Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:29:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PicoStocks] 100TH/s bitcoin mine [100th]  (Read 469875 times)
buzzdave
VIP

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 07:36:39 AM

And I am almost sure he will. Therefore the shares are not over valued.

Which might be a risky assumption. It really would be good to have an answer on that. If no answer comes i would take it as that he wont reinvest. I mean it would have helped from the start when he stated reinvestments.
Does this security has a spokesperson other than tytus? He was logged in yesterday but didnt post anything since 1 and 1/4 months now.

I never really clarified that the reason I started updating this thread is due to a conversation I had with Tytus.  He was/is so busy, I suggested that I would keep you all informed.  So I guess I'm the spokesperson for now on this forum anyway.  Tytus still posts the picostocks reports.

Status of boards - as I noted before, final design bugs are ironed out and boards are in production.  Due to delays, we've increased the hashpower we will commit to this mine to 200TH.  I'm waiting to get a shipping notice from the factory - the first boards should be headed my way in 24 - 48 hours by my estimate, but I can only wait for them to ship.  Well, that and send multiple emails per day to the US VP sales.  First boards will be run for 24 hours or so in order to weed out underperforming or non-performing boards - this will all be sent to the mine.  After the August retail units are shipped, remaining boards will begin to accumulate hashpower for the mine.  I think we can put up 200TH in 30 days, but it remains to be seen what challenges there are.

The delays gave me an opportunity to jump on something for the datacenter without introducing future downtime to the mine.  I went ahead with the plan to double the power service to the building, which completed last week.  This provides quite a lot of power - 2400 amps of 208v (theoretically supporting about 500kW).  I have about 1500 amps routed out onto the floor now.  This extra power will give me some room to push the AC systems (25 tons) to the limit and see where we can max out temps.  I can add AC once I get a better sense of where the operational temperature ceiling is.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 10:18:43 AM

Thanks for clarifying. Sounds like you work much on the project.

Can you tell if this is a one-time-project so that the security as it is now will slowly die after the 200TH are set up or are there plans to hold a certain hashrate in the net like Asicminer planned? Something like that?

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 06:45:06 PM

Wafers still need to be thinned, diced and packed. I'm expecting chips in ~2 weeks. Fingers crossed!

Is it ok if I uncross my fingers yet?

Oh look, another two weeks.

For all of the I dunno, two, three idiots shivering for the fate of their collective sub-Bitcoin "investment" in this particular scam, here's a little something: The positive market effects of the delivery bet.

Picostocks generally, along with the imaginary farm are, as you might expect, just about at zero.

I never really clarified that the reason I started updating this thread is due to a conversation I had with Tytus.  He was/is so busy, I suggested that I would keep you all informed.

No, actually, the reason is that you are a professional liar. Having broken your credibility over the bASIC fiasco, you perceive yourself immune from prosecution and generally further ill effects, in the sense that once it comes to that there's already enough to sink you, and meanwhile might as well turn a buck doing more of the same, not like it makes a difference.

That, for your side. For his side, tytus is eager to insulate himself from the actual responsibility for the scam he's running, much like convicted felon Sonny Vleisides prefers to use Inaba to insulate himself, and much like the Jonathan Ryan Owens-Alberto Armandi troop of scammers used the services of random clueless busybody Meni Rosenfeld.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 12:20:42 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=250249.600

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Bitweasil

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 05:00:04 AM

Very nice.  What's the ETA on these arriving at 200TH and coming online?

Need high quality, rack mountable GPU clusters for OpenCL work or password auditing?  http://www.stricture-group.com/
kaerf

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 06:46:25 AM

dividends seem to be coming in a little faster than normal...luck or more hashing power?
Dexter770221
Legendary

Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 08:48:28 AM

dividends seem to be coming in a little faster than normal...luck or more hashing power?
Rather luck.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=251966.msg3033194#msg3033194

Under development Modular UPGRADEABLE Miner (MUM). Looking for investors.
Changing one PCB with screwdriver and you have brand new miner in hand... Plug&Play, scalable from one module to thousands.
buzzdave
VIP

Activity: 472

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 03:51:23 PM

Hi all, I'm expect units to begin arriving today.  The factory will ship more on a daily basis until they've finished our initial order.  We have more orders following that.  All board evaluation coin will be sent to the 200TH mine address.  I expect that after next week, we will have finished shipping and the boards will begin to accumulate in the datacenter.

Look for your divs to begin rising today!

All the best,
Dave

filharvey

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 04:51:27 PM

What is the mine address and / or a site so we can see the hashing at the time. Yes, I understand that it will fluctuate, but would like to see us hashing.

Phil

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 06:32:41 PM

Hi all, I'm expect units to begin arriving today.  The factory will ship more on a daily basis until they've finished our initial order.  We have more orders following that.  All board evaluation coin will be sent to the 200TH mine address.  I expect that after next week, we will have finished shipping and the boards will begin to accumulate in the datacenter.

All the best,
Dave

Do you have any thoughts on the idea of reinvestment-plan for continuous hash-rate increase after full roll-out? Is this something that the founders would consider?
Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123
Merit: 1000

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 06:59:23 PM

All the best,
Dave

Do you have any thoughts on the idea of reinvestment-plan for continuous hash-rate increase after full roll-out? Is this something that the founders would consider?

I get the feeling this question will be ignored, as it has been for some time now. I am sure it will be answered eventually, when feasible.  We all know what will happen to the share price if the answer is, No.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 09:30:57 PM

All the best,
Dave

I get the feeling this question will be ignored, as it has been for some time now. I am sure it will be answered eventually, when feasible.  We all know what will happen to the share price if the answer is, No.

I think thats why there wont be an answer to this. I didnt invest because of it. It would be too strange when they start to state only now that they want to reinvest.

Pale Phoenix

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 09:55:42 PM

I was looking back through the thread for some information and came across this:

Will the capacity be expanded?
This is not planed. This would complicate the deal. There is still sufficient variability of profitability due to the unpredictable network hash rate and btc price. It is possible that the mine generates revenues that are higher that the presented optimistic scenario.

So unless their thinking has changed, it seems they do not intend to enter into a reinvestment / expansion arrangement.

TheSwede75

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 10:00:19 PM

I was looking back through the thread for some information and came across this:

This is not planed. This would complicate the deal. There is still sufficient variability of profitability due to the unpredictable network hash rate and btc price. It is possible that the mine generates revenues that are higher that the presented optimistic scenario.

So unless their thinking has changed, it seems they do not intend to enter into a reinvestment / expansion arrangement.

I wouldn't make any assumptions. The founders own a SIGNIFICANT amount of shares and are obviously invested in the success of the Project as share holders. I doubt either of them will make any decisions that are not fundamentally sound.
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 10:04:49 PM

I wouldn't make any assumptions. The founders own a SIGNIFICANT amount of shares and are obviously invested in the success of the Project as share holders. I doubt either of them will make any decisions that are not fundamentally sound.

their fundamentally sound decision would to start another enterprise using the coins they generate from 100th mine (now 200th?) without including other shareholders of 100th. they have no need to compensate others since it was never stated in their initial plan and they never even hinted at it. yes they can do it. but why would they? they can completely self mine (like bitfury is doing now) and just retain all dividends to themselves. as long as they do what they promised in the 100th they are doing things correctly. i'm sure people would love reinvestment at cost but what do they have to gain from doing that.

ok
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 10:20:16 PM

All the best,
Dave

I think thats why there wont be an answer to this. I didnt invest because of it. It would be too strange when they start to state only now that they want to reinvest.

I'm optimistic and hope 100TH is waiting to see how things go before announcing the additional shareholder compensation in the form of a 10-20 TH reinvestment fund.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TheSwede75

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 08:19:55 PM

their fundamentally sound decision would to start another enterprise using the coins they generate from 100th mine (now 200th?) without including other shareholders of 100th. they have no need to compensate others since it was never stated in their initial plan and they never even hinted at it. yes they can do it. but why would they? they can completely self mine (like bitfury is doing now) and just retain all dividends to themselves. as long as they do what they promised in the 100th they are doing things correctly. i'm sure people would love reinvestment at cost but what do they have to gain from doing that.

I don't think you "get it". The main shareholders in 100TH are still the founders. It's not about "compensating" shareholders, but rather creating profit for shareholders, what to a very large extent means the founders profiting.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2013, 09:27:03 PM

I don't think you "get it". The main shareholders in 100TH are still the founders. It's not about "compensating" shareholders, but rather creating profit for shareholders, what to a very large extent means the founders profiting.

Yes, but he means the reason for not reinvesting is that the 100TH mine is deployed and then slowly will die. Then the earnings they founders got are used to build their own miners besides 100TH because they now have the asic design and enough money for it. This way they get 100% profit instead less.

RHA

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 08:02:56 AM

Quoting the same again and again? Cut it, please.

Tytus is now engaged with the 100TH, but it was just planned to stimulate picostocks.com, which should be in future a platform for "kickstarting" different scientific projects.
When the 100TH runs at full speed, he will have time for decisions. If reinvesting can help to stimulate (I think it can), he may go this way.
(My opinion is based on the businessplans and what Tytus wrote.)
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 02:44:47 PM

All the best,
Dave

Herp.

The imaginary units that have arrived and nobody's seen two days later are the reason your "dividends" are increasing. Definitely not ponzi, because Broken Reputation Guy on a lolforum says so.

This thread is about as good as Tortilla's Sauna Adventures, fo' sho'.

What is the mine address and / or a site so we can see the hashing at the time. Yes, I understand that it will fluctuate, but would like to see us hashing.

Phil

They can't do that for the obvious reason. If you push it enough maybe the plan could be adjusted to include buying some hashing GPUMax style, but as it is it's not something this particularly sloppy troop of scammers thought of, so....

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: