Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:38:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is it possible to hack your bitcoin from your wallet?  (Read 14269 times)
paulino_ (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 11:27:06 AM

Just come it to my mind. is it possible? to get hook into your wallet and send some to another wallet? Undecided

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 11:30:45 AM

You would have to define your question better in order to get a better answer. Technically, Bitcoin can't be currently hacked. However, what can happen (and usually happens) is that the hacker infiltrates your system by various means and then either waits for your password (if encrypted) or just sends them to another wallet. This isn't a problem that is caused by any 'Bitcoin flaws'.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
defined

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 11:32:49 AM

It is possible for anybody to make up any private key. It is just very unlikely, so unlikely that it has never happened and most likely will never happen.
gtglener

Activity: 575

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 11:34:47 AM

No it is not possible to hack bitcoins, or to use some technique so that withdraw bitcoin from someone account/wallet without any access to their account.
But if hack someones wallet. then you can transact bitcoins from their wallet to your own.
senyorito123

Activity: 1736
Merit: 505

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 11:38:01 AM

It is very possible to hack your bitcoin account many hacker try and practice to do it. No system is safe even though it has many security features it cam be crack. And also dont click on shorten links it maybe a phising site were if u log in ur id info and pass it well send to their number or email. Thats other way of being wallet is hackable.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

torrentheaven

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 11:41:25 AM

No I don't think its that easy to hack bitcoins from wallet as bitcoin wallet are very safe having unique features and I think my bitcoins are very safe in my wallet.
Aber1943

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 11:42:58 AM

Lols. I think this will not work this time. Those web developers will try to make their website and its information to be more secure and safe.
But there are still possibilities that hackers can access those websites.  since there is "NO SYSTEM IS SAFE".

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 11:44:27 AM

Technically, no, bitcoin wallet can't be hacked. However, it is possible that your "system" where your bitcoin wallet is stored gets hacked, and that will give out the access to the hacker of your bitcoin wallet too.

So just make sure that your wallet is at safe place.
Paultango

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 11:46:35 AM

If you came from the future and brought a more advanced computer and knowledge you can hack bitcoin but for now NO!!
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 12:02:30 PM

Just come it to my mind. is it possible? to get hook into your wallet and send some to another wallet? Undecided

Sure, if you use an outdated and vulnerable system that is reachable from the internet. If so, its probably already part of a bot network and adding a key logger would be a simple task once its clear that you have a bitcoin wallet. The next time you enter your password, your coins would be gone. The keylogger is not even needed if you have a weak password.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Rude Boy

Activity: 770

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 12:21:41 PM

Probably you can't hack a wallet (by brute force) with current technology because of Maths. However, you can use keylogger/malware to infect your victim's PC and can get their wallet private keys.
Aber1943

Activity: 70

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 12:32:43 PM

Ways on how to get the password of a user or of an account :

Dictionary Attacks
Bruteforce
Keylogger
Cookies of your websites and etc

So becareful of what your doing, Click at your own risk !

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 12:41:30 PM

I don't know if you have seen but last months i have seen that many people were infected by a virus or malware which when people wanted to make a transaction the pasted address was always the hackers address so people were sending accidentally money to the hacker.
templebar

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 01:03:09 PM

and there was another thread here about couple of people's bittrex account being hacked.
Make sure you enable 2FA on all trading sites which provide the facility
btcltccoins

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 01:06:33 PM

yes it is possible, most of time i hear that, i also change my wallet, you should refer XAPO wallet it is better.
otherwise you should wallet in your mobile . it is always better than other.
D3ViL

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 01:23:58 PM

Dictionary Attacks
Bruteforce
Keylogger

don't make me laugh dictionary attacks and brute force ,are you serious. it will take ages to get into, even with a super computer if you have a good password and everyone does use a strong pass for sure, the other two .keylogger ,malware and cookie hijacks are a reality and it is the easiest way to get into anyone's privacy  Wink
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 01:30:12 PM

Dictionary Attacks
Bruteforce
Keylogger

don't make me laugh dictionary attacks and brute force ,are you serious. it will take ages to get into, even with a super computer if you have a good password and everyone does use a strong pass for sure, the other two .keylogger ,malware and cookie hijacks are a reality and it is the easiest way to get into anyone's privacy  Wink

I have heard of the others, but what is this cookie hijack about?
Hide_ip112

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 01:34:19 PM

I am still confused that you want to ask. If you ask that is it possible in the bitcoin wallet hacking..??. If that is indeed your question then I will answer if not please give a clearer question again because I do not understand.
jchst

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 01:41:34 PM

I don't know if you have seen but last months i have seen that many people were infected by a virus or malware which when people wanted to make a transaction the pasted address was always the hackers address so people were sending accidentally money to the hacker.

Well its the first time i see someone talking about some malware virus that affects the adress where we wanna to send the bitcoins,besides those i believe currently there is no way to hack bitcoin,since the hash protects the network.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 01:43:04 PM

Dictionary Attacks
Bruteforce
Keylogger

Youd be surprised how many set no password at all. I dont think everyone uses a strong password and some wallets are badly defended against brute force attacks as well.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: