Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:04:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Piece of Shit Bitcoiners et al. Hall of Fame  (Read 15813 times)
Daimaru

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 12:54:12 PM

still remember when i just started to trade and trade XPY from Josh Garza , he said price gonna $20 but he lie  Sad Cry
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 01:08:46 PM

Gleb is usually so eager to pounce on almost anything as conclusive evidence, yet still isn't convinced Duffield is a PoS?

WTF?   Huh

Here, maybe some BTC core devs' low opinions of Duffield's XCoin-->Darkcoin-->Dash scam will persuade him.

Your pump and dump dance would probably be more effective if you were less transparently dishonest in your approach.

From what I can tell the only purpose DarkCoin serves is to depress me about the state of humanity.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 01:26:44 PM

You quote 2 years old shit. PLease don't stop there just for the sake of having fun.

Many things has been fixed. Look at Dash now.

A crypto-currency based on Bitcoin, the work of Satoshi Nakamoto, with various improvements such as a two-tier incentivized network, known as the Masternode network. Included are other improvements such as Darksend, for increasing fungibility and InstantX which allows instant transaction confirmation without a centralized authority.

https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/About+Dash

Budget System (Funding / Voting / DGBB)
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=8585246

Merchants
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=19759198

Dash roadmap 2016
https://dashtalk.org/threads/dash-2016-roadmap.8068/

https://dashtalk.org/threads/april-2016-budget-proposal.8480/

Dash at anarchapulco 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnPQYQvXU1U

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 01:29:11 PM

I'll start of by saying that I am neither a dev nor a core-team member. Perhaps my "role" is better described as contributor.

Anyway, like I stated upthread at least one person missed the launch due to Evan Duffield launching earlier than he said he would. That should be considered as someone (in)directly being "ripped off" in my opinion (or scammed). Furthermore, for every poster there might be 10-20 readers who experienced the same thing. He also confirms that he'll try again next week. That probably resulted in some people getting caught off guard regarding the launch. In addition, there were no Windows binaries available, which arguably represents a great part of users. However, he was apparently willing to throw 5k DASH at it. See

I think at this point it is obvious to pretty much everyone apart from Monero shills and megalomaniac and paranoid sociopathic trolls like TBTB that you guys are blowing things way out of proportion here. I discovered DRK in april 2014, read through the whole ANN and researched the "instamine", accepted it has a honest mistake and the community seemed to be as fine with it as it is now. No one gave a fuck. No "victims" whatsoever around, no legal procedures, no courts, no police, nothing (unlike with many others on that list!!!). I actually found out about XMR later through you guys who kept trolling the DASH thread. Looked at it, it`s cool, without any doubt and I have some and I wish XMR all the best, but as an impartial investor looking at the competing DEV/contributor teams, all I have to say is that compared to Evan, fernando, minotaur, OTOH and all the other prominent exponents of DASH, you guys are a bunch of libelous nasty trolls who prefer to smear a (yet?) more successfull competitor. I hardly ever read anything about that unfair mining optimization thing you guys did, thanks AlexGR for reminding me of that, but I know about it and it is FAR WORSE than anything Evan is accused of, yet you don`t see DASH trolls whining about it  and FUDing your thread.
To me the  "instamine" case is closed, but you guys keep tarnishing the goodwill of your own XMR coin  with your attitude.

Oh, and one of your devs is even a Scammer-hugger:

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 04:31:18 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2016, 05:10:55 PM by smooth

Why don't you take a look at your Monero which WAS CODED INTENTIONALLY AS A SCAM with an INTENTIONALLY CRIPPLED MINING CODE, so that some SCAMMERS could mine multiple times what naive miners were mining.

Because first of all no one involved with Monero now (which is a fork of the coin that was coded as a scam, from which the crippled code was quickly removed, limiting its impact to a few percent at most, unlike Dash's 30% instamine) had anything to do with it, unlike Dash where Evan and most of the instaminers are still out there shilling it today.

Second, because it had minimal impact because steady long term mining distribution has the effect of reducing the impact of any short term issues on launch as in Monero or Litecoin (which is exactly why Dash's instamine, being the opposite, was so catastrophic).

And finally, because prominent Moneroers, certainly including myself and fluffypony among them, are on record repeatedly telling people not to buy Monero unless they are extreme speculators who are comfortable with the fact they will likely lose money. No one is continuing to try to rope in investors with spin and misleading statements and shifting stories about whether the instamine was redistributed or held by insiders as an incentive (reframing it now a "good thing"), unlike Dash.

By contrast, in addition to continued misleading statements about the instamine and the role of current leaders and insiders, Evan posted technical analysis telling people how great it was to buy Dash (EDIT: quoted below -- read for yourself, if that isn't transparent pumping, i don't know what is) at the same time it was later disclosed he was privately selling it.

And finally because it is off topic. In what brain dead logic does bringing up other coins like Litecoin or Monero serve as a defense of Dash's massive instamine scam, and of the ongoing shilling and pumping and spinning to suck even more investors into it?. But here's more evidence of AlexGR's continued participation, instead of throwing in the towel and finally allowing the scam to collapse, preventing even more investors from being scammed. Well done, AlexGR.

I'm seeing all sorts of stuff happening in the charts all at once, which is a great sign when you see a bunch of bullish formations at once. This is how I used to day trade for my firm back in the day. The general idea here is you go from the shortest time period, then you walk out to the longest. If you see bullish or bearish signals in all of the charts at once, it's quite meaningful. Here's what I'm seeing:

On the really short term chart, there's a triple top:

Moving averages are crossing as we speak, so momentum is changing from negative to positive:

If you step out a bit, It looks like we're going to cross in a couple days, for a much more meaningful MA

If we break above 0.011, I believe this was a false breakdown

When trading, there's also a couple other things to consider:
- The order book on the buy side, which is quite nice.
- Then there's the fundamental side for the trade (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GACaNvBlwc, The budget system and governance system? Plus everything we're about to do)

Away, that was fun.... back to coding
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 04:50:26 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2016, 05:00:48 PM by smooth

3. Did that guy lose any money, or more specifically did Evan rip him off in some way?

If he bought post-launch, he bought at 0.000025 per BTC. Price in mid April 2014 was around 100 times as much. If he waited a few more days, his money would be another 5x at least (500x). Where did he lose money? How did Evan rip him off? I call bullshit.

I don't know if that guy lost money but clearly there are many people have been scammed by Dash and have lost money, most notably those who bought on the initial pump up to about 0.0267, a price which has not been reached since, but also on later pumps.

When you create a coin with narrowly distributed supply from the start due to highly concentrated mining, further restrict the supply with mining reward and total supply cuts and masternode incentives (along with redirecting almost half of the already-cut mining rewards to masternode holders), then fuel that with deceptive and misleading statements (including the claim that the unstained coins were "redistributed", which Evan now acknowledges is not true, since he claims that to be his "startup equity"), along with other spin and pumping from the lead dev and a crew of shills, the result is certainly going to be unsustainable pumps to high prices which cause investors to lose money.

The sad part is, you are still doing it.

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 07:58:36 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2016, 10:28:28 PM by AlexGR

Why don't you take a look at your Monero which WAS CODED INTENTIONALLY AS A SCAM with an INTENTIONALLY CRIPPLED MINING CODE, so that some SCAMMERS could mine multiple times what naive miners were mining.

Because first of all no one involved with Monero now (which is a fork of the coin that was coded as a scam, from which the crippled code was quickly removed, limiting its impact to a few percent at most, unlike Dash's 30% instamine) had anything to do with it, unlike Dash where Evan and most of the instaminers are still out there shilling it today.

Do you think you are somehow absolved, by saying "oh we just took over the scam project and continued it"?

If you made the same questions you make regarding Darkcoin, you would ask yourself "and why didn't we relaunch and create a fair coin, instead of basing our coin in the foundations of a scam"? See the hypocrisy? And you pretend to have the moral edge? Roll Eyes

Roach was telling you "relaunch", you were like "oh we'll fix it with the least harmful fix". Tacotime was also "oh it's just a week's old coin, we can also fuck over early adopters and make the coin infinite, instead of 18mn hard-cap". I mean real legit and professional stuff:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=582080.20

Pages 2/3/4...

Arguments like "oh it's a new coin, a week old, we can surely make changes because right now we are new and, well, in the long run it doesn't matter so much"... But darkcoin can't make any changes. No... then Evan is a scammer for making changes. Fucking double standards for the win. Seriously, don't get me started with this.

Second, because it had minimal impact

AHAHAHAHAHA minimal impact... yeah right. Downplaying your scam and saying "ah the other scam is larger".

I guess those selling their 0.01 XMRs, mined by the non-crippled miner, had "minimal impact" when scamming people.

No scam here people, move along... minimal impact.

By contrast, in addition to continued misleading statements about the instamine and the role of current leaders and insiders, Evan posted technical analysis telling people how great it was to buy Dash (EDIT: quoted below -- read for yourself, if that isn't transparent pumping, i don't know what is)

Even the example you gave me is showing that people made money, not lost:

The price on the charts you are showing me, at that time stamps, was 0.01.

Today we are +60-80% up at a price range of 0.016 to 0.018.

The scam here is overwhelming Roll Eyes

But here's more evidence of AlexGR's continued participation, instead of throwing in the towel and finally allowing the scam to collapse, preventing even more investors from being scammed. Well done, AlexGR.

Go make a proper interface for your Monero scam, where your insiders where like "ohh we want it to be hard to use so that the masses come much later" (ie adoption obstacles by design, to maximize the impact of future offloading to investors who will only come when Monero becomes usable in terms of interface).

3. Did that guy lose any money, or more specifically did Evan rip him off in some way?

If he bought post-launch, he bought at 0.000025 per BTC. Price in mid April 2014 was around 100 times as much. If he waited a few more days, his money would be another 5x at least (500x). Where did he lose money? How did Evan rip him off? I call bullshit.

I don't know if that guy lost money but clearly there are many people have been scammed by Dash and have lost money, most notably those who bought on the initial pump up to about 0.0267, a price which has not been reached since, but also on later pumps.

1. You are confusing Evan ripping people off with trading between market players.

2. Even so, the initial pump was 2 years ago.

A year later one could sell around the same price level (plus having reaped a year of MN rewards)

Two years later one could sell while having 2 years of MN rewards. Which is another "scam" accusation because it allows holders to multiply their coins through the Masternode Reward system. So, you'll claim if they compensate lost value (or gain more value) by mining more coins through the MNs, it's a scam. If they just lose value and not compensate, it's still a scam. In your twisted minds whether the holder preserves value, increases value or loses value, it's ALWAYS a scam. Which just goes to show the lengths of your hell-bent intent to use negative tactics to influence your opponents.

3. If you go by the logic that any market movement that ends up in a downward movement is a scam, then you are promoting a market logic where the only way a market cannot be a scam, is if price ALWAYS goes upwards. A market where everyone who buys always wins. Such a (rapidly moving) market does not exist to the best of my knowledge. If it did exist, it would probably reach infinite marketcap levels by everyone throwing at it everything they had, including their homes - as they would always get more value back.

4. If you insist on that logic, then your Monero team and pumpers scammed investors by an ATH of 0.0111 and it's current price is 0.0035. This is 3.15 times down. People who bought at Monero's ATH have lost ~70% of their money - even at the current "pumped" Monero prices. Who scammed them Smooth? "Evan the Instaminer" who had nothing to do with Monero, or the Monero pumpers and scammers who were dumping easily mined coins and selling them for inflated prices and publicly acknowledging so in the respective threads (how many BTC they were getting per day by their enhanced miners and selling them to naive investors)?
Lukas_Jackson

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 08:16:25 PM

...clearly there are many people have been scammed by Monero (XMR) and have lost money, most notably those who bought on the initial pump up to about 0.00777, a price which has not been reached since, but also on later pumps.

When you create a coin, fuel that with deceptive and misleading statements, along with other spin and pumping from the lead dev and a crew of shills, the result is certainly going to be unsustainable pumps to high prices which cause investors to lose money.

The sad part is, you are still doing it.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=753252.0

AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 08:27:50 PM

Way beyond 0.007.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 08:29:55 PM

[logical fallacy]

Using an appeal to the supposed hypocrisy of Dash's critics to deflect their criticism of Dash is a logical fallacy.

I won't confuse you with the fancy Latin term, but you can learn more about it here:

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque

"Pronounced too-kwo-kwee."

Hope that helps.

Dash, by the way, is an instamined coin with bad crypto and sold using HYIP snake oil marketing.

It's obvious to everyone.  Not sure why Gleb has a soft spot for Duffield, who hasn't risen to the occasion by coming here to defend the instamine, shameless pumping, cargo cult crypto code, etc.

Maybe this has something to do with Gleb's fondness for Duffield's long con:

They've used pretty girls in bikinis all my life to sell cars, so what the heck is it with everyone getting so damn prude in Miami of all places?  Whatever...!

A rowdy, boozy car show is a completely different atmosphere than a calm, professional cryptography conference.

Investment and tech people are mostly there to be serious during business hours and don't expect crude, gimmicky, hard-sell techniques like a stripper in a thong.

Do you think every venue in Miami is appropriate for sleazy come-ons, just Because Miami?  Have you been to Miami?  It's a huge city, and not at all 100% titty bars, clubs, and beaches.

The "damn prude" defense of this incident shows how far you will go to rationalize anything negative about Dash.

Instead of letting it go and supporting an apology for the embarrassed conference security guards/organizers, you deflect with your normal attack-the-attacker strategy.  The 'Dash can do no wrong' act is getting old.

This is what we are supposed to believe is some neckbeard's "girlfriend."

Sorry, not buying it.  Those shoes say "paid by the half-hour" not "Bitcoin widow."   Cheesy

I feel sorry for the guys in the next booth.  They paid to exhibit at BTCMIAMI only to have Dash make it look like they are selling lap dances.

The hooker sex worker cameo was completely unprofessional, and (exactly like the unprofessionalism/incompetency of the Instamine) you just refuse to accept that fact.

Cars are "visual" they are in front you shiny and glamorous...it is normal to boost the image by adding some pretty girls there because it is "visual"

"Digital" "currency" that exist inside the internet is "not visual" so adding some "sexy" "real" person there is really a desperate move  Grin

whoever is responsible here??? is really quiet LOL

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 08:38:23 PM

Oh no, Evan is now a scammer because one guy called his bikini girlfriend to the Miami booth... so much scamming everywhere... People lost millions that day when they were seeing that bikini girl. Billions even Cry Cry Cry
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 08:43:45 PM

You know monero trolls are #REKT, when they say Evan belongs in a list of people that substantially ripped people off by quoting:

a) Some idiot in reddit who was saying DRK was issuing 40k DRKs per block
b) Evan saying 0.01 / dash is cheap (current price 0.017) - in other words the trolls had to do one job: Find some incriminating evidence where Evan ripped people of their money and they found evidence where Evan actually made 70% profit for those who factored-in his market analysis in their decision making process
c) An incident about a girl in a bikini.

You are literally wasting this (valuable) thread by your anti-darkcoin / anti-Evan obsession.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 08:46:44 PM

And finally, because prominent Moneroers, certainly including myself and fluffypony among them, are on record repeatedly telling people not to buy Monero unless they are extreme speculators who are comfortable with the fact they will likely lose money.

You are the moderator of a Monero thread where it's constantly being advertised how buying Monero is a good investment and will make the buyer a lot of money. Because you are the moderator, you have chosen to allow such posts being published and remain visible for all greedy noobs ready to lose their money.

If you had an unmoderated thread instead, you wouldn't have taken the responsibility on what remains published and what doesn't upon yourself and the liability would unequivocally fall upwards to the forum moderators and admins alone. As it currently stands, to further back your stance quoted above, perhaps it would be a good idea from both ethical and legal standpoints for you to start deleting at least the most outrageous m00n posts. Unless you think the value of the asset can only go up and no one will ever lose any money thus not getting scammed by your own definition.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 09:07:28 PM

girlfriend

Yeah right  Grin Grin Grin

You guys better stick to your Dash-Monero pillow fight, this IRL girlfriend business isn't your strong suit.
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 09:16:38 PM

[offtopic]
Yeah wrong word, make it a "friend". I'm not native english speaker... in greek the equivalent of friend is φιλoς* (male) and φιλη (female). English doesn't differentiate genders when you say "friend". You have to add an extra word to explain it instead of an extra letter. It's slightly impractical and then there is extra confusion on top of it (because if you add the girl to the friend, you get girlfriend which has a different meaning).

* Φιλoς / philo (prefix) / philo-sopher = friend of sophia (wisdom).
[/offtopic]
Lukas_Jackson

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 09:32:41 PM

Way beyond 0.007.

Initial pump was to 0.007, second was beyond 0.01

Lukas_Jackson

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 09:36:36 PM

...anti-Evan obsession.

Cheesy
Success breeds jealousy.

Lukas_Jackson

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 09:39:51 PM

And finally, because prominent Moneroers, certainly including myself and fluffypony among them, are on record repeatedly telling people not to buy Monero unless they are extreme speculators who are comfortable with the fact they will likely lose money.

You are the moderator of a Monero thread where it's constantly being advertised how buying Monero is a good investment and will make the buyer a lot of money. Because you are the moderator, you have chosen to allow such posts being published and remain visible for all greedy noobs ready to lose their money.

If you had an unmoderated thread instead, you wouldn't have taken the responsibility on what remains published and what doesn't upon yourself and the liability would unequivocally fall upwards to the forum moderators and admins alone. As it currently stands, to further back your stance quoted above, perhaps it would be a good idea from both ethical and legal standpoints for you to start deleting at least the most outrageous m00n posts. Unless you think the value of the asset can only go up and no one will ever lose any money thus not getting scammed by your own definition.

He is totally lost.

mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 09:57:07 PM

It's no wonder why crypto and especially Bitcoin have such negative mainstream image and fame. The list is long enough but I'm sure there are a lot of scammers missing from it.

I've been saying it for a long time, there's no way Bitcoin can recover from it and achieve true adoption by big companies and serious investors sadly. Our last hope are that chinese flock to BTC as if it was the new gold, and we all know that that's a pipedream, the government will shut it down before it even starts.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 10:02:23 PM

I recently answered on another thread:

Anyone who bought Dash on the basis, in whole or part, of misleading statements from Evan or the others and then lost money has been scammed.

Prime among those are the ones to whom the instaminers dumped their coins during the initial pump up to 0.0267, a price which has not be reached again in two years. That not only funded the project, it likely put a long of money straight into insiders' pockets. Subsequent pumps and prices inflated by continued double-talk and spin from Evan and others have only added to their ranks.

But smooth, "We're adults therefore any lies that we accept as true (even if advertised) are the fault of our not researching enough (even if developers are actively telling us otherwise), thus scams are impossible"--said the man before being convicted of securities fraud.

But dash isn't a bad coin imo, as I said.

Shitcoins that were fraudulently distributed and continue to be fraudulently distributed with a masternode scam that funnels coins to the insiders (who stole the instamine) perpetually while breaking the security of the anonymity are not bad coins by your illogic.

Nothing is bad. Just eat shit (feces) for breakfast please and report back on your health later.

When you don't understand, why can't you just admit to yourself that you don't understand.

Last time I checked, the colors black and white were distinct. Seems you live in a world with one color: grey. Fried eggs are grey, fried feces is grey, etc...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: