Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:45:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Lykke - Trade Bitcoin, Ethereum, FX and Digital Assets  (Read 144561 times)
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:30:31 AM

why you guys got bitcoin way over spot price your trying to sell it for 11574 and its not even live the price is not even moving over last 30m. THe price is sitting around 10760 on bittrex and around 10700 on poloniex. Your one of the highest price of all of all the exchanges. your not supposed to be marking it up over spot price to make a profit. I would understand if it was a little over like 10900 to 11k but over 11.5k thats nuts. Its not even close to most of the markets. I can't even buy any bitcoin right now until your price comes way way down.

You can also sell for real USD at very high prices too, and it's not USDT, users are welcome to take advantage and do arbitrage and provide liquidity via API trading.

You may also check this article that explains the situation at different exchanges: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2017/12/12/why-bitcoin-prices-are-different-on-each-exchange.html
shangerlaa

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:18:05 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2018, 08:06:59 AM by shangerlaa

you guys are putting out false advertisement saying no fees. 10% mark up on cryptos over the spot price is fees. More fees then any other exchange. Your probably more expensive then any other exchange. It is very easy to fix stop being greedy and mark down your spot price. If your not going to do that I have to put the money back on my credit card which i don't want to do. But I will because I am not going to get ripped off. You guys should figure out a solution with these prices they are way way to high. I don't mind paying a few percent over but not these prices. I will be losing around 80 dollars to do this and I can't even buy your lykke coins cause I am in america. You guys don't even put a warning sign that americans cant invest in your company before we do credit voucher. The reason people are investing into your exchange and wanting to use it is cause it supposed to be cheap. I thought its centralized we should have no problem buying lykke coin but nope can't so ok all get bitcoin and buy some ripple on poloniex. Nope can't do that cause your way over spot price on the exchanges. I am trying to figure out a way to use your exchange I can't its frustrating. I can't do anything except take my money back. That sucks. I am sure richard can fix this and he seems like a good guy that wants to make customers happy. If you guys don't fix this it looks bad on your business.

So i figured out a way to get money off lykke you got to put it on live coin where bitcoin price is the same as lykke. It is higher because your trading with usd for it. On poloniex and other exchanges its bitcoin price but not traded directly with usd. When its traded with usd I am noticing the price is much higher for it. So that might be why bitcoin is expensive along with ethereum. but if you move it to live coin you can trade it at higher price cause its compared to usd. So I am doing that now.
Kalahan

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:23:50 AM

Does the support radio silence or is it just me?
Delphinus

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:13:25 PM

you guys are putting out false advertisement saying no fees. 10% mark up on cryptos over the spot price is fees. More fees then any other exchange. Your probably more expensive then any other exchange. It is very easy to fix stop being greedy and mark down your spot price. If your not going to do that I have to put the money back on my credit card which i don't want to do. But I will because I am not going to get ripped off. You guys should figure out a solution with these prices they are way way to high. I don't mind paying a few percent over but not these prices. I will be losing around 80 dollars to do this and I can't even buy your lykke coins cause I am in america. You guys don't even put a warning sign that americans cant invest in your company before we do credit voucher. The reason people are investing into your exchange and wanting to use it is cause it supposed to be cheap. I thought its centralized we should have no problem buying lykke coin but nope can't so ok all get bitcoin and buy some ripple on poloniex. Nope can't do that cause your way over spot price on the exchanges. I am trying to figure out a way to use your exchange I can't its frustrating. I can't do anything except take my money back. That sucks. I am sure richard can fix this and he seems like a good guy that wants to make customers happy. If you guys don't fix this it looks bad on your business.

So i figured out a way to get money off lykke you got to put it on live coin where bitcoin price is the same as lykke. It is higher because your trading with usd for it. On poloniex and other exchanges its bitcoin price but not traded directly with usd. When its traded with usd I am noticing the price is much higher for it. So that might be why bitcoin is expensive along with ethereum. but if you move it to live coin you can trade it at higher price cause its compared to usd. So I am doing that now.

I don't think you've properly read up on Lykke. They don't have any mark up. The exchange currently has not enough liquidity, therefore their supply/demand does not accurately reflect the market price. The additional money goes to the person who sold to you, not the company.

It's frustrating indeed, but the only way to fix it is by getting more people to their platform and arbitraging the price difference with other exchanges. I might actually start doing it, since it should be good money and help Lykke at the same time  Wink

Delphinus

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:13:50 PM

Does the support radio silence or is it just me?

Have you tried the support thread on Reddit already? That seems to work quite well.

Kalahan

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:43:20 PM

Have you tried the support thread on Reddit already? That seems to work quite well.
Yes, but is this how it will go from now on? I won't get a reply in my emails and I will have to give my ticket number on reddit every time?
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:08:10 PM

Lykke to list AppCoins (APPC) on the Lykke Exchange
Lykke, a FinTech company building a regulated, blockchain-based global marketplace, and Aptoide, whose AppCoins project is creating an open distributed protocol for app stores using blockchain technology and smart contracts, have announced plans to make the APPC token available for trade on the Lykke Exchange in the Netherlands. Following the listing, investors will be able to buy and sell APPC on the Lykke Exchange of Lykke Netherlands B.V., alongside a wide variety of currencies, both crypto and fiat.

"AppCoins and Lykke are a natural fit," said Richard Olsen, director of Lykke Netherlands B.V. "It's good to be partnering with a strong innovator and to bring another new trading opportunity to our exchange." The co-founder and COO of Aptoide, Alvaro Pinto, added: “AppCoins is glad to be part of Lykke’s listing of selected tokens.”

APPC trading on the Lykke NL Exchange is expected to begin on January 31, 2018.

About Aptoide
Aptoide is the largest independent Android app store. The company’s AppCoins project is an open distributed protocol for app stores based on the Ethereum blockchain and smart contracts. It redesigns app advertising, in-app purchases, and app approval flows through a circular model.

https://www.lykke.com/company/news/Aptoide
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:27:34 PM

Lykke mentioned at Financial Times article "Switzerland embraces cryptocurrency culture"
A subscription may be needed to read the full article so below is the mention in question.

“Digital purists argue no action is needed by politicians or regulators. The government “should be incredibly welcoming. It is a huge opportunity for Switzerland,” says Richard Olsen, founder and chief executive of Lykke, a Swiss company building a Blockchain based financial exchange.

Mr. Olsen argues technology will allow ICOs to become self-policing — just as users of the Airbnb property rental site steer clear of anyone with poor reviews. “It will become an ultra transparent world if people have to pay more to hide . . . It is a huge opportunity to clean up the world.”

https://www.ft.com/content/c2098ef6-ff84-11e7-9650-9c0ad2d7c5b5

filsid

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

TOKPIE

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:51:13 PM

Lykke community update: Slack, Telegram, Twitter

For some time, we in the Lykke communications team have been considering how to improve community communication channels and public information spaces. Shaping the communication culture inside the community is always a challenge for a company that follows the crowdsourcing ideal. On the one hand, we want to give everyone the opportunity to express their minds, share their experiences, and add missing parts to the information puzzle. On the other hand, crypto is changing so fast and embracing so much new energy that no project can incorporate all the new ideas. Sometimes, the information torrent has to be actively moderated and shaped. Sticking to the initial values and principles of the company is a big challenge in itself, but it’s a challenge that helps us to grow.

A Zen proverb says, “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” We want to start our journey by updating our Slack and Telegram channels. We have been analyzing the activity on these channels, and we have discovered a sad thing: Slack is dying.

On February, 1 we want to delete the Lykke public Slack channel. That will give us the resources to focus on the channel that’s living and growing: Telegram. We plan to create a number of new Lykke channels on Telegram to help you navigate in the modern sea of information and help us to be more responsive and connected with the community. The details will follow in the coming announcement.

Another change will take place on Twitter: from now on the official Lykke twitter is @lykke. To avoid confusion, the @LykkeCity account will be deleted. It was a nice name, referring to the tradition of building countries and cities in the wild and unexplored crypto cyberspace. However, we want to keep the name short, which will be easier for everyone.

https://www.lykke.com/city/blog/community-update-250118

mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:23:04 PM

Lykke offers users tax reports generation
Financial regulations for crypto assets have remained a hot topic from the times when bitcoin was invented. And the importance of this topic grows along with the crypto market cap. The question is especially tricky when it comes to individual taxes. Every trader has asked at least once: “How do I pay taxes for the money I’ve made in crypto?”

Lykke wants to help you find a simple legal solution. We offer a new service: tax report generation. The tax reports are based on the application of the current legal framework available for the taxation of digital currencies in your particular jurisdiction. The methodology used for processing the reports is approved by a Big 4 accounting firm. Reports will be prepared by our partner CryptoTax (cryptotax.io). If you want to receive a tax report for the year 2017, please apply at https://taxreports.lykke.com. We’ll send a push notification to your Lykke Wallet with payment details. Upon receipt of your payment, we’ll prepare your tax report based on your jurisdiction and send it to you electronically.

Please note the following deadlines for application based on your country of residence:

· Switzerland - February 5, 2018
· Germany - February 28, 2018
· United Kingdom - June 30, 2018

If you live in a different country, we’ll send you a general tax report, which includes a record of all your transactions for the most accurate calculation of your income. All reports also come with a record of your asset balances on the date of December 31, 2017, for free.

https://www.lykke.com/company/news/taxreports-2017
tangtang800

Activity: 317
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:35:51 PM

Lykke participated in the International Symposium on public service innovation of South South cooperation and three party cooperation held in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The company signed a cooperation agreement with the Bangladesh prime minister office's information acquisition project department. It's a good news.
sardasa

Activity: 1064
Merit: 502

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:04:09 PM

Edit: Do you got any plans of allowing users (who were holding BTC at the time of respective forks in their trading wallet) to withdraw Bitcoin Gold as you're allowing for Bitcoin Cash?

Yes, here's a blog post with more details, no ETA yet though.

https://www.lykke.com/company/news/Lykke-Policy-for-Bitcoin-Gold
I have also read this post.
Do you got any more details about this since this post was published on October 23rd and today it's January 20th, 2018.

The team is already notified that users are requesting some new information about the distribution but I haven't heard of any ETA or new details yet. Distribution will be most likely similar to Bitcoin Cash fork.
Any further update on this? Is the team even working on this?

MihailJ

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:51:48 AM

Lykke to list the Bancor Network Token (BNT) on the Lykke Exchange

Lykke, a FinTech company building a regulated, blockchain-based global marketplace, and Bancor, a network that enables the creation of Smart Tokens, which can hold one or more digital currencies in reserve, are bringing the Bancor Network’s native BNT token to the Lykke Exchange in the Netherlands.

This listing will make BNT available for trade on the Lykke Exchange of Lykke Netherlands B.V., among a variety of other digital assets. The trading venue of Lykke NL is accessible through the existing Lykke Wallet iOS and Android apps and permits access to investors from an extensive list of jurisdictions.

"Bancor and Lykke strongly complement each other," said Richard Olsen, director of Lykke Netherlands B.V. "It is intrinsic to partner with a company like Bancor whose aim is to pave the future of financial markets."

The co-founder of Bancor, Eyal Hertzog, stated: “As early users and big fans of Lykke, we are proud to collaborate with the extraordinary team behind this project, which shares many of the core values that the Bancor team stands behind."

BNT trading on the Lykke NL Exchange is expected to begin on February 2, 2018.

https://www.lykke.com/company/news/bancor
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:26:09 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 04:32:30 PM by mtnsaa

Deposit and withdrawal fees and limits
We have revised our policies regarding fees and limits. Note that new policies will go into effect starting from February 7, 2018.

Price fluctuations across all crypto markets during December and the unprecedented interest in this space have brought with them their share of challenges. On-chain transaction fees and long confirmation times among them. Lykke has always been committed to the best possible experience for our users and zero transaction fees on our platform.

We will continue to offer zero fee transactions for trading, but we will put safeguards in place to reduce the impact of blockchain commissions and expenses.

For more information please visit https://www.lykke.com/cp/wallet-fees-and-limits
ANDREW 555

Activity: 182
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:49:01 PM

New Fees & Limits Policy (February 07)
https://coindar.org/en/event/lykke-lkk-new-fees-limits-policy-2627
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:04:25 PM

Dear community, big changes are coming, Lykke is entering a consolidation phase. We are processing all our learnings and start investing in scaling and strengthening our unique positioning and potential. A transition period towards Lykke 2.0 has started.

https://www.lykke.com/company/news/lykke-20-transition
Delphinus

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:19:48 AM

I noticed several items referring to "proof-of-impact" on the site; is there anywhere I can read up on it?  Smiley

mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:56:12 PM

I noticed several items referring to "proof-of-impact" on the site; is there anywhere I can read up on it?  Smiley

Hi, there's no much information available for Proof of Impact but I'll add an interesting overview and description from a Streams contest.

Proof of Impact is a decentralized platform for structuring and trading impact. It is to the world of impact (donors, charities, impact investment) what the internet is to the world of information or bitcoin is to money.

Proof of impact is a platform. That means it will be open to a high number of applications, all of them having an impact in common. This includes social capital and natural capital and can be defined as any event that has a positive impact, anywhere in the world. This includes public health events (such as vaccination campaigns) sustainable practices (in agriculture, fisheries), environment/conservation, inclusive finance, education, etc.

The architecture of Proof of Impact is a super-network. A network of networks. It connects isolated communities anywhere in the world (think a small village in Bangladesh or a local club in Zurich) to each other through a globally distributed network.
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:07:33 PM

Lykke to list BitShares BTS on the Lykke Exchange
Lykke, a Swiss Fintech company building a regulated, blockchain-based global marketplace, and BitShares, a pioneer in decentralized financial exchange technology, have announced plans to implement the BitShares blockchain on the Lykke platform and make the BitShares core asset, the BTS token, available for trade on the Lykke Exchange.

Following the implementation, investors will be able to buy and sell BTS on the Lykke Exchange, alongside other currencies, crypto and fiat. This listing means a significant expansion for BTS. Lykke Exchange considers to offer a number of pairs, such as BTS-BTC, BTS-EUR and BTS-USD.

“We are delighted to be partnering with BitShares Blockchain Foundation”, said Richard Olsen, Lykke founder and CEO. “Innovative ideas for a fast, decentralized, scalable exchange that actively promotes price-stable conditions will undoubtedly shape the future of our industry.”

Fabian Schuh, CTO, and Annemieke Dirkes, CEO at BlockchainProjects BV and the official spokesperson for the BitShares Blockchain Foundation, are looking forward to bring the collaboration with Lykke to a success. “A great opportunity for BTS holders! The collaboration with the entire Lykke team is off to a great start, and we all look forward to the listing,” said Dirkes.

https://www.lykke.com/company/news/bitshares

mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:53:59 PM

Lykke to list SONM (SNM) on the Lykke Exchange
Lykke, a Swiss FinTech company building a regulated, blockchain-based global marketplace, and SONM, a decentralized worldwide fog supercomputer designed for general-purpose computing, from website hosting to scientific calculations, are adding the SNM token to the list of tradable assets on the Lykke Exchange.

“SONM aims to create a global decentralized marketplace of computing power, which is free from ownership, fault tolerance and provides both individuals and businesses an opportunity to use gargantuan amounts of decentralized computing resources for the first time in history,” said Richard Olsen, Lykke founder and CEO. “We are delighted to welcome SNM to our exchange.”

CFO of SONM Aleksei Antonov stated: “Lykke is one of the oldest and technologically advanced cryptocurrency exchanges on the market, and what’s equally important, — our old friends. They provide outside-the-box solutions by combining technologies, an approach which I find very innovative. We are glad SNM will be listed on the Lykke Exchange.”

SNM trading on the Lykke Exchange is expected to begin on February 6, 2018.

https://www.lykke.com/company/news/sonm

Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 »
  Print  

Jump to: