Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:32:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PicoStocks] 100TH/s bitcoin mine [100th]  (Read 469875 times)
furuknap

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

http://coin.furuknap.net/

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 11:46:01 PM

sorry, did not mean to out him.

anyway, looks like the wall is slowly fading away.

Hang on... Do you 1) know that this was tytus and you didn't mean to reveal that or do you 2) not know that this is Tytus and you didn't mean to imply this was him?

.b

The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gomeler

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 01:50:12 AM

Is there another place to purchase 100TH stocks besides picostocks?
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 01:56:41 AM

The 5th largest shareholder sold a little more than 10% of his/her shares.
With that move this shareholder nearly recovered 50% of the initial investment while reserving 85% of it for future price increases. Seems to be a very sane move.

But what I wonder is: what makes your think it was tytus?

+1

I'm thinking you are interpreting this correctly.  I'm amazed at how fast that wall dissipated.  Prepare for prices to run over the next 48 hrs ;-)
gyverlb

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 03:03:54 AM

The 5th largest shareholder sold a little more than 10% of his/her shares.
With that move this shareholder nearly recovered 50% of the initial investment while reserving 85% of it for future price increases. Seems to be a very sane move.

But what I wonder is: what makes your think it was tytus?

+1

I'm thinking you are interpreting this correctly.  I'm amazed at how fast that wall dissipated.  Prepare for prices to run over the next 48 hrs ;-)

They should increase but if I were one of the largest shareholders, I'll do what the 5th largest did (until chips are hashing online there's still a substantial risk that the mine fails to deliver, it makes sense to mitigate this risk by selling a fraction of the shares).
When the opportunity comes for these largest shareholders to do so, we should see some large walls on the way up (which is good for people starting to invest in the near future: this will prevent the prices to go to insane heights too quickly and the stocks should still be profitable).

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
lysr

Activity: 161
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 07:18:19 AM

This has the potential of becoming ASICMINER 2.0,
I sold some of my ASICMINERS shares and bought some 100TH.
Hope that the mine would be deployed within the planned time frame, if so, it surely would outshine ASICMINER.
superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 08:54:11 AM

Hope that the mine would be deployed within the planned time frame, if so, it surely would outshine ASICMINER.

you do know what you are saying.
this is not AM 2.0. there is no reinvesting that will be done and during this time AM will have 200TH. not sure how much research you did
not that this is bad but i don't think you are comparing correctly

ok
abuelau

Activity: 750

www.coinschedule.com

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:01:23 AM

This is definitely not AM 2.0. Every share gives you 200 mh/s that's it. There are lots of other ways to get 200 mh/s this is just one of them.

AsicMiner is different, as they keep re-investing and putting more and more mh/s in the system so if you have one AM share giving you say, 100 mh/s today, that same share could give you 150mh/s tomorrow, when they put more miners in the system.

Know what's happening in cryptoworld: www.coinschedule.com
lysr

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:15:17 AM

you do know what you are saying.
this is not AM 2.0. there is no reinvesting that will be done and during this time AM will have 200TH. not sure how much research you did
not that this is bad but i don't think you are comparing correctly
How long do you think ASICMINER could catch up with 100TH?
Last time I check , they only have 17TH and declining.
Plus ASICMINER has switched its focus to hardware production, after the market is saturated with asic hardware, those income would become irrelevant.
lysr

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:21:16 AM

This is definitely not AM 2.0. Every share gives you 200 mh/s that's it. There are lots of other ways to get 200 mh/s this is just one of them.

AsicMiner is different, as they keep re-investing and putting more and more mh/s in the system so if you have one AM share giving you say, 100 mh/s today, that same share could give you 150mh/s tomorrow, when they put more miners in the system.
Ya, i bet it is more efficient to buy 300Mhz usb at the price of 2btc or 10Gh blades @50btc from ASICMINER, ouch you also need to buy them in bulk or join a group-buy.
The only cost efficient competitor now is BFL, but they fail to deliver again and again, I don't have faith in them anymore, if you make your order just by now, you probably won't see your product before the end of this year.
abuelau

www.coinschedule.com

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:26:16 AM

Ya, i bet it is more efficient to buy 300Mhz usb at the price of 2btc from ASICMINER.
The only cost efficient competitor now is BFL, but they fail to deliver again and again, I don't have faith in them anymore.

You could buy an Avalon system from one of the auctions going on every day here in Bitcointalk, you would pay about 1BTC per 1 Gh/s (or less). You could also go to Bitfunder and you will find half a dozen stocks there similar to 100TH. You could even buy yourself a GPU, mine Litecoin and exchange for BTC. You could also join some of these group buying sharing Avalon systems...

As I said, there are many options. But I agree that this 300Mh/s USB stick is not the best one, I would never have bought it.

abuelau

www.coinschedule.com

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:29:30 AM

Plus ASICMINER has switched its focus to hardware production, after the market is saturated with asic hardware, those income would become irrelevant.

You are missing the point here. YOU are not buying 100 TH/s. You are buying 200MH/s per stock!

Who cares how many GH/s are there in total from 100TH? You don't own them all.

lysr

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:34:38 AM

You are missing the point here. YOU are not buying 100 TH/s. You are buying 200MH/s per stock!

Who cares how many GH/s are there in total from 100TH? You don't own them all.
As a comparison, you only get 17TH / 400000 from an ASICMINER share, and the number is dropping, and a share of it is traded at 2.5btc per share right now. Why shouldn't I sell some of them while the price is high and buy some underpriced shares instead?
abuelau

www.coinschedule.com

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:40:21 AM

As a comparison, you only get 17TH / 400000 from an ASICMINER share, and the number is dropping, and a share of it is traded at 2.5btc per share right now. Why shouldn't I sell some of them while the price is high and buy some underpriced shares instead?

The thing is though that AsicMiner has 17TH today (not in 1 or 2 months time). When 100TH comes live, who know what the difficulty will be? Avalon has tons of TH/s in the backlog, BFL same thing. Lots of other companies also bought Avalon chips.

I don't know about ASICMiner reducing their capacity, but given how well managed the company has been so far, I would not be surprised if that stock reaches 8 BTC by the end of the year (remember, they are continuously investing more). So you could be selling it for 2.5 BTC today and missing out later. It's all a big gamble, no one really knows what is going to happen.

lysr

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:47:16 AM

The thing is though that AsicMiner has 17TH today (not in 1 or 2 months time). When 100TH comes live, who know what the difficulty will be? Avalon has tons of TH/s in the backlog, BFL same thing. Lots of other companies also bought Avalon chips.

I don't know about ASICMiner reducing their capacity, but given how well managed the company has been so far, I would not be surprised if that stock reaches 8 BTC by the end of the year (remember, they are continuously investing more). So you could be selling it for 2.5 BTC today and missing out later. It's all a big gamble, no one really knows what is going to happen.
there are still 11million of bitcoins to mine, assuming that ASICMINER is capable of getting 10% of the total hash rate, you only get
11m / 10 / 400k = 2.75 btc per share which will be paid in a time frame of 10-20 years.
if they are capable of getting 20%
you will get 5.5 btc per share
If you factor in all the blades sales and usb sales, there will be a bit more, but this source of income won't last long, they have a very uncompetitive price.
I don't know how you come up with the price of 8btc
abuelau

www.coinschedule.com

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:53:09 AM

there are still 11million of bitcoins to mine, assuming that ASICMINER is capable of getting 10% of the total hash rate, you only get
1.1m / 10 / 400k = 2.75 btc per share which will be paid in a time frame of 10-20 years.
If you factor in all the blades sales and usb sales, there will be a bit more, but this source of income won't last long, they have a very uncompetitive price.

There's just a small detail: these 11 million bitcoins are to be mined in the next 20 years or so (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin#Bitcoin_mining). Do you really believe that 100TH will be anything by the end of 2014? With all these ASICs coming into the market, by that time, 100TH will probably be as much as 100MH/s is today! It's all about the difficulty, don't get too hung up by the TH/s numbers.

lysr

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:58:17 AM

1.1m / 10 / 400k = 2.75 btc per share which will be paid in a time frame of 10-20 years.

There's just a small detail: these 11 million bitcoins are to be mined in the next 20 years or so (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin#Bitcoin_mining). Do you really believe that 100TH will be anything by the end of 2014? With all these ASICs coming into the market, by that time, 100TH will probably be as much as 100MH/s is today! It's all about the difficulty, don't get too hung up by the TH/s numbers.

By that time, 17Th would definitely be equal to 17MH then.
I know the maths, it is 200Mh per share which should be a lot cheaper than a lot of other alternatives, I expect I will get double or triple of my investment by the end of 2014, plus I don't need to go over the hassle of making group buys or auctions.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:58:57 AM

I know the maths, it is 200Mh per share which should be a lot cheaper than a lot of other alternatives, I expect I will get double or triple of my investment by the end of 2014, plus I don't need to go over the hassle of making group buys or auctions.
ASICMINER's has at least 200TH/s ordered and they are earning a lot from hardware sales.
lysr

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 10:04:24 AM

ASICMINER's has at least 200TH/s ordered and they are earning a lot from hardware sales.
Ya, I am sure that 200Th would be deployed at the end of next month.
furuknap

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

http://coin.furuknap.net/

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 10:07:53 AM

ASICMiner has just announced they've decided to go with 65/55 nm for their next gen chip, which means they haven't really come far in the process. 100TH seems to have that generation now or at least very shortly.

AM has been earning a lot from hardware sales because they have essentially been the only supplier in a very desperate market. They will need to sell 200 blades and 10K USB miners every month to keep up the dividends they have been paying lately.

AM cannot grow much further. Their entire proof of capability, which exceeds anyone in the business by orders of magnitude, has already been priced into the share.

100TH has just started growing. Their entire proof of capability, which doesn't even exist yet, has not been priced into the share.

They key question will be; does 100TH deliver? If they do, they will be one generation ahead of AM and AM will suddenly be the Pentium III trying to catch up with a new generation of chips and arguing that "yeah, but we got a lot of Pentium IIIs on order!"

.b

abuelau

www.coinschedule.com

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 10:15:50 AM

ASICMiner has just announced they've decided to go with 65/55 nm for their next gen chip, which means they haven't really come far in the process. 100TH seems to have that generation now or at least very shortly.

AM has been earning a lot from hardware sales because they have essentially been the only supplier in a very desperate market. They will need to sell 200 blades and 10K USB miners every month to keep up the dividends they have been paying lately.

AM cannot grow much further. Their entire proof of capability, which exceeds anyone in the business by orders of magnitude, has already been priced into the share.

100TH has just started growing. Their entire proof of capability, which doesn't even exist yet, has not been priced into the share.

They key question will be; does 100TH deliver? If they do, they will be one generation ahead of AM and AM will suddenly be the Pentium III trying to catch up with a new generation of chips and arguing that "yeah, but we got a lot of Pentium IIIs on order!"

The question is not only that. The question is about short-term vs. long term. Sure, ASICMiner is starting with 65/55 nm now, but look at what friedcat's already done. The guy can deliver. Even if he's a couple of months behind TH, he will deliver, and in 1 years time, 100TH will still be 100TH but Asicminer could be already in 500TH for all I know.

This is what you need to consider. Plus, 100TH has no history of delivering so it's way more risky in my view. I am not saying whether it's a good or bad investment, but in my view it's more risky than Asicminer (especially so in the medium to long term).

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: