Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:24:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin be used for Good?  (Read 38269 times)
Labumi

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 01:34:29 PM

Obviously any kind of currency an be use for both good and bad. I don't know why are you asking these kinds of question. But for Bitcoin in particular it has no special features in which it can be advantageous for people who want to use it in good, But for Criminal it has features for security and anonymity. But yes it's how a person use his Bitcoin if it is good or bad.
Yeah I have the same opinion, I don't understand why people keep asking this, I mean anything can be used for any purposes and so does bitcoin. And the fact that bitcoin is being used for illegal activities is undeniable but that doesn't have anything to deal with its being used for good things. So yes the purposes of using bitcoin do include good ones.

No one can really know if for what reason bitcoin was produced, maybe it was created for criminal activities, or maybe it was created for something good, but once it is made it can be used for anything, now it depends on an individual if how he/she will use it because it can be used for either way.
If it was created for criminal activities then bitcoin will not be successful, the fact that we can trade it and it is increasing it's value it's not the major activities of criminal activities is the cause, it can be use for good and bad and will only depend on the users.

Yeha, it does all the things in this world have a cause or risk. So crimina that exist in the bitcoin is a cause or a loophole that could be used as something bad or utilized for them. Everything is a something thing that complement each other, where there is a goodness is sure there is no ugliness. And the growth of the bitcoin is not of criminal offence, but because a lot of people who have a good thinking in using bitcoin
arcanaaerobics

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 02:09:31 PM

Good and bad are relative, for example you can hide money with bitcoin because it's anonymous and don't tell it to the government, is it bad or good?

We can see a lot of corrupt governments that "steal" from people, so I think hide money is good...
boyptc

Activity: 3010
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 02:10:18 PM

bitcoin is a double edged sword on one hand using it provides security on the internet since no one can trace you down and on the other hand it provides a big opportunity for hackers and black market dealers that use it for selling drugs and other illegal stuff since it provides anonymity,but it all depends on the person that is using it

It is not even knew that bitcoin is being used for different illegal things and that is also contributing in the price of bitcoin. I guess they have the most contribution for the pumping that is happening now. But for me, let's just copy those people who are involved with illegal acts. Let's just simply plain use bitcoin for our own good such as shopping online.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 02:23:20 PM

bitcoin is a double edged sword on one hand using it provides security on the internet since no one can trace you down and on the other hand it provides a big opportunity for hackers and black market dealers that use it for selling drugs and other illegal stuff since it provides anonymity,but it all depends on the person that is using it

It is not even knew that bitcoin is being used for different illegal things and that is also contributing in the price of bitcoin. I guess they have the most contribution for the pumping that is happening now. But for me, let's just copy those people who are involved with illegal acts. Let's just simply plain use bitcoin for our own good such as shopping online.

No one's forcing you to use it for illegal activities just because it may have some good preferences for that. You use it for what you need it for. :p

"Let's just simply plain use bitcoin for our own good such as shopping online" for our own good? Well if bitcoin was mainly used on deepweb before, that's not affecting us that much right now anymore, people know more about btc than they did back then. Each one to their own.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
requester

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 03:17:17 PM

Yes bitcoin had been developed for good use only but some shits are using it for illegal purpose. We can help NGO and we can also some poor guy because we can earn bitcoin free from internet and by mining so those amount can be donated to them
carlerha

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 05:19:01 PM

Obviously any kind of currency an be use for both good and bad. I don't know why are you asking these kinds of question. But for Bitcoin in particular it has no special features in which it can be advantageous for people who want to use it in good, But for Criminal it has features for security and anonymity. But yes it's how a person use his Bitcoin if it is good or bad.
Yeah I have the same opinion, I don't understand why people keep asking this, I mean anything can be used for any purposes and so does bitcoin. And the fact that bitcoin is being used for illegal activities is undeniable but that doesn't have anything to deal with its being used for good things. So yes the purposes of using bitcoin do include good ones.

There are a lot of good things that can be done using bitcoin, and there are a lot of proof that bitcoin helping the poor to survive, but the media never publish a good thing about bitcoin they prefer to make bitcoin looks bad, that is why most people known bitcoin as criminal coin or terrorist coin, but actually bitcoin help a lot of people in this world
to me all the legal activities for which people are using bitcoin are good jobs. as if i am using bitcoin for shopping it is really a good activity, if i am paying my mobile bell using bitcoin it is also a good activity, and similarly there are so many other activities for which we can use bitcoin.
zombie007

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 08:16:58 PM

There are a lot of good things that can be done using bitcoin, and there are a lot of proof that bitcoin helping the poor to survive, but the media never publish a good thing about bitcoin they prefer to make bitcoin looks bad, that is why most people known bitcoin as criminal coin or terrorist coin, but actually bitcoin help a lot of people in this world
to me all the legal activities for which people are using bitcoin are good jobs. as if i am using bitcoin for shopping it is really a good activity, if i am paying my mobile bell using bitcoin it is also a good activity, and similarly there are so many other activities for which we can use bitcoin.
most of the bitcoin users are using bitcoin for legal activities as for shopping daily need stuff for refilling mobile or paying bills etc, may be a few number of people are using it for illegal activities as for purchasing or selling drugs etc, but as we can see that the good user of bitcoin are exactly more than its the users who use bitcoin for bad purposes, so bitcoin is automatically using for good deed, on other side one cans also use bitcoin for good if he donate bitcoin to cheerily centers and other non profitable organization.

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 08:24:29 PM

Yes bitcoin had been developed for good use only but some shits are using it for illegal purpose. We can help NGO and we can also some poor guy because we can earn bitcoin free from internet and by mining so those amount can be donated to them

People are bad, we can't blame the tool for that. Even not when it comes to fiat. That's what the average person doesn't seem to understand unfortunately. It's always Bitcoin that is being seen as a bad currency that allows people to use it for illegal purposes. Regarding the mining thing, in order to mine Bitcoin you need to invest a serious amount of money. Otherwise you'll end up wasting a lot time and money. Mining is over for the average person.
krishna1

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 08:59:22 PM

bitcoin is already being used for good. being a payment processor which is accepted my whole world is really the best thing we need. wen everyone has access to global market great ideas florished :p

Mydarksaviour

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 10:18:42 PM

as of the moment,  I am using bitcoin for good purposes like mobile recharge and some online purchase. I invest it to trading sites and often engage in gambling.. im.not sure if you will.consider gambling as good. Smiley

regards.
MTBTT

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 10:56:05 PM

Good and bad are relative, for example you can hide money with bitcoin because it's anonymous and don't tell it to the government, is it bad or good?

We can see a lot of corrupt governments that "steal" from people, so I think hide money is good...
I think whatever you do with bitcoin, regardless of whatever your goal it's illegal or not, if bitcoin can help you, maybe you're already using bitcoin well, and helpful bitcoin for you
Polisi Ndeso

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 03:18:28 AM

I think bitcoin can be use for good, if any mistake of the users, it's not because of the bitcoin but the dude. Just as foods, if eaten by criminals it does not mean the foods is bad.
RyanLiang

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 08:28:54 AM

The bitcoin is not totally anonymous. It is pseudo anonymous. So you can be traced by using the bitcoin.
boyptc

Activity: 3010
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 01:51:37 PM

No one's forcing you to use it for illegal activities just because it may have some good preferences for that. You use it for what you need it for. :p

"Let's just simply plain use bitcoin for our own good such as shopping online" for our own good? Well if bitcoin was mainly used on deepweb before, that's not affecting us that much right now anymore, people know more about btc than they did back then. Each one to their own.

Yes for our own good, just like what you have said, use it for what you we need it for. But people in deep web thinks that what they are doing for their daily transactions are just fine and nothing bad but in reality what they are doing is an illegal thing. And for us, who are not associated with any transactions in deep web, let's just use it for good.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Gembul

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 02:28:34 PM

The bitcoin is not totally anonymous. It is pseudo anonymous. So you can be traced by using the bitcoin.

yes, I agree with you. Some expressed bitcoin is anonymous. But the fact is if you are using bitcoin for illegal things, the authorities still can figure out your position. As is the case ever before.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 02:38:06 PM

yes, I agree with you. Some expressed bitcoin is anonymous. But the fact is if you are using bitcoin for illegal things, the authorities still can figure out your position. As is the case ever before.

Bitcoin is open, so yes, if you withdraw coins from an exchange you have verified yourself at, your details will be attached to these coins. The exchange from there can follow all your transactions.

That's why it is important to mix your coins before using them for a specific purpose. It will allow you to get rid of the coins where your details are attached to, and make use of fresh coins.

But I am quite sure that people looking to use Bitcoin for illegal activities are already doing so. If not, then they are very dumb as they rely on the semi anonymity of Bitcoin.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
AicecreaME

Activity: 2338
Merit: 454

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 02:54:37 PM

It depends on it's user actually. Bitcoin is just like cash that we are using in our daily lives. It's either we use it on the bad things or in good things. Some people are using their money on buying drugs and other illegal goods and it goes the same to bitcoin, some of the bitcoin users are using bitcoin in illegal activities because they are taking advantage of what can bitcoin do since it is completely anonymous online but still, most of the bitcoin users are using bitcoin in good stuffs.
MONKEYJUNK

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 05:12:04 AM

It depends on it's user actually. Bitcoin is just like cash that we are using in our daily lives. It's either we use it on the bad things or in good things. Some people are using their money on buying drugs and other illegal goods and it goes the same to bitcoin, some of the bitcoin users are using bitcoin in illegal activities because they are taking advantage of what can bitcoin do since it is completely anonymous online but still, most of the bitcoin users are using bitcoin in good stuffs.

I believe that most users neither buy stuffs.

I think they invest on alts, trade for fiat or just hold for some years.

It's hard to find something good to buy with bitcoin.
Positid

Activity: 378

BULL RUN until 2030

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 07:48:15 AM

I believe that most users neither buy stuffs.

I think they invest on alts, trade for fiat or just hold for some years.

It's hard to find something good to buy with bitcoin.
We can do whatever we want with our bitcoins as long as there a business that accepts it, the most common way to spend our bitcoins is though betting it in online gambling and though there are goods we can buy but it's only limited to big countries.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 03:03:21 PM

Yes, its always depends on user, demanfs and usage. But lets look on the wide horizon, people.mostly use bitcoins in buying goods, bitcoins is treated as cash since it was really a money, a digital currency actually. bitcoins will last forever as long as people needs it. Maybe skme are also using bitcoins in thier illegal activities nut some are just earning bitcoins for financial help.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: