Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:49:14 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Lykke - Trade Bitcoin, Ethereum, FX and Digital Assets  (Read 144569 times)
emreunsal10

Activity: 854
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:13:12 AM

Is it still 5000 GBP as deposit limit on lykke exchange? It was like this a while ago.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:47:13 PM

Is it still 5000 GBP as deposit limit on lykke exchange? It was like this a while ago.

The limit per credit card deposit is $6000 USD per month. There are no limits via bank deposits although after certain big amounts there could be the need for further KYC verification.
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:52:25 PM

I correctly understood that this coin is an EXCHANGE? If yes. Then why should it grow in price?

Lykke is not an "exchange", it's also a wallet provider and aims to be a global marketplace including all kind of digital assets (from cryptocurrencies, bonds, stocks to music rights and in-game tokens). One community member said it better a while ago "Lykke's goal is to become the world's stock exchange".

There's also many other facets including ICO platform and B2B services for example.
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:59:59 PM

Lykke's goal is not to provide an anonymous or semi-anonymous marketplace. The company doesn't deal exclusively with cryptos and it's also focused on FX, Stocks, Bonds and many more financial tools including new digital asset classes (from music rights to even real estate when regulations allow it). Yes Lykke has also a decentralized approach to custody which is an innovation but crucial in becoming a truly global marketplace holding trillions in assets. And obviously direct ownership is deeply tied to identity. We can speculate all we want about the need for privacy and I'm sure there's a strong argument there, however at the current state of affairs in the world, with countries becoming much more aggressive in the control and surveillance of their citizens actions, any effort on that front seems like an utopia in my humble opinion.

Creating immutable and public global databases like blockchains are the perfect solution for this, that's the irony of it all. We know it will bring plenty of advantages and improvements like transparency, efficiency and speed (eventually) but with governments and states still in place same can be said for further lack of privacy, regulation and taxation.

Agree to that! There is no reason to do anonymous business when you are acting legit. Only people that aim to do shady stuff or that want to evade taxation want to stay anonymous while investing. As you wrote: ownership to certain asset classes is deeply tied to identity, thats the nature of it. Lykke aims to be a semi decentralized platform, where you will be in charge over your money but still have someone to talk to if you face problems.
On the other hand I also vouch for privacy and I am scared about the data masses that are collected by certain companies and governments. This can backfire heavily at some point and the question of anonymity in certain areas of life is definitely not to be overlooked. We will see where this is heading in the near future.

Exactly, companies and even governments are trusted with so much information that it's a system that's doomed to fail. If I were a big company I would try to stay away of being responsible and accountable for all this, the blockchain is perfect because it takes security and trust away from your company. Imagine if digital identity was handled by the blockchain, Uber, Equifax, Yahoo or others would not held accountable for being custodian of your information if they use a blockchain service/product as an alternative.

Now extrapolating that to real money, the stakes are higher. All our money will be soon in the hands of different companies one way or another, a bank, a fintech like PayPal or a credit card company. These companies will charge you everytime you make a transaction, get "hacked/robbed", could freeze your funds or be victims of a bank run situation (for people in the first world this is a strange concept but for us in the "third" it happens every 20 years on average  Roll Eyes).
Karl_Marx

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:35:10 PM

Lykke, together with Gulden, my worst investments this year.
ainsleyfran

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:40:32 PM

I correctly understood that this coin is an EXCHANGE? If yes. Then why should it grow in price?
It would grow because of increasing demand for exchanging, as there lots of new coins being implemented now.
Karl_Marx

Activity: 173

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:44:42 PM

It would grow because of increasing demand for exchanging, as there lots of new coins being implemented now.

And Lykke is the only exchange where you can easily trade and WITHDRAW real FIAT. All the others depend on shitty Tether.

The problem with Lykke is that they only have this Mobile App and its UI/UX completely suxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:07:56 PM

The problem with Lykke is that they only have this Mobile App and its UI/UX completely suxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

I agree with the first part, it should have a web-browser version as well. But user interface? It seems pretty good to me. Since I invested in Hero/Play tokens during its ICO, I installed this app as that coin would be listed in this exchange soon. I'm hoping for some good experience through this application in exchanging. As a whole, I like the idea of this exchange on blockchain.
Tonisim

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:30:56 AM

TREE-volution and sustainability projects: AMA with Alan Laubsch

In this AMA session Alan will answer your questions about TREE coin, natural capital, carbon credits, mangrove forests in Myanmar and how it all works together. Alan will also share his vision of sustainability projects and the place the blockchain can take in making our planet green again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNtuOnQOwTA
Kalahan

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:10:39 PM

In Friday I sent a photo of my ID and a power bill, which are in Greek. Do you think I will have a problem with the verification process? They haven't responded yet.
shoesworkflow

Activity: 50

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:28:15 AM

very good project and ico from project just waiting for the day hopefully ico can be a great success and i am sure this project is very bright future
dnz gns

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:34:55 AM

very good project and ico from project just waiting for the day hopefully ico can be a great success and i am sure this project is very bright future

I have a high expectation of ICO but I could not understand why they are doing ICO. they already have a successful system and make good money.
polente

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:04:13 PM

I've told that Lykke is one of the fastest exchanges/wallets out and i've decided to give it a try. So, i bought some ETH yesterday. My ETH is visible on my wallet but in the transaction details, it says "in process". It's been more than 30 hours but still no progress. Also they're not responding my mails, they're just sending auto-replies.

I'll be posting updates here to inform new comers and potential Lykke users.
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:46:59 PM

I've told that Lykke is one of the fastest exchanges/wallets out and i've decided to give it a try. So, i bought some ETH yesterday. My ETH is visible on my wallet but in the transaction details, it says "in process". It's been more than 30 hours but still no progress. Also they're not responding my mails, they're just sending auto-replies.

Please DM your ticket number and I'll check the status, there has been some issues lately after the spikes on both BTC and ETH networks that apparently are not yet completely solved.
_ChucK_

Activity: 130

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:36:30 PM

Investing in Lykke is the biggest mistake that can be made.
It seems they are not interested in making the project global, for mass market. It is easier for them to collect money every year through ICO and to live beautifully, creating an image of business people.
Last year, I was inspired by the Lykke's ideas, but now I'm just disappointed...
harimauagam

Activity: 410

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:44:29 PM

this trade is necessary to negotiate for sure it is not easy and takes a long time ,, but I am not discouraged and continue to trade until I succeed,, like the one in bitcointalk that continues to trade coin.
polente

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:11:07 AM

Please DM your ticket number and I'll check the status, there has been some issues lately after the spikes on both BTC and ETH networks that apparently are not yet completely solved.

DM'd, thank you.
polente

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:09:08 PM

TLDR; Still waiting to have ETHs that i bought.

I'll continue to update here for every 24 hours, so people can follow up progress.

It's been more than 54 hours since i've bought some ETH by selling (giving) USD. USD transaction settled up immediately to the Lykke system but ETH transaction to my exchange wallet seems "in process" since then. (Yes, 54 hours)

Thanks to mtnsaa, helped me to speed up support by contacting support team and they have sent an email that says basically "Dev team will resolve your issue". Actually i was trying to have an idea about how fast Lykke resolves transactions, now i have more than just an idea. Smiley
bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:40:58 PM

I'll continue to update here for every 24 hours, so people can follow up progress.

It's been more than 54 hours since i've bought some ETH by selling (giving) USD. USD transaction settled up immediately to the Lykke system but ETH transaction to my exchange wallet seems "in process" since then. (Yes, 54 hours)

Thanks to mtnsaa, helped me to speed up support by contacting support team and they have sent an email that says basically "Dev team will resolve your issue". Actually i was trying to have an idea about how fast Lykke resolves transactions, now i have more than just an idea. Smiley

Hmm sounds bad man, but dont worry, Lykke is a professional company, they will solve your issue, Im certain of that. But of course its a pretty long (too long) wait for an ETH transaction, kind of discouraging. Hope this will be resolved soon!
bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:42:09 PM

Hmm sounds bad man, but dont worry, Lykke is a professional company, they will solve your issue, Im certain of that. But of course its a pretty long (too long) wait for an ETH transaction, kind of discouraging. Hope this will be resolved soon!
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 »
  Print  

Jump to: