Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:43:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PicoStocks] 100TH/s bitcoin mine [100th]  (Read 469875 times)
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 02:37:46 PM

Wafers still need to be thinned, diced and packed. I'm expecting chips in ~2 weeks. Fingers crossed!

Is it ok if I uncross my fingers yet?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
buzzdave
VIP

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 06:36:43 PM

Guys - Les received the boards today and ... they have a problem.  The fab dropped 2 of our layers, producing a 2-layer PCB (no internal interconnects).  We identified the problem immediately, got it fixed, and the fab is now expediting new PCBs on a 5-day turn.  We are seeking to expedite each additional step this is going to take, but we *will* lose 3 - 5 days here (and 10's of thousands of $$$)

Steps we are taking:
-2-day turn verification rig in production now
-send a team member to China to in-person test this rig
-expedite all stages of PCB production, assembly & delivery

Since we will be right up against our retail delivery timeframe, we are going to have to use the boards for filling retail product.  Due to this, Tytus has announced an increased hashrate supply to our investors of 200TH total, to be deployed in the next two months cumulatively (not all at once at the end).

We are as upset at the delay/fakap as you are I'm sure.  This is one of the side affects of pushing such a fast track project, but we are making it right.  Believe me we want this stuff hashing as much as anyone and we are pulling out all the stops to get it done.

The pico status report can be seen here: https://picostocks.com/docs/index/19

AM4Bitcoin

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 06:48:38 PM

When i read your post i think this will cause a delay for some days maybe a week. When i read the statement on picostocks i read a delay for a full month?
Which is the case?

bullish on Bitcoin + Peercoin
ronaldlee0917

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 06:49:51 PM

100TH -> 200TH, share price doubled?
Just kidding, do your own maths! Grin

Donation:    18zXsfnSvGjQFJ6pEiKMg2uWGcxUCfJLzu
Mastercoin - A new protocol layer built on top of Bitcoin
kaerf

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 07:41:58 PM

Guys - Les received the boards today and ... they have a problem.  The fab dropped 2 of our layers, producing a 2-layer PCB (no internal interconnects).  We identified the problem immediately, got it fixed, and the fab is now expediting new PCBs on a 5-day turn.  We are seeking to expedite each additional step this is going to take, but we *will* lose 3 - 5 days here (and 10's of thousands of $$$)

Steps we are taking:

Since we will be right up against our retail delivery timeframe, we are going to have to use the boards for filling retail product.  Due to this, Tytus has announced an increased hashrate supply to our investors of 200TH total, to be deployed in the next two months cumulatively (not all at once at the end).

We are as upset at the delay/fakap as you are I'm sure.  This is one of the side affects of pushing such a fast track project, but we are making it right.  Believe me we want this stuff hashing as much as anyone and we are pulling out all the stops to get it done.

Although the delay is disappointing, I'm very happy to see how this team responds to adversity. Even though the delay is the fault of the PCB manufacturer, Tytus has decided to double the hash rate of the mine. This is not something that he was required to do, but he did it to assuage fears and reinforce the team's reputation. Rather than treating investors with contempt and letting us "just deal" with delays, he has made a proactive decision to compensate investors. Although he may be reducing short-term gains with this move, I'm certain the goodwill he's showing towards investors will only strengthen his brand/reputation and will have positive long term repercussions.

kaerf

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 08:07:45 PM

Dave, will you be adding power to the datacenter to deal with the additional 100TH?

With the addition of another 100TH, I'm compelled to bring back the subject of potentially converting this security into an ASICMINER-like model where a percentage of dividends are withheld to reinvest in additional mining hardware. Converting to this model would result in a significant rise in share price (ASICMINER-like) and selling a portion of those shares would allow bitfury to quickly jump to a smaller process node to compete with the influx of new 28nm chips.

Obviously, the short-term goal is to get the mine deployed and I don't want to distract Tytus (and team) from that activity.  I don't know if Tytus' really big investors are willing to do this or if Tytus himself has a controlling interest, but thought I'd bring this for discussion again.
furuknap

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

http://coin.furuknap.net/

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 09:42:44 PM

Steps we are taking:

Dave,

As much as this is bad news, I appreciate the notification to the market. You are much more on the ball than tytus was, and I don't say that to berate him but to commend you.

Can we expect tytus to dump shares to the market now that there's bad news, like has happened the previous times? As always, I would appreciate the market being allowed to decide whether the bad news is compensated by the increased hashrate, if you don't mind.

.b

bitbytes

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 11:06:44 PM

Just to understand this, you are putting retail deliveries before 100th which will cause a month of additional delay, but doubling ultimate capacity to 200th.  Exactly how much hashing power will be delivered to retail before us and can you promise that additional retail orders won't further subordinate our delivery?

Guys - Les received the boards today and ... they have a problem.  The fab dropped 2 of our layers, producing a 2-layer PCB (no internal interconnects).  We identified the problem immediately, got it fixed, and the fab is now expediting new PCBs on a 5-day turn.  We are seeking to expedite each additional step this is going to take, but we *will* lose 3 - 5 days here (and 10's of thousands of $$$)

Steps we are taking:

Since we will be right up against our retail delivery timeframe, we are going to have to use the boards for filling retail product.  Due to this, Tytus has announced an increased hashrate supply to our investors of 200TH total, to be deployed in the next two months cumulatively (not all at once at the end).

We are as upset at the delay/fakap as you are I'm sure.  This is one of the side affects of pushing such a fast track project, but we are making it right.  Believe me we want this stuff hashing as much as anyone and we are pulling out all the stops to get it done.

TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 01:07:39 AM

While I guess this is to be considered "bad news" I am convinced that Tytus and Buzzdave have everyone's best interest in mind, not only from a "good Samaritan" point of view but as share holders themselves.

At a glance I would almost claim that icon a longer horizon 200TH over 1-8 weeks is actually a worthwhile upgrade from 100TH.
TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 01:10:22 AM

200TH is of course in itself a huge upgrade, but with the cumulative rollout and loss of "early mining" I think we need to do some math before yelling 'YES'..
bitbytes

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 01:38:00 AM

Yes. Network hash has doubled from 200TH to 400TH in the last 5 weeks so it could turn out to be just a breakeven. Given the intended hash rates for the various IPOs (even the stub Garden) these delays are major concerns.

To do the numbers we need a date for the full 200TH to be live. Can you provide an estimate?

200TH is of course in itself a huge upgrade, but with the cumulative rollout and loss of "early mining" I think we need to do some math before yelling 'YES'..
helloge
Legendary

Activity: 1057
Merit: 1000

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 01:54:10 AM

what an international joke about the PCB failure with dropping 2 of 4 layers!! Cry
even the small firm will not make such stupid mistake.
how can I trust in you again and again,delay and delay,error and error!

▄▄███▄▄             
            ███████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄    ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ███████████▄▄     ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀█████████████▄▄       
     ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀█████████████▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄ ▀▀████████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
             ▀▀█████▀▀           

.CARDSTACK..............
...The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..Bringing scalability and usability to....
..dApps for mass market adoption......
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..TOKEN EVENT      .GET ON WHITELIST.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---Twitter   ⦁   Telegram   ⦁   Blog   ⦁   Bitcointalk----
Mobius

Activity: 988

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 02:29:30 AM

what an international joke about the PCB failure with dropping 2 of 4 layers!! Cry
How can we trust your opinions?
When you build up some credibility and time under your belt, come back.
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:48:36 AM

Actually may make sense. I think board v1.0 was 2 layer board and possibly Les used the same PCB manufacturer and they still assumed 2 layer board.

If you take a look carefully on top right corner of v1.0 board, it shows 1 and 2 layers.

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:14:31 AM

It's happened for sure

And am glad for the upfront response by 100TH, now 200TH Wink team. keep up the good work guys. Stuff happens.

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
snowdropfore

Activity: 843
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:25:53 AM

i think the stock name should change  100TH  to 200TH, it sounds more agressive。anyway, happy to hear that,i will still hold tigth my
shares.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
redbeans2012

Activity: 887

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:34:41 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2013, 07:05:18 AM by redbeans2012

Is there any place I can find a summary of whats going on with this Security? Are they hashing yet, or is it very soon?  Can someone give me a 1 or 2 sentence summary. Why are the charts so funny on Picostocks? lol

EDIT: found it thanks.
intron

Activity: 427
Merit: 251

- electronics design|embedded software|verilog -

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:03:53 AM

Actually may make sense. I think board v1.0 was 2 layer board and possibly Les used the same PCB manufacturer and they still assumed 2 layer board.

If you take a look carefully on top right corner of v1.0 board, it shows 1 and 2 layers.

No it's not. It was always a 4-layer board.
The layer counters for layer 3 and 4 are
not visible when looking from layer top.

intron
Dexter770221
Legendary

Activity: 1029

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 11:17:36 AM

Is there any place I can find a summary of whats going on with this Security? Are they hashing yet, or is it very soon?  Can someone give me a 1 or 2 sentence summary. Why are the charts so funny on Picostocks? lol

EDIT: found it thanks.

Yes, it hashing. With 400GH/s of prototype setup. It should start hashing this week but as you can read few post earlier manufacturing error causes bords to be usseless. Now next month needs to pass to start hashing at 100TH and another month for 200TH total. That extra 100TH is to compensate losses caused by a delay.

Under development Modular UPGRADEABLE Miner (MUM). Looking for investors.
Changing one PCB with screwdriver and you have brand new miner in hand... Plug&Play, scalable from one module to thousands.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 12:50:49 PM

When i read your post i think this will cause a delay for some days maybe a week. When i read the statement on picostocks i read a delay for a full month?
Which is the case?

The cause is that he's a lying piece of shit.

Dave,

As much as this is bad news, I appreciate the notification to the market.

Appreciate the part where he ignores all of you for a while but answers within hours of my post.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: