Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:32:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting closer to Halving but .. no increase ?  (Read 10304 times)
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16583

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 08:28:24 PM

I don't see how the increase in price had anything to do with the halving. In this graph I read a very stable price before and after halving, followed by an exponential bubble, a collapse, and a new normal.
Since then the price went up, and down, and the past year went up again to end on the current 400+ (although it has been higher in the past year). Everybody expecting a large effect of the halving must have influenced the higher price, so I see no reason for an increase after the halving. If it happens months later, it is the "normal" variation again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rune
Legendary

Activity: 1229
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 08:38:31 PM

I don't see how the increase in price had anything to do with the halving. In this graph I read a very stable price before and after halving, followed by an exponential bubble, a collapse, and a new normal.
Since then the price went up, and down, and the past year went up again to end on the current 400+ (although it has been higher in the past year). Everybody expecting a large effect of the halving must have influenced the higher price, so I see no reason for an increase after the halving. If it happens months later, it is the "normal" variation again.

Now that is interesting if we follow that pattern we might not see much movement until months after the halving.
I doubt that though Bitcoin is so much bigger now and so hype driven ppl will buy  more and more just trying to make quick money.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 08:57:39 PM

People just expect the halving to be a price jump on the same day or something lol.

When the halving is a gradual price increase then a immediate one..
traderbit

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 09:46:41 PM

We are getting closer every day but the price is staying at the $420 stage, i think we should wait until June and see what will happen, i expect at that time the price will be increased because of the panic buying probably.

Raimonn
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 10:34:29 PM

I think that we will see higher prices on next weeks, but how big and fast will be the increase its very difficult to predict. The increase could be slowly if starts on following days or more fast an vertical if its on closer days to halving.
nostal02

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 02:44:52 AM

I think that we will see higher prices on next weeks, but how big and fast will be the increase its very difficult to predict. The increase could be slowly if starts on following days or more fast an vertical if its on closer days to halving.

After the halving the price will steadily increase its price,but for now it will just play around 400-430 and will continue to do so until we have reach the halving.
Rizla2345

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 02:49:49 AM

Shouldn´t it be pretty much priced in already? Markets do tend to try to be ahead of the curve after all.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 02:56:28 AM

Shouldn´t it be pretty much priced in already? Markets do tend to try to be ahead of the curve after all.
Well, not necessarily. Especially considering the market right now, it is very possible that there are still increases to be had.

I think it won't be a 10-fold increase, but if something happens it will be fairly substantial.
Rizla2345

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 03:04:21 AM

Well, not necessarily. Especially considering the market right now, it is very possible that there are still increases to be had.

I think it won't be a 10-fold increase, but if something happens it will be fairly substantial.

I don´t know. Mining is probably pretty squeezed after the huge difficulty increases so you´d expect hefty selling into any major rallies. Those are stupendous investments, total hash rate is presently at over 1.3 Exahash/s.
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 03:19:17 AM

This time how the price will be before and after depends on the market and the adoption. Halving will never occur same as the past time. Can see certain change in the growth as well percentage of increase.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
alisafidel58

Activity: 364
Merit: 127

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 04:25:33 AM

This time how the price will be before and after depends on the market and the adoption. Halving will never occur same as the past time. Can see certain change in the growth as well percentage of increase.

Yeah,it wont be the same as the past halving and the price of bitcoin now rely on its users and companies that is willing to invest into the coin if there is not enough companies then we will still be at the same price level.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 05:08:29 AM

Yeah,it wont be the same as the past halving and the price of bitcoin now rely on its users and companies that is willing to invest into the coin if there is not enough companies then we will still be at the same price level.
Well looking at the price it seems the coming halving won't be as same as the previous one. But we can't expect anything we have to wait until halving and I think can see good increase in the coming weeks.

armansolis593

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 06:18:12 AM

Well looking at the price it seems the coming halving won't be as same as the previous one. But we can't expect anything we have to wait until halving and I think can see good increase in the coming weeks.

There will be a good increase in the coming weeks or months as we are getting close to the halving and we just need to have faith in bitcoin.
abercrombie
Legendary

Activity: 1159

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 06:21:10 AM

Still have 13 weeks to go, plenty of time for positioning.

Lots of the "priced in" crowd are shorting and building the foundation for the huge short squeeze past $500.
maudevang

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 07:15:20 AM

There are a lot of people that is indeed saying that the value will not even rise after the halving and that can be bad for the most people who already have Bitcoin, but we cant control it.
The bad thing of Bitcoin is that you never know what will happen with the Bitcoin, so we have to see.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 07:30:43 AM

Lots of the "priced in" crowd are shorting and building the foundation for the huge short squeeze past $500.
You know what will be funny? That these "priced in" believers will sell far below $500 and buy back above $500 because it gives them a horrible feeling having sold that low and miss out on good profits.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 07:35:05 AM

You know what will be funny? That these "priced in" believers will sell far below $500 and buy back above $500 because it gives them a horrible feeling having sold that low and miss out on good profits.
and if after halving all would go down suddenly under $300 or so...

i believe people hope too much...but we can see that we are before a big doubt to risk over $440...

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16583

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 07:36:31 AM

For me it doesn't really matter, long term I assume bitcoin will go up, and short term I am not planning on buying/selling much. The only thing I would benefit from, is going up and down more, as it gives trading opportunities.

maxj57634

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 07:56:02 AM

For me it doesn't really matter, long term I assume bitcoin will go up, and short term I am not planning on buying/selling much. The only thing I would benefit from, is going up and down more, as it gives trading opportunities.

Yeah trading opportunities would be great here when the halving comes and a lot or users will be dumping and pumping bitcoin just to get more profit from others.
lenoli

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 07:59:28 AM

price increase will e after halving, not before halving, so be patient and just wait.

after halving, when it will be more difficult to mine coins, price will increase
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: