one who buys it from you pulls the trigger and declares his intend to receive 100 LKK in 365 days.

I hope it makes it clearer. It's not that easy to explain ;-)

So are we still in ICO phase? I thought that was over since it is trading on three exchange.

EDIT: I saw the previous post about the new ICO. On a side note Lykke's has about 70k in volume today and it only went down a couple of points.

§: 8Q7zvaH955cCbqu2nCvpPcTvczGfe9psxE
§1 = 1MWh
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 01:12:35 PM

Not sure if I understand the 1-year forward offering correctly:
I basically get the Lykke I want to buy right away but pay 0.05 CHF in a year, right?

Thanks for confirming/correcting!

Hi KarKarlsson!

It's a little bit complicated ;-) -  more the other way around:

100 LKK entitle to 1 Lykke-Company-share. The price right now, on the exchange, is at about 0.05 CHF

If you decide to buy into this Crowdfunding, you buy a forward-contract (that runs for 1 year) at 20% discount. The price is 0.04 CHF instead of 0.05 CHF.

This is the explanation: https://forward.lykke.com/files/Fact_sheet_2017.pdf

Let me try to "translate" it:

If an Investor buys 100 LKK now for 0.04 CHF in this ICO it's in fact buying a contract between Lykke and the Investor that runs for 365 days after pulling the "365-day-trigger". The Investor is also free not to pull the trigger and to sell the contract (It will be traded after end of the ICO). If he believes in Lykke's potential he can pull the "365+trigger" what means the contract becomes effective. It's like signing a declaration to receive the shares in 365 days.

Practical it means: Let's say you buy 100 "Contract-LKK" in this ICO for 0.04 CHF and you pull the trigger right away, you get 100 LKK in 365 days. And let's say the price is 30% higher then, your profit would be 50% because you bought the "contract-LKK" 20% cheaper.

Or: Let's say you buy 100-Contract-LKK but you don't pull the trigger, because you are uncertain - you can even decide to sell it to somebody else. And maybe the one who buys it from you pulls the trigger and declares his intend to receive 100 LKK in 365 days.

I hope it makes it clearer. It's not that easy to explain ;-)

So are we still in ICO phase? I thought that was over since it is trading on three exchange.

This is an additional ICO but also different. The ICO last year was about purchasing LKK right away. Those LKK are free to buy and sell since the the ICO has ended.

The current ICO is about buying "LKK-Contracts", like LKK-Futures. With other words: You buy a contract to get LKK in 365 days (if you pull the trigger) at 20% discount.

Imagine it this way: I have LKK in my wallet that I bought in the ICO in September 2016. And we both could make a deal - a contract:

Let's say all my LKK would be worth $1000 at the current exchange-price. You give me $800 (20% below the current market price) now and you get my LKK in 365 days. If Lykke makes good progress and the price goes up, so that the LKK in my wallet will value at $1500 in 365 days, you make not only 50% profit but 70% - because of the 20% discount we've agreed to in our contract.

That's what Lykke offers in this ICO, but a little bit cooler: An Investor who buys such a contract is free to pull the "365-day-trigger" whenever he wants - or to trade the LKK-contract. Once the trigger is pulled, what is like signing the contract, it will run for 365 days and the Investor will receive the "real-LKK" in 365 after pulling the trigger.

Edit: Didn't see the edit before I posted ;-)

Regarding volume and price of LKK on the exchange: Interesting will be to see if some will sell LKK to have money to buy into the "LKK-Contracts", because it would be a little bit paradox: Pressure on the exchange-price, but at the same time a promising sign because it's a long-term-decision (at least if an Investor pulls the "365-day-trigger").

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 01:33:34 PM

Who missed the Zurich-Talk can watch it here:

It starts here: https://youtu.be/kwoNk-CepAM?t=23m48s

It's really interesting, especially the Q & A --> Questions (smart), Answers (even smarter) ;-) 

But the whole conference is interesting.

Volume is a little bit low but the sound is good. Plus, a better version will follow:

I'll be uploading a better quality version of last nights recording as soon as possible. The audio was low for some reason

Kaznachej123

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2017, 03:31:09 PM

Hello! Question to the participants how to write ICO changed after the token price Lykke today. Better tell me what the price was on the ICO and I'll see! Wink   Maybe now much cheaper to buy than the token during the ICO company?

ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2017, 03:51:52 PM

Lykke Forward added to http://icocountdown.com

Never miss a crowdsale again!

https://twitter.com/ICOcountdown/status/829918877727338496

jacaf01

Activity: 490

★ BitClave ICO: mid-October ★

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 04:31:34 PM

I think we need legal advisers services on this forum, to help analyses all the products coming to the market, what I understand about this offer is just away to get more money from people and even dilute the value of the Lykke tokens. Most of these tokens been offered to people are just for speculative purposes and not a stake in the company.

,'+██':                 
              ,█████████████;             
            .██████████████████           
            .████████████████████         
         █  .███;         ,███████.       
        ██  .█+              '█████'       
      `███  .█+    ,;'':       █████+     
      ████  .█+ ███████████,    ,████+     
     █████  .████████████████,    ████,   
    ██████  .██████████████████   `████   
   ;██████  .█████`      '██████  .█████   
   ████ ██  .███           :████████████. 
  +███  ██  .█.     `..      ████████████ 
  ████  ██  .    .███████'    ███████████`
 ,███   ██      ███████████    ███████████
 ████   ██     █████████████`  `██████████
 ███;  ███    ███████████████   ██████████`
 ███   ███   .████████████████  `█████████'
,███   ███   █████████████████   ██████████
'███  ,███   █████████████████:  ██████████
+███  ;███  `██████████████████  ██████████
████  '███  .██████████████████  +█████████
████  '███  .██████████████████  +█████████
'███  :███   █████████████████'  ██████████
:███   ███   █████████████████   ██████████
 ███   ███'  '████████████████   ██████████
 ███,  ████   ███████████████`  ██████████,
 ████  ,███:  `█████████████+   ██████████
 ;███   ████   `███████████+   ███████████
  ███'  .████    █████████`   +██████████;
  ████   █████     :███'     +███████████ 
   ████   █████`            ████████████+ 
   ████,   ██████`        +█████. +█████   
    ████    █████████++████████`   ████.   
    .████    ;████████████████    █████   
     '████`    +████████████     █████     
      +████+     `'█████+.     .█████     
       +█████.                ██████       
        ,██████;           .███████       
          █████████':,:;█████████.         
           ,███████████████████+           
             .███████████████;             
                `'████████,               
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 04:37:30 PM

50,000,000 new coins on the market?  Seriously?
jeraldskie11

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 04:40:04 PM

Hello op!
  I had already a lykke wallet. How to start here ? And what is the difference between bitcoin wallet address and colored bitcoin address?

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
    ▄█▀ ▄▄██▀▀▀██▄▄ ▀█▄
  ▄█▀ ▄███▀     ▀███▄ ▀█▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▀   ▄█▄   ▀███▄ ▀▄
▄█ ███▀   ▄█▀████▄  ▀███ █▄
█ ▄██▄   ▀█▄▄  ▀███▄▄███▄ █
█ ██████▄   ▀█▄   ▀██████ █
█ ▀███▀▀███▄  ▀▀█▄   ▀██▀ █

▀█ ███▄  ▀████▄█▀   ▄███ █▀

▀▄ ▀███▄   ▀█▀   ▄███▀ ▄▀

▀█▄ ▀███▄     ▄███▀ ▄█▀

▀█▄ ▀▀██▄▄▄██▀▀ ▄█▀

▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
SLVR█████
█████
█████
▄▄▀▀
█████
█████
▄▄▀▀
█████

█████

▄▄▀▀

█████

█████

█████
█████
█████
█████
▄▄▀▀
█████
█████
▄▄▀▀
█████

█████

▄▄▀▀

█████

█████

█████
[ WHITEPAPER ]
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
[ TECH  PAPER ]
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████████    █████████
█████    █████    ▀▀▀▀█████
█████    ▀▀▀▀         █████
██▀▀▀              ▄▄▄█████
██        ▄▄▄███    ███████
██▄▄▄▄█    █████    █▀▀▀▀██
███████    ██▀▀▀         ██
█████▀▀▀              ▄▄▄██
████         ▄▄▄██    █████
█████▄▄▄▄    █████    █████
█████████    ██████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
█████
█████
█████
▄▄▀▀
█████
█████
▄▄▀▀
█████

█████

▄▄▀▀

█████

█████

█████
!
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 04:52:09 PM

Hello! Question to the participants how to write ICO changed after the token price Lykke today. Better tell me what the price was on the ICO and I'll see! Wink   Maybe now much cheaper to buy than the token during the ICO company?

The price of LKK in Fiat was very stable since the ICO. First it went a little bit down during the Bitcoin-rise, than it was a little bit above ICO-price. Now it's a little bit below again.

You can see it here: http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/lykke/ (at the bottom you can also click on "Dollar").

But, the "1-year Lykke forward-token" that is offered until end of February is 20% cheaper.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 05:01:15 PM

I think we need legal advisers services on this forum, to help analyses all the products coming to the market, what I understand about this offer is just away to get more money from people and even dilute the value of the Lykke tokens. Most of these tokens been offered to people are just for speculative purposes and not a stake in the company.

The opposite is true. LKK represent company shares. The "1-year Lykke forward-token" represents the same, but as a 1-year-forward-contract at 20% discount. Plus: An Investor is free to pull the trigger to activate it, or to trade it.

But: Both are company-shares.
And: There is also no dilution because no LKK-tokens are new issued.  

Most important: Everybody has the choice if he wants to invest in Lykke or not. That's a simple "basic-fact". And if somebody wants to buy shares, there is also the choice to do it on the market as it is, or to buy into the "1-year Lykke forward-token" at 20% discount. And if somebody decides to do that, he has the additional choice to trade it after the ICO or to trigger the contract.

If you add all that together: Lykke gives a lot of choice here to ensure a win-win-situation and without any disadvantages for anybody.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 05:04:51 PM

50,000,000 new coins on the market?  Seriously?

I understand that it's not easy to understand. Important to read is this:

https://forward.lykke.com/files/Fact_sheet_2017.pdf

But even if it's not about more LKK on the market now, it's of course selling LKK-shares as forwards.

Kind of funny is, that some are critical that the supply is not already more distributed and others are critical about it when there is more on the free market. ;-)
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 05:12:14 PM

Hello op!
  I had already a lykke wallet. How to start here ? And what is the difference between bitcoin wallet address and colored bitcoin address?

If you want to buy into the ICO and you already have downloaded the Lykke-App you just need to go on this site: https://forward.lykke.com and to fill out the form. After that you'll receive a mail from Lykke.

About the difference between Bitcoin and Colored Coins: We all know Bitcoin, right? Colored Coins are fractions of Bitcoin, run on the Bitcoin-Blockchain by the same principle, but they can represent other kinds of values. Lykke-Shares for example or other Crypto-tokens or even tokens that are pegged to Fiat, like "1-Dollar-colored-coin".

If you want to know more about it, here are good explanations:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Colored_Coins
http://coloredcoins.org/learn/#
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 05:42:29 PM

Kind of funny is, that some are critical that the supply is not already more distributed and others are critical about it when there is more on the free market. ;-)

There's nothing funny about being diluted out of an investment.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 05:47:32 PM

Who already has downloaded a Lykke-App should have received the current news-letter today.
It gives a good explanation about the offering. I'll copy the given links below:

Fact Sheet

Press Release

Investor Deck

IOS App

Android App

https://forward.lykke.com

Lykke Zurich Talk - Video  

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 06:01:09 PM

There's nothing funny about being diluted out of an investment.

First of all: That are no new issued shares! They already exist.

But please tell me what would be the best-case-scenario in your opinion.

Why I ask is this:

Lykke is a really huge project and a company which employs about 30 people (I'm not even sure about the exact number). And we are not talking about Script-Kiddies here or Crypto-Guys like me but about people with huge expertise in a lot of different areas (the tech, finance, risk management, etc.). Additionally: Lykke has costs because the goal is to get licenses everywhere and that's not cheap.

That said: Out of your own perspective as a shareholder it would not only be paradox but under the line simply not rational, if you would want them to stop all that because no new shares should reach the market.

But, my question was serious. I would like to know what you (or others) believe would be best.

It should be considered that this is no "shitcoin" or "take-the-ICO-Money-and-run-Project" or one of those projects that would be good if they wouldn't be so damn unprofessional on the business side.
Kaznachej123

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2017, 06:42:31 PM

Lykke celebrates a Jewish tree planting holiday announcing a new eco coin. HCP on Lykke Exchange soon! http://tree-volution.com
   https://twitter.com/LykkeCity/status/830113315787530242

bitcoinrocks
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 07:32:16 PM

tempus, can you confirm that these 50m coins are not new issues and are instead coming out of the company's own longstanding LKK holdings?
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 07:34:42 PM

tempus, can you confirm that these 50m coins are not new issues and are instead coming out of the company's own longstanding LKK holdings?

Yes! The company sells shares that already exist - the total supply doesn't increase.
jeraldskie11

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 05:17:56 AM

OP said that 100 LYKKE is entitled to 1 share.
The question is: how can I benefits this 1 share?

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
    ▄█▀ ▄▄██▀▀▀██▄▄ ▀█▄
  ▄█▀ ▄███▀     ▀███▄ ▀█▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▀   ▄█▄   ▀███▄ ▀▄
▄█ ███▀   ▄█▀████▄  ▀███ █▄
█ ▄██▄   ▀█▄▄  ▀███▄▄███▄ █
█ ██████▄   ▀█▄   ▀██████ █
█ ▀███▀▀███▄  ▀▀█▄   ▀██▀ █

▀█ ███▄  ▀████▄█▀   ▄███ █▀

▀▄ ▀███▄   ▀█▀   ▄███▀ ▄▀

▀█▄ ▀███▄     ▄███▀ ▄█▀

▀█▄ ▀▀██▄▄▄██▀▀ ▄█▀

▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
SLVR█████
█████
█████
▄▄▀▀
█████
█████
▄▄▀▀
█████

█████

▄▄▀▀

█████

█████

█████
█████
█████
█████
▄▄▀▀
█████
█████
▄▄▀▀
█████

█████

▄▄▀▀

█████

█████

█████
[ WHITEPAPER ]
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
[ TECH  PAPER ]
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████████    █████████
█████    █████    ▀▀▀▀█████
█████    ▀▀▀▀         █████
██▀▀▀              ▄▄▄█████
██        ▄▄▄███    ███████
██▄▄▄▄█    █████    █▀▀▀▀██
███████    ██▀▀▀         ██
█████▀▀▀              ▄▄▄██
████         ▄▄▄██    █████
█████▄▄▄▄    █████    █████
█████████    ██████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
█████
█████
█████
▄▄▀▀
█████
█████
▄▄▀▀
█████

█████

▄▄▀▀

█████

█████

█████
!
tubehand

Activity: 62

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 06:46:24 AM

Share price of a company increases with different valuations of said company. That's where lykee will increase in value.

Lykee is going to be the future of all markets. It is going to be like dow Jones on steroids.

Northern and eastern Europe are taking over the crypto fintech industry. Regulation in countries like switzerland are very forgiving to crypto companies. The Swiss attitude on banking and fintech can be seen with the history of Swiss banking and regulation. America and china are 10 years behind in the regulation of crypto. Swiss is way way ahead. They understand where finance is going. Swiss is already the head of finance when it comes to upper echelon banking. The Swiss goverment is very progressive in terms of fintech. It's where crypto valley exist. If a project doesn't have its home office in swiss.. well it's going to have massive regulatory hurdles. So many ICO of 2016 with this issue. Silent about it.  Your top projects are all trying to get space in crypto valley to jump the regulatory hurdles.

Lykee plans to settle assets from commoditys, bonds, stocks, currency and crypto. This project is huge, and will spread like cancer. They have now luanched the lykee start up program as well. Back end devlopment is put first instead of hype. This shows true responsibility in the business attitude of lykee. No hype here. Lykee is going to be a black Swan event that fundamentally bridges crypto AND the legacy fintech industry. This needs to happen if crypto is to fully realize its dream. Richard Olsen gets it. Everyone speaks of bitcoin full potential... but it's stuck. The way to bring bitcoin to its full potential is tie new systems into the already existing bitcoin block chain and infrastructure.

There is massive investment in lykee and very important European  Fintech names interested. All the nonsense here comparing lykee to these shitty ICO prjoects is a joke. Asking for millions... and then realizing that your idea cantt even be legally tackled... ICN is having big internal issues with that, along with many others.

It's a joke. The SEC in America and it's over regulated authority that supports only the upper echelon is on a dead leg. If America does not stand up and change its ways it will not be the future of fintech markets. GDP is not the only thing you need to be the leading market place.

Lykess team is not just about experience, it's about the massive connections they have, and the products and contributions team members have already built.  People who understand the system of money, how it moves and where.  There Is much more to launching crypto products then just being able to code and having good ideas.  To many projects are filled with genius network architecture's, computer engineers, and coders.  But have No idea how to run, market and scale a business for world wild adoption.  There is a reason the guys at the cop of many Tech industries are not coders or computer engineers.

When lykess desktop trading platforms come out, it will be a game changer as well. As long as other European companies looking into offering shares in the form of colored coins. This is already heavily being discussed.

This will make dow Jones look like child's play and brokers like td ameritrade and fidelity look like that shitty yo bit exchange.

Everyone hated on bitcoin and doubted it's use, tons of hate and lack of understanding of lykee and it's use.

The same sentiment was around with the internet. If you can't wrap your mind on instant settlement of all assets from a bonds to stocks to crypto and back then you need to research the existing fintech industry and it's dynamic move foward.  All my forex buddies and swing traders can't wait for lykee desktop and the future of instant settlement of your cash... game changer

Goal of 1.billion in volume by q1 2018
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.