Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:53:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PicoStocks] 100TH/s bitcoin mine [100th]  (Read 469875 times)
Gabit

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 05:08:34 AM

Tom is in no way associated with this project. Dave is in no way involved in Tom's difficulties with his BTC refunds. Dave did an excellent job working for Tom, sorting out orders and taking care of CC refunds.

Dave became the public face of bAsic, so he is PART OF IT, officially. If he doesn't want to clear he name, and go to cops explaining this, fine by me, I consider him guilty. This 100th project looks at least equally scammy, with falsified user IDs, proxified website credentials, "secret hidden 2500 sq ft warehouses", all the usual scam bullshit. No actual company anywhere to be seen, no faces. no names, no nothing.

All I know, Dave and Tom could be same people, with stolen ID. This shit ain't over.

The IPO has been completed and closed, so no new people can be "scammed" as you seem to think is happening.

I'd rather keep noise in this thread to a minimum.

They are selling the those worthless stock. It is not, by any mean, over.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
punin

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2013, 08:05:22 AM

The fact that you're upset at Tom for not returning your BTC in a timely manner is not an excuse to troll other threads. I amongst many others had orders with Tom that were refunded by Dave in a very professional manner.

100TH Mine is a company listed on Picostocks, that has provided publicly accessible business plan and management info.

The IPO has closed and this thread should function as a channel for communication between the company and its current shareholders. Spreading FUD is damaging the value of investments, and in no way helps you to get your money back from Tom. Please take your issues with Tom to relevant threads so I don't need to ask the mods to enforce this.

Head of Product Development
Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
RHA

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 02:34:18 PM

Quote from: 100TH-mine Business Plan
Chip design will be finalized on 2013-02-15. The wafer fabrication will start 2013-03-01.
How is it going?
tytus (OP)

Activity: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 03:17:59 PM

We have a delay in the design phase. We expect to finish the design in 1 week. Our design will comply with all rules provided by IMEC and the foundry. This will reduce the design check time at the foundry to few days. We expect wafer fabrication to start 2 weeks from now. In the meantime we are streamlining the logistics of the packaging and assembly. We believe we can keep the deployment date as is. We will report upon the submission of the final complete design (gds files) to IMEC.
RHA

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 10:58:29 PM

Thank you. I think regular updates here every two weeks or so, would be welcome.
tytus (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 11:05:48 PM

Next update on the 14th the latest (here too).
kaerf

Activity: 631

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 12:43:24 AM

going to fabrication soon?
tytus (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 01:08:41 AM

We submit the final design on Monday. Preliminary foundry tests have been passed successfully.
kaerf

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 11:04:07 PM

Not much trading volume on the site. Anyone wanting to dump a block of shares? Looks like not too many big holders of this.

BTW is http://picostocks.com/stocks/users/19/page:2 broken for other people? It seems to stay on page 1 for me.
tytus (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 11:29:23 PM

Not much trading volume on the site. Anyone wanting to dump a block of shares? Looks like not too many big holders of this.
Small holders usually add liquidity.
BTW is http://picostocks.com/stocks/users/19/page:2 broken for other people? It seems to stay on page 1 for me.
At least this I hope to have fixed now.
RHA

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 11:46:10 PM

Fixed.
I like the simplicity of the pages. Good, effective, old school.
(However, sometimes a description would be helpful - not everyone is a stock guru.)
papamoi

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 12:25:35 AM

hi is there anyway to have a machine for solo mining?
tytus (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 06:12:47 PM

@RHA ... I have added list of ASK and BID orders to the users home page. Most people had problems to find the link to the pages with these and did not know how to cancel orders. The page needs much more work :-) I will fix the plots and try to make the page more flexible so that You can view this also on smaller monitors :-) ... the page is far from usability standards :-(
@RHA ... regarding 'description' , I would not know where to start. The best way to learn dealing with such systems is to open a free Forex demo account. I do not recommend trading with real money there :-)

@papamoi ... we plan to offer hardware for solo mining but most likely for the Polish market. The hardware will be expensive but in Poland You can get public funding for this and save 50%-80% of costs [You can push it to 100% if You are lucky :-)] the hardware may be available in Q3 2013.
kaerf

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 06:28:06 PM

@RHA ... I have added list of ASK and BID orders to the users home page. Most people had problems to find the link to the pages with these and did not know how to cancel orders. The page needs much more work :-) I will fix the plots and try to make the page more flexible so that You can view this also on smaller monitors :-) ... the page is far from usability standards :-(
@RHA ... regarding 'description' , I would not know where to start. The best way to learn dealing with such systems is to open a free Forex demo account. I do not recommend trading with real money there :-)

@papamoi ... we plan to offer hardware for solo mining but most likely for the Polish market. The hardware will be expensive but in Poland You can get public funding for this and save 50%-80% of costs [You can push it to 100% if You are lucky :-)] the hardware may be available in Q3 2013.

I think if you change the colors of the links on the right side of the account page, it will make it more apparent that you can actually click on those (e.g. links to Balance, Invested, Bids, Profit, Last Transaction).
The "action" at the upper right is also easily missed. Maybe move that closer to the middle of the screen and/or change the color.

Interesting to see you have potential plans to offer hardware for sale. Would that be hardware you phase out as you upgrade to newer technology or do you plan on becoming a full on retailer (eventually).
tytus (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 06:40:05 PM

Thanks for the usability tips. We will have to review everything and make changes.

Regarding retail sales. Who would want to have hardware in house ? There are only few reasons I see:
- You want to use this for heating
- You need to comply with some strange funding requirements [Poland]
- You want to prevent 51% attacks

Offering retail sales is a pain, but I think there will be some partners who will eventually offer this [same as in the 28nm project]. But before thinking about this we need to monitor the 'competition'. It will be more important for us to decide how to handle the 28nm STmicroelectonics chip than to think about alternative forms of sales.
papamoi

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 09:41:27 AM

hi tytus

can you give me some more details on this by pm,could set up a polish company if needed

thanks
tytus (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 11:12:40 AM

Check this funding program first: http://www.parp.gov.pl/index/index/597 ... there are others but I think this one could have least requirements. I know people who fund BTC equipment from it. In other countries programs like this exists too (US: SBIR grants?).
kaerf

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 11:03:46 PM

Offering retail sales is a pain, but I think there will be some partners who will eventually offer this [same as in the 28nm project]. But before thinking about this we need to monitor the 'competition'. It will be more important for us to decide how to handle the 28nm STmicroelectonics chip than to think about alternative forms of sales.

I may have missed it in the business plan, but what is your long term plan for this project? After the initial 100TH deployment, are you planning on creating another batch using the same technology? starting a new project on new tech? Would you consider sourcing chips from the 28nm project?

BTW, did you submit the final design to the foundry today?

thanks!
tytus (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 11:58:18 PM

I may have missed it in the business plan, but what is your long term plan for this project? After the initial 100TH deployment, are you planning on creating another batch using the same technology?
We will see. This depends on the 28nm chip [price and foreseen number of chips on market].
starting a new project on new tech?
Yes, probably already in May we will try 28nm MPW (either also ST or another foundry).
Would you consider sourcing chips from the 28nm project?
Sure, but we have to find out the pricing. The authors has a quite strange approach to the 28nm chip production. We would go for full mask if we were them.
No, mainly because the parameters of the 28nm chip were released few day ago. We are trying to find places were we can still optimize the chip. My guess is we need 2 more days.
Based on our estimations the 28nm chip should be 4 times more power efficient and 10 times cheaper, so competition is futile :-) but we still want to get as high as possible with the 55nm design to have a good start for 28nm.
My guess is that the 28nm authors are either from ST directly or from CMP (close partner). It will be very difficult to compete with such an experienced team :-(
kaerf

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 01:17:42 AM

I may have missed it in the business plan, but what is your long term plan for this project? After the initial 100TH deployment, are you planning on creating another batch using the same technology?
We will see. This depends on the 28nm chip [price and foreseen number of chips on market].
starting a new project on new tech?
Yes, probably already in May we will try 28nm MPW (either also ST or another foundry).
Would you consider sourcing chips from the 28nm project?
Sure, but we have to find out the pricing. The authors has a quite strange approach to the 28nm chip production. We would go for full mask if we were them.
No, mainly because the parameters of the 28nm chip were released few day ago. We are trying to find places were we can still optimize the chip. My guess is we need 2 more days.
Based on our estimations the 28nm chip should be 4 times more power efficient and 10 times cheaper, so competition is futile :-) but we still want to get as high as possible with the 55nm design to have a good start for 28nm.
My guess is that the 28nm authors are either from ST directly or from CMP (close partner). It will be very difficult to compete with such an experienced team :-(

I would not delay too much over speculation that the 28nm project is real (and will deliver on time). For example, if you had plans of building ASICS in the summer, but scraped those plans due to BFL announcing delivery in Oct/Nov, then you'd have shot yourself in the foot (announcing early had the benefit of dissuading potential competitors from entering the market).

You only have control over what you can deliver and if you think you can deliver by Jun/Jul, then you should still have plenty of time to recoup costs (and profit handsomely) even if 28nm hits the market at the same time. The current hash rate and BTC price are much better than your original business plan had anticipated, so time-to-market is even more important now than it was before.

tl;dr - Don't worry about beating the 28nm project. If you meet your timelines, you are/will be competitive with them in the short term...the most important (profitable) timeframe.

This is somewhat analogous to ASICMiner vs BFL. ASICMiner started later with weaker technology, but are now making a killing because they met their timelines.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: