Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:21:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 128 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Lykke - Trade Bitcoin, Ethereum, FX and Digital Assets  (Read 144556 times)
jeraldskie11

Activity: 1246
Merit: 356

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 04:40:04 PM

Hello op!
  I had already a lykke wallet. How to start here ? And what is the difference between bitcoin wallet address and colored bitcoin address?

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 04:52:09 PM

Hello! Question to the participants how to write ICO changed after the token price Lykke today. Better tell me what the price was on the ICO and I'll see! Wink   Maybe now much cheaper to buy than the token during the ICO company?

The price of LKK in Fiat was very stable since the ICO. First it went a little bit down during the Bitcoin-rise, than it was a little bit above ICO-price. Now it's a little bit below again.

You can see it here: http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/lykke/ (at the bottom you can also click on "Dollar").

But, the "1-year Lykke forward-token" that is offered until end of February is 20% cheaper.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 05:01:15 PM

I think we need legal advisers services on this forum, to help analyses all the products coming to the market, what I understand about this offer is just away to get more money from people and even dilute the value of the Lykke tokens. Most of these tokens been offered to people are just for speculative purposes and not a stake in the company.

The opposite is true. LKK represent company shares. The "1-year Lykke forward-token" represents the same, but as a 1-year-forward-contract at 20% discount. Plus: An Investor is free to pull the trigger to activate it, or to trade it.

But: Both are company-shares.
And: There is also no dilution because no LKK-tokens are new issued.  

Most important: Everybody has the choice if he wants to invest in Lykke or not. That's a simple "basic-fact". And if somebody wants to buy shares, there is also the choice to do it on the market as it is, or to buy into the "1-year Lykke forward-token" at 20% discount. And if somebody decides to do that, he has the additional choice to trade it after the ICO or to trigger the contract.

If you add all that together: Lykke gives a lot of choice here to ensure a win-win-situation and without any disadvantages for anybody.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 05:04:51 PM

50,000,000 new coins on the market?  Seriously?

I understand that it's not easy to understand. Important to read is this:

https://forward.lykke.com/files/Fact_sheet_2017.pdf

But even if it's not about more LKK on the market now, it's of course selling LKK-shares as forwards.

Kind of funny is, that some are critical that the supply is not already more distributed and others are critical about it when there is more on the free market. ;-)
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 05:12:14 PM

Hello op!
  I had already a lykke wallet. How to start here ? And what is the difference between bitcoin wallet address and colored bitcoin address?

If you want to buy into the ICO and you already have downloaded the Lykke-App you just need to go on this site: https://forward.lykke.com and to fill out the form. After that you'll receive a mail from Lykke.

About the difference between Bitcoin and Colored Coins: We all know Bitcoin, right? Colored Coins are fractions of Bitcoin, run on the Bitcoin-Blockchain by the same principle, but they can represent other kinds of values. Lykke-Shares for example or other Crypto-tokens or even tokens that are pegged to Fiat, like "1-Dollar-colored-coin".

If you want to know more about it, here are good explanations:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Colored_Coins
http://coloredcoins.org/learn/#
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 05:42:29 PM

Kind of funny is, that some are critical that the supply is not already more distributed and others are critical about it when there is more on the free market. ;-)

There's nothing funny about being diluted out of an investment.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 05:47:32 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2017, 06:04:44 PM by tempus

Who already has downloaded a Lykke-App should have received the current news-letter today.
It gives a good explanation about the offering. I'll copy the given links below:

Fact Sheet

Press Release

Investor Deck

IOS App

Android App

https://forward.lykke.com

Lykke Zurich Talk - Video  

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 06:01:09 PM

There's nothing funny about being diluted out of an investment.

First of all: That are no new issued shares! They already exist.

But please tell me what would be the best-case-scenario in your opinion.

Why I ask is this:

Lykke is a really huge project and a company which employs about 30 people (I'm not even sure about the exact number). And we are not talking about Script-Kiddies here or Crypto-Guys like me but about people with huge expertise in a lot of different areas (the tech, finance, risk management, etc.). Additionally: Lykke has costs because the goal is to get licenses everywhere and that's not cheap.

That said: Out of your own perspective as a shareholder it would not only be paradox but under the line simply not rational, if you would want them to stop all that because no new shares should reach the market.

But, my question was serious. I would like to know what you (or others) believe would be best.

It should be considered that this is no "shitcoin" or "take-the-ICO-Money-and-run-Project" or one of those projects that would be good if they wouldn't be so damn unprofessional on the business side.
Kaznachej123

Activity: 882
Merit: 548

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 06:42:31 PM

Lykke celebrates a Jewish tree planting holiday announcing a new eco coin. HCP on Lykke Exchange soon! http://tree-volution.com
   https://twitter.com/LykkeCity/status/830113315787530242

bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 07:32:16 PM

tempus, can you confirm that these 50m coins are not new issues and are instead coming out of the company's own longstanding LKK holdings?
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 07:34:42 PM

tempus, can you confirm that these 50m coins are not new issues and are instead coming out of the company's own longstanding LKK holdings?

Yes! The company sells shares that already exist - the total supply doesn't increase.
jeraldskie11

Activity: 1246
Merit: 356

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 05:17:56 AM

OP said that 100 LYKKE is entitled to 1 share.
The question is: how can I benefits this 1 share?

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
tubehand

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 06:46:24 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2017, 01:22:14 PM by tubehand

Share price of a company increases with different valuations of said company. That's where lykee will increase in value.

Lykee is going to be the future of all markets. It is going to be like dow Jones on steroids.

Northern and eastern Europe are taking over the crypto fintech industry. Regulation in countries like switzerland are very forgiving to crypto companies. The Swiss attitude on banking and fintech can be seen with the history of Swiss banking and regulation. America and china are 10 years behind in the regulation of crypto. Swiss is way way ahead. They understand where finance is going. Swiss is already the head of finance when it comes to upper echelon banking. The Swiss goverment is very progressive in terms of fintech. It's where crypto valley exist. If a project doesn't have its home office in swiss.. well it's going to have massive regulatory hurdles. So many ICO of 2016 with this issue. Silent about it.  Your top projects are all trying to get space in crypto valley to jump the regulatory hurdles.

Lykee plans to settle assets from commoditys, bonds, stocks, currency and crypto. This project is huge, and will spread like cancer. They have now luanched the lykee start up program as well. Back end devlopment is put first instead of hype. This shows true responsibility in the business attitude of lykee. No hype here. Lykee is going to be a black Swan event that fundamentally bridges crypto AND the legacy fintech industry. This needs to happen if crypto is to fully realize its dream. Richard Olsen gets it. Everyone speaks of bitcoin full potential... but it's stuck. The way to bring bitcoin to its full potential is tie new systems into the already existing bitcoin block chain and infrastructure.

There is massive investment in lykee and very important European  Fintech names interested. All the nonsense here comparing lykee to these shitty ICO prjoects is a joke. Asking for millions... and then realizing that your idea cantt even be legally tackled... ICN is having big internal issues with that, along with many others.

It's a joke. The SEC in America and it's over regulated authority that supports only the upper echelon is on a dead leg. If America does not stand up and change its ways it will not be the future of fintech markets. GDP is not the only thing you need to be the leading market place.

Lykess team is not just about experience, it's about the massive connections they have, and the products and contributions team members have already built.  People who understand the system of money, how it moves and where.  There Is much more to launching crypto products then just being able to code and having good ideas.  To many projects are filled with genius network architecture's, computer engineers, and coders.  But have No idea how to run, market and scale a business for world wild adoption.  There is a reason the guys at the cop of many Tech industries are not coders or computer engineers.

When lykess desktop trading platforms come out, it will be a game changer as well. As long as other European companies looking into offering shares in the form of colored coins. This is already heavily being discussed.

This will make dow Jones look like child's play and brokers like td ameritrade and fidelity look like that shitty yo bit exchange.

Everyone hated on bitcoin and doubted it's use, tons of hate and lack of understanding of lykee and it's use.

The same sentiment was around with the internet. If you can't wrap your mind on instant settlement of all assets from a bonds to stocks to crypto and back then you need to research the existing fintech industry and it's dynamic move foward.  All my forex buddies and swing traders can't wait for lykee desktop and the future of instant settlement of your cash... game changer

Goal of 1.billion in volume by q1 2018
altcoinrich

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 06:50:03 AM

They will distribute the dividends to shareholders, but this token is not very legal, because shares can't be existed in token/coin form. Therefore it is still in grey area, they can refuse to pay ua the dividends.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 11:53:29 AM

They will distribute the dividends to shareholders, but this token is not very legal, because shares can't be existed in token/coin form. Therefore it is still in grey area, they can refuse to pay ua the dividends.

It is legal and Lykke is also not the only company that gives out shares on the blockchain and makes it possible to exchange shares over the blockchain and you'll see that it will be common in future to do that. The ownership is more direct and faster as if you buy shares how it's still typical yet.

Regarding dividends: Shareholders have voting rights. At the same time: The Lykke-team and the company has a majority of shares, so it would be theoretically possible to vote how they want it and it would be legal. But: It also wouldn't be smart to ignore the opinions of the community-shareholders. Lykke will pay dividends once the company is stable running and profitable and once it's not necessary to re-invest profits into Lykke itself.

There is no conflict of interest between Lykke as a company and those who run it and the community-shareholders. What's best for Lykke is best for everybody. And those who run Lykke at the "top", the people who make the decision  (like Richard Olsen and Sergey Ivliev but also others of course) how to build the platform, how to invest money etc., are very open for all kinds of feedback and they will always include public opinions, suggestions and critique in their decisions because they know it's the smartest way to bring Lykke to success.
tubehand

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 01:25:31 PM

A black swan is an event or occurrence that deviates beyond what is normally expected of a situation and is extremely difficult to predict

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 02:10:59 PM

I've already posted screenshots - now it's online:

The Lykke Times | Special Edition: 1-year Lykke forward offering
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 02:28:30 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-vk68j7Lsw&feature=youtu.be fixed audio. more videos this week as i edit everything.

Thanks! I'll edit it into the Ann!
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 09:07:20 PM

Yes! The company sells shares that already exist - the total supply doesn't increase.

tempus, I know you are a reliable investor and user here since we used to exchange some messages about Factom for example. I bought some LKK at the previous ICO but sold right after when BTC rally started last year.

Now, honestly from what I remember there would be like +1 billion coins, so that's 10 million "shares" right? Taking in account 100 coins represent 1 share. So I have a couple of questions here...keep in mind that would not be the absolute total supply, I've read somewhere they will create more shares like any other companies do when they expand.

1) Why the need for such complicated system, just make a simple pair, 1 coin, 1 share? Excuse me my ignorance if this relates to something in particular.
2) The value of 1 share for Lykke equals 5 dollars right now basically then (this didn't move much since the ICO), that would make the actual marketcap for Lykke around 50 millions dollars right now? It's a little overvalued in my opinion but not outrageous considering the potential it has, however that will put it in the top 10 crypto projects.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 10:21:28 PM

tempus, I know you are a reliable investor and user here since we used to exchange some messages about Factom for example. I bought some LKK at the previous ICO but sold right after when BTC rally started last year.

Now, honestly from what I remember there would be like +1 billion coins, so that's 10 million "shares" right? Taking in account 100 coins represent 1 share. So I have a couple of questions here...keep in mind that would not be the absolute total supply, I've read somewhere they will create more shares like any other companies do when they expand.

1) Why the need for such complicated system, just make a simple pair, 1 coin, 1 share? Excuse me my ignorance if this relates to something in particular.
2) The value of 1 share for Lykke equals 5 dollars right now basically then (this didn't move much since the ICO), that would make the actual marketcap for Lykke around 50 millions dollars right now? It's a little overvalued in my opinion but not outrageous considering the potential it has, however that will put it in the top 10 crypto projects.

Hi mtnsaa!

Yes, the Bitcoin-rise pushed also LKK a little bit down in between. I even expected Bitcoin to rise but decided not to sell because it never feels safe with all the blocksize-drama-war and China etc. I also didn't sell FCT.

But, to your questions:

Total supply is 1,285,690,000 Lykke Coin = 12,856,900 LKK shares, so it's even a little bit more. Total value is about $63 million.

Will ne Coins/Shares be issued in the future? Theoretically that is possible and back in September or October I've talked with Richard Olsen about that and he explained how it's usually done in companies. But some weeks ago (January) the same question was asked on Telegram and Sergey replied that there are no plans to issue new shares.

Just found the comment on telegram.
Quoting Sergey Ivliev: "there is no plans to increase number of shares of Lykke Corp, hence no "inflation" for Lykke coins"

1) I'm not totally sure why they've chosen the "100 LKK = 1 share - design", but I believe it's to make it also useful as currency including the possibility for micro-transactions. Lykke won't be only about being a trading-platform but will also focus on payment etc. (Debit Card is also planned). And one can think of Lykke-Coins as a useful Crypto-Currency while being backed because it represents ownership.

2) Like said above, the value is even a little bit higher. And that's often somehow controversial and I thought a lot about it myself before I've decided to invest. It's also kind of subjective and about the own strategy, but my view on Lykke is that while they are not loud like some others when it's about marketing, they really push the project forward. And compared with some other projects and teams behind, I believe the value is fair, even more when it's about future potential. If Lykke should be successful, and right now I don't see reasons to believe it won't be, there is not really a limit how it can grow into multiple spaces.

What is interesting, because you've also mentioned Factom: I believe to see some similarities but also very interesting differences. Similar is that both teams really focus on delivery. Both teams move step by step while avoiding "hype-on-promise". But in comparison to Factom, what always will be a "background-system" (but with high potential in my opinion) Lykke has much more potential to be attractive for potentially everybody and a lot of different use cases. I really believe that Lykke can go viral out of itself, maybe already in 2017.

And if we compare Lykke and Ripple for example: XRP, as a currency, is valued at $232,637,449 right now. I've never understood that valuation because even if a decentralized system, the whole project is pretty much centralized. XRP is under the line just a system-currency and unlike to LKK it doesn't represent ownership of the Ripple-Company.

Or if compared with some of the projects with similar goals, like Waves: $25 million marketcap right now. That's much cheaper of course, but Lykke is far ahead and especially the people behind are simply on another level.

And if we compare it to Factom: It's a shame that Factom is not already valued much higher! ;-) But I expect it to fly in 2017.

That's of course my personal view and no investment is ever totally safe or predictable. But in my opinion this is one of a very few pearls in the Blockchain/Crypto-Space while I'm very sure that about 99% will have no real chance. It needs so much expertise in a lot of different areas to get a project on a road to success - I think, that's underrated by a lot of teams and also a majority of Investors. 

Best regards,
tempus
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 128 »
  Print  

Jump to: