Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:14:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Spending Bitcoins  (Read 101041 times)
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 04:27:40 PM

To grow the adoption of bitcoin we need people spending it as a daily currency.
In my country there is not much I cant buy with bitcoins.
Granted not a lot of retailers accept BTC yet but with all the services available now they dont need to.
A bitcoin debit card can be very handy.

Nowadays if I need to pay a bill then I can pay any bill via a site called livingroomofsatoshi

Please list any reasons why you could not use bitcoin for day to day expenses and maybe we can find a way.

in my country there are no shops that accept bitcoin either thus bitcoin can not perish right here and thats a really sad thing for me to be honest, i hope that everything will change in the future

i think that spending bitcoin will be available in my country after around a decade when all people will be able to use it and countries will accept it as a regular currency
In my country bitcoin is not accepted in any places including local stores, malls and restaurants. I spend coins only on online. As you said it can be accepted in future only if it becomes an ordinary currency.

Theres a way to go around the current system.

Most of the exchanges now offer a btc-debit card that funds that card value on what you hold - so you can spend traditionally since its a visa/mastercard.
cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 11:08:29 PM

Granted not a lot of retailers accept BTC yet but with all the services available now they dont need to.

Nowadays if I need to pay a bill then I can pay any bill via a site called livingroomofsatoshi

Please list any reasons why you could not use bitcoin for day to day expenses and maybe we can find a way.

in my country there are no shops that accept bitcoin either thus bitcoin can not perish right here and thats a really sad thing for me to be honest, i hope that everything will change in the future

i think that spending bitcoin will be available in my country after around a decade when all people will be able to use it and countries will accept it as a regular currency
In my country bitcoin is not accepted in any places including local stores, malls and restaurants. I spend coins only on online. As you said it can be accepted in future only if it becomes an ordinary currency.

Most of the exchanges now offer a btc-debit card that funds that card value on what you hold - so you can spend traditionally since its a visa/mastercard.

That requires you keeping funds on an exchange though, and unless you want to wait for confirmations every time you want to buy something you'll have to keep more than you intend on spending on there.  Kinda takes away one of the main benefits of BTC (complete control over your own money) using it that way...

MaritiJames3

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 08:09:33 AM

I do not ever spend any of my bitcoins not because I do not want to but because I cannot. There are not any stores where I am from to spend any bitcoins at. If there were any stores I would spend some coins I think.
Metadextrous

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 08:21:32 AM

There is still no shop that accept bitcoin as a mode of payment in my country. But some of the online shop accept it as a mode of payment, using bitcoin to pay for steam codes or mobile load is easier with bitcoin (and also cheaper too!).

I agree that the best way to make the bitcoin widely spread is by spending it.
Sandroxa

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 10:13:53 AM

Bitcoin is not widely used in my country nor even known. There is really not much option rather using bitcoin for online payments. I do use bitcoin daily for buying my Mobile load. Other than that, I have to convert bitcoin to fiat to be able to make use of it for my daily expenses.
I have the same thing in my country you cannot use Bitcoin at the local stores. I have only spend some bitcoins at some online gambling websites but that's it. 
Jaxelrell

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 12:22:10 PM

Yeah there is nothing in my country where I can use my Bitcoins as payment. So I have really no reason to be spending Bitcoins. I hope that this will change in the future.
KennyR

Activity: 2310
Merit: 532

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 01:41:46 PM

I do not ever spend any of my bitcoins not because I do not want to but because I cannot. There are not any stores where I am from to spend any bitcoins at. If there were any stores I would spend some coins I think.

Now only little by little the stores had started to accept bitcoin, so soon we can use our bitcoin for our daily needs till that saving for later use is the smart decision.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElpadroBitcoin

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 03:12:14 PM

Around this time it is not that good to spend your Bitcoins because you see that the value is now rising slowly so that is nice for the future for your Bitcoin so you spend more.
But if you want to make some profit now around this time than you have to trade or something or just only wait for the increase but it can takes a long time.
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 03:28:20 PM

Indeed, its pretty nice I also have one, from bit -x but I must say its maybe easy but not directly plus you are also paying a fee over the amount you are paying and that is also a big downside if you ask me right ?
I think its nice that its here but I hope it will be possible to pay with the bitcoin directly.
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 03:44:19 PM

Bitcoins daily using need fast transfers, nowadays Blockchain offer sometimes BTC transfers up to some hours. Which shop will agree to that ?  Wink
lanmao

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 05:42:17 PM

Bitcoin can be used to purchase goods and services , but only few stores accept payment in Bitcoin , so most people can't spent it , only save it or change it into dollars.
torrentheaven

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 05:50:16 PM

Bitcoin can be used to purchase goods and services , but only few stores accept payment in Bitcoin , so most people can't spent it , only save it or change it into dollars.

Yes that's true but many people believes in saving it for future as everyone feels that price will rise in future so holding till then can be more profitable.
ronaldinho_07

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 06:05:53 PM

Well i can sell my coins direct to a person here on the forum that will send the money to my bank without any problem.Now im investing a bit of my portfolio as i believe this is the moment to do it before the halving getting back bitcoin with big value,atleast is my wish.
rababo

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 10:29:48 AM

Mostly I spend my bitcoin to buy mobile load and internet quota.
For now, I can only spend it for digital goods, I can't spend bitcoin in real life, because there is no stores or shops that accept bitcoin as payment.
greghansel89

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 11:37:55 AM

For now, I can only spend it for digital goods, I can't spend bitcoin in real life, because there is no stores or shops that accept bitcoin as payment.

I hope that in the coming years we can use our bitcoin locally so that we wont have to bring so much money in our hands if we want to buy something just like having your own credit card without interest.
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1179

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 12:00:00 PM

That's the only thing you can do for now, to use it to buy something in the internet such as mobile load...Thanks to those exchange that really helps a lot to use our bitcoin...aside from loads you can also convert your bitcoin to fiat and receive it thru remittance centers and banks..
Adrayrd

Activity: 271

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 12:16:17 PM

Bitcoin is not widely used in my country nor even known. There is really not much option rather using bitcoin for online payments. I do use bitcoin daily for buying my Mobile load. Other than that, I have to convert bitcoin to fiat to be able to make use of it for my daily expenses.
I have the same thing in my country you cannot use Bitcoin at the local stores. I have only spend some bitcoins at some online gambling websites but that's it. 
Its not the smartest thing that you can do with Bitcoins to spend it now because the value of Bitcoin is not even that high now so it wont be that profitable for you.
It will be better if you are spending it later in the future when the value is more worth.
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 01:09:08 PM

Bitcoin is supposed to be spent! Why is the price going to rise? Why will more places accept bitcoin, when everyone who has it stores it like it is an old antique!

You can buy more Bitcoin using fiat to top up your wallet, but use your bitcoin whenever you can, support your local bitcoin businesses if you are lucky enough to have them.
Who knows, we might actually get a Bitcoin economy started!
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 04:34:07 PM

Its not the smartest thing that you can do with Bitcoins to spend it now because the value of Bitcoin is not even that high now so it wont be that profitable for you.
It will be better if you are spending it later in the future when the value is more worth.
Yeah dont spend your coins during these days, it won't be more profitable. Hold on your coins till halving which is going to happen on July, you can see a great price rise, spend your coins at that period and obtain a bulkier amount.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1101

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 04:46:38 PM

Yeah dont spend your coins during these days, it won't be more profitable. Hold on your coins till halving which is going to happen on July, you can see a great price rise, spend your coins at that period and obtain a bulkier amount.

Yes as per my belief no one is spending their coins at a moment, everyone is holding for halving expecting the price to go higher and I think that is the right thing to do at a moment.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: