Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:50:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting closer to Halving but .. no increase ?  (Read 10304 times)
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2016, 08:56:05 PM

i see that my prediction that bitcoin price will not go over $500 this year has high chances to be true...
We are not in the same situation like for the first halving...
the reduction of mined btc is relative less...and the people have fixed the halving effect sooner...

"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 09:23:04 PM

The increase of the halving will be seen after the halving and not before it, I even think when the halving is coming close the bitcoin will lower a bit.
We cannot predict this right now but this are just all speculations of course.

Yeah there is full possibility that we will see higher price after the halving and not before that, I hope people will hold their coins and not sell if price is lower at halving.

I also hope they will hold their coins till the halving has been happened because its also good for them due to the fact they can than make nice profits.
The halving will have a good affect on the price without any doubts.

How do you know that already? There is no way to know whether or not the price will show a significant increase from the price right now. Maybe the halving price is already in todays price, and maybe it will go over $500 before the halving. No one can give you an exact answer on that question.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 09:42:47 PM

For now there's no increase and its decreased $20 according to preev price.. and i think more people are now converting into eth.. because the price is increased due to fear about price of bitcoin after block halving..
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 04:10:44 AM

For now there's no increase and its decreased $20 according to preev price.. and i think more people are now converting into eth.. because the price is increased due to fear about price of bitcoin after block halving..

yeah, i have the same theory too but i don't know how true is this theory of mine. it is just like before when the eth price went into the first bubble and attracted a lot of attention due to the hype, the price of bitcoin went down a little because of that and was back up after the eth bubble bursted and now there is the same thing happening again

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 05:44:41 AM

People jumping into ETH are purely doing it because of their greed. They see Bitcoin isn't moving much so they want to jump into ETH hoping to make some good profits. And that's it.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 08:19:41 AM

People jumping into ETH are purely doing it because of their greed. They see Bitcoin isn't moving much so they want to jump into ETH hoping to make some good profits. And that's it.

Well..my 'theory' (take this with a grain of salt at one time I drank the Butterly Labs Kool Aid...so you've been warned) Smiley

Anyway ...there is what 3 years plus of bad press FUD and how evil bitcoin is etc, etc.....So IF there is a significant anti BTC crowd that want to get into a crypto and has a FOMO
it very well could be (right or wrong) ethereum COULD pump to 20 bucks plus.

As a comparison of BTC price $445 and etherum price $14 ...a person could make the case that even a $50 buck coin as an alternative to bitcoin ..due to the FUD is NOT out of the realm of
possibility..if there are a significant amount of people who have been convinced BTC is bad and that ethereum is the 'chosen one" (shudder) as an alternative

so imho sideways at halving (again half the mining and the price of btc stays the same .is no small feat either with etherum and all the negative btc fud imho)...so sideways is my view.

I don't like this much as a concept.

Hope I'm dead,dead,dead wrong...but have no other way to explain the attraction of etherum at this point in time.

and again ...not slamming btc...I am hoarding 100 btc...but it does give me pause.....(that and trump in USA is the republican presidential candidate..thus lending more credence to the fact Elvis really is alive and has been kidnapped by Roswell Aliens....which I would have given better odds on 9 months ago then Trump being the republican presidential candidate Sad

just saying ...its 'weird times" indeed Sad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
rektDude

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 08:26:07 AM

The price of Bitcoin was indeed stable for a long time and that have to change because there are still a lot of people that is waiting for a higher value and that is bad.
Because they also see now that the value of the Bitcoin is not even that high and that have to change soon.
Galiatram

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 01:35:35 PM

You can already see that the halving is now coming towards indeed but you have to know that it will rise slowly and that it was stable for a long time.
So you dont see now not that much difference but we just have to wait for it on the right moment.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 02:02:49 PM

What seems to be happening is that bitcoin approaches $470, the blocks get full and backlogs build, the market reacts and the price falls. We've seen this scenario three times already. I think $470 is a ceiling till the blocksize thing gets resolved.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
jak1

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 04:05:46 PM

we are pretty close to halving now and after several weeks no increase for bitcoin prices seems today slowly but sure the prices has rise up and i had buying during prices $430 and the current prices $435-$438 but i'm still hold my bitcoin and hoping we will reach to $440 today or tomorrow

I think we're not much close to the halving. Only the price rise happening is just of the technology and on its gradual rise. The halving effects will cause a increase in price when you are one or two weeks away from halving date.

You should see bitcoin's price going up and up, it is slow but not going down when halving will come than automatically bitcoins price will increase very high, may be it will be 700$ reached. than you should sell your bitcoins because after halving bitcoins price will going down, so it depend on you how you can get profit.
bitlancr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 07:01:23 PM

The increase will follow at the end of the halving or after it what people are already saying.
I really think the bitcoin is gonna be very profitable.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 10:26:33 PM

just wat until july or so, then we will likely see the effects of the halving.

It's weird to expect the decrease of supply to have an effect before the decrease in supply happened.
kehtolo

Activity: 707

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 08:17:29 AM

Hello.

My name is Sig. Campaign.

I think we all happy when halving take effect. I buy now and wait for halving..me patient..once me see rise me shell = big profit. = Make me happy.com
Then me happy. Because me won big profit.. and all my village happy.

But then we sad... in 5 year time.. we see...silly to sell the bitcoin now...should wait... = bigger profit = more happy.

But we no see big picture....too sad.

Yours Sincerely,

Mr. S. Campaign.

The next 24 hours are critical!
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 08:31:49 AM

Well..my 'theory' (take this with a grain of salt at one time I drank the Butterly Labs Kool Aid...so you've been warned) Smiley

Anyway ...there is what 3 years plus of bad press FUD and how evil bitcoin is etc, etc.....So IF there is a significant anti BTC crowd that want to get into a crypto and has a FOMO

As a comparison of BTC price $445 and etherum price $14 ...a person could make the case that even a $50 buck coin as an alternative to bitcoin ..due to the FUD is NOT out of the realm of
possibility..if there are a significant amount of people who have been convinced BTC is bad and that ethereum is the 'chosen one" (shudder) as an alternative

so imho sideways at halving (again half the mining and the price of btc stays the same .is no small feat either with etherum and all the negative btc fud imho)...so sideways is my view.

Hope I'm dead,dead,dead wrong...but have no other way to explain the attraction of etherum at this point in time.

and again ...not slamming btc...I am hoarding 100 btc...but it does give me pause.....(that and trump in USA is the republican presidential candidate..thus lending more credence to the fact Elvis really is alive and has been kidnapped by Roswell Aliens....which I would have given better odds on 9 months ago then Trump being the republican presidential candidate Sad

Ether can very well end up reaching $20 per coin as the speculation and the hype around this coin will not fade away after a month or two. It will be an interesting year for sure, but there is also a negative point to this. The closer the Ether market cap is approaching the $2 billion number, the more people will start doubting about Bitcoin if it doesn't move up much higher than $500 this year. The average Bitcoiner is very easy to influence.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 08:43:43 AM

All we need is just a little patience
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 08:46:14 AM

Ether can very well end up reaching $20 per coin as the speculation and the hype around this coin will not fade away after a month or two. It will be an interesting year for sure, but there is also a negative point to this. The closer the Ether market cap is approaching the $2 billion number, the more people will start doubting about Bitcoin if it doesn't move up much higher than $500 this year. The average Bitcoiner is very easy to influence.

yeah....all the last 3 years of press and btc fud......there could be a place for $50 buck ethereum imho.....if compared to say $500 usd bitcoin......it is not that far fetched.

The question is will it get to say $40 and $50 bucks like Litecoin did back in the day and then fade down to $4 or so or will it actually carve an 'anti-btc' niche out and be the
next 'speculative' coin like litecoin?

I have NO ethereum...but that is the angle I wonder about. How much 'angst' and fomo is there out there about NOT putting $$$ in bitcoin because the 'boat' was missed and it of course from all the FUD is on its last legs...just how far can an 'alternative coin' be hyped in price against say $500 buck bitcoin? Hell if there is such a demand it could 'bubble' to $50 and then stablize at $20 if there are enough kool aid drinking anti bitcoin ethereum bag holders.

crypto always drama.....hell more drama then a Mexican Soap Opera ..if there was such a thing for crypto Smiley

but hell I've no clue.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
kehtolo

Activity: 707

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 09:08:20 AM

All we need is just a little patience

Unfortunately.. [or Fortunately] we can't just mine that with ASIC's... so schau ma mal...

The next 24 hours are critical!
Koamder

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 03:05:48 PM

The Ethereum price dropping at the moment. It dropped from around 0.033 to 0.027 now. the bitcoin price is rising.
megaman84

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 04:45:50 PM

It seems most of the guys holding their bitcoin and hope for a price increase before the halving or after the halving depending on the price. In case the price rises to f.ex. 600USD+ ,Bitcoin will be dumped hard from traders and miners who will cash out!
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 05:24:51 PM

It is both kind of funny and interesting to watch people are impatient about bitcoin price just because halving is coming.

You have to understand some things first:

1. Halving is not an instant price rise switch on/off. It takes time.
2. There are already more than 15 millions of BTC mined, it is not certain if we need more supply to cover demand.
3. Events of the last halving showed that price will take a long time to corre
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: